Especially when my partner, Jimmy, was with us at the table.
我经常把他的钱都赢光了
I used to take him to the cleaners.
你知道为什么么
You want to know why?
因为你牌打得好
Because you're really good at playing cards?
我就一般水平
I'm average.
说实话 中上水平吧
Well, above average to be completely honest with you.
真厉害 这个引人入胜的故事
That's wonderful. Are we anywhere near
给我们什么结论了吗
this riveting tale coming to a conclusion?
杰米·弗斯科有个小动作
See, Jimmy Fusco had a tell.
每当他撒谎的时候
Whenever he was bluffing,
他就会挠下巴
he used to rub his chin.
我就是靠这个赢他的
That's how I used to own him.
哦 还真是值得怀疑
Well, that certainly was worth the suspense.
多谢告诉了
Thank you so much for sharing.
你没听明白我要跟你说的意思么
Don't you get what I'm telling you?
没有
No, I don't.
昨天晚上我问杰米他是不是跟
Last night when I asked Jimmy if he had anything to do
那笔丢的钱有关...
with this money going missing...
他挠下巴了
He rubbed his chin.
挠了 艾琳
He did it, Erin.
他做了
He did it.
安东尼 很抱歉
Anthony, I'm sorry.
那我们该怎么办
Uh, where does that leave us?
我是说 做什么
I mean, what do we do?
不能坐视不理
We ain't gonna do nothing.
你应该知道刚刚是你说了
You do realize you just said
我们得行动的吧
that we are gonna do something.
我知道
Yeah, I do.
你确定吗
You do?
我们去抓住这个混♥蛋♥吧
Let's go get this son of a bitch.
她承认杀了出轨的丈夫
She confessed to killing her two-timing husband,
- 我就逮捕了她 - 但其实是儿子做的
- so I arrested her. - But it was his son.
是啊 表面上看 我很快接受了她的供述
Yes, but I was quick to take her confession at face value,
第一个失败之处
which is my first failure.
第二个呢
What was your second?
我抓了她儿子
I arrested the son.
因为在过去来讲 他这样做是在捍卫
For doing what, in the old days, would've been considered
母亲的尊严
defending his mother's honor.
但那是在过去
But it's not the old days.
这个不算失败
So it's not a fail.
也许吧 就算我没失败 但还不如失败了
Okay, so maybe I didn't fail, but I kind of wish I did fail.
这个能算么
Does that count?
- 不好说 - 不算失败么
- Not sure. - Not a fail?
- 不算 - 行吧 那我就失败了一次
- No. - Okay, so I only failed once.
好人做了坏事 没什么比这更糟糕的了
Nothing worse than when the good guy's the bad guy.
是啊 尤其是坏人还继续毁着你的生活
Yeah, when the bad guy keeps on destroying lives
哪怕他死了
even after he's gone.
好了 该谁了 还谁没说
Okay, whose turn? Who didn't go?
杰克
Jack.
- 过 - 别啊 杰克 - 你不能这样
- Pass. - Come on, Jack. - You can't do that.
- 不能不说 - 我一点都不喜欢这个活动
- Can't pass. - I did not miss this game at all.
你躲不掉的 杰克 说吧
There's no getting out of it, Jack. Come on.
这周有啥失败的事儿
What did you fail at this week?
我们就不能像一般家那样
Can't we just be like a normal family
你们问问学校的或者其他啥事么
and you guys ask us about school or something?
或者聊聊这周有啥好事
Or talk about the good things that happened this week?
这是传统
It's tradition.
你从成功中学不到什么
Because there's almost nothing to learn from success.
换句话讲 失败
Failure, on the other hand,
是你最好的老师
is the best teacher you'll ever have.
- 我们会牢记你的话 - 不可能
- And we will take your word for it. - Not happening.
各位 相信我 我都懂
Guys, believe me, I get it.
我以前也觉得这在瞎搞 但到时候你们就知道了
I used to think it was nuts, too, but you'll see.
- 的确很有用 - 怎么会呢
- It's really useful. - How?
因为如果你不失败 就不会再努力
Because if you aren't failing, you aren't trying,
如果不努力
and if you aren't trying,
- 就不是真正的生活 - 完全正确
- you aren't really living. - Exactly right.
杰克 一吐为快吧 说说你这周搞砸啥了
Come on, Jack, spit it out. What'd you screw up this week?
是啊 啥事
Yeah, what was it?
- 快说 - 说吧 孩子
- Come on. - Come on, son.
接受痛苦
Embrace the pain.
行吧 行吧
All right, fine.
我问史黛西·利布里奇可不可以约会 她说不行
I asked Stacey Librizzi on a date and she said no.
哎
Ah.
噢
Ooh.
- 真惨 - 闭嘴
- Harsh. - Shut up.
恭喜啊
Congratulations.
- 加把劲儿 杰克 - 说啥呢
- Way to go, Jack. - Why?
跟着我说 "史黛西·利布里奇 我不会在你身边停留"
Say it with me. "Stacey Librizzi, keep walking""
史黛西 这是你的损失
Hey, Stace, your loss.
或者 "求求你 不要走"
Or "Please, Don't Go, Girl".
- 哈哈 - 爸你啥意思啊
- Yeah! - What does that even mean?
老话了 但好使 当我没说
It's an oldie, but goodie. Forget about it.
我们都经历过
We've all been there.
欢迎加入兄弟会
Welcome to the brotherhood.
你们大家太可怕了
You guys are all so weird.
你从中学到了什么
What'd you learn from it?
我不知道
Mm, I don't know.
别这样 杰克
Ah, Jack.
不如这样 学到的是 即时你受了伤
How about you took your shot, you got shot down,
但仍要坚挺
but you're still standing.
我记下了
I'll go with that.
好了 还差谁了
All right, who else hasn't gone yet?
咋了
What?
你怎么样啊 弗朗西斯
What about you, Francis?
这周有什么失败的事儿么
Any failures this week?
现在说还为时过早
Too soon to tell.
审议一个像运输调度局局长这样的职位
Most of the criteria that has to be met for consideration
需要的标准大多数都是显而易见的
to a post like chief of transit is obvious:
能力和经验
skill and experience,
人才的可发展性
scalability of talent,
正直 诚实
integrity, honesty,
还有与我相处的能力
and the ability to get along with me.
我的选择是一位已经在警局为这座城市
My choice has served this city in 19 years of service
服务了19年的人
with this department,
在派驻到巡逻部门
including highly successful postings in the Patrol,
特别行动部
Special Operations,
交通局和房♥管局的工作期间都很成功的人
Transportation and Housing Bureaus.
他受人喜爱和尊敬
He is well-liked and respected,
不仅是我们这栋楼里的人
not just by all of us in this building,
还有全城的基层人员和百姓们
but by the rank and file across this city.
但如果说要选一名分局局长的话
But if there is one trait that I would consider
我还要考虑一个重中之重的特质
first among equals in picking a chief,
是责任
it is accountability.
如果你自己都不具备这最重要的一点
You can't ask the men and women in your command for it
你也不能要求别人做到
if you don't first and foremost own it yourself.
从头到尾 最符合这些标准的
There is one of our finest who meets all these criteria,
人选是...
first to last...
汤姆斯·潘沃斯 我们的新任运输调度局局长
our new transit chief, Thomas Penworth.
祝贺你 局长
Congratulations, Chief.
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表