剧集 | 天蝎(2014) | 导航列表
I give Ralph a little bit more freedom
我会给拉尔夫更多的自♥由♥
because he is a genius.
因为他是个天才
What a shock--
震惊
an L.A. Mother who thinks that her child is a genius.
来自洛杉矶的母亲居然认为自己的儿子是天才
And watch your moth infestation.
注意你们的蛾子 别成灾了
It's not an infestation.
才不是什么灾
It's a solution we've devised for NOAA, National Oceanic...
是我们为NOAA想出的解决方案 国家海洋...
And Atmospheric Administration. I'm familiar.
大气管理局 我知道
It is a prestigious job.
这份工作很重要
We're cleaning the Great Pacific Garbage Patch,
我们要负责清理大太平洋垃圾带
a 500-ton mass of plastic shards floating in the ocean.
那里有500吨♥塑料垃圾漂浮在海上
Until a piece the size of a football field broke off,
但有一块球场大小的碎片脱离了
started drifting toward the West Coast,
开始向西海岸漂来
leaching chemicals as it goes.
并且一直在释放化学物质
I am assuming you're using waxworms
我猜你们用蜡虫
because they eat and digest plastic,
是因为它们能消化塑料
rendering it nontoxic.
将其变得无毒无害
I can see that you developed some sort of binding agent?
你们这是研发出了一种粘合剂吗
We spray it on the plastic shards
把它喷到塑料碎片上
so it hardens into a solid mass.
便会凝固成坚硬的固体
That way we can walk right onto the trash
这样我们就可以走到碎片上
and scatter the worms.
在上面撒虫子
Just what geniuses do.
天才就是干这些的
It's a foolproof solution.
这个方案万无一失
If you consider a 93% success rate foolproof.
93%对你来说也算万无一失
Excuse me?
什么
Your binding agent is flawed.
你的黏合剂有缺陷
It has a chemical that will partially pass through the worms
里面的某种化学物质经过蜡虫后
intact, right back into the Pacific.
仍会有一部分完整地回到海洋中
I estimate a seven percent rate of failure.
据我估计 有7%的失败几率
That would leave 35 tons of plastic in the ocean.
海上还会剩下35吨♥塑料垃圾
Well, that's assuming she's correct, which she isn't.
前提是她没错 但是她错了
Our formula is better than every existing binding agent.
我们的配方比现存的所有粘合剂都好
Not every existing binding agent.
并不是所有的粘合剂
The one that I made in my lab,
我在实验室里研发出的
despite constant interruptions,
虽然经常被你们打扰
is fully organic.
但我的是完全有机的
No chemical coating.
没有化学覆盖层
Your worms could digest a hundred percent of the plastic.
你们的虫子会100%消化掉那些塑料
Last time I checked, a hundred percent
据我所知 100%
is better than 93, but I'm not a genius.
肯定好过93% 但我并不是天才
I'm just a chemist.
我只是一个化学家
Lucky for you guys,
算你们走运
my lab has run into a bit of a funding gap,
我的实验室最近也资金紧缺
so I'm willing to tag along
因此我愿意跟你们一起去
for one sixth of the take.
酬劳分给我六分之一就行
Absolutely not. Walter, perhaps we should...
绝对不行 沃特 也许我们...
I don't like her. Excuse me.
我不喜欢她 不好意思
Walter, you're letting your personal feelings
沃特 你这是在让自己的私人情感
get in the way of work.
耽误工作
Now, if her product is more effec... more effective,
如果她的产品更有效
then we'll do a better job with the 100-yard chunk
那么我们就能出色地清理到这块100米的
of ocean trash, and perhaps we'll get hired
海洋垃圾 也许他们会让我们
to clean up the rest and then we won't be broke anymore.
继续清理剩余的 那样我们就有钱了
She's arrogant and condescending.
她很傲慢 居高临下的
Oh, hi, pot. I see you've met kettle.
五十步你好 那位是一百步
I know she stinks, but since when does
我知道她不好相处 但沃特·奥布莱恩
Walter O'Brien choose the less efficient route?
什么时候开始要选择低效率的方法了
You have a deal.
就这么定了
At one-sixth our fee, assuming your product passes inspection.
费用分你六分之一 前提是你的产品可以通过检测
So, we leave in... 40 minutes.
我们40分钟后出发
So, let's pack up the worms.
把虫子都装好吧
It's today?
