He didn't even know Mrs. Grant.
他为什么要杀她呢?
Why should he want to kill her?
吉米 在我告诉你之前
Jimmy, before I tell you,
请允许我问你一个问题
allow me to ask you a question.
一个纯属个人隐私的问题
It is a most personal one.
你是否爱上了帕特丽夏小姐?
Are you in love with Mlle. Patricia?
噢 好了 好了 不必害羞
Oh, come on, come on, come on. Don't be shy.
如果我是你这年龄 先生
If I were your age, monsieur,
毋庸置疑 我也会爱上她的
without doubt, I, too, would be in love with her.
哦 是的 事实上 我该死的喜欢上了帕特
Well, yes, as a matter of fact, I care for Pat damnably,
可她理所当然的与多诺万订了婚
but of course she's engaged to Donovan.
哦 一旦人们知道他的事情她就会需要你了
Well, she will need you once his trouble is known.
此话怎讲?
How do you mean?
这案子一旦公开 吉米
Once this case becomes public, Jimmy,
她的名字将很难
it will be very difficult
避免不被提及
to keep her name out of it entirely.
要知道 帕特里夏小姐就是这起谋杀案的动机
You see, Mlle. Patricia was the motive for the murder.
波罗!
Poirot!
快来!
Vite!
波罗 他逃走了!
Poirot, he's made a dash for it!
警官 抓住电梯里的那个人 快点
Constable, stop that man in the lift. Hurry.
你也去 吉米
And you, Jimmy.
哦 看来他不是从这儿逃走的 先生
Well, there's not a sign of him out there, sir.
那就太怪了 他不可能逃远的
That's dashed odd. He can't have got far.
啊 你的朋友不是傻瓜 福克纳先生
Ah, your friend is not a fool, Mr. Faulkner.
他按了电梯里的按钮
He presses the button inside the lift,
可自己没有乘--就这样
but does not descend himself --voilà.
快点--地下室!
Quick -- the basement!
他在下面
He's down there.
不在这里
Nothing here.
我们听见的一定是别的什么声音 波罗先生
Must have been something else we heard, Mr. Poirot.
我想我们最好还是回楼上去吧
I think we'd better go back upstairs, eh?
不在后面吗 先生?
Nothing around the back, sir?
什么也没有
Not a thing.
他就这样消失了 彻底消失了
He just disappeared, disappeared altogether.
人类是不会消失于空气中的 我的朋友
Grown men do not vanish into thin air, mon ami.
哦 他就会
Well, he did.
不!
No!
噢 我的天呐! 多诺万!
Oh, my God, Donovan!
贝利先生! 贝利先生!
Mr. Bailey! Mr. Bailey!
我想我还是去叫辆救护车吧 先生
I'd better call an ambulance, sir, I think.
他伤得重吗?
Is he badly hurt?
噢 上帝啊!
Oh, my God.
前车轴刚好向右偏了些
That front axle's just sheered right through.
噢 我可怜的黑斯廷斯
Oh, mon pauvre Hastings.
你可不能穷思苦想喔
But you must not brood.
你必须使自己行动起来 嗯?
You must occupy yourself, eh?
去打个电♥话♥给贾普总督察
Go and telephone the Chief Inspector Japp
告诉他我们已经捕到鱼了
and tell him we have caught his fish, eh?
多诺万出什么事了?
What's happened to Donovan?
它需要一个全新的车头了
It'll need a whole new front end.
贝利先生 请把你刚才从桌上取走的信交给我
Mr. Bailey, please give me the letter
you have just taken from the table.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, monsieur.
吉米 劳驾
Jimmy, be so kind
为我们读一下这封写给格兰特夫人的信
as to read us this letter written to Mrs. Grant.
哦 看样子是律师寄来的
Well, it looks as if it comes from a solicitor's.
“尊敬的女士 我们将您寄给我们的文件还给您
"Dear Madam, we return the
document you forwarded to us.
文件相当规范
It is quite in order,
而于国外结婚的事实
and the fact of the marriage having taken place abroad
在任何方面看来是不能否认的
does not invalidate it in any way.
敬上” 等等
Yours truly," et cetera, et cetera.
吉米 你问我为什么是格兰特夫人 呃?
So, Jimmy, you ask why Mrs. Grant, huh?
那好吧--瞧
Et bien -- voilà.
一份多诺万·格兰特与欧内斯廷·
崔普肖的结婚证书 日期是1930年
The marriage certificate between Donovan
Grant and Ernestine Trapshaw, dated 1930.
