I am now.
你是里奥·盖茨每天上学放学
You were the superintendent of a building
必经过的一幢楼房♥的管♥理♥员♥
that Leo Gates passed by on the way to and from school.
我们谈过
We talked on, uh...
就在11月10号♥ 里奥失踪之后
November 10, the day... after Leo went missing.
我是那房♥子的管♥理♥员♥
I was the super of the building.
我已经告诉过那警探了
I already told the detective that.
你要不要
Well, can I, uh,
来点吃的或喝的 威瑟尔先生
get you something to eat or drink, Mr. Wessel?
我只想离开这
I just want to get out of here.
我什么都和刚才那位警探说了
I'm not gonna tell you anything different than I did him.
我们在里奥·盖茨
We found this...
遗体旁的书包里找到了这个
in Leo Gates' backpack with his remains.
四年级写作
It's a fourth grade writing assignment.
好比是完形填空式传记
Kind of a fill-in-the-blank biography.
11月9日
November 9.
里奥·盖茨 他的名字 最关心的是
"Leo Gates," Name, "Cares deeply about:
我的家人
"My family.
以后想当什么
"What do you want to be?
职业棒球手
"Professional baseball player.
你最爱什么
"What do you love?
棒球的一切
"Anything to do with baseball.
最怕什么
"What do you fear?
不能打中棒球
Not being able to hit a baseball."
想想吧 泰德
Imagine that, Ted.
11月9号♥之前 里奥最害怕的事
Before November 9, all Leo was afraid of
是不能打中个棒球
was not being able to hit a baseball.
你为什么要这样
Why are you doing this?
我只是想理清点头绪
Well, I just wanted to clear some things up.
我们在11月10号♥谈话时
When we talked on November 10,
你那天穿着
you were wearing
蓝色工作衫 卡其色的裤子
"Blue work shirt, khaki trousers,
褐色的工作靴
"Tan work boots
还带着工具带
and a tool belt."
那么
Well...
我的笔记里要紧的也就这些了
that's all I really had in my notes... that mattered,
但我记忆力很好 泰德
but... I have a pretty good memory, Ted.
那
So...
我在办公室里 远眺我的这座城市
I'm in my office, staring out...
然后我就想到
at my city, and I thought
我的楼房♥管♥理♥员♥曾对我说过
of what my superintendent used to say:
要是有松动 就用胶带封 要是吱嘎响 就用润滑剂
"If it moves, you duct-tape it, if it squeaks, you WD-40 it,
要是卡住了 就用榔头敲
and if it's stuck, you hit it with a hammer."
不知道 也许这话让我想起了什么
And I don't know, I think that kind of jogged my memory,
因为突然之间 我脑子里
because all of a sudden, I had this...
出现了这样的画面回闪
kind of photograph in my mind,
我想起了当时我们会面时
and I realized that when we talked...
你的榔头不在你的工具带上
your hammer was missing from your tool belt.
那个时候我才知道
And that's when I knew.
我可不会用榔头去打个小孩的头
I-I wouldn't hit a kid in the head with a hammer.
里奥就是那么死的 你怎么会知道
That's how Leo was killed; how'd you know that?
卡特警探告诉我的
Detective Carter told me.
他没有
No, he didn't.
我在报上看到的
I read it in the paper.
报纸上都没有 泰德
It wasn't in the paper, Ted.
总是有人偷东西偷工具
P-People steal tools all the time.
东西一放下 眨眼就不见了
I mean, you set something down, they steal it.
几天前
Few days ago...
我不得不告诉劳拉·盖茨 里奥的母亲
...I had to tell Laura Gates-- that's Leo's mom--
我不得不告诉她里奥的死讯
I had to tell her that Leo was dead.
从某种角度说
In a way,
她似乎反而解脱了
she seemed relieved to know,
终于
finally.
因为没有消息
Because not knowing...
对她而言最可怕 泰德
had taken a terrible toll on her, Ted.
