it's a kramer facility.
这儿是Kramer的基地
i just work here.
我只是在这儿打工的
great.
真是好极了
looks like it's up to you and me.
看来只能依靠你和我了
we'd better get back to the control room,figure this out ourselves.
我们得赶回控制室 靠我俩想出对策
wait.wait,wait.
等等 等等
isn't there,like,a room full of geniuses out there?
但外面满大厅的不都是天才吗?
that's debatable.
那可有待争论
if that freeze lightning thing happens again,people could die.
如果那个冰冻闪电再次来袭
they'll slow me down.
他们会扯我后腿
what happened to that "humble" thingwe were going to try today?
我们今天不是要学着"谦逊"些吗?
the resultis what i am calling "freeze lightning.
结果就产生了我所说的"冰冻闪电"
"unbelievable.Nit is the sudden and immediate transfer of heatfrom a localized area,
难以置信
and it is potentially very lethal.
而且它有可能非常致命
we need to figure out how to collapse the matter bridge,
我们得想办法摧毁物质桥
stop it from drawing energy from the heat-sink,
阻止它从散热装备吸纳能量
otherwise it's going to get "unlivably" cold in here.
否则这里会冷得"无法生存"
why don't we just turn this containment field offand get out of here?
为什么我们不能关掉这个封闭力场
well,for one thing,it's tied into the basic functionof the matter bridge,
其一 它跟物质桥的基本功能相联♥系♥
so we can't just shut it off.
所以我们无法关掉它
even if we could,it houses so much cool air now
即便我们可以 这里现在聚集了
that it would create a sudden,massive cold frontas soon as it drops.
当它断开时 会产生一股突然而强大的冷锋
we're talking high-speed winds,tornadoes...
我们会遇到高速风 龙♥卷♥风♥
an instant mega-storm.
还有即时特大风暴
not to mention the factthat the heat-sink would start to draw heatnot just from this facility,
更不用说 届时吸热器不仅
but from the entire planet.
更从全球吸走热量
we cannot allow that to happen.
我们不能让这样的事情发生
why don't we just destroy it,just bash it apart?
为什么不单纯地毁掉它
because that could create a tear in our space time.
因为那样会在我们的空间时间
never mind,then.
那算了
yeah.
是啊
look,you guys are the best of the best.
听着 你们是精英中的精英
i'm sure if you work together,you'll come up with something.
我敢肯定 如果你们相互合作
that will never work.
这不会行得通的
look.
听着
just give me two seconds...
就给我两秒钟...
no!
不!
you're going about this all wrong.
你完全弄错了
watch who you're correcting,"science guy.
看清楚你究竟在改正谁 "科学男"
"my ph.d.is not honorary.
我的博士学位可不是挂了"荣誉"名的
hey,look,i'm an engineer.
听着 我是个工程师
i can do math!
我知道怎么搞定数学!
just listen to my idea--
就听听我的想法--
i have been listening,and that iswhat led me to believethat you are a moron!
我一直在听 所以我终于知道你是个白♥痴♥!
if it's any consolation,you're both wrong.
说点安慰的话儿 你们都错了
what,and you're right?
什么? 难道你就对了?
we're supposed to listen to you?
我们该听你的?
you're the jerk that got us into this mess.
正是你这个混♥蛋♥将我们弄到如此田地
i have a workable theory.
我有个可行的理论
yeah,a "theory".
哦是啊 "理论"
take into account that i have experience with this,
考虑一下我在这个领域的经验
that i've been doing work that is years aheadof anything you guys have even been dreaming about?
我多年的工作
i think that's kind of what i'm getting at!
那正是我要说的!
hey!
嘿!
this is embarrassing.
这真是尴尬至极
look at you--the greatest minds this world has to offer,and if i didn't know any better,
看看你们... 世上最聪明的人
i'd think there was a bunch of sixth graders in here.
我还以为你们是一群小学六年级学生
you guys need to suck it up and get along.
你们得容忍♥一下 相处友好些
it's like i've always said,people are more alike than they are different--
就像我常说的 人们都没什么不同...
not now,nye.
Nye 现在不要说这个
okay.
好吧
our lives are at stake here.
我们现在命悬一线
we need a solution,and we need this fast.
我们要找到解决方法 而且要尽快
please...
