Here's the kickoff
开球了
The winner of today's game will move on to the state championship 1 week from today
今天的赢家将参加一周后的州冠军决赛
Play your game, buddy.
这场球属于你,兄弟
A victory today will send the crows to the state championship.
今天如果赢了,乌鸦队就可以去州里决赛了
So, are you the guy?
那么,你就是那个人了?
I guess that depends on what you're looking for.
那要看你找的是什么
Mikhail Mxyzl...
米可黑尔·米克斯...
Mxyzptlk.
米克斯伊尔贝特雷克
Let me guess, you want to buy a vowel.
我想想,你是想买♥♥发音器?
No, I just wanted to put 80 on the game.
不,我只想给这比赛下注80元
You mean the game that started already. Sorry I can't take a bet after the kickoff.
今天这比赛已经开始了 不再接受下注了
Rookie, huh?
菜鸟,哈?
Well, maybe in your case, I'll make an exception.
也许我可以给你例外一下
Thanks. Can you put me down for Smallville to win?
多谢,我可以赌斯摩维尔赢吧
You sure about that? I have a funny feeling about the quarterback today.
你确定吗?我对他们今天的四分卫 有种有趣的预感呢
Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I never bet against Clark Kent.
虽然我不愿意承认 但我从来不赌克拉克·肯特输
Suit yourself. Don't say I didn't warn you.
自便吧,反正我警告你了
Rule #1- A bet is a bet.
规则第一条,赌就是赌
Alright guys here we go. Ready?
好了,还剩最后十秒,准备好了?
Blue 32, Blue 32... HUT!
蓝色32,蓝色32…开球!
Trip.
绊倒
Touchdown! Crows win the game! Unbelievable!
触地得分!乌鸦队赢了!难以置信!
Is he okay?
他没事了吗?
His collarbone's broken in 2 places.
他的锁骨撞坏了两处
I can't figure out how you could pommel a guy that outweighs you by 100 pounds,
我想不通你是怎么重伤一个 比你还重100磅的男生的
and shatter his collarbone.
连锁骨也能撞碎
I'm sorry.
对不起
Must have been an accident, I mean, I got a surge of adrenaline.
肯定是以为,我是说 应该是肾上腺素分泌过多
Adrenaline doesn't explain the fact that you went from chucking bails of hay
肾上腺素也解释不了你是怎么一夜之间
to chucking 60-yard passes overnight.
从农场小子变成高超的运动健将的
I guess I'm a fast learner, you said yourself I was a natural.
我想是我学得比较快吧 你也说了我是天生的料
A natural who adamantly refuses to get a doctor after he collapsed 2 weeks ago.
一块天生的料还能做到两周前 重摔在地上还坚决不用看医生吗
What are you trying to say?
你想说什么?
Coach Quigley thinks you're on some kind of performance-enhancing drug.
奎格利教练觉得你可能用了药
Like steroids?
激素那种?
What do you think?
那你怎么想?
I put myself on the line and said there's no way Clark Kent would do that.
我坚定了立场说卡拉克不会那样做
I'm not on drugs.
我没用什么药
I hope not. Because if it comes out you're not on the same playing field as these guys,
希望你没,要不然一旦查出来
it's gonna be pretty disappointing to forfeit an entire championship season.
我们就会失去整个冠军赛的决赛权了
And a college career.
我还会丢了工作
I can't imagine what it must have been like to grow up in a war-torn country.
我不敢想象 在一个战祸连连的国家长大会是什么样
Obviously. This is as far you can get from scavenging the street, but,
显然,过得就跟扫大街的差不多
Growing up 'hand-to-mouth' does tend to make you resourceful.
这种有上顿没下顿的生活 也能令人成长为机智的人
Resourceful enough to get the attention of my father's LuthorCorp foreign scholarship.
机智到有机会拿我爸的 卢瑟公♥司♥国外交流奖学金
So how do you like Smallville high
在斯摩维尔过得怎么样
I think it is the perfect place for me to make my American dream.
