信中这两个叫厄斯特和克洛切特的律师是谁?
Who was these lawyers,Hearst and Crotchet?
来自墨尔本市文特沃斯大街127号♥?
127 Wentworth Way, Melbourne?
其中一个近在眼前 邓恩小姐
Well, one of them is right here, Miss Dunn.
"本杰明·克洛切特
"Benjamin Crotchet.
法律顾问"
Attorney-at-law."
我希望这能消除你可能的疑虑
I hope that allays your very understandable fears.
是的 先生
Oh, yes, indeed, sir.
我不是有意怀疑你
I didn't mean to doubt you.
那好 邓恩小姐 我们谈正事
Now, Miss Dunn, to business.
我得先告诉你那房♥子在凯西克
I do have to tell you that the house is in Keswick.
那个地方离阿克顿不远吧?
[阿克顿: 伦敦西部的一个区]
That's just over by Acton,isn't it, sir?
不 相当远 在英格兰北部 卡莱尔附近
No, Miss Dunn. It's in the north of England, near Carlisle.
我的天哪
Oh, my good God.
除了我们刚才所说的那些特殊困难之外
But before we confront that particular difficulty,
你还需要满足
there is one other stipulation
另一项特殊的条款
that we should get out of the way.
是什么 先生?
What ever is that, sir?
这一条看起来不是很重要
Well, it's of no importance,
因为它并不适用于你目前的情况 谢天谢地
as it doesn't apply in this case, thank heaven.
这一条款说的是
It's just a stipulation
你不能当别人家的仆人
that you should not be in domestic service.
噢
Oh.
有什么问题吗 邓恩小姐?
What ever is the matter,Miss Dunn?
我是个厨子 先生
I am a cook, sir.
托德家的人没跟你提起过吗?
Didn't they tell you at the house?
对不起 我不知道 邓恩小姐
My dear Miss Dunn,I had no idea.
这太不幸了
This is very unfortunate.
那我得不到钱了?
Will I have to lose the money,sir?
还有那所房♥子 是吗 先生?
And the house, sir?
虽然有点儿远
It sounds ever so nice,
但这笔遗产听上去确实很不错
even if it is a bitout of the way.
我相信我有办法解决
I believe I have it.
我们律师总有一些办法
We lawyers always know a thing or two.
办法就是你必须辞掉这份工作
The way out here is for you to have left your employment
在我们见面之前
before we met.
可我们已经见面了而且我没辞工作
But we have met, sir,and I haven't.
– 没辞吗?– 没有
– Haven't you?– No.
到底有没有 邓恩小姐?
Haven't you, Miss Dunn?
没有
No.
我懂了
Oh, I see.
是的 我已经辞了
Yes.
你今天早上已经把工作辞了
You left your employment this morning, did you not,
在我们见面之前
before we met.
是的 我记起来了
Yes, I remember now.
我确实辞了
I did, as a matter of fact.
这就对了
There.
现在 必须让你
Now, it is imperative
在明天中午之前住进那所房♥子
that you take possession of the house by noon tomorrow.
为此
In order to do that,
你必须赶上国王十字车站出发的晚班火车
you must catch the night train from King's Cross.
哦
Oh!
出发吧 邓恩小姐
Come along, Miss Dunn.
我可以先给你十英镑作为路费
I can advance you £10 or so for the fare
你可以到火车站给你的雇主写封信
and you can write a note to your employer at the station,
我可以亲自给你送去
which I shall personally deliver for you.
一切都像克洛切特先生所告诉你的那样吗?
And was everything as Mr. Crotchet had said?
是的 比那还好
Oh, yes, and more, sir.
那么你的行李呢?
Now, what about your luggage?
你留在艾伯特王子大街88号♥的那些东西在哪?
All the things you had left at 88 Prince Albert Road?
克洛切特把东西都派人送来了 正如他说的那样
Oh, well, Mr. Crotchet sent them on, like he said he would.
但是我所有的行李都用纸包着
But it was all done up in brown paper, like.
我不明白
I don't know.
