It was dreadful.
可怕极了
Utterly dreadful.
你们还是知道的好 瑞德布恩他要挟我
You might as well know Reedburn was blackmailing me.
我不能告诉你们原因 也请你们别问
I can't tell you why, so please don't ask me,
可是为了保罗 也为了我们俩
but for Paul's sake, for both our sakes,
我想向他让步
I tried to come to terms with him.
我的上帝 对他的死我不会觉得遗憾
Dear God, I can't say I'm sorry he's dead.
可是相信我 我没有杀他
But believe me, I didn't kill him.
我发誓
I swear it.
只要告诉我发生了什么就行 我亲爱的小姐
Just tell me what happened, my dear lady.
我答应昨晚去见他
I agreed to meet him last night.
我有点绝望 你能理解的
I was desperate, you understand.
上星期 他逼我
Well, last week, he forced me
和电影公♥司♥又签了三年合同
to sign another three-year contract with the studio.
可他要的还不止这些
But he wanted still more.
不止?
More?
他说他已经爱上了我
He said he was in love with me.
我没必要告诉你们他想要什么
I don't need to tell you what he was after.
我简直走投无路了
I could see no way out.
他叫我昨晚十点差一刻到他公♥寓♥的
He asked me to meet him last night in the library
图书室见面
at a quarter to 10:00.
勇敢些 小姐
Courage, mademoiselle.
我进去时 里面好像没人
When I entered, it appeared to be empty.
然后 我就看见...在窗边--有具尸体躺在地上
Then I saw it...by the window--the body on the floor.
使我害怕的是 我意识到那就是瑞德布恩
To my horror, I realized it was Reedburn.
我一眼就看出他已经死了
I could tell at once he was dead.
我正要喊出声时 突然觉得周围好像有什么东西
I was about to call out when something made me look 'round.
我看到在房♥间另一侧的窗帘猛地抽动了一下
A curtain twitched on the other side of the room,
吓得我心跳也没了
and my heart stopped.
在窗帘底部
At the foot of the curtain,
我很清楚地看到了一双脚
I could clearly see a pair of feet.
有人在那里!
Someone was there.
我的上帝! 当时我能想到的就是赶紧跑开 波罗先生
My God, all I could think of was getting away, M. Poirot.
我-我看见了黑暗里这所房♥子散出的灯光
I-I saw the lights of this house in the darkness,
然后我就一个劲地跑 一直跑到这里
and I just kept on running u-until I got here.
那肯定是非常恐怖的一幕 小姐
It must have been a great shock, mademoiselle.
不过告诉我 你发现尸体时的那扇窗户
But tell me, the window where you found the body,
是在图书室的后面
it was at the back of the library,
能看见花♥园♥的那扇 是吗?
overlooking the garden, yes?
是的
Yes.
那扇窗户的窗帘当时什么样子?
How was the curtain on this window?
阖上的?
Shut?
不 敞开着
No. It was drawn back.
那其它的窗户呢?
And on the other windows?
我-我想别的窗帘都是阖上的
I-I think all the other curtains were closed.
那么那双脚
And this pair of feet,
是男的还是女的 你看得出吗?
it was a man or a woman, would you say?
噢 是男人的 我肯定
Oh, a man, I'm sure.
嗯?
Hmm?
那是双靴子 不是鞋
Well, they were boots rather than shoes.
像是平头钉靴子 又旧又脏的
Like hobnail boots, only very worn and dirty.
我知道了
I see.
请原谅 先生
Begging your pardon, sir.
奥戈兰德太太想和您说几句话
Mrs. Oglander would like a word with you,
不介意的话 请你们去画室等一会儿
if you wouldn't mind waiting for a while in the drawing room.
不不不 一定去
No, no, no. By all means.
哦 奥戈兰德小姐该出黑桃三
Well, Mlle. Oglander should have bid three spades,
而不是叫无将
not one no trump.
上帝
Dieu.
[ 法语 ]
[ Whispering in French ]
这里只有51张牌
There are only 51 cards here.
有一张牌不见了
There is one card missing.
我的上帝! 不过理应如此
Mon Dieu. But of course.
[ 法语 ]
[ Whispering in French ]
黑斯廷斯 一切都好解释了
Hastings, this explains everything.
这里少了张梅花K
There is no king of clubs.
非常感谢你们的等待 先生们
Thank you very much for waiting, gentlemen.
夫人
Madame.
