So the chief of I.A.
就给我打电♥话♥通知此事
calls me up to tell me about it.
说我或许愿意找那个警♥察♥谈一谈
Says I might like to talk to the cop,
提醒他一下
and give him a heads-up.
我告诉他我不仅不会通知那个警♥察♥
I told him not only was I not going to talk to the cop in question,
我还想请内务部
but I wanted the I.A.
派出最好的调查员负责此案
to put their best investigator on the case.
然后他们故意设下一些圈套来查你
So then they set up a couple of decoy busts on you, and...
而最后证明你是清白的 弗朗西斯
you came up smelling like roses, Francis.
你从没跟我说过
You never told me.
我必须回避 坐视你接受调查
I had to sit back and watch you be investigated.
真叫我如坐针毡啊
It pained me.
作为父亲 我无时无刻
Every instinct a father has
不想站出来保护自己的孩子
is to step in and protect his kid.
这是火腿吗
Is that ham?
如果是我就不客气了
'Cause I could eat.
你怎么没去当警♥察♥
How come you didn't become a cop?
你的叔叔们一直梦寐以求要当警♥察♥
Well, your uncles always wanted to be policemen.
他们总在房♥前屋后玩侦探游戏
They were always playing detective around the house.
至于我 我从没有感受到召唤
And I... I never felt the call.
但你还是做了名律师 -是啊
But you did to be a lawyer. - Yeah.
也算是换一种方式为法律服务吧
Yeah, to serve the law in a different way.
但这也意味着我并不总为警♥察♥说话
Which means that sometimes, I'm not on the side of the cops.
警♥察♥也不是完人
Cops aren't perfect.
你是指像上次
You mean, like the time
丹尼叔叔把一个人的脑袋按进马桶里吗
Uncle Danny stuck a man's head in a toilet?
没错
Yeah.
你丹尼叔叔是个很优秀的警♥察♥
Your Uncle Danny is a really good cop,
但有时 他也会冲动失控
but sometimes, he gets carried away.
不过在他像你这么大的时候
Which, at your age,
时不时冲动一下可是相当管用
came in very handy, at times.
这是什么意思 -意思就是
What do you mean? - Meaning,
你丹尼叔叔总是能罩着我
your Uncle Danny would always protect me.
每次我遇到麻烦
If I was ever in trouble,
他就会突然从天而降
he would suddenly come out of the woodwork.
就像我的私人保镖一样
He was like my personal bodyguard.
什么样的麻烦呀
Like what kind of trouble?
不告诉你 别想从我这套八卦
No. You're not going to get that out of me.
等一下
Hold on.
喂 我们正在说起你呢
Hi. We were just talking about you.
是吗 但愿你们在说我早该听
Yeah? Well, I hope you're saying I should have listened
丹尼哥哥的话 把周尼森关起来
to my brother Danny, and kept Nelson Chiu locked up.
为什么
Why?
因为他死了
Because he's dead.
什么
What?
没错 替我谢谢你的上司
Yeah. Thank your boss for me.
我刚在下东区发现了他的尸体
I just found him on the Lower East Side,
脑门像被枪决似的被打了个窟窿
with a bullet hole in his head, shot execution style.
是他所属三合会的手法
It's a signature of his Triad.
他的帮派要杀他灭口吗
His gang got to him?
也就是说你既没有目击者
So you have no victim to press charges,
而你的两个嫌疑犯又都死了
and both your suspects are dead.
但我不能就这么放手不管啊
Well, I can't drop it now.
如果他们不惜杀了自己人灭口
Jamie might have stumbled upon something big,
恐怕小杰这次撞见的是件大案
if they're killing one of their own.
要真是这样 小杰的压力就小很多
It'll be a lot easier on Jamie
前提是你得侦破此案 丹尼
if you can figure this out, Danny.
还没找到那个女孩 -是吗
The girl's still out there. - Really?
那多谢你提醒了 再见
Well, thanks for telling me. Good-bye.
你有什么发现吗 -没有
You find anything? - Nope.
没有手♥机♥ 也没有钱包
No cell phone. No wallet.
慢来
Hold on!
这个怎么样
How about this?
勿街福康社
Mott Street Munificent Society.
听说过吗
You ever heard of that?
有 算是个社区服务中心
Yeah. It's kind of like a community service center.