拜托了...
come on,the rest of us are counting on you.
我们其他人都指望你们了
yes,rodney.
请说 Rodney
i think i'm onto something.
我似乎想到什么了
it just needs some ironing out.
只是需要在完善一下
okay.great.
好的 很好
guys...
各位...
yeah,well,let's have a look at it and just...
好了 让我们来看一下(你的想法) 然后...
fresh eyes.
有创见
we'll start with bill's theory...
我们从Bill的理论说起...
they'll figure something out.
他们会想出办法的
i'm sure they will.
我相信他们能行
let's just hope it's before someone dies.
不过希望是在有人丧命之前
you know,my uncle george,he always hated the phrase"save the planet".
我叔叔George 他总是讨厌
what?
什么?
well,he just thought it was a little backwards,you know,
他只是觉得有点儿颠倒是非了
'cause the planet's going to be hereno matter what happens.
因为不管如何 地球总会存在着
it might be a giant unlivable rock,but it's going to survive.
它也许会变成一块
so you're turning thisinto a discussion on semantics?
你现在是要将这事情变成语义讨论会?
what i mean is,mr.kramer,
Kramer先生 我想说的是
the work you're doing isn't about saving the planet.
你现在在做的不是拯救地球
it's about saving lives.
而是拯救生命
and that's a noble pursuit,trying to save billions of people...
努力拯救几十亿人的生命
but it's no less noble to save a hundred.
但拯救几百条人命绝不亚于此
these guys,no matter how smart they are,they could use some help.
这些人 无论他们有多聪明
one phone call could get that help here.
而一通电♥话♥就能让他们得到帮助
now,please...
现在 拜托了...
please let me make that call.
请让我打这通电♥话♥吧
oh,don't tell me.
哦 别告诉我
oh,god.
哦 天啊
oh,i'm so sorry.
真是对不起
can you fix it?
你能修好它吗?
no.we're completely cut off.
不 我们完全与外界隔绝了
well,that's terrible news.
这个消息真够糟的
it's my fault.i should have--
这是我的错 我本该...
yeah,you should have.
是啊 你本来就该
you need to see this.
你得过来看看
oh,the cold temperaturesare affecting the containment field emitters.
低温对隔离能量场发生器造成影响了
when they're weak,they're on the verge of failing.
当它们减弱 它们就会失效
that's great.
好极了
we can get most of the peopleout of here,no?
我们就能让大部分人
make a call to the military?
还能给军队打电♥话♥
we're surrounded by desert air.
我们四周都是沙漠高温空气
the temperatures inside the containment fieldhas gotten very,very cold.
封闭力场内的温度已经非常 非常低了
introducing a suddenand immediate blast of icy airwill create one hell of a vortex storm.
突然间导入大量冰冷的空气
no way a cell transmission could make it through,let alone actually get people out of here safely.
就连手♥机♥信♥号♥♥都无法传送
we can ride out the storm.
我们经受得起风暴
no,if we can't shut down the device,the heat-sink's going to keep feeding cold airinto that weather system.
不 如果我们无法关闭整个装置
it'll never stop.
它永远不会停止
that's not good.
那可不好
no,i'd rather that didn't happen.
不 我宁愿它没有发生
no,no,no,no.this might be a good thing.
不 不 不 这可能是好事
what is it?
什么事?
well,the containment fieldis dying a slow but consistent death.
所有封闭力场正缓慢地失效
it might be weak enoughto actually punch a cell phone signal through now.
可能现在弱得能让手♥机♥信♥号♥♥传送出去
oh,you know,you might be right.
哦 你也许说对了
okay,this is probably our best bet.
好了 这或许是我们的最佳机会
these two emitters are the weakest.
这两个发射器是最弱的
it's a bit of a run from here,so i'd better get going right now.
那里离这儿有点远 我得赶紧跑过去了
wait,wait,wait,wait,wait.
等等 等等
give me your cell.
把你的手♥机♥给我
we need you here to help dismantle the bridge.
我们需要你帮忙拆除物质桥
i'll make the call.
我来打电♥话♥
i--
我...
come on.Nall right,all right.
快点吧
fine.
好的
thanks.
谢谢
剧集 | 星际之门:亚特兰蒂斯(2004) | 导航列表