我想能不能请你们帮我一个小忙 波罗先生
I wonder if I might ask a small favor of you, Mr. Poirot.
很乐意为您效劳 太太
I am at your service, madame.
哦 你看 我丈夫身体不太好
Well, you see, my husband is not a well man,
而我怕如果给新闻界知道
and I'm terrified that if the newspapers
辛克莱尔小姐住在我们这儿的话
get hold of the fact that Miss Saintclair is staying here,
我们一家就不得太平了
we shall have no peace.
我能否请求你对这个消息保密 波罗先生?
Can I therefore rely on your discretion, Mr. Poirot?
我对辛克莱尔小姐一无所知
I have not seen or heard of Mlle. Saintclair.
您大可放心 夫人
You may rest assured, madame.
非常感谢你 太谢谢了
Thank you so much. I'm so grateful.
我可否问您一件事 夫人?
May I please ask you something, madame?
是你们中的哪一位首先看到窗外的辛克莱尔小姐?
Which of you first noticed Mlle. Saintclair at the window?
哦 这真的很难讲
Well, it's difficult to say, really.
外面的声音让我们都分了神
The commotion distracted us all.
但是从您坐的方位应该很清楚地看见她
But you could see her clearly from your seat.
哦 是的 我是面窗而坐
Oh, yes, indeed. I was facing the window.
可能是我打牌太专注了
I was probably engrossed in the game.
在桥牌上恐怕我是没什么天份
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to bridge.
你一定是心里有底了 波罗
You're onto something, Poirot.
要是我就会憋不住说出来
I'm dashed if I know what.
耐心点 我的朋友
Patience, my friend.
好 让他排入队列
All right, get him in line.
好了 好了 你们不必害怕
All right, all right, none of your half looks.
把鞋子都脱了
Just get them off.
这是一次非常严肃的检查
This is a serious inquiry.
把他们的名字写上标签
Get their names on the labels,
然后把你们的靴子交给警官
then give your boots to the constable.
什么?
What?
你们会拿回靴子的 不用担心
You'll get them back. Don't worry.
这些靴子是拿去给一个电影明星看的
They're going to be looked at by a film star.
愿上帝保佑她
God help her.
知道吗 波罗 这种现代艺术总有些地方
You know, Poirot, there's a bit more to this modern art
是超乎你想象的
than you might think.
这并不是说他们自己也不知道他们在做什么
It isn't just that they don't know what they're doing,
虽然看起来像是这么回事
even if it might look like it.
这就是最令人不快的地方 黑斯廷斯
This is most unpleasant, Hastings.
我的一个朋友曾告诉我 他们所追求的
A pal of mine was telling me that what they're trying to do
就是在同一层面中包涵多种内容
is to show all the sides at the same time
以免被我们轻易看穿
to save us the trouble of walking 'round the back.
从某种程度上说这是个相当聪明的创意
It's quite a clever idea, in a way.
我是说 打个譬方 就拿这家伙来说
I mean, take this fellow, for instance.
我是说 这一部分可能就同时包括了他的前胸和后背
I mean, that bit might be his front and his back, as well,
如果你懂我意思的话
if you get my meaning.
这真的非常科学
It's all quite scientific, really.
但问题是
The trouble is, most of the time,
由于酒精和毒品 他们大部分时间处于半疯状态
they're half mad with booze and drugs,
所以他们看出的事物并不靠谱
so what they see isn't all that reliable.
这就是所谓的艺术气质 而这就是问题之所在
It's the artistic temperament. That's the problem.
你发现了什么吗?
What have you got there?
噢 布尼 你来这儿干嘛?
Oh, Bunny. What are you doing here?
是来找你和波罗先生的
Looking for you and M. Poirot, actually.
保罗王子说你们在这里
Prince Paul said you'd be here.
怎么了?
What's up?
哦 也许这不算什么要紧事
Well, look, it may be nothing important.
当我昨晚从这里开车回去时
When I was driving back from here last night,
我差点儿就撞到了拉尔夫·沃尔顿
I nearly ran straight into Ralphie Walton
他从路的另一侧开过来
coming the other way.
开得就像个疯和尚舞醉拳一般
Swerving around like some mad dervish, he was.
那么你认为他是来找瑞德布恩先生
So you think he was coming here to see M. Reedburn,
意图报复?
intent on revenge?
我不清楚
I don't know.
可他明显不像是来做常规式拜访的
He certainly didn't look like a man paying a social visit.
他不♥穿♥平头钉靴子吧 是吗?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表