他们提供英语培训 免费的法律援助
They teach English classes, offer free legal advice.
甚至还有个诊所
They even have a medical clinic.
那他们跟周的帮派有没有什么联♥系♥
Are they tied into Nelson Chiu's Triad, by any chance?
据我所知没有 -好了
Not that I know of. - Okay.
刚跟验尸官通完电♥话♥
I just got off the phone with the M.E.
她正在给李格兰做尸检
She's doing the autopsy now on Grant Lee,
周在实施绑♥架♥时的同伙 -对
Chiu's partner in the attempted kidnapping. -Yeah.
他身上有不属于他本人的血迹
Had some fresh blood on him that wasn't his.
据说是个女人的 很可能是明泰
Says it's that of a woman's. Probably Ming-Tai.
听好 她怀孕了
Get this-- she was pregnant.
我们跟蔚琪谈话那会
When we spoke to Wai-Chee,
她可没说明泰怀孕了
she didn't say Ming-Tai was pregnant.
没 -他们有没说已经多久了
No. - They say how far along she was?
有 第三阶段[妊娠最后的一个阶段]
Yeah. Third trimester.
那 如果是明泰 并且她确实怀孕
Well, if it is Ming-Tai, and if she is pregnant,
那她基本已经不能做伴♥游♥小姐了
she's probably not working as an escort anymore.
那帮会为什么还不放过她
So what does the Triad still want with her?
我之前可从未听说过有个叫福康社的东东
You know, I never knew what a Munificent Society was till now.
袁丹森 中心业主
Dennis Eng, proprietor.
周尼森 没听说过
Nelson Chiu. Doesn't sound familiar.
但我们这里帮过很多人
But we help a lot of people here.
或许他就在其中
Maybe he was one of them.
那你能不能查查记录
Well, can you check your records?
姓周 周杰伦的周 -好
It's Chiu, C-H-I-U. - Of course.
周看起来不像是
Chiu didn't seem like the kind of guy
那种需要你帮助的人 袁先生
who would need your help, Mr. Eng.
他会不会在这工作 -不
Any chance he worked here? - No.
否则我肯定认识
That I would know.
周这个姓满大街
Chiu is a very popular name.
没准你还听过周仰杰[奢侈品牌女鞋专家]
You may have heard of Jimmy Choo.
但资料库里没有任何人名字叫周尼森
But there is no one in our database named Nelson C-H-I-U.
那你有没有和帮会合作过 三合会
Do you do any work with gangs? Triads?
我们赞助午夜篮球赛来帮助青少年
We sponsor a midnight basketball program to deter teenagers
远离帮派
from joining gangs.
那明泰这个人
What about, uh, Ming-Tai?
听没听过
That sound familiar?
我能查查
I can search.
你知不知道她姓什么
Do you know her last name?
尴尬了 不知道
Unfortunately, no.
这就是你们的诊所吗
This your, uh, clinic over here?
对
Yes.
我就进去看一眼
Let me just take a little peek.
现在不方便
This is not a good time.
为什么
Why?
打扰一下
Excuse me.
我在找一名孕妇 名字叫明泰
I'm looking for a pregnant woman, uh, Ming-Tai.
或许你能帮我
Maybe you can help me?
我们提供免费医疗
We provide free medical services
给那些无力支付医疗费用的人
to people who can't afford them.
我们四处看看好吗
Can we look around?
现在不行 -为什么
Not at this time. - Why not?
很多我的客户都是非法移♥民♥
Many of our clients are illegal immigrants.
你这样会吓到他们
You're frightening them.
请走吧
Please leave.
请了 -好
Please! - Okay!
谢谢
Thanks.
这是一个收养机构的广♥告♥
It's an advertisement for an adoption agency.
上面写的什么
What does it say?
上面说 如果你无亲无故又身怀六甲
It says, "If you're single and pregnant,
或是结了婚却养不起孩子
"Or married and can't afford it,
你可以选择转送孩子去收养 还能有谢礼
you can put it up for adoption... and be rewarded."
谢礼 谢礼是指现金
Rewarded? Rewarded, like in money?
这词用的模棱两可
It's cagey the way it's phrased,
不过在我看来就是这么回事
but that's what it sounds like to me.
好吧
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表