剧集 | 天蝎(2014) | 导航列表
Hey, what the hell is this case all about anyway?
这个案子究竟是干什么啊
You guys are supposed to explain it to me.
你们该解释给我听的
It's been weeks, and you've been ducking me.
这都几周了 你们一直躲我
Oh, don't you get it, Cabe?
你还不懂吗 凯布
These guys can't bring themselves
他们不愿为我们
to dumb it down for us.
降低智商
Oh, right. Cabe, here it is.
好吧 凯布 我说了
PANDS is the Particle Accelerator Neutrino Detection Station.
PANDS是粒子加速器中微子探测站
It's a physics laboratory
是一个物理实验室
in the Rocky Mountains.
位于落基山脉
World's deepest lab.
世界上最深的实验室
It's built three kilometers underground
建在地下数公里处
to shield experiments
以保证实验
from cosmic radiation.
不受宇宙辐射的影响
Has a state-of-the-art particle collider.
拥有最先进的粒子对撞机
And the PANDS scientists think they detected a WIMP.
PANDS科学家认为他们检测到了WIMP
Well, that shouldn't be too hard.
应该不难
I'm sure they're all wimps.
他们肯定都是软蛋
No, no, a Weakly Interacting Massive Particle.
不 是弱相互作用大质量粒子
It's theorized they constitute dark matter and could interact
根据理论 它们组成了暗物质 可以跟
with forces outside of the standard model of physics.
标准物理模型之外的力量相反应
A WIMP would be a momentous discovery.
WIMP可是了不起的发现
Problem is, many of these discoveries
问题是 很多这样的发现
are conveniently announced
都碰巧是在
right when labs are applying for federal funding.
实验室申请联邦资助时发生
Some of them could be bogus.
有些可能是骗人的
So the government hired us to verify experiment results
所以政♥府♥雇我们去证实实验结果
before they give the grant.
再决定要不要给他们拨款
Yes, and the lab's been cleared out
没错 实验室已经清空
for us to conduct verification,
好让我们去进行证实
which we should run through before we get there.
我们去之前应该过一遍过程
Now, this ball is filled with one ton of liquid argon,
这颗球里装了1吨♥的液氩
stored at negative 190 degrees Celsius,
以零下190摄氏度储存
and surrounded by hundreds of photomultiplier tubes
被数百个光电倍增管环绕
sensitive to the emissions of even a single photon.
能够感应到哪怕一个光子的发射
So if there is a WIMP,
如果真有WIMP
it will produce a flash of VUV rays
它会产生一道真空紫外线
detectable by these sensors.
传感器就能检测到
And we will run a systems test on the whole detector.
然后我们再对整个探测器进行系统测试
He's not even winded, which pisses me off even more.
他连气都不喘 这更让我不爽了
Then we'll irradiate the ball with neutrons
然后我们再用我弄到的
from the supply of radioactive californium I obtained.
放射性锎的中子来辐射大球
Oh. Think I found a WIMP.
矮油 发现一个软蛋
If the neutrons emitted by spontaneous fission
如果锎的自发核分♥裂♥放射出的中子
in the californium interact with liquid argon,
与液氩产生反应
as we predict, the detector is sound
符合我们的预测 那么探测器就没问题
and the WIMP discovery is verified.
WIMP发现也可以得到证实
Glad you explained it to me.
多谢解释
Hello.
你好
I'm Paige Dineen, team manager.
我是佩吉·狄宁 团队经理
You must be Mr. Bhatt.
你是巴特先生吧
Please, call me Raja. Walter.
喊我拉贾就行 我是沃特
We are delighted to have you here.
我们很高兴你们能来
Uh, a quick... quick lay of the land.
我先说下情况
The lab is built beneath an existing gold mine.
实验室建在已有的金矿之下
So you'll use the mine's elevator for access.
所以你们用金矿升降梯下去
For the sake of integrity, I'm not allowed down
为确保避免干扰 你们验证
while you verify our results, so I will be in that building,
我们结果期间我不能下去 所以我会在那里
the Security and Observation Center,
那是安保和观察中心
or SOC...
我们也叫SOC
with a Mr....
你们中的...
Gallo... and a Ms. Dineen.
