剧集 | 东邻西舍 | 导航列表
我在当地所有的学前班
I've been to all the local preschools
都宣传了进步教育
talking about progressive education
以及不以成绩来判断孩子的好处
and how much better it is for kids not to get grades.
这就是你的问题
Mm, see, there's your problem.
黑人家庭的孩子需要成绩
Black families need their kids to get grades.
但如果你给成绩 孩子会觉得你在评判他
But if you give grades, the kids will feel judged.
嗯 但是如果你不给成绩
Yeah, but if you don't give them grades,
你怎么知道他们蠢不蠢
how do you know if they're stupid?
杰玛 有色人群对这种学校不感兴趣
Gemma, people of color are not attracted to schools like this
因为我们明白我们孩子的竞争环境不公平
because we know our kids are on an uneven playing field.
我们承受不起
I mean, we don't have the luxury
把孩子送到不强调传统教育的学校
of sending them somewhere that doesn't emphasize
所产生的代价
traditional academics.
那我该怎么办
Well, what am I gonna do?
我向董事会承诺了我会增强多元性
I promised the trustees I would increase diversity.
他们想让学校看起来像
They want this school to look like
安吉丽娜·朱莉自己有三个孩子
也收养了不同肤色的三个孩子
安吉丽娜·朱莉的旅行车里一样
the inside of Angelina Jolie's minivan.
但是现在看起来就像
Well, right now it looks more like
《脱线家族》的旅行车
the Brady Bunch's station wagon.
-杰玛 -林赛
- Gemma! - Lyndsey!
我是林赛·沃辛顿
Hi, I'm Lyndsey Worthington,
沃尔科特中学董事会负责人
head of the board of trustees here at the Walcott Academy.
缇娜·巴特勒 幸会
Tina Butler. Nice to meet you.
杰玛 你怎么没告诉我们
Gemma, why didn't you tell us
你会带有意向的家长过来
you were bringing a prospective parent tonight?
其实 缇娜
Oh, actually, Tina...
也让杰玛觉得很意外
Surprised Gemma.
我以为我来不了
You know, I didn't think I could make it
因为我每周有个闺蜜之夜
because I have my weekly girls' night out,
但是碧昂斯取消了
but Beyoncé canceled.
你是碧昂斯的朋友吗
You're friends with Beyoncé?
你知道这动作吧
You know this?
其实是我的原创
That was all me.
要是你有任何问题的话
So, please, if you have any questions,
随时都可以联♥系♥ 我们都等不及想见
don't hesitate to reach out. We can't wait to meet...
抱歉 你的孩子叫什么名字来着
I'm sorry, what was your son's name again?
查德威克
Chadwick.
查德威克·巴特勒三世
Chadwick Butler III.
告诉查德威克我们很激动
Well, tell Chadwick we're so excited.
也许戏剧部终于可以演《汉密尔顿》了
Maybe now the drama department can finally do Hamilton.
百老汇音乐剧
主角均由非裔或拉丁裔扮演
你在干什么
What are you doing?
怎么了 你不是说你想让学校更多元化吗
What?! You said you wanted diversity.
我和查德威克来给你撑场
Me and Chadwick got your back.
我很感谢 但是他们迟早会发现
I appreciate that, but they're gonna find out
-你不是真的潜在客户 -妹子 拜托
- that you're not really a prospective parent. - Oh, girl, please.
小查德威克可以在入学前
Little Chadwick can get trapped in a well
被困井中 没人会发现的
before the school year starts. Nobody'll ever find out.
不好意思 你是缇娜吗
Excuse me, but are you Tina?
久仰你和小查德威克
We've heard so much about you and little Chadwick.
缇娜 她们是另两位董事会成员
Tina, these are two other members of our board of trustees.
-派波 -是字母"Y"
- Pyper. - Spelled with a "Y."
为什么[与Y同音]不呢
Well, why wouldn't you?
这位是格瑞尔
And this is Greer.
我们听说你考虑让孩子上我们学校
We heard that you're considering the school, and...
如果你想听听妈妈的建议
And if you're looking for a mother's perspective,
有时间我们请你吃个中饭
we'd love to take you to lunch some time.
你打网球吗
Do you play tennis?
开玩笑吗
Are you kidding?
赛琳娜是我的干女儿
Serena is my goddaughter.
什么
What the...?
医学博士艾伦·班克罗夫特医生是谁
Who is Dr. Allen Bancroft, M.D.?
-不认识 怎么了 -他出价500
- I don't know. Why? - He bid $500.
