哦 这不是波洛先生吗
Well, well, well, if it isn't Mr. Poirot.
是我
It is.
这房♥子的女主人在吗?
Is the lady of the house in?
贾普警长在这
The chief inspector is here.
波洛先生
Mr. Poirot.
早上好 托德夫人
Ah, Mrs. Todd.Good morning.
我不明白你为什么还厚着脸皮
I don't know how you have the impertinence
再到我们家里来呢
to show your face here again!
你已经收到钱了 波洛先生 而且收到的还不少
You were paid off, Mr. Poirot. You were paid off handsomely.
– 呃– 你瞧瞧
– Well…– And then look at this.
你把这么多警♥察♥弄到我家里来
We've got policemen crawling all over the house!
今早你在克拉珀姆似乎不太受欢迎啊 波洛
You're not too popular in Clapham this morning, Poirot.
我们手里没有足够的证据
A bit of a wild goose chase,this.
据了解 辛普森先生是个
As far as we can ascertain, this Mr. Simpson of yours
优秀而规矩的银行职员
is a perfectly respectable young bank employee
碰巧他今天回家探亲了
who happens to have gone home to his family.
什罗普郡的警方现在
We have the Shropshire Constabulary checking that
已经在查证了
at the moment.
我只是想问一下
I only wanted to ask --
不
No!
也许你会想知道
Well, perhaps you'd be interested to know --
我什么也不想
No, I wouldn't.
再见 波洛先生
Good day, Mr. Poirot.
波洛
Poirot.
安妮 我得问你一个问题
Annie, I need to ask you a question.
你能帮我吗?
Can you help me?
我试试吧 先生
I'll try, sir.
上个星期五卡特·佩特森公♥司♥的搬运工
Last Friday,the Carter Patterson
来取箱子对吧?
came to collect Eliza's trunk,yes?
她的箱子 是的 先生
Her box.Yes, sir.
– 你当时在不在家?– 在的 先生
– You were here when he came?– Oh, yes, sir.
是我带他们去伊莱扎的房♥间
I had to show them up to Eliza's room
取箱子的
for them to take it up.
好
Bon.
那个箱子很重 先生
It was ever so heavy, sir.
靠三个人使劲才把它抬下楼去的
It took three of them to get it down the stairs.
你没事吧 先生?
You all right, sir?
没事
Of course.
告诉我 安妮 你说箱子是已经打包好了
Tell me, Annie, you said her box was already packed.
是的 封好也锁好了
Oh, yes, sir. Packed, locked, and corded.
还用一根很粗的绳子绑得紧紧的
Quite a thick rope round it and done up ever so tight.
上面贴了标签吗?
Did it have a label on it?
贴了
Yes, it did, sir.
标签上有地址吗?
With an address?
只写了名字
Just her name.
伊莱扎·邓恩小姐收
Miss Eliza Dunn, it said.
送到特威克纳姆火车站待取
Twickenham Station,to be called for.
很好 安妮
Very well, Annie.
谢谢你
Thank you.
再见
Au revoir.
再见
Au revoir, sir.
好极了
Ah, excellent!
[南方铁路公♥司♥]
克洛切特究竟为什么要设计
Then why would Crotchet want to perpetrate
这样一个精心的骗局呢?
such an elaborate hoax?
这个问题问得好 黑斯廷斯
Ah. That is a very good question, Hastings.
可是伊莱扎·邓恩已经得到了房♥子
But Eliza Dunn has got her house.
我敢保证
I shall be surprised
那房♥子的租期超不过六个月
if she finds she has more than a six months' lease.
那房♥子的租期超不过六个月
[行李托运处]
[行李托运处]
那克洛切特到底想要什么?
[行李托运处]
So, what did Crotchet want?
克洛切特?
Crotchet?
就是辛普森 他装扮成克洛切特
Well, Simpson, then, pretending to be Crotchet.
他想要伊莱扎·邓恩的一样东西
He wanted something that Eliza Dunn had.
钱 那笔澳大利亚的遗产?
