Well, that's a smell.
天哪 这个味道
First stop of the night, ladies and gentlemen.
今晚第一场 女士们先生们
Now, this shithole is kind of an off-the-grid place.
现在这鬼地方跟表演前线脱节了
Established comics do not come here.
功成名就的喜剧演员不会来这里
Unless they're trying out material.
除非他们在找新题材
They want no one to see.
不想让别人看到
Bookers do not come here.
预订人不会来这里
You will never see Jack Paar represented here
你永远不会看到有人代表杰克 帕尔在这里
in any way, shape or form.
无论是什么样的形式
My father will be very relieved.
我父亲会感到非常欣慰
What are you doing?
你在干嘛
Taking notes. Research.
记笔记 做调查
You gonna write everything down?
你要把所有的东西都记下来
Everything I think is pertinent or interesting,
所有我认为有价值的或者有意思的
or could be pertinent or interesting.
或者可以变得有价值或有意思
So the answer's yes.
所以你要记下所有的东西
"No Jack Paar in this shithole."
杰克 帕尔不会出现在这个鬼地方
What's this place called?
这个地方叫什么
"This shithole." You're kidding.
这鬼地方 你在开玩笑
Well, not officially, but by anyone who's been here.
好吧 非正式的 不过来这儿的人都这么说
Now the good thing about this place,
所以这个地方的好处在于
it's a great spot to catch unusual acts
这是一个观察不寻常的行为的绝佳地点
you might never see anywhere else.
你在其他任何地方都见不到
Hey, who's this guy?
嘿 这是谁
He's from Montana.
他来自蒙大拿州
And what's his blood type?
他是什么血型
I don't know.
我不知道
Well, you told me one useless piece of shit detail,
好吧 你告诉了我一点完全没用的信息
I thought you could throw in another.
我以为你还能再来一点
What?
干嘛
What are you doing?
你在做什么
I had a funny thought.
我有一个很有趣的想法
Well, by all means, keep it a secret.
好吧 请你务必要保密
All the best comics do.
所有的喜剧演员都会这么做
I should get another notebook.
我应该再准备一个笔记本
What on earth is he doing?
他到底在搞什么鬼
Ladies and gentlemen, I have terrible news.
女士们先生们 我有一个坏消息
My best friend,
这么多年以来
my partner for many years...
我最好的朋友以及搭档
he was like a brother to me...
他对我来说就像一个亲兄弟
Randy here...
兰迪 在这儿
has committed suicide.
自杀了
Look.
你看
Lifeless.
毫无生气
I just found him backstage, and...
我刚在后台找到他的尸体 然后
he didn't even leave a note.
他甚至没有留下一封遗书
But...
但是
the show must go on.
表演必须要继续
And so I will now do our two-man show act
所以我将会在没有他的情况下
without him.
完成我们的双人表演
Hey there, Randy, how you doing tonight?
嘿 兰迪 今晚过的怎么样
And then Randy would say,
然后兰迪就会说
"You mean who am I doing tonight?"
你是说我今晚要干谁
That would always get a pretty big laugh.
那总是会得到一片笑声
He had such great delivery.
他抖包袱抖得很棒
And then I'd say, "Randy",
然后我会说 兰迪
watch what you're saying, there's ladies in the audience."
注意你的措辞 台下有女观众呢
And he'd say...
然后他会说
And he'd say...
然后他会说
He'd say "How big are their tits?"
她们的乳♥房♥♥有多大
Why is this so funny?
为什么这个这么好笑
I have no fucking idea.
我什么也不知道
Hey, you don't think this is funny?
嘿 你觉得这不好笑吗
People are funny in Montana.
蒙大拿州的人都很有趣
My God.
我的天哪
So how come when you're having trouble sleeping,
所以当你睡不着的时候
they tell you to count sheep?
人们叫你去数羊
I mean, sheep are quite adorable, aren't they?
我是说 羊都长得很可爱 不是吗
Yeah, I see a little sheep jumping over a fence,
是啊 我看见一只小羊跳过了栅栏
I become invested in that cute little sheep's life story.