格洛先生和狄宁小姐会陪着我
Uh, it has monitors linked to security cameras
里面有显示屏与实验室内
peppered throughout the lab,
遍布的监控相连
so we'll be able to watch you work.
所以我们可以看你们工作
Uh, as I'm sure you're aware, there are consequences
你们肯定知道 长时间在地下工作
to being that far underground for extended periods of time.
会对人体有所影响
The increased air pressure pushes toxins into the blood,
因为气压大 会把毒素压入血液中
which could negatively impact the neural pathways.
可能对神经通路产生不良影响
Paige, you think about it like, uh, it's just gunk
佩吉 这就像是黏液
blocking your brain.
堵塞了你的大脑
Not everything has to be translated.
不是什么东西都需要解释的
The "neural pathways" is easy enough.
"神经通路"很好理解了
They're... the pathways...
就是通路嘛
for...
是...
Almost there.
就差一点了
...all things neural.
跟神经有关的
There you go. End result is that the lab
对了 总之 实验室
has a safety limit of four hours.
有四小时的安全时限
After that, it's harder to think,
之后 思维会迟缓
uh, cognitive abilities decline.
认知能力会下降
It's like a-a graph of exponential stupidity.
就像呈指数态的愚蠢图表
Until your IQ falls off a cliff.
直到你的智商坠崖
If my IQ fell off a cliff, I'd basically be Toby.
如果我的智商坠崖了 我就变成托比了
See what you started?
看你挑的事
We'll finish under four hours. Everything will be just fine.
我们四小时内能完工 不会有事的
Comms in, everyone.
各位戴上通讯器
Thank you.
谢谢
Uh, shall we?
我们走吧
Hey, honey. You at the convention?
亲爱的 你在大会吗
Uh, heading in now. I'm really excited.
正要进去了 好激动
Be sure to behave for Florence.
一定别给弗洛伦斯添麻烦
Will you put her on the phone for a second?
能让她听下电♥话♥吗
Hello.
喂
Hi. I just wanted to say thanks for taking Ralph along today.
我想感谢你今天带拉尔夫去
It's my pleasure.
不客气
I normally dislike children, but he's an abnormal child.
我一般不喜欢小孩 但他不是一般孩子
Thank you. I... I think.
谢谢...吧
Uh... oh. Security requires us to check our phones at the door,
保安要求我们把手♥机♥留在门口
so we won't be reachable for a few hours.
所以我们几小时内不能联♥系♥你了
But I promise the moment we get out, we'll give you a call.
但我们一出来 我们肯定会给你打电♥话♥的
Okay? Talk soon.
好吗 回聊
Eh, she won't be happy
她不会乐意
about not being able to be in touch with me.
不能联♥系♥到我的
Well, I'm-I'm sure she trusts I'll take good care of you.
她肯定会相信我会照顾好你的
It's not you.
不是你的问题
Only person she trusts watching me is Sylvester.
她从来只相信希尔维斯特照看我
She always says he's the most responsible
她总说他是全队里
and trustworthy member of the team.
最负责最值得信任的人了
Really?
真的吗
He seems afraid of his own shadow.
他似乎连自己的影子都怕
Um, just very cautious. Another great trait he has.
就是谨慎嘛 也是他的优点之一
Yep, can't go wrong with reliable old Sylvester.
靠谱的希尔维斯特 准没错的
Man, we're going down deep.
我们下去好深啊
Don't remind me!
别提醒我
What is that?
那是什么
Do you seriously not know what this is?
你真的不知道这是什么吗
No more plastic in the workplace; I wrote a memo.
工作场所不许再用塑料了 我写了备忘录
Oh, right, right. Now I remember that memo.
是啊 现在我记起来了
I, uh, I stuffed it in a plastic jug,
我把它塞进了一个塑料罐里
and then I threw it in the gutter. Very funny.
然后丢进了下水沟 真逗
Unhand that bottle.
放下那个瓶子
Are you happy now?
这下开心了吗
Can the children fight later?
孩子们能回头再吵吗
We have work to do.
我们还有工作呢
Okay.
好了
Yeah, we're in the lab. The clean room
我们进实验室了 净室
is super cool.
超酷的
Four hours starts now.
四小时开始计时
Okay. Have fun down there.
好的 好好玩吧
剧集 | 天蝎(2014) | 导航列表