Certainly.
毋庸置疑
Hmm.
哼
M. Carlile, before I went for my promenade in the garden,
卡莱尔先生 我去花♥园♥散步之前
you volunteered to get the papers ready in here?
您亲自在房♥间里准备文件 对吗?
Yes.
是的
And shortly after that,
在那之后不久
everyone else went upstairs to prepare for the bed?
其他人都上楼准备睡觉了?
I presume so. I don't know.
我设想是这样 但不能肯定
Yes, they did.
是的 他们都上楼了
Mrs. Vanderlyn came down again.
范德林太太下来过
Indeed?
真的?
That's right. She'd forgotten her bag.
是的 她把包忘在客厅了
Ah. The old gasp, huh?
啊 "老花架"了 是吗?
Uh, no. Pardon.
不 请原谅
The old wheeze --
是"老花招"了
to return for something you say you had forgotten.
故意忘记 再借口回来拿
Quite.
没错
M. Carlile,
卡莱尔先生
after you had opened the safe and got out the papers,
在您打开保险柜拿出文件后
did you leave the study again, even for a moment?
离开过这间房♥间吗? 哪怕只是一小会儿?
No, not for a second.
没有 一秒钟也没有
So, everyone else was upstairs preparing for the bed,
那么 其他人都在楼上准备上♥床♥睡觉
except Mrs. Vanderlyn, who came down for her bag.
只有范德林太太下楼拿包
And yet the plans are stolen.
图纸还是被偷了
M. Carlile,
卡莱尔先生
do you still want to say you did not leave the study?
您仍旧坚持说您从没离开过吗?
I don't know what all this is about, Poirot.
我不懂您的意思 波洛
Carlile has been my confidential secretary
卡莱尔担任我的机要秘书
for nine years.
已经九年了
He has access to all my private papers.
他有权接触到我所有的私人文件
He could have made a copy of that sheet anytime he liked
如果愿意 他可以随时复♥制♥一份图纸
with no one being any the wiser.
无需任何聪明人的帮助
Why would he need to stage a rather clumsy robbery?
他为何要演出这样一场笨拙的盗窃呢?
Thank you, Mr. Mayfield.
谢谢 梅菲尔德先生
If M. Poirot has any suspicions,
要是波洛先生真的怀疑我
I should like all my belongings searched.
我愿意接受彻底的搜查
No, no, no, no, no.
不不不 不要误会
M. Carlile, I cast not the aspersions.
卡莱尔先生 我没有要诽谤您的意思
It is a small problem, merely,
这仅仅是一个小问题
but a problem that will agitate the little gray cells
但已足以 把我的灰色小细胞搅得
most adequately.
不得安宁了
With Carlile on guard all the time,
有卡莱尔一直在屋里守着
I don't see how anyone could get into that room.
我看不出别人有什么办法混进房♥间
Yes, well, it is no use
表面上看是这样
running to conclusions, M. Mayfield.
但现在下结论还太早 梅菲尔德先生
It is from there that you saw Mrs. Vanderlyn in here.
您二位看到范德林太太进屋的时候就站在那儿
A little further back, I think.
还要再后面一些 我想
From where I was in the garden,
我当时站在花♥园♥里
I could see that the dining room was in darkness.
看见客厅是一片漆黑
But it would have been quite possible
那么很有可能是有人
for someone to use those doors to get out onto the terrace
从某扇门穿出去 来到露台上
and, from there, into the study.
再从露台进到书房♥里
I told you I thought I saw something!
我跟你说过 我看到有人穿过去了
By George, you did. There!
乔治爵士看到的 这就对了
Across the lawn to a waiting car.
穿过草坪 钻进一辆等候的车子
He'll be miles away by now.
窃贼早跑出十万八千里了
No, no, no, no, no.
不不不
The one way through the garden
穿过花♥园♥的路只有一条
would have taken him directly past me.
要是那样 他一定会从我身边经过的
Uh, what's going on?
呃 出什么事了?
Get back to bed, Reggie.
回去睡觉 雷基
Hmm.
哼
So, an interesting situation.
现在的情势很微妙
The only person who could possibly have stolen
唯一可能偷走重要文件的人
those most important papers is one of us.