Money, the Australian legacy?
他只要一个结实的老锡箱子
He wanted a battered old tin trunk.
一个箱子 可里面什么也没有?
Her trunk, with nothing in it?
他可以自己买♥♥一个
But he could buy a trunk.
但他并不想要新的箱子
Oh, but he did not want a new trunk, mon ami.
他想要一只不显眼的
He wanted a trunk of pedigree,
不会引起怀疑的破旧箱子
a trunk of assured respectability.
听我说 波洛 辛普森要一只破旧箱子做什么?
Look here, Poirot, what would Simpson want an old trunk for?
当然是用来装尸体
To put the body in, of course.
送往格拉斯哥 在那待取
[格拉斯哥: 苏格兰最大城市和商港
位于中苏格兰西部的克莱德河河口
Sent on to Glasgow, gov, to await collection there.
你怎么记得那么清楚?
But how do you know this?
连货物记录都没查
You have not consulted your records.
货物记录都在这里装着呢
I don't need to consult my records, gov, do I?
你说尸体是什么意思? 什么尸体?
What do you mean, body?What body?
– 他和你是一起的吗?– 谁的尸体?
– Is he with you?– Whose body?
我是说
I mean to say,
里面如果装的是尸体
if there's going to be bodies all over the place…
你要镇静点 黑斯廷斯 一切都会弄明白的
Doucement, Hastings. All will be revealed to you.
我们能继续了吗?
Can we get on with the business in hand?
当然可以
By all means.
那人是我亲自接待的
I saw to it myself, didn't I?
就是昨天上午
Yesterday morning.
那家伙蓄着大胡子
Some cove with a beard.
是克洛切特
Crotchet.
你和那人说过话吗?
You spoke to this man?
当然说过
Of course I spoke to him.
有他的名字吗?
Did he give a name?
没有 他只说这个伊莱扎·邓恩是他的婶婶
Nah, he just said this Eliza Dunn was his aunt
她想把箱子寄到格拉斯哥去
and she wanted the trunk sent on to Glasgow.
那么你已经寄出了?
And it's gone? You have sent it?
没有
No.
每个星期五
Every Friday,
公♥司♥都付给我一笔可观的钱
the Southern Railway pays me huge amounts of money
好让我不要尽职尽责
so I won't do that sort of thing.
我觉得他在说反话 波洛
I think he's being sarcastic,Poirot.
别这么说 黑斯廷斯
No, no, Hastings.
他是个好人
He is a good man.
他工作非常尽责
He is doing the job of great responsibility.
谢谢 先生
Thank you, monsieur.
我还可以向你透露一件事
I'll tell you one thing, though.
我洗耳恭听 先生
And what is that, monsieur?
你们在找那个留胡子的家伙?
You looking for this bloke or something?
当然了 那还用问吗
Well, of course we're looking for him.
我在跟懂行的人说话 不是跟班
I'm talking to the engineer,not the oil rag.
嘿 我说你
Now, look here!
别说了 黑斯廷斯
Hastings.
你想告诉我们什么事 先生?
What is this one thing you will tell us, monsieur?
好吧
All right.
告诉你
I'll tell ya.
我知道他现在在哪
I'll tell you where he is.
你瞧
There.
继续
Go on.
至少说我认为他在哪里
Well, at least rough figures.
怎么现在又不那么肯定了
Ah, a bit less sure now.
我敢打赌他在我说的地方
I bet he is.I bet he's where I say.
那么你说他在哪?
And where do you say?
玻利维亚
Bolivia. There.
玻利维亚?
Bolivia?
那是在南美洲
That's in South America.
是什么让你有这种想法的?
And what is it that makes you think he is in Bolivia?
已经在路上了 或者至少要出发了
Well, going there, at least on his way, like.
他要把箱子寄到格拉斯哥总得付钱吧?
He has to pay for this trunk to be sent on to Glasgow, see?
是的
I see.
他掏出一卷钞票
He takes out a wad of notes.
很厚的一沓
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表