And what is all this? It's for Ethan's birthday party.
这些都是什么 这些是给伊森的生日会准备的
This is too much for him. This is for the kids
给他也太多了吧 这些是给所有
who come to the party. It's all their birthdays?
到场的小朋友准备的 他们都同一天生日吗
If everyone gets a gift, it'll keep the screaming down. So,
所有人都拿到礼物才能平息尖叫声 所以
everyone gets a gift, everyone gets a compliment,
每个人都有礼物 每个人都被称赞
everyone gets a hug... You're not preparing
每个人都有一个拥抱 你没给这些小孩
these kids for the real world. Don't worry,
展示真实世界的面貌 别担心
we'll teach the kids how cruel the world is next year,
明年我们就会教导这些孩子世界的残酷
when they're five. Did you need something, Mr. Weissman?
在他们5岁那年 你需要些什么吗 维斯曼先生
Yes. I need you to know that I can hear
的确 我想要你知道我能听到
every word you're saying, and I'm grading papers.
你们说的每一个字 我正在批作业
So please, Miriam, Dody...
所以 米里亚姆 多迪 拜托
try to keep it down.
说话小点声
Okay.
好的
Why does he call me Dody?
他为什么叫我多迪
She was my friend growing up.
她是我从小到大的闺蜜
It's sort of a catchall for whoever he sees me with.
不论他看到我和谁在一起 他都叫多迪
Wait, there's already gum in here.
等等 这里已经有口香糖了
I put it in there. I'm doing gum.
是我放的 我才是负责口香糖的
But I thought you were doing candy cigarettes.
但是我之前以为你是放糖果香烟的
Starting over.
重来吧
So, we should finalize the guest list.
所以 我们应该先把客人名单定下来
It's the same as last year, is it?
和去年一样 对吗
What's the confusion, Dody?
很令人困惑吗 多迪
Is Joel coming?
乔尔是不是要来
Of course he's coming...
当然要来
It's his son's birthday.
这是他儿子的生日
Is he bringing her?
那他要带着她来吗
Only if he wants to be beaten to death
如果他想被
by, I don't know, everyone at the party.
我不知道 被所有来生日会的人揍死的话
Okay. But we'd better figure out who knows what, compare stories.
好吧 但我们最好搞清楚谁都知道什么 对下情报
Stories? The stories you've each been telling people
什么情报 你跟别人说过的那些
about your situation... I've completely lost track.
关于你境况的事情 我已经跟不上剧情了
And I have no idea what you've been telling people.
我也不知道你到底和别人说了些什么
Every word, as if broadcast over a microphone.
每个字都听到了 就像听广播开了麦克风一样
We're almost done. You keep starting over.
我们就要做好了 你明明一直在重做
She talked me out of gender-specific bags,
是她不理会我说的 要把袋子分性别
Mr. Weissman.
维斯曼先生
Set up a line like Henry Ford.
构建像福特公♥司♥一样的流水线
Keep the piles separate,
把元件们分开放
then pass the bags from one to the other.
然后把袋子一个个传下去
Candy cigarettes, pass the bag,
糖果香烟 过
a Silly Putty, pass the bag, and so on.
橡皮泥 过 以此类推
Thanks for the industrial education, Papa.
感谢你的工业知识教育 爸爸
And, young lady, I heard through the door
还有 姑娘 我从里面听见
that your name is not Dody... What is your name?
你的名字不叫多迪 那你叫什么
Imogene.
伊莫金
I'm not gonna remember that.
我是记不住这个名字了
The Murphys... do they know all?
墨菲一家 他们全都知道吗
I'm not sure. I-I lied to some people at first,
我不能确定 我 我最开始向一些人撒了谎
then started telling people that we were separated
然后才开始和别人说我们分开了
but trying to work it out. The Turners?
但依然试着想要和解 特纳家呢
Think that Joel is on a business trip in Poland.
以为乔尔还在波兰出差呢
The Rivingtons? Know that you're separated
利维英敦家呢 知道你们分手了
and know that Joel moved out. Someone got to them before me.
也知道乔尔搬出去了 有人在我之前跟他们说了
But they don't know that Joel's living with Penny.
但他们不知道乔尔现在和潘妮一起住
He's not living with Penny anymore.
他不和潘妮一起住了
What? Since when?
什么 什么时候的事
Joel's secretary called.
乔尔的秘书打电♥话♥给我
Gave me a new home number for him.
给我了他的新住址
It was his parents'.
是他的父母家
What happened?
发生了什么
I don't know.