这地方是我实现美国梦的完美之地
There are many opportunities, and the girls are... pretty.
有很多机会,有很多…美女
I hope the classes aren't too difficult for you.
我希望课程对你来说都不难
I reviewed your application; I must say I was surprised by your poor test scores and grades.
我重看了你的申请 不得不说你的成绩差得令我惊讶
Look Mikhail, I'm just curious why my father would award a scholarship,
听着米可黑尔 我只是好奇我父亲为什么会把
historically earmarked for future Nobel- prize-winners to a perennial 'C' student.
给未来诺贝尔得主准备的奖学金 提供给一个常年得C的学生
You want to send me back.
你要送我回去
No.
不
I'd just like to know what you're really doing here.
我只想知道你真正在做什么
What potential did my father see in you, Mikhail?
我父亲到底发觉了你哪方面的潜能,米可黑尔?
Cut.
切
Potential you do not see on a report card, Mr. Luthor.
在成绩单上看不到的潜能,卢瑟先生
Hey!
嘿!
I didn't realize bookies made house calls, especially after-hours.
没想到管赌注的人 下班时间还上门服务
Well, I guess I just walked into the Lion's mouth, eh?
我想我是走进了狮子嘴里了,呃?
What are you talking about?
你说什么呢?
You're a first timer, and you show up at the end of the season, I asked some questions.
你是个新手,比赛快结束才出现 我有些疑问
I don't think it is coincidence that you are Smallville's most notorious whistle-blower.
你这个斯摩维尔恶名昭彰的告密者赢了 我不觉得仅仅是巧合
Notorious, huh? I like the sound of that.
恶名昭彰?听起来不错啊
This bet was just research for the article? - Front page if you play your cards right.
你下注是为了写新闻报导? 做得好就能上头版头条
I don't suppose that being a local celebrity will be good for business.
我觉得出名好像对我生意不太好
I think maybe you should change professions.
我觉得或许你该换个职业
You just found my Achille's Heel.
你抓到我软肋了
What, greed? No, pretty girls with infectious smiles.
是什么,贪婪? 不,是带着感染性笑容的女孩
I'm still writing the article.
我还是会写这篇文章
If you don't even know when to place a bet, I don't think you have the inside scoop
你连什么时候该下注都不知道 这篇文章也写不了那么好吧
you're looking for. Promise not to mention my name, and I'll let you 'shadow' me, I'll
只要你答应我不提我名字 我就让你跟着我溜去
be your personal escort through the seedier parts of Smallville.
斯摩维尔最不入流的那些地方 我愿意私人护送你
If I cut you a break, I expect a full behind-the-scenes story.
如果我放你一马 你得给我完整的幕后故事
Of course, and the first stop is the Winner's Circle.
当然,还得先给你赢得的奖金
So, what are you going to do with the money?
那,这钱你打算怎么花?
Textbooks Ooh, don't go too crazy, huh?
买♥♥教材啊 哦,不去玩点疯的,哈?
My dad's on unemployment, so my college fund took a massive hit this year.
我爸正失业 我今年的学费也很紧张
How would you like to make enough money to pay an entire semester of tuition
去多挣点钱解决了整学期的学费怎么样
before you wake up tomorrow morning?
一夜之间就能哦
I have to go to the Shark's game in Metropolis tonight. Sharks...
今晚要去大都会鲨鱼队比赛 赌鲨鱼队赢的话…
8-to-1.
赔率8比1
Chloe, if you want the big article you have to get inside the mind of a gambler.
克罗伊,想写好这篇文章 就得亲身体验一下赌棍的心理
You have to be ready to raise the stakes.
你得愿意提高赌注才行
That is, if you aren't scared.
如果你不害怕的话
Count me in.
算上我吧
There's more to life than championships, Clark.
不打冠军赛还有很多别的事,克拉克
I bet it's easy to say that when you have one.