我被那只可爱的小羊的生活给迷住了
Where's he running to?
他在跑向什么
What's he running from?
他从哪里跑来的
And now, instead of getting sleep,
现在 比起好好睡觉
I am wide awake with anxiety
我清醒又焦虑
worrying if my new little friend's gonna be okay.
担心我新认识的小朋友过的好不好
Upstairs at the Downstairs.
楼上楼下
Now this is a good mainstream club.
这是一个很好的主流俱乐部
Everybody comes here.
所有人都会到这来
Bookers, managers, agents, writers come here all the time.
预订人 经理 经纪人 写手总是到这儿来
I'll tell you, I like having things to do,
我告诉你 我喜欢有事可做
but I hate having to do things.
但是我又很讨厌要做些事
Same words, different order, makes all the difference.
一样的话 不同的顺序 一切都会改变
Having things to do, that's an option.
有事可做 那是种选择
Having to do things, that's a demand.
要做些事 那是个命令
Having things to do, quite pleasant.
有事要做 十分愉快
Go for a walk, catch a ball game, meet a friend for coffee.
去散个步 看场球 跟朋友约个咖啡
Having to do things, never pleasant.
要做些事 总是不愉快
Take out the trash, change a lightbulb,
倒垃圾 换灯泡
go visit your mother.
去拜访你的母亲
See, this guy here, he's not really my thing,
看到了吗 这个人 不是我喜欢的类型
but he's very solid. These are the things
但是他很扎实 这是我们在
that we need to learn in school.
学校要学的东西
Instead, they teach us a whole bunch of things
相比之下 他们教了我们一大堆
that we will never, ever use,
我们永远也不会用的东西
like knowing about the War of 1812.
像是了解1812年战争
Come to think of it, that's all I remember.
仔细想来 那是我能记住的所有的东西
I don't remember what that war was about.
我不记得那是场什么战争
I think it was because it was 1812.
我认为那是因为在1812年
They had no radio, no TV.
他们没有收音机 没有电视
There was nothing to do except go to war.
除了打仗没什么事情可做
"So, why are we at war?"
所以 我们为什么要打仗
"Because it's 1812."
因为这是1812年
You see how he waits after the laugh.
你看到了他在等待观众的笑声
Now, sometimes... and you got to feel it...
有时候 你必须得去感受
I-if you let a joke sit long enough...
如果你让一个笑话持续足够长的时间
Two laughs for the price of one.
能够收♥货♥双重回报
All right.
好了
Hey, that's Marty Kahn.
嘿 那是马蒂 卡恩
Is that good?
他很厉害
Marty Kahn is a very important booker.
马蒂 卡恩是一个很重要的预订人
He handles a lot of the Eastern seaboard clubs.
他管理着很多东部海岸线的俱乐部
I want to meet him.
我想要见他
I want you to meet him. Okay.
我想要你去见他 好的
Lots of confidence.
更有自信一点
And remember.
还有要记住
I know, tits up.
我知道 挺胸
Marty Kahn, how the hell are you?
马蒂 卡恩 你过得怎么样
Susie Myerson.
苏西 梅耶松
My card. Okay.
我的名片 好的
Personal management?
人事管理
What do you manage?
你在管理什么
I manage her. Singer?
我在管理她 唱歌♥的
Comedienne. Really. She funny?
喜剧演员 真的吗 她很有趣
She's hilarious. She's got a great, tight ten,
她可搞笑了 她很棒 能打十分
working on some new material. Time to expand, you know?
在发掘一些好苗子 是时候扩张了 你知道吗
Well, she's a looker. I'd love to see her work.
好吧 她长得很漂亮 我希望能见到她表演
Well, I will let you know once we have a firm date nailed down.
一确定时间我就会告诉你的
Hey, can I get a couple more cards for my partners?
嘿 能给我的搭档一些名片吗
Sure, Marty.
当然 马蒂
HHow many partners you got? Three.
你有多少搭档 三个
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表