There's no panic, Abe.
没有恐慌 亚伯
We're doing this right.
我们这么做是正确的
We never rush R&D.
我们从不草率地搞研发
Your colleague, Bill Chernik...
你的同事 比尔 切尔尼克
Bill and Abe have known each other a long time.
比尔和亚伯已经认识很久了
Bill Chernik's a good man.
比尔 切尔尼克是个优秀的人才
He's been consulting with us for a while.
他已经和我们商谈了有段时间了
Ask him about us. You'll like what you hear.
去问问他 你会听到让你满意的答案的
There's no way this could work.
这也行不通啊
My class load is so full.
我的课程安排很满
We can help with that. Take things off your plate.
我们可以协调 减轻你的工作量
No, I'm loath to do that.
不 我不愿意这样
We'll work around your schedule.
我们会按照你的日程表安排
An applied mathematician of your skills
现如今迫切需要
is in high demand these days.
像您这样的应用型数学家
We need you.
我们需要你
I told you he'd be a tough sell.
我说过他很难邀请
Which makes us want you more.
所以我们更想邀请你加入
Pending a security clearance,
在安全调查期间
Bell Labs is at your beck and call.
贝尔实验室随时等候您的佳音
I need to get home.
我得回家了
Let me walk with you.
我和你一起走
Take some time. And call with any questions.
慢慢来 随时打电♥话♥问任何问题
I doubt I'll have any. Call anyhow.
我应该不会有什么问题 随时打电♥话♥
I'll give you the pitch all over again.
我会再向你抛出橄榄枝
And thanks for your time.
谢谢你的时间
See you Monday, Abe.
星期一见 亚伯
We're going out to dinner!
我们要出去吃饭
Abe?
亚伯
Rose, Rose, get in here.
罗斯 罗斯 快过来
We are going out to dinner.
我们出去吃饭
Ruby Foo's, Le Pavillon, name it.
红宝石餐厅 乐阁餐厅 随便哪家
Abe, slow down. Why are we going out to dinner?
亚伯 慢点说 我们为什么要出去吃
Bell Labs, Rose.
贝尔实验室 罗斯
I got an offer to work at Bell Labs.
我收到了贝尔实验室的工作邀请
What? Bell Labs down in the village!
什么 贝尔实验室落户这里了
My God, Abe!
我的天 亚伯
You should have seen me with that recruiter.
你应该看看我如何应对那个招聘主管
I played it so cool.
我装得很冷静
I kind of nodded like this,
我就像这样点了点头
was shaking my head a little bit.
好像又在摇头
Very serious, very dubious.
很认真 又半信半疑
You can look extremely dubious.
你看起来十分的可疑
And he was eating out of the palm of my hand.
他恨不得我马上点头同意
This is the big leagues, Rose.
这是一个规模很大的联盟 罗斯
This... this is the hotbed of invention.
这是发明的温床
That TV that you all like so much,
你们都喜欢的电视机
courtesy of Bell Labs transistor work. No.
要感谢贝尔实验室的研发的晶体管 不会吧
Grandpa, I was watching that.
外公 我正看着呢
Bardeen and Brattain and Shockley won a Nobel for that.
巴丁 布拉顿和肖克利因为这个获得了诺贝尔奖
And now I am in their ranks.
现在我将加入他们的行列中去
Where are we going for dinner?
我们去哪儿吃晚餐
What about a dinner?
什么晚餐
We're going out. The whole family.
我们要出去 全家人
Call Noah and Astrid.
打电♥话♥给诺亚和阿斯特丽德
He's got an offer from Bell Labs.
他收到了贝尔实验室的工作邀请
Wow, Papa, congratulations.
哇 爸爸 祝贺你
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
You've been obsessing on Bell Labs
你一直都痴迷于贝尔实验室
for, like, 20 years now.
大概有20年了吧
I haven't been obsessing on them.
我才没有痴迷他们
My whole childhood, it was Bell Labs this and Bell Labs that,
我的整个童年 都是贝尔实验室这个 贝尔实验室那个
and, "My God, I'd give up pastrami"
说什么 我的天 我愿意放弃熏牛肉
for a job at Bell Labs."
