You're kidding.
你在开玩笑吧
Where's my kiss?
奖励我的吻呢
I should be kissing the brisket.
我应该感谢胸肉
The next act up
下一个表演
is a nice clean- cut young man,
来自一个干净整洁的年轻人
somebody your mother would love.
是那种妈妈会喜欢的人
He's a comedian.
他是一个喜剧演员
Give a big hand for Joel Maisel.
掌声有请乔尔 麦瑟尔
Thanks a lot.
谢谢大家
So many of you may have read the book.
那么 你们很多人都读过那本书
The Hidden Persuaders.
隐藏的说服者
It's about Madison Avenue's marketing men
这本书是关于麦迪逊大街的营销人
and how they create the public personas
以及他们如何创造
we all learn to know and trust and vote for.
我们都知道 信任且支持的公众人物角色
Well, what if,
那么 如果
during the Civil War,
在南北战争期间
there was no Lincoln?
根本没有林肯这个人呢
What if they had to create him?
如果是他们创造了林肯的形象呢
This is a telephone conversation
亚伯拉罕 林肯与他的新闻发言人
just before Gettysburg.
内容是这样的
Hi, Abe, sweetheart. How are you, kid?
嗨 亚伯亲爱的 你好吗 小子
How's Gettysburg?
葛底斯堡怎么样
Sort of a drag, huh?
有点吃力对吧
Well, Abe, you know
那个嘛 亚伯 你知道
them small Pennsylvania towns...
宾夕法尼亚的那些小镇们
you seen one, you seen them all.
都是千篇一律
What's the problem?
有什么问题吗
You're thinking of shaving it off?
你想把胡子刮掉
Abe,
亚伯
don't you see that's part of the image?
你不知道这是你形象的一部分吗
Right, with the shawl and the stove pipe hat
没错 披着披肩 戴着绅士帽
and the string tie.
还有蝴蝶领结
You don't have the shawl?
你没有披肩啊
Where's the shawl, Abe?
披肩放哪了 亚伯
You left it in Washington?
你把它丢在华盛顿了
What are you wearing, Abe?
那你穿的是什么 亚伯
A sort of cardigan?
某种开襟羊毛衫
Abe, don't you see that doesn't go
亚伯 你不觉得这和
with the string tie and beard?
蝴蝶领结还有胡子不搭吗
Abe, would you leave the beard on
亚伯 你能留着胡子
and get the shawl?
然后披上披肩吗
All right, now, Abe, you got your speech, right?
好了 亚伯 你现在是要做演讲是吧
Abe, you haven't changed the speech, have you?
亚伯 你没改演讲内容吧
$3.30 and one subway token.
3.3美元 还有一个地铁代币
I'll take that token.
代币我就拿着了
Tonight was great. I killed.
今晚太棒了 我秒杀全场
I had a good time, so I killed.
我过得很愉快 所以我很棒
I need an audience. I feed off an audience.
我需要观众 观众就是上帝
I finished, people started to leave. Did you see that?
我一结束 观众们就走了 你看到了吗
I almost left myself.
我自己都想走了
10:30. Perfect slot.
十点半真是完美的时间点
Give me that slot again next time.
下次也让我在这个时间上场吧
Hey. Here.
嘿 拿着
Saw your act.
看到你的表演了
Don't forget the latkes.
别忘了带薯饼来
Who's that guy?
那人是谁
She works there.
她在那上班
Only in the Village.
没见过世面的人
Taxi!
出租车
You got three more laughs tonight
你今晚比上次的表演
than you did last time,
多收获了三次哄堂大笑
and a couple of extra, like, laughlets.
还有几次额外的 嗯 轻笑声
But what you were shaking your head for?
但你为什么还是摇头
Nothing. You were great.
没什么 你很棒
I was great.
我很棒
You know,
其实
you don't really say hello to the audience.
你好像不怎么和观众打招呼
Maybe you should write a beginning,
也许你该写个开场白
something that says who you are or something.
