没有,我不这么认为
No. Don't think so.
-没有 -嗯
-No. -Huh.
我想知道她为什么…
I wonder why she...
她为什么要送你去医院?
She took you to the hospital, then.
可能是我需要去吧
Guess I needed to go.
是一位好心的女士
A real nice lady.
-她还请我吃晚餐 -好
-She bought me dinner. -OK.
你知道吗?
Um, you know what?
我们先离开一下,马上回来
We're gonna step out for a second and be right back.
-没问题 -好
-Sure. -Yeah, all right.
-好好待着 -没问题
-Sit tight. -Sure.
好,我联♥系♥了霍利社区医院
All right, so I got in touch with Hawley Community Hospital.
那里在威斯康辛州 离城市北部大约两小时的车程
It's about two hours north of the city, in Wisconsin, right?
巴迪一个月前在那里
Buddy was there a month ago.
进行左心耳封堵手术,住院了两晚
Two-night stay for a left atrial appendage occlusion procedure.
左心耳封堵手术 不是为了预防心房♥颤动的患者中风吗?
Aren't LA occlusions done to prevent stroke in patients with a-fib?
巴迪进到医院之后 连一次心房♥颤动都没发作过
Buddy hasn't flipped into a-fib once since he got here.
这是对住在另一州的
It's an elective procedure
无家可归患者的选择性手术
on an unhoused patient in a different state.
他们打算怎么让他继续回诊?
How'd they expect him to get back for his follow-up stuff?
或是如何保持手术部位干净?
Or keep his surgical site clean?
难怪他最后会感染
It's no wonder he ended up with an infection.
充其量,我认为我们面临的是 医疗的严重过失
At best, I think we're looking at extreme negligence.
我觉得更严重
I think it's worse.
巴迪刚才说有个女士开车送他去医院
Buddy mentioned a lady picking him up and driving him to the hospital.
-啊… -医疗诈骗
-Ah... -A recruiter.
她每找到一个病人都能得到回扣
Probably gets a kickback for every patient she finds.
我的天啊
Oh, my gosh.
我觉得这是医疗补助欺诈
I think we're looking at Medicaid fraud.
事情不是你以为的那样,莎伦
It's not what it looks like, Sharon.
有谁跟你说看起来像怎样吗?
Who said it looked like anything?
没有人指责你
No one's judging you.
我只是想告诉你 我让格兰去做血管摄影术了
Hey, I just wanted to let you know I sent Grant to angio
看看他腿上是否有血管损伤
to see if there's any vessel damage to his leg.
谢谢你通知我,韦
Thanks for the update, Will.
当然
Of course.
你的病人还好吗,葛云女士?
How's your patient, Ms. Goodwin?
固执,但还不算太糟
Stubborn with a chance of just fine.
玛姬,要我帮你打给班吗?
Maggie, you want me to call Ben for you?
不用了…没关系
No, no, no. That's OK.
班去佛罗里达州参加教师会议了
Ben's away at a teacher's conference in Florida.
等他周五回家,我再跟他说
I'll let him know when he comes home on Friday.
好
Sure.
汉娜
Hannah.
嘿,你有空吗?
Hey, do you have a minute?
当然有,怎么了吗?
Yeah, of course. What's up?
她的名字叫雀儿喜
Her name is Chelsea.
她今早到警局报案,说她可能被强♥暴♥了
She walked into the district this morning to report a possible rape.
可能被强♥暴♥了?
A possible rape?
她昨晚在仓库派对上昏过去了
Blacked out at a warehouse party last night.
她觉得有人在她的饮料里下药
She thinks someone slipped something in her drink.
是在皮尔森吗?
Was it in Pilsen?
对,你怎么知道?
Yeah. How did you know that?
所以我把我的肝叶捐给这个年轻女生
So I donate a lobe of my liver to this young woman,
然后她的母亲将把她的肾
and the girl's mother would give her kidney
-捐给罗拔塔?-没错
-to Roberta? -Exactly.
我们调查过了,你是合适的捐赠者
We've done the legwork, and you're a compatible donor.
孩子的母亲也跟你匹配,罗拔塔
And the mother is a match for you, Roberta.
那好,没问题,我愿意
Well then, yeah. Absolutely. I'm in.
-他们多快能动手术?-法兰,等一下
-How soon can they operate? -Frank, hold on a second.
我们还得再问几个问题
I think we have to ask a few more questions.
