剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表
那叫寿司
That's called sushi.
不过说真的 我宁死也不吃那玩意
Which, by the way, I will die before I eat.
说到死 你死了之后
Speaking of dying, when you do,
你的车能给我吗
can I have your car?
这不可能啊
This can't be right.
又怎么了
What now?
甘道夫在跃马旅店
In the letter that Gandalf leaves for Frodo
留给佛罗多的信上说 那天是年中日[6月22日]
at The Prancing Pony, he says that it's Mid-year's Day,
夏尔纪年1418年
Shire year 1418.
然而在附录二里 写着甘道夫于6月29日
However, in Appendix B, it says that Gandalf met Radagast
遇到褐袍瑞达加斯特 那是不可能的 因为...
on June 29, which is impossible because...
喂
Hey!
下次丢的就是老娘的鞋子
Next time, it's my shoe.
我还会带上旋
And I will put zip on it.
"住在镇上的男人个子很高"
"The man who lived in the town was tall."
这句话里哪个词是关系代词
Which word is the relative pronoun?
谢尔顿
Sheldon.
你读过《指环王》吗
Have you read The Lord of the Rings?
读过
Um, I have,
但我们现在不是在讨论这个
but that's not what we're really doing right now.
关系代词是"who"
The relative pronoun is "who."
你有没发现在《护戒使者》里
Now, did you notice that in Fellowship,
埃尔隆德说巴拉多的地基
Elrond says that the foundations of Barad-dur
由至尊魔戒所建成
were made with the One Ring?
就当做是吧
Let's say sure.
然而在附录二《纪年传说》中 显然
However, in Appendix B, "The Tale of Years," It's clear that
魔王索伦于第二纪♥元♥1000年开始建造巴拉多
Sauron began building Barad-dûr in Second Age 1000,
那比铸造魔戒还早了600年
600 years before the ring was forged.
小乔治
Georgie.
想象一下跟这奇葩一起生活
Imagine living with this.
每天一小时就够我受的了
An hour a day is enough.
时间线根本说不通啊
The timeline doesn't make sense.
山姆·詹吉的出生年份既有2963
I mean, it lists Samwise Gamgee's birth year as both
也有2980
2963 and 2980.
或许他谎报年龄了
Maybe he lied about his age.
-为什么 -我也不知道 或许
- Why? - I don't know. Maybe he thinks
他认为他的颈纹让他显老
his neck makes him look older than he is.
但他才三十几岁
But he's only in his 30s.
还很年轻
That's young.
谢谢你啦
Thank you.
对霍比特人而言 人类到这岁数就是大妈了
For a hobbit. For a human, that's mommy-age.
谢你全家
Thank you.
当佛罗多和山姆骑马穿过夏尔时
When Frodo and Sam are riding through the Shire,
书里说月亮往西移♥动♥了
the book says the moon went westward,
但根据托尔金创作的历法
but according to the calendar Tolkien created,
当时不应该能看见月亮
there should have been no moon visible.
但在附录里 托尔金辩解道
But in the appendix, Tolkien covers himself
《西界红皮书》的翻译可能有误
by saying there may be mistranslations from the Red Book.
这是小说里的托尔金说的
Fictional Tolkien says that,
但我很想知道 是不是该书作者
but I can't help wondering if real Tolkien,
真正的托尔金犯了这个错
who wrote the book, made the mistake
还是这是小说版托尔金
or if it was an intentional mistake
他根据原始来源翻译出
made by the fictional Tolkien,
这些真实世界的事件时
who translated these real-world events
故意犯的错
from an original source.
妈呀
Oh, no.
别人听我说话时也是这感受吗
Is that how I sound to people?
闺女 你想玩投球吗
Hey! You want to throw the ball around?
不要 走开
No, go away.
学校里出什么事了吗
Did something happen at school?
我不想说
I don't want to talk about it.
好吧
Okay. Well...
如果你想谈 我随时都在
You change your mind, you know I'm here for you.
他喜欢别人
He likes someone else.
你说什么 宝贝
I'm sorry, sweetheart.
她连诺兰·莱恩是谁都不知道
She doesn't even know who Nolan Ryan is.
这男生听起来是个大白♥痴♥
This guy sounds like an idiot.
他才不是 他很完美
He's not. He's perfect.
好吧
All right.
想让我叫妈妈来吗
Want me to get your mom?
不要
No.
想让我去揍他一顿吗
You want me to beat this guy up?
不要
No.
我能做什么
What can I do?
真不错
Nice.
怎么投出曲球啊
How do you make it curve?
这有点难度
Well, that's a little tricky.
把两根手指压在接缝上
You... you put two fingers on the seam.
看到了吗 然后转动手腕
Right? And then you flick your wrist.
-好 -知道了吗 来 试一下
- Okay. - Yeah? Here, try it.
两根... 放这里啊
Two... Oh, so there.
这就对了 放在接缝上
There you go, right on the stitch there.
两根手指放在上面
Two fingers on it.
-然后球脱手前一刻 转动手腕 -这样吗
- Then at the end, you flick your wrist. - Like that?
就是这样 投一个试试
There you go. Give her a shot.
还挺厉害啊
Hey! How about that?
对吧 我就说了跟职业球手没两样
Right? Just like a pro, I'm telling you.
我们要再多练习
Well, we'll work on that, shall we?
绝对的
Definitely.
不错
Nice.
遍寻答案无果后
Having found no answers,
我决定自己纠正
I took it upon myself to rectify
《指环王》中前后矛盾的时间线
the inconsistent timeline in Lord of the Rings.
J.R.R.托尔金是很聪明没错
J.R.R. Tolkien had a brilliant mind,
但老实说
but let's be honest.
他跟S.L.库珀比差远了
He was no S.L. Cooper.
你还好吧
You okay out here?
等我完成这个就会好了
I will be once I finish this.
纵使我很努力想排列出前后一致的年表
As hard as I tried to work out a consistent chronology,
我还是不断遇到障碍
I kept running into roadblocks.
我漏掉了什么
What am I missing?
我们永远都不会想明白的
We're never going to figures it out.
我们可以的 我们很聪明 我们绝顶聪明
We can, we're smarts. We're so smarts.
我们的大脑就是宝贝
Our brains is precious.
如果我们的大脑是宝贝
If our brains is precious,
那都浪费在霍比特人身上了
we're wasting it on hobbitses.
我们喜欢科学
We like sciences.
我们暂时放下科学了
We took a break from sciences.
科学快把我们逼疯了
It was making us crazy.
结果我们现在成什么样子了
And look at us now.
瞧那些恶心的霍比特人对我们做了什么
Look at what those nasty hobbitses have done to us.
不 是物理
No, it was physicses.
是物理害我们变成这样
Physicses did this to us.
是霍比特人
Hobbitses.
是物理
Physicses.
霍比特人
Hobbitses.
我警告过你的
I warned you.
妈妈 妈妈
Mom. Mom.
怎么了
What's wrong?
我变成咕噜和史麦戈了 在一个山洞里
I was Gollum and Smeagol and I was in a cave
跟我自己争辩物理和霍比特人
fighting with myself over physics and hobbits.
但之后我意识到 虽然物理使我崩溃沮丧
And then I realized that even though physics is frustrating,
但它不会把我变成受尽折磨
it won't turn me into a tormented creature
爱把鱼头生生咬下来的怪物
who bites the heads off fish.
说完了 晚安
Okay, good night.
我给米希当好爸爸了
I've been doing a great job with Missy.
你去给他当好妈妈
This one's on you.
剧集 | 小谢尔顿 | 导航列表