剧集 | 小律师大作为(2011) | 导航列表
after you invested in it and turned it around?
会就这么放弃自己一手筹建的事业吗
No. I -- I -- I completely get where you're coming from,
不 我 我完全明白你的意思
but you can't force Tommy to run.
但你不能强迫汤米竞选
He could tank a couple of speeches
只要他故意弄砸几次演讲
and his poll numbers would sink.
他的支持率便会一落千丈
And that would be breach of contract
那他就违反了合约
and I'd still sue his ass for 500 grand.
我可以索赔五十万美金
He's not a rich kid. He doesn't have 500 grand.
他又不是有钱人 他没有五十万
An assemblyman makes $95,000 a year.
众议员一年才赚九万五千美金
I don't want the money. I want him to run.
我不想要他的钱 我想要他继续竞选
He could be governor and beyond.
他可以成为州长 甚至更进一步
Listen, we vetted Tommy to the bone marrow.
听着 我们对汤米了如指掌
If this is some kind of bimbo eruption,
如果只是点桃色事件
it happened on the campaign.
这在竞选中是常有的事
I'm telling ya, he can survive this.
我告诉你 他肯定能撑过去
Tommy doesn't want that.
汤米不想面对这些
So then it was another woman.
这么说来确实是有这么个女人咯
Just give him his life back. That's all --
让他过回自己的生活
That's all he wants.
这才是他想要的
Yep. And I want my life back, too.
那我也想过回我自己的生活
Just the way it is.
就是维持现状
So tell Tommy we can hash it out in court,
转告汤米咱们可以在庭上接着讨论这问题
but he better be in Stockton tomorrow morning
但明早他最好出席在斯托克顿
for that pancake breakfast,
举♥行♥的煎饼早餐会
or the press are gonna ask questions.
否则媒体会追问原因的
Thanks, guys.
多谢两位
I knew Eli wouldn't budge.
我就知道伊莱不会让步
So let's take him to court.
那就庭上见
No. No, no, no, no, no, no.
不行 不 不行
Where there's court, there's bound to be media.
如果上了法庭 媒体肯定紧追不舍
Not if we file a motion to have the proceedings sealed up.
我们可以请求秘密开庭
All parties enter through a secure entrance.
所有出庭人必须经过安检
Okay.
好吧
Let's do it.
就这么办
Okay.
好的
Which means that we're gonna need to know everything
我们必须知道一切关于
about why you're dropping out
你退出竞选的原因
so that we can anticipate what they're gonna throw at us.
这样才能推断出他们将怎样进行庭审辩论
We need to know about the other woman.
告诉我们关于那个女人的事
Who is she, Tommy?
汤米 她是谁
It's okay. Tell them.
没关系 告诉他们吧
The other woman...
那个女人
is my campaign manager's wife.
是我竞选经理的妻子
Eli's wife?
伊莱的妻子
That's right.
没错
Leonard Franklin's office.
莱纳德·弗兰克林的办公室
Hey, Bunny.
你好 邦妮
Hello, Mr. Franklin.
你好 弗兰克林先生
Any calls? Yes.
有我的电♥话♥吗 有
The bank, Dr. Markle,
银行 马克尔医生
Bob says you need a fourth for Friday,
鲍勃说星期五三缺一
And your son called -- six times.
还有你儿子 打来六次
That annoying little prick.
那个讨厌的小鬼
The one time I don't use a condom.
就那一次没用避孕套
Good thing I did with you, though.
好在跟你一起的时候用了
Huh, Buns?
是吧 妮妮
Leonard.
莱纳德
Tell you what, get me Roger Dempsey on the phone.
帮我接通罗杰·登普西
And, uh, oh, send Jared a jet ski for his birthday.
还有 送台水上摩托艇给杰尔德当生日礼物
Two of them.
送两台
A kawasaki, ultra 300lx.
川崎牌 超级增压三百匹马力
Sure. One moment, please.
好的 请稍等
Hello. Leonard Franklin for Roger Dempsey.
你好 莱纳德·弗兰克林找罗杰·登普西
Uh, yes. Uh, this is me.
是的 我就是
One moment, please.
请稍等
Are we gonna make some money together or what?
咱俩到底是不是要一起赚一笔啊
You know, uh, Leonard, I --
你知道的 莱纳德 我
I told you I would need the weekend.
