Larry David is back in the news again.
拉里·大卫又出现在新闻中了
That's right, the co-creator of Seinfeld
没错 《宋飞传》的创始人之一
has returned to his contentious ways,
再次引起争议
this time in the retail arena.
这一次是在零售领域
Here's NBC's Josh Mankiewicz with more.
全国广播公♥司♥的乔希·曼凯维奇为您带来详细报道
Look, we've all experienced bad service before,
我们都曾体验过劣质服务
but for most of us, there's not much you can do about it.
但是对大多数人来说 我们做不了什么
Maybe write a negative Yelp review,
可能在商户点评网上写个差评
or maybe you just don't go back to the place.
或者你干脆就不再去那一间店了
But Larry David has chosen a different path.
但是拉里·大卫不走寻常路
This is Mocha Joe's,
这是乔家摩卡
a small coffee shop serving the Westside of Los Angeles,
一间面向洛杉矶西区客户群的小咖啡店
and this is Latte Larry's.
这是拉里拿铁
Why two coffee shops right next to each other?
为什么两家咖啡店要开在隔壁
We went to the man himself for answers.
我们向拉里本人寻求答案
I was wronged. I was mistreated.
我受委屈了 我受到恶劣对待
I ordered a cup of coffee next door,
我在隔壁乔家摩卡
at this Mocha Joe's, and, Josh,
点了一杯咖啡 然后 乔希
the coffee is cold.
咖啡是冷的
I politely asked for another cup of coffee.
我客气地请他给我换一杯
He banned me from the store. I couldn't live with it.
他就禁止我再去他们家 我可忍♥不了
So you're operating this place just out of spite?
所以你开这家店只是为了复仇吗
Yeah. It's a spite store.
没错 这是家复仇店
I called him an old, bald nut. I mean, I cop to that.
我称他为又老又秃的混球 那是我的错
But the guy comes in here,
但是那家伙来我店里
complains about the tables, complains about the coffee.
抱怨桌子 抱怨咖啡
Do you have wobbly tables?
你的桌子不稳吗
Eh, one or two. But what's the big deal? You put your foot on it.
一两张 那有什么大不了 用脚踩住就行了
Nobody else is complaining.
别人可没抱怨
If he apologized,
如果他道歉
would you get out of the coffee business?
你会停止你的咖啡生意吗
If it was a deep, heartfelt apology,
如果那是真心实意的道歉
with maybe a little tear
可能再来点眼泪
"Larry, my scones are like muffins."
"拉里 我的司康饼就像马芬蛋糕"
That would have to be included, of course.
那句话也得说 必须的
Okay, Larry says that if you would just apologize...
拉里说如果你道歉的话...
...he could get out of business.
...他就不再做咖啡生意了
Apologize? Me? Never. A ban is a ban.
道歉 我道歉 绝不可能 禁令就是禁令
You ever think that maybe the problem is,
你有没有想过问题可能在于
you were complaining too much?
你抱怨太多了
I don't like to tear people down. I want to help.
我不喜欢给别人拆台 我只是乐于助人
Look, this pocket square you got going, there,
好比 你的西服装饰方巾
it looks out of place.
它看起来与你不相称
That's for some English dandy.
那是给英国花♥花♥公♥子♥用的
It's not for a journalist.
不是给记者用的
You don't think that's kind of insulting?
你不觉得这么说挺侮辱人的吗
No, not in the least.
不 完全不觉得
Hey, if you told me you didn't like my jacket or something,
如果你告诉我不喜欢我的外套之类的
well, I, I wouldn't care.
我不会在乎的
Actually, I, I really don't like your jacket.
实际上 我确实很不喜欢你的外套
Oh, is that so?
是吗
And while Larry was the first to open a spite store,
拉里首创复仇店的先河
he's since started a trend here in Hollywood,
他在好莱坞刮起一阵风潮
with other celebrities following suit,
其他名人紧随其后
like Jonah Hill,
比如乔纳·希尔
who's now operating a spite deli.
开了一家复仇餐厅
So, you know, I used to go to Irv's Deli,
我之前常去欧文餐厅
right next door, two, three times a week.
隔壁那间 每周两三次
And I found a hair in my sandwich.
我在我的三明治里发现了一根头发
Not your hair? No.
不是你的头发 不是
This was a gray hair. It wasn't my hair.
是根灰色的头发 不是我的
And this guy Irv's going, "Oh, it's yours."
欧文那家伙说 "就是你的头发"
And I'm, like, what can I do, you know?
我就想 我该怎么办
I, I can't sleep. I'm taking four or five Ambien to get to sleep,
我睡不着 我得吃四五粒安♥眠♥药♥才能睡着
'cause all I see is this guy Irv's face.
