Yeah? You are not getting paid, you are not getting booked,
懂吗 没有人会付钱给你 没有人会找你预约
and those people are not a real audience...
而且那些人都不是真正的观众
they are politely nodding at you while they drink free booze,
他们不过是在免费痛饮时礼貌地对你点点头
and then they talk about the crazy lady
回家后就在议论那个
who wouldn't shut up the whole night.
一晚上说个不停的疯女人
I know they're not real gigs.
我知道这些都不是真的表演
Do you? 'Cause it doesn't seem like it.
你知道吗 我看不像
And second of all... There was no first of all.
而且第二点 刚刚没有说第一点
You do not need a goddamn man at your side to do this.
你不需要一个该死的男人跟你搭档
What the hell are you thinking?
你到底怎么想的
You really want to be some second-rate Nichols and May?
尼科尔斯和梅 美国著名的喜剧二人组
'Cause there's already a first-rate Nichols and May.
因为已经有一流的尼科尔斯和梅了
It's fuckin' Nichols and May.
他们可是尼科尔斯和梅
Now, you could be an original, but you are fucking it all up
你本来可以当原版的 但你这些荒诞的
with this cockamamie alternate universe party bullshit.
派对世界巡演把一切都搞砸了
You want to do this?!
这是你想做的吗
Yes. Do you?
是的 真的吗
Yes! Well, I can't tell anymore.
没错 我真的无语了
You want me to get rid of the phone, 'cause I can get rid
你要我把电♥话♥扔了吗 我可以把它
of the phone. Do not get rid of the phone.
扔掉 别扔电♥话♥
I don't need to have a goddamn phone.
我不需要这个该死的电♥话♥
I don't have anybody I have to call.
我没有任何人可联♥系♥
I got that phone for you,
我是为了你才搞来这个电♥话♥
for this partnership that I thought we were starting.
为了我以为我们已经开始的合作
We are. Does your new agent know that?
我们是开始了合作 那你新的经纪人知道吗
He's... not my...
他不是 我的
You do not meet with any agents
你再也不能私自去
without me knowing about it, ever.
见别的经纪人了 从今以后
I did not know he was gonna be there. I swear.
我不知道他会在那里 我发誓
Bullshit! You're not an idiot!
放屁 你不是个白♥痴♥
Just drop this doe-eyed Bambi thing right now.
立马给我打住这双小鹿斑比般天真无邪的眼神
Okay, I'm so sick of you acting all innocent,
我受够了你装作很无辜的样子
"I don't know how the world works 'cause I'm a housewife,
我对外面的世界一窍不通因为我是个家庭主妇
and I wear four layers of petticoats."
我还穿着四层衬裙
It is tired and it is weak,
太累太软弱了
and you are not tired and you are not fucking weak.
你不累 而且你♥他♥妈♥一点都不软弱
And if you want to be a comic,
如果你想成为一个喜剧演员
you are gonna have to grow the fuck up right now!
你就他妈的立刻给我长大
I'm sorry. I...
我很抱歉 我
I don't know what to do lately.
我最近很迷茫
I'm... I'm trying to be strong and independent,
我试着变得强大和独♥立♥
but I saw Joel the other night, and he was with her,
但那晚我碰到乔尔了 他和她在一起
and every time I think I can breathe again, I can't.
而且每次当我以为可以挺过去 结果不能
And I'm-I'm trying to get it right.
我试着让自己走出来
I'm trying to figure it out.
我试着让自己想明白
I know the parties aren't gigs.
我知道派对不是喜剧表演
I know I'm not really doing stand-up.
我知道我不是真的在做单口相声
I don't want to be a second-rate Nichols and May.
我不想成为二流的尼科尔斯和梅
I'd never even heard of Nichols and May.
我甚至没听说过尼科尔斯和梅
And I've got news for you.
而且我告诉你
If you're gonna be a personal manager,
如果你要做私人经纪人
then sometimes you're gonna have to deal with the personal.
那么有时候你就要处理个人私事
And this...
而这
is personal.
就是我个人
All of this.
浑身上下
And it's not just deals and lectures.
不是只有协议和教训
Sometimes you're gonna have to buy some Kleenex
有时候你要帮我买♥♥些克里奈克斯纸巾
and let me cry and pat me on the back
让我哭出来 拍拍我的背
and say, "There, there." Okay, that's not really my...
然后说 好啦 好啦 好吧 我可能不
You're gonna have to listen to me talk about my husband,
你会听到我讲起我的丈夫
and my kids.
还有我的孩子
Both of 'em? Yes. Both of them.
