别耍贫嘴 去玩吧
Go on. Clear off.
贾普警长和波洛先生到
Chief Inspector Japp and Mr. Poirot, sir.
两位好
Good day, gentlemen.
是什么让我有幸见到两位?
To what do I owe this pleasure?
恐怕是不幸的事
No great pleasure, sir, I'm afraid.
哦?
Oh?
我们带来了一个坏消息
We've brought some bad news.
但说无妨
Go on.
是关于艾伦太太的 芭芭拉·艾伦太太
It's about Mrs. Allen, Mrs. Barbara Allen.
她怎么了?
What about her?
接着说 先生
Get on with it, man.
她去世了 先生
She's dead, sir.
去世了?
Dead?
我不敢相信
I don't believe it.
发生了什么事?
What's happened?
表面上看是自杀 先生
Apparently suicide, sir.
您知道有什么事困扰着艾伦太太吗?
Was there anything worrying Mrs. Allen, do you know?
什么都没有 我们原本已经订婚了
No, not a thing. We were engaged to be married.
对 确实是这样
Yes, quite so.
我简直不敢相信
I can't believe it.
死了?
Dead?
怎么一回事?
How?
是中弹身亡 先生
Shot, sir.
中弹?
Shot?
天哪 希望报社的人还不知道此事
Good God, I hope the newspapers haven't got ahold of this.
我不敢这么说 先生
I couldn't say, sir.
不知我能否问一下
I wonder if I could just ask --
喂?
Hello?
啊 是的 是的 谢谢
Ah, yes. Yes, thank you.
请稍等 是首相打来的
I'll hold on. It's the prime minister.
我有几个问题 先生
I will have some questions, sir.
跟我家里的秘书约个时间
Just make an appointment with my secretary at the house.
是的 您请继续
Yes, I'm still here.
好的 先生 我们会的
Very good, sir. We'll do that.
很抱歉给您带来如此悲痛的消息
I'm sorry to be the bearer of such bad news.
对不起 先生
Pardon, monsieur.
请允许我对您表示最诚挚的慰问
Allow me to express my deepest sympathy at your loss.
嗯 好的 谢谢
Yes, right, thank you.
嗯 沉着冷静 是我们英国人的风格
Um, stiff upper lip, you know. That's the British way.
真好
Magnifique.
顺便问一句 先生 艾伦太太是左撇子吗?
By the way, sir, was Mrs. Allen left-handed?
左撇子?
Left-handed?
我不这么认为
No, I don't think so.
我好像从没……
Can't say I ever --
不 我确定她是右撇子
No, she was right-handed, I'm sure.
啊 阁下
Ah, Prime Minister.
不 一点也不 阁下
No, not at all, Prime Minister.
是的
Yes.
是的 都准备妥当了
Yes, everything's ready for you.
冷血动物
What a stuffed fish.
绝对的 一个毫无感情的 冷血动物
No, not a stuffed fish. A boiled owl.
如你所说 警长
As you say, Japp.
他的未婚妻死了
More concerned about the newspapers
可他担心的却是报纸上的流言
than his fiancee being dead.
普伦德莱思小姐对他的评价很准
The Plenderleith girl was quite right about him.
插一句 他长得仪表堂堂
Mind you, he's a good-looking chap.
对女士们会有吸引力的
Might go down well with some women.
也许 但碰上喜欢幽默风趣的
Perhaps, but it would not do, I think,
这种人就派不上用场了
for them to have a sense of humor.
重要的是
The important thing is,
似乎大家都认为艾伦太太是右撇子
everyone seems agreed that Mrs. Allen was right-handed.
对的
Yes.
但现在下结论为时太早
Of course, one must not jump to conclusions, mon ami.
离结论还早着呢 波洛
Never mind about jumping to conclusions, Poirot.
我们在调查一起谋杀案
This is a murder we're dealing with.