当你失去一个孩子
When you lose a child, it, uh...
一切是如此的不公
it seems so unfair.
我知道
I know.
我失去了一个儿子
I lost a son.
而我认为你也能理解
And I think you'll understand that...
人无法从这样的悲剧中真正回复过来
you never really recover from a loss like that.
读读看
Read it.
大声读出来好么 拜托了
Could you read it out loud? Please?
尊敬的盖茨夫人
"Dear Mrs. Gates,
对于令郎的失踪 我感到非常抱歉
"I am very sorry that your son has disappeared.
我知道您现在是多么伤心
"I know how terribly you must feel.
我非常抱歉
I am sorry for that."
我觉得写这封信的是个好人 泰德
I think a good person wrote that letter, Ted.
一个有良心的人
A man with a conscience.
一个犯了错误
Someone who made a mistake
而为之悔恨半生的人
and regretted it and carried it with him the rest of his life.
一个挥之不去的阴影
A mistake that haunted him
毁掉他的婚姻
till it broke up his marriage
并让他酗酒度日麻醉自己
and turned him to alcohol to dull the pain.
让他就此倒下
A mistake that left him broken...
直至万劫不复
and that he never recovered from.
这信是你写的 泰德
You wrote that letter, Ted.
那天在下雨
It was raining.
他都湿透了
He was all wet.
就那样
That's all.
那
Well...
就说说你为什么会不小心
...just tell how you didn't mean to do it.
把整件事前前后后都写出来吧
Just write down everything.
我准备起草动议
I would like to file a motion
撤销针对被告的指控
to dismiss the charges against my client.
基于什么理由 辩护人
On what grounds, Counselor?
这太荒谬了 法官大人
This is absurd, Your Honor.
本案唯一的证人撤销了她的证词
The only witness has recanted her statement.
慢着 请问你们
Hold it. Excuse me.
不用在意我们 法官
Hey, don't mind us, Judge.
我说 现在这里正在进行庭审
Excuse me, there's a court in session here.
先生 你这是扰乱司法
Sir, you are out of order.
这儿可不只我一个扰乱了司法
Hey, I'm not the only one who's out of order.
先生 坐下
Sir, sit down!
我不想坐
I don't want to sit.
先生 我将视你为蔑视司法
Sir, I will find you in contempt!
这儿蔑视司法的只有你 法官
The only one in contempt here is you, Judge!
司法渎职 教唆 你跟他说说
Judicial misconduct, solicitation-- tell him.
我是文森·佩莱格诺
I'm Vincent Pellegrino
是法庭管理办公室的
from the Office of Court Administration.
请下台阶 法官大人
Please step down, Your Honor.
别叫他法官大人了
And don't call him "Your Honor""
这词是给那些真有荣誉感的人
That word's reserved for people who actually have some.
你好啊 强尼小子
Hey, Johnny boy.
这是怎么回事
What is going on?
那些视频当中范顿法官出演了一段戏
Well, Judge Fenton has a starring role in one of those videos.
他没穿裤子被抓了现行
He got caught with his pants down--
而且还是真的没穿裤子
both literally and figuratively.
不是么 法官
Ain't that right, Judge?
所以他才一直在为维嘉开脱
That's why he's been ruling on the side of Johnny Vega.
本次听证中止
This hearing is adjourned,
留待司法复核
pending a judicial review.
小角色这样的下场也不错吧
Hey. Not bad for a little fish, huh?
看谁来了
Hey, look who's here!
爸 -爸
Hey, Dad! - Hey, Dad.
我听说了你们在里面的事迹
I heard what went on in there.
是啊 丹尼式经典
Oh, yeah, classic Danny.
都等不及到听证结束
Couldn't wait until the hearing was over.
他就急着骑大白马破门而入了
He had to burst into the courtroom on his big, white horse.
是啊 辉煌瞬间
Yeah. Good times.
我听说局长大人出马弄到了认罪书
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表