是今天吗
It's Thanksgiving. Not that it's your business,
今天是感恩节 虽然并不关你的事
but NOAA charges a great deal for use of their boats,
但租用NOAA的船费用很高
so we procured one of our own.
所以我们自己找了一艘
And the rates are cheapest on Thanksgiving.
而感恩节收费比较低
Wonderful.
太好了
You have holiday plans, so you can't come with us.
你有节日计划了 所以你不能跟我们来了
Actually...
实际上...
I'm free.
我可以去
No plans.
没计划
No friends.
没朋友
How not shocking.
我怎么不觉得惊讶呢
Oh, Ralph, that's your troop leader.
拉尔夫 你的领队到了
Don't forget our contribution for the food drive,
别忘了带上我们为食品募捐活动准备的东西
and I'll see you tonight at dinner.
我们晚餐时见
Hey, Paige, can I get a word with you in the kitchen?
佩吉 我们能到厨房♥说句话吗
You know, I think I'm gonna hang back, make the yams.
我觉得我最好还是留下来 做红薯
You don't cook.
你不会做饭
Cabe is on the verge of a major breakthrough in therapy.
凯布的治疗马上就要取得重大进展了
I think I can really help him
我觉得我真的能帮到他
with all his fears about the trial and prison.
帮他克服对庭审以及监狱的恐惧
I mean, we're making some good progress here.
这个治疗真的有所成效
That's great.
那很好啊
I think it'd be good if I stay here with him.
我觉得假如我能留下来陪他会比较好
I mean, you don't really need me
反正你也不需要我
or an unarmed intern to scatter worms on garbage.
或是一个没配枪的实习生帮你撒虫子吧
No, but we'll be a pair of hands short.
的确 但那样的话我们人手就不够了
Yes.
棒
I got a solution.
我有办法了
Hey, buddy.
你好啊 兄弟
Hey, pal.
你好啊 兄弟
I have to tell you, I am just loving my vacation.
我必须得告诉你 我爱死我的假期了
I'm just loving my vacation.
我还真是爱死我的假期了
Oh, man.
老天爷
Okay, Ralph's pumpkin launcher is loaded.
好了 拉尔夫的南瓜发射器装好了
Now, the balls have a three-second timer,
炸♥弹♥上有三秒的定时器
so it should explode shortly after launch,
所以发射后不久就会爆♥炸♥
raining binding agent down on plastic shards
将粘合剂洒在塑料上
and hardening the plastic.
使塑料硬化
That's assuming that your chemical solution works.
假设你的化学方案有效的话
It does.
肯定有效
Walt, hold up.
沃特 等等
I ran the physics, I know the launch angle,
我用物理计算了一下 我知道发射角度
give me that sucker.
把那家伙给我
Fire in the hole!
小心炸♥弹♥
All right.
好了
The agent should congeal the plastic into one solid mass.
粘合剂应该会把这些塑料粘成一大块
It'll be safe to walk on in about two hours.
两个小时之后我们就能站上去了
Looks like you've got some time to read.
看来你有时间读书了
Best vacation ever.
真是最棒的假期
Look at you, pretty handy with a yam.
瞧瞧你啊 挺会削皮的嘛
Yeah, you don't need an IQ like yours to peel vegetables.
是啊 削皮不需要你们那么高的智商
That story you were telling me earlier
你之前告诉我的那个故事
got me thinking about those old TVs.
让我想起了那些老电视
Grandmother had one.
我奶奶就有一台
I loved it, except the reception was always so fuzzy.
我超爱它的 但就是信♥号♥♥不好
Not ours. Perfect picture.
我们家的不会 显像很清楚
That stove-top popcorn,
还有那个爆米花
ah, that brought me back, too.
那个也将我带回了过去
Used to love watching the tinfoil rise,
我以前很爱看着那个锡纸鼓起来
but that bottom layer always got burnt.
但最底下那层总是会烧焦
Not the way my mom did it.
我妈妈就从来不会
Was good to the last kernel.
每一颗都非常完美
I'm gonna hit the head. Be right back.
我去上个厕所 马上回来
Patient confirms likely fictitious recollections.
病人在强化自己虚构的回忆
His details are suffering from nostalgic whitewashing
他所描述的细节完全是怀旧式的粉饰太平
where no bad memory,
不包含任何糟糕的记忆
even something as small as burnt popcorn, is allowed to exist.
甚至连烤焦的爆米花这种小事都没有
剧集 | 天蝎(2014) | 导航列表