只要能在贝尔实验室工作
I may have mentioned them.
我可能有这么说过
A-And once a year, we'd tour the building? The outside,
有一年 我们还去参观了贝尔实验大楼 就在外面看了看
because we weren't allowed in. You kids would play
因为不让我们进去 你们几个孩子在人行道上
on the sidewalk while your father would jump up and down,
玩耍 而你♥爸♥爸跳来跳去
and try and peek in the windows. Yes.
想从窗户偷看一看 是的
That may have happened once or twice.
好像有那么一两次吧
Is that my blouse?
那是我的上衣吗
Yes, but it's not quite right. For what?
是的 感觉不太合适 为了什么
Okay, I-I'm talking about very important things here,
好吧 我在说很重要的事情
and you're talking about clothes.
你们居然在谈论衣服
I have to get dressed. Congratulations, Papa.
我得去换衣服了 祝贺你 爸爸
How often do I get a job at Bell Labs
我经常得到贝尔实验室的工作吗
and no one wants to celebrate with me?
居然没人愿意和我一起庆祝
Abe, my love, we will find the perfect night to celebrate.
亚伯 亲爱的 我们会找个完美的晚上给你庆祝
With Noah and Astrid?
和诺亚还有阿斯特丽德吗
They will be there.
他们会来的
I mean, it's Bell Labs.
我是说 这可是贝尔实验室啊
And we, we are all so very proud of you.
我们 我们都很为你感到骄傲
Mama, where's your green dress?
妈妈 你的绿裙子在哪儿
At the cleaners.
在洗衣店
Shoot.
糟糕
I'm never sure about me and peach.
我从来不确定我适合桃色吗
I am.
我确定
Here.
给你
The Dior?
迪奥的
That's perfect.
太完美了
So, you're going to another party.
所以你要去参加另一个聚会
That's the fourth one this week, isn't it?
这周第四次了 对吗
Four this week, three last week.
这周四次 上周三次
Which, of course, means they've already seen
当然 这意味着他们已经
everything in my closet.
看遍了我衣橱里的衣服
Enter yours.
只能换你的了
So, are these friends of yours and Joel's?
这些朋友是你和乔尔的吗
No. New friends.
不是 新朋友
Girls from work.
一起工作的女孩子们
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样
Lovely, understated.
可爱 低调
Understated? Mmhmm.
低调 嗯
Next. You don't want to be understated?
换一件 你不想要保持低调
I need to stand out.
我需要脱颖而出
Well, you always stand out.
你一直都很耀眼
I need to stand out in a very specific way.
我需要以一种非常具体的方式表现出来
Well, you could wear nothing.
那你可以一♥丝♥不♥挂♥
That would get some sort of attention.
那倒会吸引一些注意
Don't I know it.
我难道不知道吗
Now, tell me about...
跟我说说
not until my funeral.
别等我死了
So tell me, are there men at these, parties?
跟我说说 这些聚会上有男人吗
They aren't nun parties, Mama.
又不是修女聚会 妈妈
Well, you know, a girl standing alone at a party
你知道 一个女孩独自在聚会上
says just one thing. What's that?
只传达出一个信息 什么
I'm prey. Hunt me. Perfect.
我是猎物 来追我吧 很好
Miriam. No, seriously,
米里亚姆 说真的
I was looking for a catchphrase. That's it.
我正好在想一句口头禅 就这个了
You should wait to go to these parties.
你应该等等再去参加这些聚会
It's too soon.
太快了
I'll add some gloves to this.
我要搭上手套
That should give it some zazz.
这样看起来更漂亮
Miriam... Thanks for the dress, Mama.
米里亚姆 谢谢你的裙子 妈妈
What are you doing here? What am I...?
你在这儿干什么 我♥干♥什么
Y-You invited me to this stupid party.
你邀请我来参加这个愚蠢的聚会
No, I mean on the elevator.
不是 我意思你在电梯里干嘛
You're not leaving, are you?
你不是要离开 对吧
No, I've been riding this thing up and down for an hour
不是 我为了等你 骑着这匹
waiting for you to float in here
金色的伊卡洛斯马
on your golden fucking Icarus horse.
上上下下快一个小时了
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表