他们两个吗 没错 两个都讲
And you are gonna have to stop backing away from me
而且你不能在我觉得世界崩塌的时候
when I feel like my life is falling apart.
再躲开我了
You are gonna have to tell me I'm good when I'm not.
我做的不好你也要说我好
You want me to lie? Yes!
你要我说谎吗 没错
That is what managers do!
这就是经纪人该做的事情
Do you understand?
你明白吗
There, there.
好啦 好啦
Better?
好点了吗
Yes.
是的
Better.
好点了
Good.
很好
Tomorrow...
明天
we're gonna sign some fuckin' paperwork.
我们要签些该死的文件
The last few signatures. I promise.
最后几个签名了 我保证
Responsibility is often
责任通常都伴随着
accompanied by excessive paperwork. And how.
过度的文书工作 的确
Especially when the government's involved.
尤其是牵涉了政♥府♥的时候
If you'd asked me a week ago, I would not have put money
如果是一周前 我还不敢打赌
on us sitting here today.
我们今天会坐在这见面
Well, I had to shuffle quite a few things around,
我也是挣扎了良久
make some tough compromises, and you seemed so desperate.
做了些艰难的妥协 而且你看起来那么迫切
We are thrilled, believe me.
我们太激动了 相信我
All your background checks are completed. You sailed through
完成了所有关于你的背景调查工作 你比大多数人
faster than most. Very good.
都要快完成 太好了
Now, there's just the final government clearance.
接下来 就等政♥府♥的最终许可了
It's somewhat more intensive, but it should go smoothly, too.
虽然更加繁琐 但是应该也会很顺利
The only possible bump I see
我看唯一棘手的可能就是
would be your daughter's arrests.
你女儿的几个逮捕案件
Her arrests?
她的逮捕案件
We know, a couple of misdemeanors, she pled guilty.
我们都知道只是几件轻罪 她已经认罪了
It shouldn't be too big a problem.
应该不是什么大问题
Right. Yes.
对 没错
Young people go through these phases, right?
年轻人都会经历这些阶段 对吧
Yes, young people go through phases.
对 年轻人都会经历这些阶段
Things I did in college, it's amazing my parents
我在大学时做过的事 让我父母惊讶到
still talk to me.
直到现在还会跟我提起
We'll ease you in the first couple of days.
刚开始我们会先让你缓几天
One of us will take you on a tour of the facility,
我们的人会带你参观一下设备
get you oriented.
让你适应环境
Might be me, might be my colleague, Sven.
或许是我 或许是我的同事 斯文
Sven is a great fellow.
斯文是个很棒的同事
I was cornered by Mrs. Klaviter today...
我今天为克拉维特夫人感到无地自容
Ever since she kicked Junie Paul in the shins,
自从她踢了茹涅 保罗的小腿之后
I run when I see her. She starts telling me this story
我一看到她就跑 她开始给我讲
about her mother's health.
关于她妈妈健康的故事
And right as she says she's only got a month to live,
当她讲到她只剩最后一个月的时候
the baby starts laughing.
宝宝就开始笑了
I tell you, it was the world's longest pause.
我跟你讲 那是世界上最长的停顿了
But then, Mrs. Klaviter laughed, too.
但后来克拉维特夫人也笑了
Turns out, she hates her mother and thinks Esther's a delight.
原来她恨她的母亲 还觉得埃丝特很讨喜
What?
怎么了
What ever happened to Junie Paul?
茹涅 保罗发生过什么事
I wonder if she ever married.
她结过婚吗
I would think.
我也想知道
She just needed to keep her hair long enough
她要把头发留长
to cover those ears. They were enormous,
直到能把耳朵盖住 她的耳朵太大了
but she could hear someone whispering
但她可以隔着一个球场
from across a football field. I'm kidding.
听到另一边有人说悄悄话 开玩笑的
I was fun.
我是有趣的
I planned theme nights,
我策划主题晚会
I dressed in costumes,
我穿化妆服
I gave him kids, a boy and a girl!
我给他生孩子 一男一女
And yes, our little girl is looking
没错 我们的小女儿看起来
more and more like Winston Churchill
越来越像温斯顿 邱吉尔
every day, with the big...
每天 顶着一个大
Yalta-head? But that's not a reason to leave, right?
雅尔塔市般大的头 但这也不能是他离开的理由 对吧
Really? Really? After what I just said about the bathroom?
真的吗 真的吗 我才刚吐槽完厕所
It's like she's having a breakdown.
听起来她像是崩溃了
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表