毋庸置疑
No doubts about it.
有件事我想问你 波洛
Something I've been meaning to ask you, Poirot.
嗯?
Hmm?
我们开始检查尸体的时候
What was that you were sniffing at in the room
你在房♥间里一个劲地闻什么?
when we first examined the body?
闻哪 闻哪 闻哪
Sniff, sniff, sniff.
-你感冒了吗? -没有
-You got a cold, have you? -No.
我一直认为
I always thought
你脑子特别灵
the little gray cells were in your brain.
别跟我说你的鼻子
Don't tell me your nose cells
也像脑子一样比别人更灵
are superior to everyone else's, too.
那倒不会
By no means.
那只是香烟的味道
It was merely cigarette smoke.
我没闻到烟味
I didn't smell cigarette smoke.
我也没有 我的朋友
No more did I, my friend.
烟灰缸里一共有九个烟头
There were nine cigarette ends in the ashtray,
六根英国烟 三根土耳其烟
six of them gaspers, three Turkish.
一点没错
Exactly.
你不用看你那灵光的鼻子就告诉你了
Your wonderful nose cells knew that without looking, I suppose.
这跟我的鼻子没有一点儿关系
I assure you my nose does not enter into the matter.
我的鼻子什么也没有闻到
My nose registered nothing.
但你的灵光的脑子怎么想?
But the brain cells registered a lot?
只是有一些迹象
Well, there were certain indications.
你同意吗?
Did you not think so?
现在 我们是不是应该
Now, am I wrong,
和迷人的普伦德莱思小姐
or are we going to talk further
进一步谈一谈?
with the beautiful Miss Plenderleith?
对
Yes.
你知道 那间房♥间里似乎少了些什么
You know, there was something missing from that room,
警长
Chief Inspector…
但又似乎加上了点什么 依我看
but also something added, I think.
你知道我担心的是什么吗 波洛?
You know what's worrying me, Poirot?
知道
Yes.
知道? 你指什么?
"Yes"? What do you mean, "yes"?
昨天我看到你
I saw you looking
注视着艾伦太太支票本的存根
at Mrs. Allen's checkbook stubs yesterday.
你绝顶聪明 波洛 不愧是大名鼎鼎的侦探
You're too clever for your own good, you are, Poirot.
你和我都注意到了
And you noticed, as I did,
艾伦太太星期一早晨刚从银行
that Mrs. Allen drew out £200 in cash from her bank
取了200英镑
on Monday morning.
三个月以前 8月6日 也取了200英镑
And three months ago, on the 6th of August, another £200.
-是吗? -是的
-Truly? -Truly.
但是在房♥子里我的人没有找到这些钱
And there's no £200 in this house that my lads could find.
普伦德莱思小姐
I'm afraid, Miss Plenderleith,
恐怕我们不能再把这个案子看成是自杀了
that we are no longer treating this as a case of suicide.
不是自杀?
Not suicide?
您瞧 既然您的朋友
You see, being as how your friend
一点自杀的
was in no way, shape, or form
迹象都没有
likely to commit suicide,
我们必须考虑另一种可能 谋杀
we have to consider the alternative -- murder.
谋杀?
Murder?
您肯定?
Are you sure?
太可怕了
How horrible.
可怕 也许吧 小姐 但是不可能吗?
Horrible, perhaps, mademoiselle, but impossible?
我想有可能
I suppose it's possible.
如果是谋杀 那就一定涉及动机
And if there was a murder, there would have to be a motive.
你们可以问我任何问题
Ask me any questions you like.
虽然不一定帮得上忙
But I don't see how I can help you.
星期一晚上 有人去找过艾伦太太
On Monday night, Mrs. Allen had a visitor.
目击者称此人45岁左右 军人模样
He's described as a man of 45, military bearing,
留着牙刷似的小胡子 衣着讲究
toothbrush mustache, smartly dressed,
开标准燕子轿车
and driving a Standard Swallow Saloon car.
你能想到是谁吗?
