小洞就在那个地方
That's where the little hole is.
天哪
No.
一会就好了
Won't keep you a moment.
现在 你只需用它击球
Now, all you have to do is hit it with that.
打吧
Go ahead.
这很容易的
Easy does it.
打到旗子没事吧?
Am I allowed to hit the flag?
啊 没事 没事
Oh, yes, yes, that'll be fine.
不 我想我打不到旗子上的
No, it will not hit the flag, I think.
啊 真不走运
Oh. Bad luck.
黑斯廷斯 如果你每次都打那么多下
Hastings, how will we ever catch up with Miss Plenderleith
我们怎么能赶上普伦德莱思小姐?
if you take so many hits each time?
赶不上
Well, we can't.
她一个半小时之前就开始打了
She started out an hour and a half ago.
我们也许会在一个平行的洞边碰到她往回走
We might see her coming back on one of the parallel holes.
真希望你不要再在垃圾桶里翻来翻去了
I do wish you'd stop rummaging around in the dustbins.
哈
Ha.
又一根
Not another one.
三根了 黑斯廷斯
Number three, Hastings.
今天有人够背的
Someone's having a bad day.
总是弄断球杆
People do break clubs, you know.
三个洞就弄断了三根?
But three clubs in three holes?
那又怎样?
Well, what, then?
我们这位普伦德莱思小姐正在把她的球杆一根根除掉
Our Miss Plenderleith is getting rid of some golf clubs
在这里她认为谁也不会注意到的
in a place where she thought they would never be noticed.
尤斯塔斯少校没有犯谋杀罪 黑斯廷斯
Major Eustace is not guilty of murder, Hastings.
又把球丢了 波洛?
Lost your ball again, Poirot?
嘘 躲起来
Shh! Keep out of sight.
看
Look.
都看仔细了吗 黑斯廷斯?
Have you seen enough, Hastings?
我不得不放下手头这最有趣的运动
I must regretfully abandon our most interesting game
去给贾普警长打电♥话♥了
and go and telephone the Chief Inspector Japp.
走吧
Come on.
为什么?
Why?
为什么一位外表精明的年轻女士
Why would a presumably sane young woman
要把一只仅仅装了两本杂♥志♥的
want to throw an expensive case into a lake
昂贵的手提箱扔进湖里呢?
with just two magazines in it
还塞了石块保证它沉下去?
and a couple of stones to make sure it sank?
你不用再费心了
You need worry no longer.
答案这就上门来了
The answer is coming.
又为什么要故意折断一套完好的高尔夫球杆?
And why break up a perfectly good set of golf clubs?
不瞒你说我昨晚整宿没睡着
I don't mind telling you I lay awake last night
脑子里一直思考着这些问题
worrying about it.
我可怜的贾普警长
Mon pauvre Japp.
普伦德莱思小姐到了 波洛先生
Miss Plenderleith, Mr. Poirot.
谢谢 莱蒙小姐
Thank you, Miss Lemon.
很抱歉我迟到了
I'm sorry I'm late.
我刚参加完芭芭拉的葬礼
I've just come from Barbara's funeral.
您能来真太好了
It was so good of you to come.
请坐吧 小姐
Please sit down, mademoiselle.
我有消息要通知您
I have certain news to give you.
我看到报纸上的新闻了
I read it in the papers.
尤斯塔斯少校被捕了
Major Eustace has been arrested.
这么说 是谋杀?
It was murder, then?
对 一个人蓄意要将
Oh, yes, the willful destruction of one human being
另一个人毁掉
by another human being.
现在 小姐 让我为您揭示
And now, mademoiselle, I am going to tell you
我是怎样一步步迈向案件的真♥相♥的
just how I arrived at the truth in this matter.
他有他的一套办法
He has his methods.
我总是迁就他
I humor him, you know.
首先 是死者的房♥间里烟味
To begin with, there was the smell of the cigarette smoke.
我没闻到烟味
Which I didn't smell.
没错
Precisely.
烟灰缸里
And yet the ashtray had in it
有不止九个烟头
no fewer than the stubs of nine cigarettes.
但可疑之处是
So it was very odd, eh, very odd
房♥间里的空气异常清新
that the room should smell as it did -- perfectly fresh.
