Poirot does not handle this type of work.
这类案子我不接
No, no. You don't understand. This is a dangerous woman.
不不 您没明白 这是个危险的女人
I know that a man
我当然知道
as distinguished in his field as you are
像您这样德高望重的大侦探
wouldn't handle sordid domestic cases.
不接那种肮脏的婚外情案件
There's more at stake here.
但这件事关系重大
I see.
我懂了
My name is not really Miss Smith.
我的真名不叫史密斯
I am astounded.
我真是大吃一惊
My name is Mayfield -- Lady Margaret Mayfield.
我叫梅菲尔德 玛格利特·梅菲尔德夫人
And who is Lord Mayfield?
梅菲尔德勋爵是干什么的?
There isn't one. I'm only Mrs. Mayfield, really.
我丈夫不是贵族 就我是贵族后裔 真的
But my father was an earl.
我的父亲是个伯爵
And who is this dangerous woman you talk about?
您说的这个危险的女人是谁?
Mrs. Joanna Vanderlyn.
乔安娜·范德林太太
Mrs. Vanderlyn is rumored to have pro-German sympathies.
传言说范德林太太是个亲德派
There was a scandal two years ago
两年前出过一件丑事
with a young marquess of Lowestoft.
与洛斯托夫特的一位年轻伯爵有关
He shot himself.
他举枪自杀了
Yes, I remember.
是的 我有印象
Mrs. Vanderlyn was involved?
此事与范德林太太有关?
Yes. It was thought
是的 有关部门认为
that he passed on to her certain secret information.
伯爵把某些机密泄露给了她
I did not know that.
这我倒头一次听说
It was kept hushed up as much as possible.
事情被尽量掩盖了下来
His regiment had been involved in testing the Galahad tank.
他管辖的兵团涉及到加拉哈德坦克测试试验
And you think --
所以您认为...
My husband is engaged in a lot of projects
许多事关国家未来的重大项目
that are crucial to the future of this country.
我丈夫都参与其中
If an enemy should gain access --
万一敌人混进来
Surely, you do not suspect your husband of treachery?
您不会怀疑您丈夫打算卖♥♥♥国♥吧?
No, of course not.
哦 当然不怀疑
But the government has treated him very badly
但自从那桩与日本交易的丑闻曝光后
ever since that Japanese business.
政♥府♥对我丈夫就另眼相看了
You must have read about it.
您一定读到过
Even though his name was cleared,
尽管我丈夫被证明是清白的
they still don't give him the backing he needs.
但他们再也不像以前那样支持他了
Bitterness may make him less careful than he should be.
恐怕怨恨让他失去了应有的谨慎
Please help me, M. Poirot.
请务必帮帮我 波洛先生
There is so much at stake for England.
英国面临着巨大的威胁
Good evening, Lady Carrington.
晚上好 卡林顿夫人
Hello, Dawson. Where is everybody?
你好 道森 大家都到了吗?
On the lower terrace, Lady Carrington.
他们都在草坪上 卡林顿夫人
We can only put our trust in the League of Nations,
我们只能信赖国际联盟
pray for peace.
并祈祷和平
Isn't that a rather peculiar thing
军♥火♥制♥造♥商祈祷和平
for an arms manufacturer to do, sir?
难道不奇怪吗 先生?
What is it Beverley Nichols calls you?
贝弗利·尼科尔森是怎么称呼您的?
Merchants of death.
"贩卖♥♥死亡的商人"
Mr. Mayfield is an armaments manufacturer, Reggie,
梅菲尔德先生是一位军♥火♥制♥造♥商 雷基
because this particular game can only be played from strength.
因为这种特殊的游戏只能通过力量决出胜负
Oh. Quite right, Sir George.
哦 千真万确 乔治爵士
Oh, sorry, Dad.
哦 对不起 爸爸
Didn't realize it was all a game.
我没领悟到这一切都只是游戏
Where has the fabled Mrs. Vanderlyn got to, I wonder?
我在想 传说中的范德林太太在哪?
I haven't the foggiest. She arrived hours ago.
我压根儿不知道 她几小时前就到了
You have met her before?
您以前见过她吗?
Not since I was a child.
小时候见过
Please.
请
Yes, she's the daughter of H.K. Griffin.
是的 她是H.K.格里芬的女儿
Man used to be American ambassador over here.
就是以前那位美国大使
Apparently, we all have to be very nice
显然我们现如今都得
to the Americans these days.
友好地对待美国人
Ready for when the war starts.
以防战争爆发
Oh.
啊
Mother's finally arrived.