也许是托德夫人对我的不辞而别不满意
I suppose Mrs. Todd was angry with me,
还有点妒忌我的好运气
and grudged me my bit of luck
不让他用我的箱子装行李
and wouldn't let him have my box.
–可安妮说那箱子已经 –等一会 我的朋友
–But Annie said the trunk was -Later, my friend.
等一会
Later.
但是你说托德夫人从没收到过我的信
But there you said she never got my letter.
怪不得她会怪罪我了
Well, I can't say as I blame her.
我知道了
I see.
谢谢 小姐
Thank you, mademoiselle.
哦
Oh.
就像你说的
There has been, as you say,
关于你箱子的"小麻烦"
a little "muddle"about your trunk,
我会帮你问问托德夫人
which I will straighten out with Mrs. Todd,
要是允许的话
if you will permit.
非常感谢 先生
Oh, thank you very much, sir.
走吧 黑斯廷斯
Come, Hastings.
我们必须以最快的速度赶回伦敦
We must return to London with all possible speed.
你难道没有任何办法联♥系♥上贾普警长吗?
Is there nowhere you can contact Chief Inspector Japp?
那就打电♥话♥到他家去
Then telephone him at his home.
是的 告诉他十万火急
Yes, of the greatest urgency.
告诉他别再找什么戴维斯了
[卡莱尔站]
Tell him he should not be looking for Davis!
[卡莱尔站]
他该找的是辛普森
[卡莱尔站]
He should be looking for Simpson!
别找戴维斯 找辛普森
No, not Davis, but Simpson!
– 谢谢– 谢谢
– Thank you.– Thank you.
为什么要让贾普警长改抓辛普森
Why should Japp want Simpson all of a sudden?
辛普森都干了什么?
What's Simpson supposed to have done?
黑斯廷斯 我的朋友
Hastings, my friend,
你的灰色脑细胞今天没工作 是吗?
the little gray cells are not working today, hein?
它们偷了点懒 是吧?
They take a little vacances,hein?
这个与伊莱扎·邓恩有关 是吗?
It's to do with this Eliza,isn't it?
没有
No.
哦
Oh.
我们从克拉珀姆的厨子那儿
We have moved beyond the petty sphere
已经没什么可查的了 黑斯廷斯
of cooks from Clapham, Hastings.
那就是跟那个澳大利亚律师有关?
Then, it's something to do
with this Australian fellow?
根本没有什么澳大利亚律师
There is no Australian fellow.
怎么会呢 她亲口说的
Yes, there is.She told us about him.
你还记得我们去问候辛普森吗?
Do you remember when we interviewed Simpson?
问候辛普森?
Interviewed Simpson?
不记得了
No.
在他的小房♥间里 克拉珀姆的那座公♥寓♥
In his little room, at the house in Clapham.
想起来了 那个房♥客
Oh, right.The lodger, yes.
你还记不记得我问过他
Do you remember I asked him
业余时间是不是爱演戏?
if he took an interestin amateur theatricals?
记得 是有这么回事
Yes, I do, as a matter of fact.
知道我为什么这样问他吗?
Why do you think I asked him that?
为什么?
Why?
不过是随便聊聊吧 我想
Well, making conversation,I suppose.
我之所以那样问
I asked him that
是因为我发现他最近在戴假胡子
because he had recently been wearing a false beard.
有一圈淡淡的胶水痕迹 就在他的
He had a tiny trace of gum Arabic in his…
怎么叫来着?
What do you call it here?
鬓角
Sideburn.
鬓角 对
Sideburn, yes.
明白了吗?
Do you see?
哦 是的
Oh, right.Yes.
好
Bon.
那个澳大利亚人就是戴着假胡子的辛普森
The Australian was Simpson in a false beard.
嘿
Hey!
[ Doorbell rings ]
你是谁?
Who are you?
我是赫尔克里·波洛
I am Hercule Poirot.
你是谁?
Who are you?
长官 门口有位法国绅士
Sarge, there's some French gent at the door.
不不不 我不是什么"法国绅士"
No, no, no, no, no, I am not some "French gent. "
我是比利时的绅士
I am some Belgian gent.
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表