我说了我要过了周末才能答复你
It's the weekend somewhere, and I need an answer.
有的地方已经是周末了 我需要你的答复
Well, I am leaning your way.
这么说吧 我倾向于你这边
Uh, but I got to go.
我得挂了
No problem.
没问题
Let me walk your traitor ass to the door.
让我送送你这个叛徒
Stanton sobered you up, paid off your student loans.
斯坦顿帮你戒了酒 还了学生贷款
Is this how you pay him back?
这就是你报答他的方法
Hey, I gave him 20 good years.
我为他奉献了我二十年的青春
And I made a lot of rain.
也为律所赚了不少钱
Oh, sure.
当然
Well, then, you've earned the right to screw us all over.
所以你觉得你有权利让大家都完蛋
"Us"? There is no "us" here.
"大家" 这里根本就没"大家"
If you didn't spend so much time
如果你没有总是
treating your partners as the enemy,
把你的合伙人当作敌人对待
and maybe once invited us over
如果你有那么一次邀请我们
for one of your legendary parties...
参加你的那些传奇派对
maybe I would feel a sense of loyalty to you.
或许我对你们还会有那么一丝忠诚
I don't know how we missed it.
我们怎么会忘了你呢
Yeah, 'cause you'd fit right in.
是啊 因为你很合适
At least I didn't keep a file on you.
至少我可没把你们做的每件事记录在案
File? File?
记录在案 记录在案
What do you think triggered the H.R.
要不然人力资源部
investigation on you guys?
怎么会去调查你们
Karp?
卡普
No, no, no, no. Dude, later.
不 老兄 这个以后再说
Got to get to court.
现在得上庭了
The contract, if there ever was one, Your Honor,
法官阁下 如果说真有这么个合同
was for Eli's services
那么合同也只是规定
in the race for state assemblyman, not governor,
帮助伊莱竞选州议员 而并非竞选州长
which makes this unenforceable
所以合同没有可执行性
and voidable by either party.
双方都可选择撤销
When Tommy Dale ran for governor,
当汤米·戴尔参加州长竞选时
that was Tommy's way of picking up Eli's option.
就表示汤米履行了伊莱的续约选择
He therefore owes him for the duration of the campaign.
因此 他需支付伊莱整个竞选活动的薪水
Quantum meruit, Your Honor.
按劳计酬 法官阁下
Eli is owed for work already completed,
伊莱有权获得所有完成了的工作报酬
Not for future work on
但汤米无需为不可执行契约里
an unenforceable contract,
未完成的工作付薪水
which, by the way, the petitioner maintains
顺便提一下 起诉方承认
was a handshake agreement.
这只是个口头协议
Which is an oral contract and legally binding.
口头协议也具有法律约束力
Your Honor, we'd like to call Peter Bash to the stand.
法官阁下 我们想请皮特·巴什出庭作证
Uh, Your Honor,
法官阁下
opposing counsel can't be called as a witness.
对方律师不能被当作证人传唤
That's correct,
说得没错
and I find it hard to believe Mr. Carlton wouldn't know that.
难以相信卡尔顿先生会不知道这条例
I do, too.
我也觉得难以相信
I do, Your Honor,
我知道 法官阁下
but, uh, Mr. Bash isn't a lawyer.
但巴什先生不是位律师
Are you, Mr. Bash?
你是吗 巴什先生
How the hell did they find out?
他们是怎么知道的
What?
什么
I have one of the best op research teams.
我的团队是顶级的背景研究团队
Kind of a curse right now.
现在变成了个诅咒
Your Honor, Mr. Carlton is referring to a clerical error
法官阁下 卡尔顿先生指的是一个笔误
that has temporarily compromised
导致我暂时无法
my ability to practice law in this state.
在这个州内以律师身份出庭
He's been disbarred, Your Honor.
他被取消了律师出庭的资格 法官阁下
Oh, that is not true, Your Honor.
这说法不对 法官阁下
He is on administrative suspension.
这只是行政停职而已
That pre-dates when Mr. Bash first started consulting
这发生在巴什先生首次为汤米·戴尔
with Tommy Dale on this matter.
提供关于此案的咨♥询♥之前
剧集 | 小律师大作为(2011) | 导航列表