他还写自己是"医生"兼"医学博士"
And he wrote the "D-R" and the "M.D."
知道了 艾伦 你是个医生兼博士
We get it, Allen, you're a doctor.
怎么 你要出价超过他吗
Well, you gonna outbid him?
当然了
Of course I am.
我不会让一个体面的医生觉得他能出价超过我
I'm not gonna let some fancy doctor think he can outbid me.
五百块零一分
$500.01.
我去吧台了
Look, I'm gonna hit the bar.
你留在这确保没人出价超过我
Stay here and make sure no one outbids me on this package.
放心
You got it.
宝贝 宝贝 我没时间解释
Ooh, listen, baby, baby, I don't have time to explain.
但我们是为了杰玛
We're doing this for Gemma.
我们很有钱 我们是潜在入学家长
We're rich, we're prospective parents,
还有我和碧昂斯是姐们
and I hang out with Beyoncé.
这位一定就是查德威克二世了
So, this must be Chadwick II.
别这么见外 朋友都叫我威克
Please. All my friends call me Wick.
至少奥巴马和米歇尔都这么叫
Well, at least Barack and Michelle do.
准备好屠龙了吗 大人
So, ready to slay some dragons, milord?
好了
Okay.
龙在哪
Where's the dragon?
马蒂就是龙
Marty's gonna be the dragon.
什么 为什么总要我当龙
What?! Why do I always got to be the dragon, man?!
这就像"警♥察♥和小偷"嘛
It's like cops and robbers all over again.
既然我是葛罗弗爵士
So, since I'm Sir Grover,
是不是意味着我说了算
does that mean I'm in charge?
是的 这是你的城♥堡♥ 大人
Indeed. This is your castle, milord.
酷
Cool.
我想要大很多的城♥堡♥
I'm gonna need it to be a lot bigger.
真的吗 因为我觉得这个挺好看的
Really? 'Cause I think it looks good...
葛罗弗爵士发话了
Sir Grover has spoken!
你们居然参加了王室婚礼
I cannot believe you went to the royal wedding.
本来一切都很美妙 直到女王下舞池后
You know, it was great until the queen got a little handsy
开始毛手毛脚
on the dance floor.
伊丽莎白女王揩你油了
Queen Elizabeth groped you?!
不 他说的是艾尔顿·约翰
No, he's talking about Elton John.
打断一下 缇娜 能借一步说话吗
Excuse me? Tina, could I talk to you for a minute?
当然 威克 你介意留下
Oh, sure. Wick, would you mind staying here
招待下我们的新朋友吗
to entertain our new friends?
没问题 亲爱的
But of course, darling.
女士们 请问大家
Now, ladies, please,
诊治白虎
do any of you have a recommendation
你们有推荐的兽医吗
for a veterinarian who can work on white tigers?
-怎么了 -我很担心
- What's up? - I'm freaking out.
为什么
Why?
因为我无法上台
Because I can't go up on that stage and tell
告诉整间学校的人 我能让学校变得更多元化
this entire school that I'm gonna make it more diverse
我觉得这是诈骗
if I can't actually do it. I feel like a fraud.
别担心
Oh, don't worry about it.
他们已经觉得你争取到我和查德威克了
They already think that you got me and Chadwick.
你看上去干得非常出色
You look like you're killing it.
但这是谎言
But it's a lie.
对 这谎言让我被邀请出席三个早午餐
Yeah, a lie that's gotten me invited
两场周五酒吧聚会和一场温泉浴
to three brunches, two happy hours, and a spa day.
声明一下 我现在是名字带Y的缇娜了
And for the record, I am now Tina with a "Y."
杰玛
Gemma,
十分钟后开始上晚餐了
we're gonna start serving dinner in about ten minutes,
你现在该上台演讲了
so maybe now is a good time to give your speech.
我 我不知道
I... well, I don't know.
大家正在兴头上
I mean, everyone's having so much fun.
或许我发电邮给他们就好了
Maybe I should just send them an e-mail.
不行 我们都很期待听到你的想法
No. We're all dying to hear your ideas.
你的客户拓展都已经这么成功了
I mean, you've already been so successful in your outreach.
上去告诉我们你的秘诀吧
Get up there and tell us your secret.
那就不是秘诀啦
But then it wouldn't be a secret.
-杰玛 -知道了 这就去
- Gemma. - All right, I'm going.
女士们先生们 晚上好
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.
我是新任校长杰玛·强森
I'm Gemma Johnson, the new principal,
剧集 | 东邻西舍 | 导航列表