怪不得你那天闻哪 闻哪
Oh, so that's what you were getting at.
嗯?
Hmm?
其次引起我注意的
The next thing that attracted my attention
是死者腕上的手表
was the wristwatch worn by the dead woman.
手表怎么了?
What about it?
表戴在右手腕上
It was worn on the right wrist.
但就我的经验 一般人
In my experience, it is more usual
都把手表戴在左手腕上
for the wristwatch to be worn on the left wrist.
现在,我的朋友 让我们再把目光聚集到写字台上
But now, my friends, I come to the writing bureau.
是的 我就猜到写字台也有蹊跷
Yes, I thought we'd come to that.
吸墨板上那张
You know the blotting pad had on top
吸墨纸是干净未用的
a clean, untouched piece of blotting paper?
纸上干净
The sheet was clean
说明芭芭拉那天没写什么东西
because Barbara hadn't written any letters that day.
但她肯定写了
Yes, she had.
小男孩弗雷迪看到她6点左右在邮筒寄信
Freddie saw her post some letters at 6:00.
说得好 黑斯廷斯
Well done, Hastings.
那么写信时用过的
So, what, then, happened to the piece of paper
那张吸墨纸上哪儿了呢?
on which she had blotted her letters?
写字台上还有一个细节很奇怪
But there was a second curious detail about the writing desk.
警长 也许你还记得写字台上文具的布置
Perhaps you, Japp, can remember the arrangement of it.
我演示一下
Allow me.
墨水瓶和吸墨板放在中间
Ink stand and blotting pad in the center,
笔盒在左手边
the pen tray to the left,
日历和羽毛笔在右手边
the calendar and the quill pen to the right.
看出来了吗?
Eh bien?
嗯
Yes.
啊 你还没发现吗?
Ah, you do not see?
放笔的笔盒在左手边
The pens for use were in the pen tray on the left.
惯用右手的人不是应该
Is it not more usual to find the pen tray on the right
把笔盒放在右手边吗?
more convenient for the right hand?
我脑海里呈现出一幅画 贾普警长
So I made myself a picture, Japp.
普伦德莱斯小姐
A picture of Miss Plenderleith arriving home
过完周末回到家
after the weekend.
她打开门
A picture of Miss Plenderleith opening the door
发现朋友躺在地上死了
and finding her friend lying dead,
手里握着枪
with the pistol clasped in her hand.
芭芭拉?
Barbara?
握枪的是左手
Her left hand, naturally,
因为艾伦太太是左撇子
since her friend was left-handed,
尽管普伦德莱斯小姐煞费苦心
in spite of everything Miss Plenderleith has done
想骗我们相信艾伦太太惯用右手
to convince us that her friend was right-handed.
艾伦太太还给您留了信 小姐
There is also a note addressed to you, mademoiselle.
我设想 那封信一定催人泪下
It was, I fancy, a very moving letter
诉说了一位温和而不幸的年轻女子
about a young, gentle, unhappy woman…
被敲诈逼上绝路的悲惨故事
driven by blackmail to take her own life.
我想您一定立刻闪过一个念头
I think almost at once the idea flashed into your head --
"让他受到惩罚"
"Let him be punished. "
您拿起信和最上面那张用过的吸墨纸
You take up the note, and the top sheet of blotting paper.
下楼生起壁炉的火
Then you go downstairs and light the fire…
把信和吸墨纸一起扔进了火里
and drop both into the flames.
您把烟灰缸拿到楼上
You take the ashtray upstairs to further the illusion
进一步制♥造♥两个人在房♥间里谈话的假象
that there were two people sat up there talking.
您还碰巧发现了
You also have a lucky break.
一片尤斯塔斯少校
You discover a fragment
掉在客厅里的袖口链扣
of Major Eustace's cuff link in the sitting room.
您把链扣也拿上楼
You take that upstairs, too.
使证据更加确凿
You expect that to clinch the matter.
您拿起死者左手里的枪
You take the pistol from her left hand.
擦干净并放回了左手
You wipe it clean and put it back in her left hand.
闩好窗户 锁好房♥门
You bolt the window and lock the door.
这样就不会有人怀疑您改动了现场
There must be no suspicion that you have tampered with the room.
事情的进展也如您所愿
And so it goes on.
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表