你自己打过,说得当然轻松
Dad, when I put on that uniform, it's like I forget who I am,
爸,穿上运动服的时候 我都能忘了自己是谁
but at the same time, I've never known myself better. It's more than just a game.
但同时又好像更了解自己了 打球对我来说不只是游戏
Clark, I allowed you join the football team because I though you understood
克拉克,我同意你参加球队 是因为我以为你理解
your responsibility not to let anybody get hurt out there.
你有责任保证不伤到别人
And I accepted that responsibility because I know I can control my abilities.
我接受这个责任是因为 我确实能控制自己的能力了
Then explain to me why there's a kid lying in a hospital bed right now?
那为什么那孩子还被你撞进了医院?
Have you ever seen me trip... Ever?
你见过我以前跌倒吗?
Something happened out on that field, it's like I couldn't control my own legs!
当时场地上一定发生了别的事 好像我不能控制自己双腿了一样!
Just because you are strong, doesn't mean you can't get rattled out there like
你很强不代表你不会跟别人一样犯紧张
anybody else. I'm sorry but the last place you should be is on that football field and
我很抱歉但你本来就不该上场打球
you know it. Coach Quigley's at the party tonight. I'll call him and be the bad guy.
你也知道,今晚奎格利教练在派对庆功 我会打电♥话♥给他一尽做父亲的义务
No, Dad. Like you said, It's my responsibility.
不要,爸,像你所说的 那是我的责任
Coach, can I talk to you for a second?
教练,能跟你谈一下吗?
What's up?
怎么了?
Kent, you saved the day! What a play! You put us in the championship!
肯特,你是大功臣!打得太好了! 你让我们进了冠军决赛!
No, the team put us in the championship.
不,功劳是整个队伍的
I can see the ring on my finger already. I can see the scholarships lined up.
胜利的指环就快套在手上了 也快得奖学金了
Clark, you're here!
克拉克,你来了!
Coach, coach, coach!
教练,教练,教练!
Topeka West may have 3 titles under it's belt,
虽然托皮卡西校拿过三次冠军
but I know we have a real shot at the championship, and this year we have it all.
但这次我们大有希望
An inpenetrable defense, an aggressive offense...
我们有坚强的防守和强大的进攻
And a GOLDEN ARM!
还有条黄金手臂!
Let's go take the title home!
咱们去把冠军赢回家吧!
Coach, coach, coach!
教练,教练,教练!
I like the new textbooks!
我喜欢新的教材
Hi! Don't worry, I just took 10 percent off the top for fun, the rest of my
嗨!别担心,我最多花了10%的钱娱乐
winnings are tucked safely away for college tuition.
赢来的钱剩下的都攒着当学费了
I'm glad that my tip paid off for you.
很高兴我这点方法帮到了你
Are you kidding me? That game was awesome!
你开玩笑吗?比赛太棒了!
I haven't had that much fun on a couch since Johnny Rosenblatt in 5th grade!
我坐那看比赛时从来没那么高兴过
I mean, all of those painted 'beer-bellies' and foam hands suddenly make sense
我突然懂了那些疯狂的人了
when you have something riding on the game!
投了注以后一切感觉都不一样了
See, why would want to spoil all the fun by writing that article?
就是,那你还要写那篇文章 破坏自己的乐趣吗?
Because it just keeps getting juicier by the minute.
其实现在觉得更想写了
Are you sure about that?
你确定吗?
Why, are you going to do something to change my mind?
怎么,你想改变我的主意?
Nice try, you're very cute. But I already gave you anonymity, and
不错,你是很帅,但我已经不提你名了
it's going to press tonight. - But you're only starting to scratch
这篇今晚就会发表了 但你刚刚体验到小小乐趣而已
the surface, and I can give you so much more 'dirt'.
我可以让你感受到更多
You're just trying to stall the article, aren't you?
你只想拖延我发稿,是不是?
剧集 | 超人前传(2001) | 导航列表