Was punching in on the time clar...
是在打卡宗上打卡
"Time Clark."
打卡宗
What is wrong with my mouth?
我的嘴巴怎么了
"Time clock."
打卡钟
Punching in was just kind of a real
把卡插♥进♥去的时候真的有种
powerful feeling, you know?
力量感
You know, the-the feel of it.
那种感觉
The sound of it.
那种声音
M-My interview for the job was another thing.
而我去应聘就是另一回事了
They were already getting ready for Christmas.
他们已经在准备过圣诞节了
It's not even Halloween yet, and I'm sitting in a hallway
万圣节都还没到呢 我就和一堆死胖的圣诞老人
with a couple of dozen fat fucking Santas.
一起坐在走廊里
Yeah, yeah. Yeah, yeah. Picture that.
是的 是的 是的 想想吧
Me, and a line of big, fat fucking Santas, and you know,
我和一排死胖的圣诞老人
some of these guys are fucking fat, and...
他们中有些人就是那么肥胖
They drink.
他们还酗酒
They are tipplers.
他们都是酒鬼
That's what Mr. Stanyon told me.
这是斯坦翁先生告诉我的
"Keep them sober."
"令他们保持清醒"
That-that's actually not Mr. Stanyon's voice,
这其实不是斯坦翁先生的声音
that's Mrs. O'Toole.
而是奥图尔夫人的
"Doors are opening."
"开门啦"
That's what she says when she's about to have sex.
她要做♥爱♥时就这么说话
Lots of really pretty...
当然 工作中也有很多相当
fun girls at work, too.
美丽又风趣的女孩
Mary, she's sweet.
玛丽 她人很好
Vivian, kind of boy crazy, with her Van Heflins
薇薇安 追星狂人 迷恋她的范·赫夫林
and William Holdens and...
还有威廉·霍尔登 还有
All right. You win.
得了 你赢了
And then, there's Harriet.
还有哈里特
She's our Negro clerk.
她是我们的黑人店员
And beautiful, like, God, this woman is beautiful.
她很美丽 是那种令人惊叹的美丽
She's-she's Lena Horne, she helps our Negro customers.
她就是莲纳·荷恩 她专门接待黑人顾客
Because she's a Negro.
因为她是个黑人
What?
什么
Harriet's a Negro. Where's this going?
哈里特是个黑人 你到底是什么意思
It-it's not going anywhere.
我没有别的意思
Obviously.
显然没有
This-this spotlight is really fucking bright.
这个聚光灯真是够亮的
C-Can you dim that?
能调暗点吗
I mean, really, really, it's bright as shit.
真的 它真♥他♥妈♥的晃死我了
Okay, well, now the audience can't see me at all.
好吧 现在观众根本看不见我了
Doesn't matter.
无所谓
So he's funny.
他很有意思
Him you laugh at. All right.
你被他逗乐了 行吧
Okay, just-just getting the lay of the land here.
就 先搞清楚现在的情况
You want to come up?
你想上来吗
Yeah, didn't think so.
很显然你不想
Really? You're not-you're not gonna turn the spotlight back on?
真的吗 你们不打算把灯打开
Can't find the switch?
是找不到开关吗
My underwear suddenly feels very tight.
我突然感觉内♥裤♥有点紧
Well.
好吧
Thanks, everybody.
谢谢大家
It's been delightful.
今晚很高兴
You still got more time.
你还有很多时间呢
Well, give my time to someone else.
让别人去讲吧
This isn't fucking Congress. Get back up there.
这可不是该死的议会 给我回去
No. And fix the fucking mic, it won't come off the stand.
不 赶紧修一修话筒吧 它都拿不下来
Sorry about that, everyone.
抱歉 伙计们
We're gonna take a little break to clear the stink.
我们要稍事休息 放放空气
And we'll be back in 20.
二十分钟后继续
Jesus.
天啊
What is wrong with these people?
这些人有什么毛病
Absolutely nothing is wrong with these people.
这些观众绝没有问题
Nothing? They're unconscious. They're lying in state.
没问题吗 他们简直麻木不仁 谎话连篇
And who is heckling me?
还有 是谁在瞎起哄
There was another comic up there an hour ago.
一小时以前有另一场表演
He killed. Same audience.
他说的也不好 是同样的观众
No. No way.
不 不可能
You stunk tonight, lady. That's all it was.
你今晚演砸了 姑娘 就是这样
No, Susie, this fucking audience could hardly lift their heads
不 苏西 这些该死的观众甚至不能把他们的脑袋
up off the table long enough... The audience was fine.
