剧集 | 小律师大作为(2011) | 导航列表
I-I can't practice law.
我没有律师资格了
He can't practice law.
他没有律师资格了
Well, you could have led with that, Pete.
你该早说啊 皮特
Yeah. It's temporary. I -- it's a payment dues --
只是暂时的 我 付款到期
Yeah. It's a long story.
说来话长
But if you need a driver, this is the guy.
要是你需要司机 找他好了
Yeah. You remember Jared.
是啊 你还记得杰尔德吧
You probably remember his sister better.
也许你对他妹妹印象更深一点
Yeah. This guy's great, isn't he?
这家伙不错 不是吗
You can trust him, I swear.
我发誓 你可以信任他
I'm like a ladybug but tough.
我就像只小瓢虫 但是坚强不屈
Ladybug? Really? Yeah.
瓢虫 真用这词 是的
The beetle is a symbol of trust,
甲壳虫是信任的象征
And you can use that on your stickers or whatever you want.
你可以让它随便爬到杆子或其他东西上
Let's get out of here.
咱们走吧
Lead the way.
你开路
You want to drop out of the race?
你想退出竞选
You were surging in the polls.
你的支持率节节攀升啊
Yeah. Serious?
是的 当真吗
You know, I come this close to knowing someone
我差一点就认识个人
who can point me to the right liquor store
能给我指明去哪个烟酒店
to buy a lottery ticket, and he bails.
买♥♥彩票了 可他却要退出
Hey, believe me, this is harder for me.
相信我 这对我来说更艰难
My whole life I wanted to do this.
这是我一生追求的梦想
I gotcha.
我明白
I'll still be your friend even though
哪怕你是查茨沃斯的
you're a lowly assemblyman from Chatsworth.
卑贱装配工 我也还是你朋友
That's big of you.
你真高尚
I won't. Why?
我就不会 为什么退出
It's personal.
私人原因
We're gonna go ahead and ask if it's your health
汤米 我们会问你是否健康出了问题
so we can get to the real question, Tommy.
这样才能引出我们真正想问的
It's not my health. Who is she?
不是健康原因 她是谁
It doesn't matter, Peter. I'm not running.
这无关紧要 皮特 我不参加竞选了
No, I'm not doing this to my family.
不 我不会这样对待自己的家庭
Besides, the party only put me out there
况且 党派让我来参加
as roadkill against Hendricks, and then he dropped out.
就是为了对付亨德里克斯 后来他退出了
What is anime porn, anyway?
话说什么是成人动漫
I don't know why you're looking at us.
我不知道你为啥看着我们
I don't know, man. I don't know.
我不知道哦 老兄 不懂
Why don't you just resign?
你直接退出不就好了
Why do you need a lawyer?
为什么要请律师呢
My campaign manager, Eli Palmer,
我的竞选经理伊莱·帕莫
won't let me just drop out.
不让我退出
He said he'd sue me for breach.
否则他就告我违约
You sign a contract?
你签了份合同
No, but...
没有 但...
There might have been a handshake.
算是有口头协议吧
Well, let us talk to Eli first.
那我们先去和伊莱谈谈
We'll go from there.
从他那里找突破口
Appreciate it.
非常感谢
Morning, everyone.
各位早上好
Pause it. Pause it.
先暂停 暂停
Last saturday night, I went out on the town
上周六晚上 我和我的好朋友
with my good friend Salman Rushdie.
萨尔曼·拉什迪出去找乐子了
Salman and I went to the Cherry Pop in West Hollywood,
我们去了西好莱坞市的樱桃流
where I danced on a 7-foot-high lucite cube.
我还在两米高的玻璃舞台上跳了舞
A special moment for anyone.
这样的时光对谁都是难忘的
Yes. It was, Roger.
没错 说得对 罗杰
Salman proffered that life is like a war zone.
萨尔曼认为生活就像战场
A war zone rife with shame, gossip, and secrets.
一个充斥着耻辱 流言和秘密的战场
But I must say, I -- I disagreed with my friend.
但我得说 我...我不同意他的观点
I mean, I suppose it's the difference between
我认为这两者有天壤之别
being a cynical pessimist with a fatwa against you
就像一个对你品头论足的愤世嫉俗悲观者
and being me -- a dashing
和我 一位雄心勃勃
ex-pat with his own law firm.