应该还在我们中间
Or Mrs. Vanderlyn.
或者就是范德林太太
Evening, Mr. Mayfield. Sir George. Poirot.
晚上好 梅菲尔德先生 乔治爵士 波洛
What's all this, then, about a theft?
盗窃案什么情况?
A very important secret paper
有人从我的书房♥偷走了
has been stolen from my study, Chief Inspector.
一份机密要件 总督察
Right, lads, fan out.
好了 伙计们 都散开
Whittaker, take the north end of the house,
惠特克 你负责屋子北头
Dobson, the upstairs landing, Biels, the servants' quarters.
多布森 二楼楼梯平台 毕尔斯 仆人们的房♥间
It is not, perhaps, as simple as that, mon ami.
事情没那么简单 我的朋友
Whoever stole this paper
不管是谁偷的
will not leave it lying around where we will find it.
肯定不会藏在我们找得到的地方
Leave this to the professionals, Poirot.
交给专家来办吧 波洛
Missing documents are an everyday occurrence to my lads.
寻找失踪的文件对我的人是家常便饭
I'll bet.
赌什么?
And who might you be?
您又是哪位?
His son.
他儿子
I thought I told you to go to bed!
我不是叫你上♥床♥睡觉吗
Sorry, Chief Inspector.
对不起 总督察
It's all perfectly simple, really.
事情很简单 真的
You see, we know who stole those papers.
您看 我们知道是谁偷的
Indeed?
是吗?
Uh, George, I do wish --
嗯 乔治 我真心认为...
A guest in this house -- a Mrs. Vanderlyn.
是一位客人 范德林太太
Really? Well...
真的? 呃...
So, I suggest we get straight up there and --
我建议我们直接上去找她
Pardon me for asking, sir,
请原谅我问一句 爵士
but how, precisely, do we know this Mrs., uh...
您为什么一口咬定是这位范...
Vanderlyn.
范德林
Can't go into details now. Matter of national security.
说来话长 事关国家安危
All you've got to do George.
您只需... –乔治
I don't know that this is the right idea.
我认为这不是个好主意
Sorry, Mayfield.
对不起 梅菲尔德
I know it's your house and all that sort of thing,
我知道是在你家 我只是客人
but it's my pigeon now.
但这是我的职责范围
Come on, Japp.
来吧 贾普
Mrs. Vanderlyn?
范德林太太
What is it?
哪位?
This is Sir George Carrington. I have the police with me.
是我 乔治爵士 警♥察♥和我在一起
What do you want?
你们想干什么?
I'd like you to get dressed, Mrs. Vanderlyn,
请穿好衣服 范德林太太
and accompany me to the local police station.
我需要您跟我去局里走一趟
What are you talking about?
您说什么?
If you'd just get dressed, ma'am.
请穿好衣服 太太
Damned if I will. What for?
我凭什么跟您走?
Some papers have been stolen
有人从梅菲尔德先生的书房♥里
from Mr. Mayfield's study, Mrs. Vanderlyn.
偷走了一些文件 范德林太太
And?
然后呢?
If you could just get dressed, Mrs. Vanderlyn.
请把衣服穿好 范德林太太
Did you plan this, Mr. Mayfield?
是您策划的吧 梅菲尔德先生?
I'll get dressed.
我这就穿衣服
You'll join us at the station, Mr. Mayfield?
您一起来吗 梅菲尔德先生?
It must be here. It must be.
一定在屋里 一定在
Where's she hidden it, Poirot?
她能藏哪儿呢 波洛?
You're used to this sort of thing.
您一定很有经验
She's got it with her. That's what it is.
她肯定随身带着
They'll find it when they search her.
搜身的时候会找出来的
Let's imagine you're a woman, Poirot.
假设您是个女人 波洛
By all means, Sir George, if it will help you.
如果能帮上忙 您尽管假设吧 乔治爵士
Right. You're a woman.
好 您是个女人
You're in a strange household. You steal some papers.
您在陌生人家里 偷了一些文件
Where do you hide them?
会藏在哪?
Sir George, there is one thing in all this
乔治爵士 有件事
that I do not understand.
我一直不明白
Keep going.
请说
I demonstrated, quite cogently, I think,
经过反复推理 我认为 就证据上来看
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表