当法兰被评估为我的肾脏捐赠者时
We learned all about kidney donation
我们了解了肾脏捐赠的一切
when Frank was evaluated to be a donor for me.
但捐肝是一样的状况吗?
Donating the liver, is this a similar undertaking?
老实说
Well, to be completely honest,
捐肝的风险更大
it's a bigger undertaking.
捐肝是开放手术,腹部会有个大切口
It's an open surgery with a large abdominal incision.
由于切口的原因
And because of the incision,
it is a harder recovery than kidney donation.
捐肝比捐肾更难恢复
恢复期通常是两倍
Usually about twice as long.
哦,那不行
Oh, then no.
-宝贝 -不行
-Babe. -No.
我们得替孩子着想
We have to think about the kids.
我是啊
I am.
孩子们需要妈妈
They need their mom.
我们都需要你
We all need you.
嘿,你记得吗?
Hey, remember,
我从五次跳降落伞 和三次蹦极跳中活了下来
I survived five skydives and three bungee jumps.
你以为一个小手术就能把我♥干♥掉吗?
You think I'm gonna let a little surgery take me out?
手术室可能算是最安全的地方了
Surgery is probably the safest place for me.
而且这还能帮助别人?
And the fact that this is gonna help someone else out too?
那就更好了
Even better.
让我动手术吧
Let me do this.
你答应了吗?
Is this a yes?
好
OK.
太好了
Great.
太好了
Great.
我知道葛丽亚的检查结果
I understand that the evidence from Gloria's exam
会加强对凶手的指控
would strengthen any future case against the assailant,
但我真的不认为重提这个话题
but I really don't think revisiting the topic
会改变她的想法
is going to change her mind.
我觉得我们应该试试
Well, I think we should try.
所以你想让她拿她的未来
So you want her to risk her future,
甚至她家人的未来冒险 就为了一个她不认识的人吗?
or her family's future, for someone she doesn't even know?
不是,我没有这么说
No, I'm not saying that.
因为这就是她的困境,汉娜
Because that's her dilemma, Hannah.
你可以非常用力地向她保证
And you can promise her till you're blue in the face
说政♥府♥会保护她
that the system will protect her
会替她争取权利 就像他们替你争取权利一样
and fight for her rights just like they fight for yours,
但我敢说她肯定见过够多相反的案例
but I bet she's seen enough evidence to the contrary
所以更清楚状况
to know better.
我建议葛丽亚这么做
I'm not suggesting that Gloria do this
不是为了别人
for someone else.
我想的是葛丽亚跟她下半辈子
I'm thinking of Gloria and how it's gonna feel
背负着这种创伤会是什么感觉
to carry this trauma for the rest of her life.
我的大学室友安妮 在兄弟会派对上被强♥奸♥了
My college roommate, Annie, was raped at a frat party.
她不知道是谁干的,没有跟任何人说
She didn't know who did it. Didn't report it to anyone.
她说的话和葛丽亚说的一模一样
And she said exactly what Gloria said.
她只想忘掉这件事
She just wanted to forget it ever happened.
所以,她把所有的精力 都用在假装一切都不重要
And so, she put all her energy into pretending like it didn't matter,
好像追究某人的责任并不重要
like holding someone accountable didn't matter.
不知从什么时候开始,我想她开始相信
And somewhere along the way, I think she began to believe
这件事无关紧要
it didn't matter.
认为自己也无关紧要
That she didn't matter.
在她自我了断之前,她尽可能
And she carried that feeling as long as she could
长时间地保持着这种感觉
before taking her own life.
汉娜
Oh, Hannah.
我很遗憾
I'm so sorry.
所以不是,我不是…
So no, I'm not...
我并不是对我们可能
I'm not insensitive to the enormity
要求葛丽亚做的事情的严重性无动于衷
of what we are potentially asking Gloria to do.
我只是看到了事情的另一面
It's just I have seen the other side of it.
掩盖创伤的后果
The consequence of sweeping a trauma under the rug.
马丁格雷纳医生
Dr. Martin Grainer,
替巴迪动手术的介入性心脏病专家
the interventional cardiologist who did Buddy's procedure.
我注意到他经常搬家
I noticed that he was moving around a lot,
所以我打电♥话♥给几间医院
so I started calling some of these hospitals.
-然后呢?-几乎每间医院
-Yeah? -Lost privileges
都取消了他的特别待遇
in pretty much every single one of them.
我是说,这家伙怎么还有办法行医?
I mean, how the hell is this guy still practicing?
剧集 | 芝加哥急救 | 导航列表