介绍一下自己之类的
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样
Good evening. What a nice...
晚上好 多么美好的
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.
晚上好 女士们先生们
Thank you for the nice... nice...
十分感谢这个美好的 美好的
"Nice" is a bad, bad word.
美好是个很糟糕的词
All that applause for me?
这些掌声是给我的吗
What am I, putting out after?
我是什么 扑灭欲♥火♥的人吗
One standing ovation, everyone goes home pregnant.
一次起立欢呼 人人怀孕回家
Maybe you could do impressions to start.
也许你可以用表演引入
You do a great one of my aunt Bertha
你模仿我的阿姨贝莎
ordering dinner.
点餐的样子很精彩
"A garnish can be festive but deadly."
配菜可以增添节日氛围 但也很致命
Good night, Gracie.
晚安 亲爱的
Good night, Gracie.
晚安 亲爱的
Hey.
嘿
Good morning.
早上好
Did the alarm go off?
闹钟响了吗
It sure did.
早就响了
Wow. I didn't hear it at all.
哇 我完全没听到
You never do.
你睡太死了
Good morning, Jerry. Good morning, Mrs. Maisel.
早上好 杰里 早上好 麦瑟尔夫人
Hello. It's me.
有人吗 是我
Good morning, Miss Miriam. Can I get you some coffee?
早上好 米里亚姆小姐 你要来杯咖啡吗
Yes, Zelda, please.
好的 塞尔达 麻烦了
Good morning, Papa.
早上好 爸爸
Good morning, Ethan.
早上好 伊森
Good morning, Ethan.
早上好 伊森
Ethan. Ethan. Ethan.
伊森 伊森 伊森
E... Never mind.
伊 当我没说
Here you are. Did you get coffee?
给你 你要咖啡了吗
Yes, and a great welcome from my son.
要了 还收到了我儿子的热烈欢迎
Men. Thanks for taking the kids last night.
男人啊 谢谢你们昨晚照顾我的孩子们
Were they okay?
他们乖吗
We need to talk about the baby.
我们要谈谈那个小婴儿
Why? What's the matter with her?
为什么 她怎么了
That forehead is not improving.
她额头的情况一直没有改善
What? Are you sure? It's getting bigger.
什么 你确定吗 越来越大了
The whole face will be out of proportion.
这么下去她的脸都要变形了
Look at the nose. It's elongating now.
看她的鼻子 越来越长了
The nose is not the problem. The nose you can fix.
鼻子不是问题 鼻子可以整
But this gigantic forehead.
但是这个巨大的额头
Ma, there's always bangs.
妈 会有刘海遮住的
I'm just afraid she's not a very pretty girl.
我只是担心她长得不好看
Mama, she's a baby. I just want her to be happy.
妈妈 她还是个小婴儿 我只是希望她开心
It's easier to be happy when you're pretty.
长得好看的话心情总会好点
You're right. Bangs will help.
你说得没错 刘海会有用的
Zelda, don't clean in here. It's fine just the way it is.
塞尔达 这里不用打扫了 这样挺好的
How did Joel's little show go?
乔尔的小演出怎么样
It went very well.
演出非常棒
I still don't understand this whole thing.
我还是不明白这一整套的东西
Whom is he performing for?
他是给谁表演
Anyone who shows up. And they pay you?
所有在场的人 他们会给钱吗
They pass around a basket at the end of your set,
在你的表演结束时观众会传递一个篮子
and whatever's in it you get to take home.
最后篮子里的东西就是你的了
If you need money, we can give you money.
如果你们缺钱的话 我们可以资助你们
No, we don't need money.
不 我们不缺钱
Joel is funny, and he likes to do his comedy.
乔尔很搞笑 他也喜欢表演他的喜剧
How long are you going to be doing this,
你们打算这样过多久
running around at night,
晚上跑来跑去
taking money from strangers like a schnorrer?
像寄生虫一样拿陌生人的钱
As long as it's fun.
只要有趣就行
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表