我不知道
Wow.
哇哦
As the world turns.
地球还是会转的
So,
那么
who else? The Gertzs.
还有哪家 格茨
Think that Joel is on a very long business trip
觉得乔尔要出很久很久的差
but suspect more. The Salings?
但是更多的是怀疑 扎林家呢
Think that we are renovating the apartment
以为我们正在装♥修♥公♥寓♥
and that Joel is traveling for work.
乔尔去出差了
What the hell?
搞什么
Harry, good. Can we talk?
哈里 很好 我们能聊聊吗
Susie. Sure.
苏西 当然了
Hey, guys, can you give us the room?
伙计们 可以给我们点空间不
Susie needs to talk to me.
苏西要和我说话
You don't have to clear the room.
你没必要把整个屋子都腾给我们
I'm not gonna clear the goddamn room.
我才不要清空这该死的屋子
Jesus Christ, Susie, get a phone.
天啊 苏西 买♥♥个电♥话♥吧
I have a phone. Well, use it.
我有电♥话♥ 有就用啊
But face-to-face is better. That's what you always said.
但是面对面交谈更好 这可是你常说的话
Don't listen to me.
那别听我说的
So smooth.
脸好滑
It's like a baby's bottom.
跟婴儿的屁屁一样
And so fragrant.
还很香呢
Okay, okay.
好吧 好吧
Tell me why you're here.
说说为什么来找我
The comic I told you about, the one I'm representing.
我跟你说过的那个喜剧演员 我是她经纪人的那个
The girl? Yeah, the girl.
那个女孩 对 就是那个女孩
She's been killing at the Gaslight, night after night.
她在煤油灯咖啡店惊艳四座 每夜如此
What's her name again?
她叫什么来着
It's Amanda Gleason.
阿曼达 格利森
Shit name.
这么难听
Fake name but a great comic.
名是假的 但人是真材实料
She'd be the perfect opening act for Sophie Lennon.
她绝对可以为苏菲列侬完美地开场
Get out of here. Sophie's one of my biggest clients. I know.
胡说 苏菲是我最大的客户之一 我知道
Where do you come off, asking for something like this?
你哪来的竟敢向我提这些
I'm not talking about opening for her at the Copa. Then what?
我说的又不是要在美洲杯上为她开场 那是什么
Sophie plays those joints in Jersey
苏菲每次要锻炼新的表演时
when she's working up a new act.
会在泽西的一些低档娱乐场所表演
Those little dives, unannounced.
仅限小富豪们观看 不对外公开
Let my girl open for her there.
让我的人为她开场
Really? Yeah.
真的吗 没错
That's a shit gig.
那演出很糟糕
It's a terrible gig.
是很糟糕
The audience is there for Sophie.
那些观众是为了苏菲才来的
The opener gets eaten alive. We're game.
开场的人会被人轰下台的 我们有的是胆
Slot went to Markie Diamond once. You hear of him?
斯洛特为马奇 戴蒙德开过一次场 你听说过他吗
No. And to Adam Young once.
没听过 还位亚当 杨做了一次开场
You hear of him? No.
你听说过他吗 没有
Danny LeMonde? Scoop LeMonde?
丹尼 雷蒙德呢 斯郭普 雷蒙德
Brothers? They're in plumbing now.
是一对兄弟吗 他们现在在修水管
I get the point. She'd be a sacrificial lamb.
我懂你意思了 她会是个替罪羔羊
Then cut her up into chops and serve her with mint sauce.
那就把她切成一片片 再蘸薄荷酱好好招待她
I want this for her.
我就是想让她上台
I'd need to see her first.
我需要先见见她
She's got a tight ten.
她有精华十分钟
I can set you up any night you like.
你看哪晚方便我可以安排她表演
I'm not going to the Gaslight. Why not?
我不会去煤油灯的 为什么不去
I don't go downtown anymore.
我不会再去市中心了
You cut your teeth haunting dives downtown.
你不是试过去市中心找富豪们玩吗
I got nice suits now.
我现在有好的西装了
Why you wearing this one?
那你为什么穿这套
The Stork Club is as south as I want to go.
我想去南边的斯托克俱乐部
She'll perform anywhere you want,
她可以在你想去的任何地方演出
but the Gaslight's her home.
但煤油灯咖啡厅是她的家
It's a really shit gig.
这真是个烂表演
She's gonna bomb.
她要引起轰动了
Put that on your plate!
大家记住了
Yeah, I'm from Queens,
没错 我来自皇后区
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表