从桌子上抬起足够长的... 观众没问题
You bombed. You took out Antwerp.
你演砸了 你完全没说到点子上
I bombed? People were asking
我演砸了 人们要的是
for directions to a fallout shelter. You bombed.
完全相反的东西 而你演砸了
But I'm funny. Everybody bombs.
但我很有趣啊 每个人都会演砸的
But I've seen Rickles five times. He's never bombed.
但我看过五次里克斯的表演 他就从没演砸过
The guys go on Jack Paar, they never bomb.
还有上杰克·帕尔节目的人 他们也从没演砸过
Yeah, that's 'cause they've spent years bombing
是啊 可那是因为他们已经经历了多年失败
and honing their act so you don't have to see them bomb.
并不断打磨自己的表演 所以你才从没见过他们演砸的时候
They've bombed, believe me. Well, I'm not gonna bomb again.
但他们失败过 相信我 我不会再搞砸了
No, you're gonna bomb again and again and again and again.
不 你会不断失败 失败 再失败
Why would anyone do this if they're just gonna bomb
如果总是不断失败的话
again and again and again?
为什么还会有人干这行呢
Because it's part of the process.
因为失败也是其中的一部分
Yeah, well, it's not part of my process.
好吧 这可不是我的一部分
Shit.
该死
I've only done this drunk or stoned.
我喝醉的时候才能做这个
What-what if that's the only reason I was funny?
如果我变得有趣只是因为喝醉了怎么办
Like, I can't get loaded every time I come on stage.
我不能每次上台都保持亢奋状态
You never met a comic?
你从没见过喜剧演员吗
All right, here. Go smoke a cigarette.
行了 抽根烟吧
No, I'm not gonna go smoke a cigarette. I feel devastated.
不 我不要抽烟 我真是万念俱灰
I've never felt this devastated.
我从没有过这种绝望感觉
You mean, besides when your husband left you.
你是说 除了你丈夫离开你之外
Give me a cigarette. Next time, prepare a little.
给我根烟 下一次稍微准备准备
Spontaneity works until it doesn't work.
临时抱佛脚总有不管用的时候
Then you're stuck.
那时你就惨了
Prepare.
准备
All right.
好吧
Right.
好
Fuck. So we went to this cabdriver,
操 然后我们去找这个司机
and, I don't want you to think we're like that,
我不希望你们认为我们是那种人
you know, but you must remember what men are like in war,
但一定要记住男人在战争中是什么样子
it's that kind of a show tonight.
今晚就相当于那个场面
So we went to this cabdriver, and we said to him,
然后我们去找这个司机 跟他说
"Where's the action?"
"在哪里行动"
This kind of masculine, sort of...
也算是很有男子气概了...
So, so he took us to this place where they fish illegally.
然后他就带我们去了他们非法捕鱼的地方
See, now you're not supposed...
看 现在你们不应该...
# Be prepared #
# 准备好 #
# And be careful not to do your good deeds #
# 当无人注意你时 #
# When there's no one watching you #
# 小心别做好事 #
# If you're looking for adventure #
# 如果你在寻找 #
# Of a new and different kind #
# 不同类型的新冒险 #
# And you come across a Girl Scout # # Who is similarly inclined #
# 你会遇到一个和你有同样想法的 # # 女童子军 #
# Don't be nervous, don't be flustered don't be scared #
# 不要紧张 不要惊慌 不要害怕 #
# Be prepared! #
# 准备好 #
That is the most beautiful song ever written.
这是所写过的最美的歌♥
Who wrote that song?
这歌♥是谁写的
Franz fucking Schubert!
弗朗茨他妈的舒伯特
Did he now? Guys, guys, you're not in your homes.
他现在写的 伙计们 这里不是你家
Sorry, Sal. Sally. Sally, Sally.
抱歉 萨尔 萨利 萨利 萨利
We were conquerors today.
我们今天是征服者
Conquerors! Veni, vidi, vici!
征服者 我来 我见 我征服
That's Latin. Is that so?
那是拉丁文 是吗
Sal, Sal, we sold plastic stuff
萨尔 萨尔 我们向根本不需要塑料制品的人
to people that don't actually need plastic stuff.
卖♥♥塑料制品
Yeah. See-see, that's what salesmanship is, Sally.
是的 你看 销♥售♥员就是干这个的 萨利
Selling things to people that they don't want.
卖♥♥给人们他们根本不想要的东西
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表