拥有自己法律公♥司♥的人之间的区别
Food for thought. Shall we begin?
真是发人深省啊 我们可以开始开会了吧
What the hell's going on here?
这到底是怎么了
Did, uh, Roger do something?
罗杰做了什么错事么
Possibly.
也许吧
Is that staring thing a new management technique?
瞪人是一种新的管理技术吗
Your father and the other partners at his firm
你父亲和他律所的其他合伙人
are trying to buy us out.
想把我们买♥♥下来
What?
什么
He can't buy the firm out from under you.
他不可能从你手里买♥♥走律所
Your name's on the wall.
律所是以你的名字命名的
Unfortunately, Jared,
但很不幸 杰尔德
this is a democracy.
律所是民♥主♥制的
If he gets 16 of the 31 partners
如果周五的合伙人会议上
to vote in favor of the takeover
三十一名合伙人
at Friday's partners' meeting,
超过半数投票支持收♥购♥的话
then all the equity partners
那么所有的股权合伙人
will be working for Leonard Franklin.
都会成为莱纳德·弗兰克林的手下
What about all the people here?
那这里的职工呢
They gonna go to New York?
都得去纽约吗
Unfortunately, they're gonna have to find work elsewhere.
很遗憾 他们都得另谋高就了
Sadly, the firm will probably be dissolved.
悲哀的是 公♥司♥很可能会被解散
That can't happen.
不能让这悲剧发生
What we have to do is isolate
我们要做的就是
two or three partners still in play,
把两三个有影响力的合伙人隔离开来
and we can get them to vote against the takeover.
然后说服他们投票反对收♥购♥
Let us handle that.
我们来解决
Have you got my back?
你们会挺我吗
You're damn right. You know it.
肯定啊 你懂得
I appreciate that, gentlemen.
谢谢 先生们
I'd better take this. I'll be right back.
我出去接个电♥话♥ 马上就回来
Yes? Yes, this is he.
你好 是我
Stanton never should have hired you two.
斯坦顿真不该雇你俩
You're bait for a scumbag
是你们把莱纳德·弗兰克林
like Leonard Franklin.
这种人♥渣♥引来的
Hey. That is my crappy dad you're trashing.
你骂的是我老爹哎
And it's not like Stanton hiring his inbred nephew
斯坦顿雇自己的亲侄子这招
was brilliant leadership.
也不怎么高明嘛
Is it true you lost your bar card?
你们真的把条码卡给丢了吗
Is it true that your mom's on my speed dial?
你我快速拨号♥表里真的有你老妈吗
All right. Leave my intern alone.
好啦 别调戏我的助理了
Which are the other partners that are still in play?
有影响力的合伙人有哪些
Roger and Daniels' son, Brock.
罗杰和丹尼尔斯的儿子 布鲁克
He's an entitled little narcissist.
一个名副其实的小自恋狂
Takes one to know one, though, right, Karpy?
物以类聚 人以群分嘛 对吧卡普儿
Oh, that was really helpful, Bart Simpson.
你这话还真有用呀 巴特·辛普森
Let's see if we can smoke out
看看我们能不能找到
Roger and Brock and change their minds.
罗杰和布鲁克 让他们改变主意
How you gonna do that?
你们打算怎么做
It's -- it's need-to-know. Top secret.
需者方知 这是最高机密
It's above your pay grade.
你级别还不够高啊
Great. Brimming with confidence. Yeah.
行 就这么信心爆棚吧 好呀
That's great. It's all over the place.
很好 信心满满到处都是呢
Whatever. Wish we could tell you, though.
无所谓 其实我们也很想告诉你啊
Yeah. We really do.
就是 真心想啊
You got any ideas?
想到什么主意没
Nothing. You?
没 你呢
No.
也没
I could have taken any number of jobs
我本来可以
with other candidates,
和很多候选人合作
but I chose Tommy, the underdog,
但我选了不被看好的汤米
because I believed in him.
因为我相信他
I put a lot of work into getting him race-ready,
我为他的竞选做了很多准备工作
from fashion makeovers to intensive policy prep.
从时尚造型到紧急政策的准备
Now, would you walk away from a business
换做是你
剧集 | 小律师大作为(2011) | 导航列表