因为我脑海里一直出现那个叫欧文的家伙的脸
So what changed?
那你如何走出阴影的呢
What changed was I had seen Latte Larry's.
是拉里拿铁的故事帮助我走出了阴影
The idea of a spite store's such a brilliant idea.
复仇小店的点子真是太棒了
I'm gonna open a spite deli.
我要开一间复仇餐厅
What started off with spite
本只是为了复仇而开的餐厅
has now become a passion project.
现在成为了他的热爱
Thanks for dining with us.
感谢来我们这里用餐
Three dollars?
就三美金吗
And you're turning down acting and directing gigs for this?
你为了开这间店拒绝演出和导演的工作
What's left for me in Hollywood?
好莱坞还能给我什么呢
Win some award or something, you know?
最多就是拿点奖之类的
Any time I see a customer walk in here that used to go to Irv's,
每次我看到一位曾经去欧文餐厅的客人走进这里
it's like my own tiny little human Oscar walking in here.
就好像走进来了一个颁发给我的活体奥斯卡奖杯
So this is your life now?
那你以后就干这个了吗
I might actually open
事实上我可能在纽约
a spite deli out in New York.
再开一间复仇餐厅
There was a spot on 42nd Street
42街那里有间店
that was a bit disrespectful that I'm looking at taking out.
曾对我不太尊重 我正在想要不要把他整垮
Jonah Hill is not the only celebrity with spite on his mind.
乔纳·希尔不是唯一一个想要复仇的名人
This is Ray's Exotic Birds,
这是雷家奇珍异鸟
and this is Sean's.
这是肖恩奇珍异鸟
It's become the place
它成为了购买♥♥金刚鹦鹉
to get a macaw, or a hummingbird nester.
或者蜂鸟鸟巢的地方
I had always wanted a talking bird.
我一直都很想要一只会说话的鸟
So I go to Ray,
所以我去了雷家奇珍异鸟
just next door,
隔壁那间
and he sells me the bird.
他卖♥♥给我一只鸟
And the bird doesn't talk. It just sort of grunts.
但那只鸟不会讲话 它只会咕哝
So I go back to return it. He says, "No returns."
所以我去退货 他说 "不接受退货"
I said, "Bullshit."
我说 "你♥他♥妈♥坑我"
'Cause he knew, he knew it was a mute bird.
因为他知道 他知道那只鸟不会讲话
And I'm on a kind of slow burn,
我逐渐怒火中烧
not knowing quite what to do.
但不知道该怎么办
Then Larry opens up the coffee place,
然后拉里开了那间咖啡店
and it was like, ding, ding, ding.
我的脑海里也灵光一现
Sean's Exotic Birds.
肖恩奇珍异鸟
It put Ray right out of business.
让雷家奇珍异鸟破产
Here, this is a hyacinth macaw, from Brazil.
这是一只来自巴西的紫蓝金刚鹦鹉
Would you like to hold him?
你想举一下它吗
Sure.
当然
Does all the time you're spending here
你在这里所花的时间
take away from, you know, acting?
会削减你花在演艺事业上的时间吗
I was never a very, Zen sort of personality,
我从来都不是一个很有禅性的人
but I find myself very, very calm now.
但我发现自己现在非常平静
I think, you know, it's the birds.
我想 都归功于这些鸟
Shut up!
闭嘴
So the next time you see
所以下次你再看到
two similar stores right next to each other,
有两家相邻商店非常类似
there's a pretty good chance one of 'em's doing it out of spite.
很可能有一家是为了复仇而开的
Savannah and Hoda, back to you.
萨凡纳和霍达 接下来交给你们
Aah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. It hurts right there?
是 就是这里 这里疼吗
Now we're gonna bend it. Anyway,
现在我们弯曲一下 总之
the guy in the motorized wheelchair,
那个坐着电动轮椅的人
he's on line at my store
他在我店里排队
Aah, that's plenty. Yeah. Right there. Okay.
不能再弯了 是的 只能弯到这里
And all of a sudden, he gets beep panic,
突然 他被催了就惊慌失措了
And rolls right into me. Unbelievable.
然后就直冲冲撞到我 太离谱了
Okay, so here's the bottom line with your knee. Okay?
你的膝盖是这么个情况
Yeah. You have a tear in your meniscus.
好的 你的半月板有一处撕裂
You know, if you want to fix
如果你想永久性地
this thing once and for all, you need surgery.
解决这个问题 需要进行手术
All right? I go in there,
好吗 我打开你的膝盖
I, uh, I repair the tear in your meniscus,
修补半月板上的撕裂
you're back home the very same day.
你当天就可以回家
You'll be in bed for about a week.
再卧床一周
剧集 | 消消气(2000) | 导航列表