致布多阁洗衣店
To the Bulldog Breed Laundry --
尊敬的先生们……
Dear sirs…
我不得不……
once again…
又一次……
I am obliged…
以写信的方式……
to communicate to you…
来表达我对你们……
the dissatisfaction I have…
衣领上浆的……
… for your starching…
极端不满和抱怨
of my collars.
我是从……
I refer…
1935年3月2日……
to my instructions of
就开始写信的……
the 2nd of March, 1935,
接着又写了几封
and subsequent letters.
查一下记录 莱蒙小姐
And you look them up in the file, Miss Lemon,
把它们都找出来出来
and enumerate them.
所有的吗 波洛先生?
All of them, Mr. Poirot?
所有的 莱蒙小姐
All of them, Miss Lemon.
事态变严重了
It has become serious.
问题在于 波洛先生
The trouble is, Mr. Poirot,
他们看不懂您的信件
they just don't understand the letters.
为什么?
Why not?
他们是中国人 波洛先生
They're Chinese, Mr. Poirot.
布多阁洗衣店是中国人开的?
The Bulldog Breed Laundry is Chinese?
是的 波洛先生.
Yes, Mr. Poirot.
怎么会这样 莱蒙小姐?
What is the world coming to, Miss Lemon?
说实话我也不知道 先生
I'm sure I couldn't say, sir,
每次那小伙子送衣服来时
but when the boy brings your laundry back,
都把信一块儿带着 让我解释给他听
he brings the letters back, too, for me to explain to him.
解释了吗?
And you do?
没有
No.
为什么?
Why not?
我不会说中国话
I don't speak Chinese.
那你说了什么?
So, what do you say to him?
呃 我说 "他衣领不很好 上浆"
Well, I -- I say, "Him collar no velly good, starchy."
我指着衣领跟他说的
I show him the collars and say it.
黑斯廷斯 我的朋友
Hastings, my friend,
你在中国呆过几年 是不是?
you spent some years in China, did you not?
哦 对的 全是好人 一群善良的人
Oh, absolutely. Fine fellows, fine fellows.
你从没碰上洗衣服的麻烦吗?
Did you ever have any trouble with your laundry?
碰到过 不瞒你说
Yes, I did, as a matter of fact.
你当时怎么跟他们沟通的?
And what did you say to them?
呃 我告诉他们 "他衣领不很好 上浆"
Well, I said, "Him collar no velly good, starchy. "
我跟上尉学的 先生
That's where I got it from, sir.
我问了上尉 知道他去过东方
I asked the captain, knowing he'd been in the East.
但我的衣领变得更糟了 黑斯廷斯
But, Hastings, my collars, they do not get any better.
是啊 我现在想起来了 我的也是
No, mine didn't, either, now I come to think about it.
莱蒙小姐
Miss Lemon.
你为什么不搞几件翻领的衣服穿穿呢 波洛?
Why don't you get yourself some turned-down collars, Poirot?
说实话 翻领的更方便些
They're much more the thing, you know.
说什么 黑斯廷斯?
"The thing, " Hastings?
你认为那种翻领衣服适合我波洛的风度吗?
Do you think Poirot concerns himself with mere "thingness"?
-噢 不不 -不
-Uh, no, no. -No.
就只当我没说吧 波洛
No, I-I-I see that, Poirot.
那些翻领衣服
The turned-down collar
是脑细胞衰退的第一征兆
is the first symptom of decay of the gray cells.
贾普警长来了 波洛先生
It's Chief Inspector Japp, Mr. Poirot.
她跟此事无关
Well, she's out of it.
早上好 警长先生
Good morning, Chief Inspector Japp.
呃 早上好
Yes, well, good morning.
你说谁和此事无关?
Now, who is out of it?
普伦德莱思小姐
Plenderleith.
她在埃塞克斯打桥牌直到半夜
She was playing bridge in Essex up till midnight.
我们不得不把她
We've got to give up any idea
排除在嫌疑犯之外了
of her being concerned in the business.
真令人沮丧 警长
A disappointment, Japp?
你仍旧认为我们在调查一起谋杀案吗?
You are still convinced we are dealing here with a murder?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表