Yes.
令尊的视力很差么?
How poor was your father's eyesight?
他不戴眼镜基本上什么都看不到
He could scarcely see at all, and not without his glasses.
小时候他视力就很差
His sight had always been bad, from a boy.
戴上眼镜之后呢?
But with his glasses?
哦 那就没什么问题了
Oh, he could see all right then, of course.
谢谢
Thank you.
好了 警员 去告诉波尔巡佐
All right, Constable, tell Sergeant Ball
比预想的要长一些
this is gonna take longer than expected.
好的 长官
Right, sir.
啊 法利夫人
Ah, Mrs. Farley.
我想问您几个问题
There's something I'd like to ask you.
请说
Yes?
您丈夫被催眠过么?
Had your husband ever been hypnotized?
据我所知没有
Never, to my knowledge.
那他对催眠术感兴趣么?
Was he interested in that sort of thing -- hypnotism?
不
No.
哦 那个可怕的梦
Oh, that horrible dream.
真是太离奇了 每晚都是同样的梦
It's uncanny, to dream that same awful dream, night after night.
就像一直被死神追赶着
It's as though he were hounded to his death.
在您的印象中
Had it ever occurred to you
法利先生有过自杀的倾向么?
that your husband might be tempted to do away with himself?
没有
No.
有时候他确实很奇怪
Well, sometimes he -- he was rather queer.
胡说
Poppycock.
父亲一向爱惜自己 他不会自杀的
Father was far too fond of himself ever to commit suicide.
有些事你不知道 乔安娜
You don't know everything, Joanna.
我什么都知道
I know that much.
请问 法利夫人
Pardon, Mme. Farley.
您丈夫有几副眼镜?
How many pairs of glasses did your husband own?
眼镜?
Glasses?
嗯 是的 眼镜
Uh, well, spectacles.
我不太清楚 三四副吧
I have no idea -- three, four?
啊
Ah.
嗯 谢谢
Hmm. Thank you.
请进
Come in.
天啊 这间屋子白天看起来大不一样
Ah, mon Dieu, how different this room looks in daylight.
有什么可以效劳的?
Can I do something for you?
先生 我发现
Ah, and I see, monsieur,
您和您已故的老板在办公室能看到的风景
that you share the same inspiring view
是一样的
as your late employer.
是的
Oh, yes.
那面墙里边
On the other side of that wall
是为法利先生干活的工人们
are the fools who made Mr. Farley's wealth for him.
我觉得这也是为什么他选择
I think that's why he chose to have his study
这一侧的房♥间当书房♥
this side of the house.
明白了
I see.
如果这墙能说话 它肯定能
You know, I feel sure, if that wall could talk,
告诉我们些什么
it would tell us something, no?
嗯
Mm.
康沃西先生 上周四晚上我来的时候
M. Cornworthy, when I arrived last Thursday evening,
法利先生没把我带去自己的房♥间
I was not shown into M. Farley's own room.
是的
No.
法利先生说让管家带您来这儿
I was told to tell Holmes to show you in here.
您想过为什么吗?
Why was that, do you think?
对法利先生的命令我从来不问为什么
I never questioned any of Mr. Farley's orders.
是 是 是
No, no, no, no.
他经常在您这儿会客么?
Did he usually receive the visitors in here?
经常的
Quite often...
尤其是以前没来过的客人
particularly if people hadn't come to the house before.
明白了
I see. Mm.
谢谢 康沃西先生
Thank you, M. Cornworthy.
总督察 本尼迪克特·法利的这个梦
Inspector, this dream of Benedict Farley
至关重要
is very important.
他说他梦到自己自杀了
He dreamed, he said, of committing suicide.
然后 他真的自杀了
And later on, he did commit suicide.
这起"自杀"
Now, when I say "suicide,"
他是一个人在房♥间里
he was alone in his room
被发现的时候手里拿着枪
and was found with a gun in his hand.
而且在他开枪的时候没有人进出过
And no one entered or left the room at the time he was shot.
这说明了什么 总督察?
So, what does this mean, Chief Inspector?
说明没有其他可能
Well, that there's no other possibility --
一定是自杀
that it must be suicide.
恰恰相反
Au contraire.
说明这是一起非同寻常的
It means a very unusual
精心策划的谋杀
and very cleverly planned murder.
怎么做到的? 谁策划的?
Planned how? Planned by who?
总督察 要是我直接说出答案
Well, it is no good, is it, Chief Inspector,
恐怕不太好吧
if I just give you the answer?
嗯
Well --
是的
No.
得多给灰色小细胞些时间搞清楚过程
We must give the little gray cells time to do their work, eh?
也多给波洛一点时间查出事情真♥相♥
And give Poirot time to work out who did it and how.
波洛 这可不大像你
This is not like you, Poirot.
好吧 黑斯廷斯 这也不像我的灰色小细胞
Well, this is not like the gray cells, Hastings!
我尽了一切努力
I have given them every chance.
宠爱着它们
They have been cosseted.
我保持睡眠充足
I have slept to allow them to do their work.
我早餐吃鱼肉
I have eaten fish for breakfast.
可结果呢? 还是不行
Result -- nothing!
会有结果的 波洛
It'll come, Poirot.
你的灰色小细胞从来没让你失望过
The little gray cells have never let you down yet.
啊
Ah.
但这也许是活力减退的信♥号♥♥
But is this not an indication, perhaps, of what is in store?
是因为我年纪太大还是生活节奏太快?
A sign that they are weakened by old age and the fast living?
节奏太快?
Fast living, Poirot?
我可没看出来
I wouldn't call your life exactly fast.
嗯 现在也许不快了 我指年轻时候
Well, not now, perhaps, Hastings, but... in my youth.
真的?
Really?
哦
Oh.
真的?
Really?
是的 黑斯廷斯
You see, one pays, Hastings.
年轻时用脑过度 现在脑子不灵了
Eventually, one is called to settle one's account.
这样啊
I say.
哦
Oh.
我得再来杯茶
I shall have another tisane.
真是疯了
Bother!
波洛先生 我...
Mr. Poirot, I --
怎么了 波洛先生?
What is it, Mr. Poirot?
请再来一杯茶 莱蒙小姐
Another tisane, if you please, Miss Lemon.
哦 天啊
Oh, dear.
你9点钟刚喝过
You had your 9:00 one.
动脑子需要这茶 莱蒙小姐
Well, serious measures are called for, Miss Lemon.
见鬼
Mon Dieu.
莱蒙小姐 能告诉我现在几点了么?
Do you have the time, please, Miss Lemon?
当然 波洛先生
Of course, Mr. Poirot.
嗯
Ah.
你在做什么 莱蒙小姐?
What are you doing, Miss Lemon?
9点55分了 波洛先生
It's 5 to 10:00, Mr. Poirot.
你为什么往窗外看?
But what were you doing out there?
我探出身去 就能看到教堂的钟了
If I lean right out, I can just see the church clock.
戴块表岂不是更方便?
But would it not be simpler to wear the watch?
不行 波洛先生
I can't, M. Poirot.
我的磁场干扰手表
My magnetism upsets them.
明白了
I say.
什么样的手表我戴都走不准
All my life, I've been looking for a watch that won't go wild
没找到一块能走好的
as soon as I put it on, but I've never met it.
你到底怎么了 波洛先生?
What ever is the matter, Mr. Poirot?
莱蒙小姐 你真是太漂亮了
Miss Lemon, you are beautiful.
麻烦你
Now, would you please be so kind
打个电♥话♥给贾普总督察
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表