我母亲总算到了
All these exciting people.
瞧你们一个个高兴的
I wasn't warned it was going to be a rout.
没人事先通知我会这么热闹
Isabelle, I'm so glad you could come.
伊莎贝拉 真高兴你来了
I'm just sorry I'm so unforgivably late.
实在对不起 我来得这么晚
Will I be completely deterred if I don't change?
你看我连衣服都没有换 仍旧不合适吧?
You'll be the talk of Steeple Bumpstead.
你会因此"臭名远扬"的
Oh, God, I wouldn't want that.
哦 老天 我可不想那样
Good journey, darling? Lovely, George.
旅途愉快吗 亲爱的? 很好 乔治
The A11 is particularly enthralling
这个季节A11道两旁的
at this time of year. Hello, Tommy.
风景美极了 你好 汤米
May I introduce M. Hercule Poirot?
我来介绍 这位是赫尔克里·波洛先生
How nice to meet you. Mademoiselle.
见到您很高兴 夫人
Foreign, yes? Uh
外国人 是吗? 嗯...
You'll soon pick up our little ways.
您很快会适应我们的小风格的
Talking of which...
说到风格...
Oh, how English.
哦 英国情调
How very, very English.
地道的英国情调
We've got some very American dry martinis mixed,
我们调了一些地道的美国马丁尼酒
If you'd like one.
想来一杯吗?
Oh, that would be wonderful.
啊 再好不过了
Trouble with the Foreign Office is,
外♥交♥部♥最大的诟病在于
it's very long on protocol
这些人整天为了些名不见经传的
on whether the prime minister of Timbuktu
外国元首的排序先后问题
should take precedence over the king of Ongo-Bongo.
优柔寡断 犹豫不决
I'm very short on what Winnie describes
我非常缺少维尼所描述的
as intestinal fortitude.
坚毅果敢
I'm sure that's not true of your foreign secretary.
我肯定贵国的外务大臣不会如此行事的
I must bow to your superior knowledge, Mrs. Vanderlyn.
我必须对您的高见顶礼膜拜 范德林太太
I'm sure you know Mr. Eden a great deal better
我肯定 您比我们这些平民百姓更了解
than us humble souls, eh?
艾登伯爵 不是吗?
Oh, I wouldn't say that.
哦 我可不敢这么说
But when I had lunch with him yesterday,
但我昨天与他共进午餐的时候
he was saying more or less the same as you
他也跟您一样谈到了
about the Foreign Office's passion for protocol.
外♥交♥部♥对礼节的热忱
No, thank you.
不 谢谢
I refuse to let men waste their time drinking port
有牌局的时候还是别浪费时间让先生们
when there's bridge to be played.
喝什么波尔图葡萄酒
Sir George. Yes.
乔治爵士 好
You see what sort of a woman she is.
她是哪种人 您也看到了
The sort of woman Mrs. Vanderlyn is
外表看来范德林太太这种人
does not make a matter of national importance.
完全不可能与国家大事扯上关系
I do hope you're right.
但愿您是对的
M. Poirot.
波洛先生
Actually, the whole European situation's
欧洲现在的局势其实
rather like a bridge game at the moment.
就像一局桥牌
On the one hand, we have the diminutive Führer,
一边是身材矮小的元首
on the other hand, Signor Mussolini,
另一边是独♥裁♥者墨索里尼
the bullfrog of the Pontine Marshes.
那只"蓬蒂内沼泽的牛蛙"
In the end, they'll both need taking down a peg or two.
较量到最后 一定会煞煞他俩的威风
And what about the Emperor Hirohito, sir?
那么昭和天♥皇♥呢 先生?
Will he need taking down a peg?
也要煞煞他的威风吗?
What did he say?
他说什么了?
Has he said something nasty again?
他又说了什么莽撞的话?
He's such a little snot, aren't you, darling?
这孩子总是自以为是 对吗 宝贝?
Tommy's working too hard.
汤米工作太投入了
He believes we're on the brink of war.
他坚信战争一触即发
That he can stop it single-handed?
凭他一个人能力挽狂澜?
Something like that.
差不多是这样
The truth is, of course, he can do more than most people.
事实上 他能起到比大多数人都强的作用
A little slam, I think.
小小一击 我想
Congratulations, partner.
恭喜你 搭档
Aren't you going to give us our revenge?
难道连翻本的机会都不给我们吗?
George and I have work to do, I'm afraid.
恐怕我和乔治还有些工作要做
The plans are ready for you, sir.
图纸已经为您准备好了 先生
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表