多诺万·格兰特是谁?
Who's Donovan Grant?
他如今称自己为多诺万·贝利
He now calls himself Donovan Bailey.
我想要离婚
I wanted a divorce.
我求过欧内斯廷
I begged Ernestine,
可她拒绝了
but she refused,
说她绝不会让我获得自♥由♥
said she'd never let me free.
自我爱上帕特以后 欧内斯廷就开始缠着我
After I fell in love with Pat,
Ernestine started hounding me,
每天打我电♥话♥ 威胁我
telephoned me every day, held it over me,
说要告诉帕特一切
threatening to tell Pat everything.
逼得我快疯了
Drove me mad.
后来她突然宣布要住进这儿的公♥寓♥
And she suddenly announced she'd taken a flat here,
就在帕特楼下
right underneath Pat's.
我简直难以置信
I couldn't believe it.
那时 我意识到她已疯得会干出任何事来
By then, I knew she was crazy enough to do anything.
那么 昨天发生什么事了 先生?
So, what happened yesterday, monsieur?
欧内斯廷下午打电♥话♥给我...
Ernestine called me in the afternoon...
...说她给帕特写了信
...said she'd written to Pat
想与她见面并告诉她我们之间的真♥相♥
to arrange to see her to tell her the truth about us.
我自然做好了最坏的打算
Well, I naturally assumed the worst.
我知道我不得不做一件事以绝后患
I knew I had to do something once and for all.
我大约6点左右摁响了她公♥寓♥的门铃
I called around to her flat around about 6:00.
噢 是你啊
Oh, it's you.
你还是进来的好
You'd better come in.
来点吗?
Drink?
你没有丝毫权利去纠缠帕特
You've absolutely no right to go hounding Pat.
我可没缠她 亲爱的
But I'm not hounding her, my darling.
我无非是想告诉她你是个多么坏的无赖
I'm simply telling her what a rotten bounder you are,
在你已经娶了我后还答应要娶她
promising to marry her when
you're already married to me.
我们是在瑞士结的婚 欧内斯廷 要是你还记得
We got married in Switzerland,
Ernestine, if you remember.
这在英国是不作数的
It doesn't count under British law.
你已经说过好多遍了
So you keep telling me.
可是我想验证一下你这小小的理论
But I thought I'd test your little theory,
所以我把我们结婚证书的副本寄给了我的律师
so I sent my solicitor a copy
of our marriage certificate.
他来电跟我说那是绝对有效的
He's telephoned me to say it's completely valid.
而且他已给我写了回信证明此事
And he's written back to me to confirm it.
给我看
Show me.
我还没收到他的来信
I haven't received his letter yet.
晚上就会寄来的 我估计
It'll arrive in the evening post, I expect.
对可怜的马修斯小姐来说这将是一个不小的打击
It's going to be quite a shock for poor Miss Matthews.
我警告你 欧内斯廷
I'm warning you, Ernestine,
要是你敢靠近帕特 上帝作证 我会杀了你
if you approach Pat, so help me God, I'll kill you.
我发誓
I swear it.
噢 多诺万
Oh, Donovan.
别引我笑了
Don't make me laugh.
马上离开这里 试着吓唬别人去吧 好吗?
Now, run along and try and
impress somebody else, will you?
可怜的马修斯小姐
Poor Miss Matthews.
你真的要让她伤心了 多诺万
You really have let her down, Donovan.
你们看 我警告过她
I warned her, you see.
可她就是不听
But she wouldn't listen.
然后 我就回家换了身去剧院的衣服
Afterwards, I went back home
and changed for the theater.
我不能让她这样伤害帕特 对吗?
I couldn't let her hurt Pat like that, could I?
啊 我亲爱的总督察
Ah, my dear Chief Inspector.
我已竭尽全力赶来了 波罗
I came as fast as I could, Poirot.
不不 我的朋友 你来的正是时候
No, no, my friend, you came just in time.
案件结束了
The case is closed.
吉米 去陪陪帕特里夏小姐
Jimmy, go to Mlle. Patricia.
她不需要我
She doesn't want me.
她需要他
She wants him.
不不不 我的朋友 她需要你
No, no, no, no, no, mon ami. She needs you.
去吧 到她身边去
Go on. Go to her.
绞刑对某些人来说太仁慈了
Hanging's too good for some people.
大致来说 黑斯廷斯 你现在看到的
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表