Things need to move on.
事情总得解决
Miriam needs to be settled.
米里亚姆得安定下来
And that means they need to divorce.
也就是说他们得离婚
I don't want to talk about this anymore.
我不想再讨论这件事
Now I'm gonna go to the kitchen and grab some celery
我现在要去厨房♥拿点芹菜
because we all need something fibrous to eat.
我们现在都需要吃点纤维
Her name's Imogene.
她叫伊莫金
I guess it's time.
我觉得是时候了
Rose.
罗斯
Rose.
罗斯
Privacy, please.
个人空间 谢谢
We need to talk.
我们得谈谈
You bring that man home.
你把那个男的带回家
A lawyer.
律师
I could strangle you.
我都想勒死你
I want to tell you something.
我想给你说点事
Well, tell it to your colleague.
跟你同事说去吧
You need to know... Rose!
你得知道 罗斯
You need to know about Miriam and Joel.
你得知道米里亚姆和乔尔的事
What about them?
他们怎么了
Joel is not going to come back.
乔尔不会回来了
How do you know?
你怎么知道
Because he already did... come back.
因为他已经 回过头了
And she turned him away.
但是她拒绝了他
"She" who?
她是谁
Miriam.
米里亚姆
Our Miriam? Yes.
我们家的米里亚姆 对
I don't understand.
我不明白
About a month ago, Joel came here
大概一个月以前 乔尔来过
and he asked to come back.
他请求回来和她在一起
She said no.
她说不行
She said no. She said no.
她说不行 她说不行
And you didn't tell me.
然后你也没有告诉我
I didn't know how.
我不知道怎么跟你说
And she didn't tell me.
那她也没有告诉我
She probably didn't know how.
她可能也不知道怎么告诉你
Well, thank you very much.
好吧 非常感谢你
Drina! I need the ball.
德丽娜 我需要水晶球
And the cards.
还有塔罗牌
I need the ball and the cards and two cups of tea.
我需要水晶球 塔罗牌卡还有两杯茶
Hello. Drina?
你好啊 德丽娜
Welcome. Please, have a seat.
欢迎 请坐
Who are you?
你是谁
I am Madame Cosma.
我是科斯玛女士
I see your future so you don't have to.
我能看到你的未来 所以你不用自我介绍
N-No. What happened to Drina?
不用了 德丽娜呢
Drina, she's home now.
德丽娜 她回家了
Drina went back to the old country without telling me?
德丽娜没有告诉我就回了老家
The old country, she's from the Bronx.
老家 她是纽约布朗克斯区人
No, no, no. Drina's from Eastern Europe.
不不不 德丽娜是东欧人
A small city just outside Bucharest.
罗马尼亚布加勒斯特附近的小城市
Okay.
好吧
I need to see her. She tells my fortune.
我要见她 她一直替我算命
She reads my tea leaves. She helps guide my life.
她用我的茶叶占卜 她指导我的生活
Well, now I am the person who's gonna do that,
从现在开始 那就是我的工作了
but between you and me,
但你我之间
the tea leaf thing, kind of a scam.
那个茶叶 就是个骗你玩的
Pyromancy. Gazing into fire...
火焰占卜 凝视着火
Much more accurate, prettier, too.
更精确 也更漂亮
This isn't happening. The price is the same.
这不可能 还是原来的价格
And if you pay in advance, your tenth visit is free.
而且如果你提前付款的话 第十次是免费的
Plus, I throw in a charm.
另外 我是很有魅力的
I don't believe this. What am I gonna do?
真不敢相信 我现在该怎么办
I don't even have to consult the cards to see...
我不用塔罗牌都能看出来
that it's all going wrong for you.
你浑身都不对劲
Hello, Abe.
你好 亚伯
Abe. Abe!
亚伯 亚伯
I just need a moment, please.
就一小会儿 拜托了
Okay, I know you hate me.
我知道你讨厌我
I don't blame you.
我不怪你
I'm not feeling too hot about myself, either.
我也觉得我自己不咋地
I just wanted to talk to you about what my father said
我只是想和你谈谈
at that dinner a couple months ago.
我父亲几个月之前晚宴时说的话
For Professor Weissman?
给维斯曼教授的吗
I'll take it.
我给他就好
Abe, you got a package.
亚伯 你有个包裹
Okay, then I'll talk to your door.
好吧 那我就对着门说
It's true what he said.
他说的是真的
Miriam and I were broke.
我和米里亚姆完了
I mean, flat broke.
我是说 破产了
We were spending more than we made,
我们花的比赚的多
couldn't save anything.
什么都存不下来
But she had no idea that that was the case.
但她还没有意识到我们的境况
She'd ask about money and I'd say we're fine, we're good.
她问我钱的事我就说没关系 我们不差钱
She trusted me.
她相信我
She's always trusted me.
她总是那么相信我
There's a lot of things I can't make right again,
有很多事我无法挽回
but there's some things I can.
但我还能挽回一些
Thanks.
谢谢
Table.
坐吧
I've been stepping up at work, Abe.
我已经加紧工作了 亚伯
And I'm in line for a new job.
我正在着手换新工作
It's a pretty big promotion.
是一次大幅度的晋升
Well, good for you.
那恭喜你啊
I'm not bragging, it just means...
我不是在吹牛 这意味着
Look.
看
It comes with a raise, a pretty big one.
工资涨了 还涨了挺多的
And I've been crunching the numbers.
然后我算了算
Miriam and the kids can't live at your place forever.
米里亚姆和孩子们不可能总住在你那里
They're gonna need their own place, three bedrooms at least.
他们得有自己的住处 起码三间卧室
I can swing that now.
我现在可以负担了
And she wants the kids to go to private school?
她想让孩子去私人学校
Yes, she does.
是的
Ethan to Collegiate and Esther to Brearley.
伊森去学院的 以斯贴去布雷亚利
Tuition's about $1,100 each, and I budgeted for that, too.
学费差不多一人1100 我也算在里面了
Then there's clothes, entertainment.
还有衣服 娱乐
I want them to go to shows and movies,
我想带他们去看话剧 电影
take piano lessons, go on vacations.
上钢琴课 再度个假什么的
It's all here.
都在这里了
Everything they need is accounted for.
他们需要的东西都算上了
And my new salary will cover it all.
我的新工资都能承担
And if you don't get the new job?
那如果你没应聘上新工作呢
Then I'll go back to working for my father.
那我就接着给我爸打工
Either way, that is the salary.
不管怎样总是有工资的
Joel, you know that I am pretty good at math.
乔尔 你知道我数学是很好的
Right? Yes.
对吧 是的
There's nothing left for you.
这样你自己就什么都不剩了
I'll be fine.
我没关系的
You'll be fine? The new job takes me
没关系吗 新工作需要我
to the West Coast a lot,
经常出差西海岸
eventually, I'll be moving there.
所以我准备搬到那边去
To California?
去加利福尼亚
Miriam said you hate California.
米里亚姆说你讨厌加利福尼亚
Doesn't matter.
没关系的
But what about the kids?
那孩子们呢
They're taken care of. Anything they want.
他们所需要的一切都准备好了
But you won't see them.
但是你就见不到他们了
They don't need me.
他们不需要我
Joel.
乔尔
So do me a favor, Abe?
亚伯 帮我个忙
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表