Do you know who that is?
听起来像尤斯塔斯少校
It sounds like Major Eustace.
谁是尤斯塔斯少校?
Who's Major Eustace?
芭芭拉在印度认识的人
He was a man Barbara had known in India.
大概一年前出现的
He turned up about a year ago,
和我们陆续见过几面
and we've seen him on and off since.
他是艾伦太太的朋友?
He was a friend of Mrs. Allen's?
举止上像
He behaved like one.
普伦德莱思小姐 如果我说
Would it surprise you, Miss Plenderleith,
此人正在敲诈艾伦太太 您会觉得吃惊吗?
if I suggested that this man was blackmailing Mrs. Allen?
当然了
Of course!
就是这样
So that was it.
一定是这样
Of course!
您觉得这个假设说得通吗 小姐?
You find the suggestion feasible, mademoiselle?
我真傻之前没看出来
I was a fool not to think of it.
哦 芭芭拉要是早点告诉我
Oh, I wish she'd told me.
我就会让尤斯塔斯见鬼去
I'd have told him to go to the devil.
不过他也许没有去见鬼
But he might have gone,
而是去见了拉弗顿-韦斯特先生呢?
might he not, to Mr. Laverton West?
是的
Yes.
是这样
Yes, that's true.
您觉得艾伦太太
Which room do you think
会在哪间房♥间接待客人?
Mrs. Allen would have received her visitor in?
哦 估计就是这间
Oh, probably in here.
另外
On the other hand,
如果她想开张支票或写点什么东西
if she wanted to write a check or anything of that kind,
她可能会把客人带上楼
she'd probably take him upstairs.
支票簿没有问题
There's no question of a check.
星期一艾伦太太从银行取了200英镑现金
Mrs. Allen drew out £200 in cash on Monday.
我们在房♥子里至今没找到
So far, we've not been able to find any trace of it
那些钱
in the house.
但我还想再在屋子里查看一下
But I'd like to have just one more look 'round, if I may.
尽管查看吧
Look anywhere you like.
谢谢
Thank you.
您愿意坐一会儿吗
Would you like to sit down?
谢谢
Thank you.
抽烟吗?
Cigarette?
好的 非常感谢
You are most kind.
普伦德莱思小姐 楼梯下的这间储藏室
This cupboard under the stairs, Miss Plenderleith.
门锁着
It's locked.
是的 我发现了
Yes, I've already found that out.
能把钥匙给我吗?
Could I have the key, please?
呃 我不清楚钥匙放哪了
Um… l don't know where it is.
噢 那太糟了
Oh. That's too bad.
不得不撬锁了
Don't want to have to break the lock.
别
No.
可能放楼上了
Um… it might be upstairs.
找到钥匙了
I managed to find it.
好的
Good.
我们总是把它锁着
We keep it locked.
否则 雨伞之类的东西
Otherwise, one's umbrellas and things
容易被人拿走
have a habit of getting pinched.
聪明的做法
Very sensible. Right.
那是我的
That's mine.
《业余摄影师》
我昨天上午带回来的
It came back with me yesterday morning,
不会有什么值得看的
so there can't be anything there.
保险起见还是打开看一下
Just as well to be on the safe side.
没什么异样
Nothing much there.
不会有什么的 不是吗?
No, well, there couldn't have been, could there?
很抱歉再次打扰您 议员先生
Sorry to bother you again, Mr. Laverton West.
不能等等吗?
Couldn't it have waited?
这种询问常常是不方便的
This sort of inquiry is often inconvenient, sir.
我不管方便不方便 告诉我结果就行
I don't mind the inconvenience if I see the results.
警长先生 您查出
Have you any idea yet, Chief Inspector,
艾伦太太自杀的原因了吗?
what caused Mrs. Allen to take her own life?
这样说也许更好理解些 先生
Well, perhaps it will be more understandable, sir,
这个案子不是自杀 而是谋杀
if I tell you that it was not suicide, but murder.
你说什么?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表