And the turnout... 200 people RSVP,
还有出席的人 发出了200份请柬
200 people show.
200人都来了
This is a big day!
这真是隆重的一天
It's a hell of a day!
这真是太他妈棒的一天
Watch your mouth! And a great leap forward
说话当心点 也是为了家庭
for the family.
迈出的一大步
My God, boy, just a few years ago
我的天哪 孩子 几年以前
the Maisels were lugging pushcarts in shtetls.
麦瑟尔一家还只是在犹太小村拉着推车
And look at us now...
看看我们现在
On the verge of opening our first factory,
马上就要创办我们第一家工厂
hosting events that people clamor to come to...
举办着人人都嚷嚷着想参加的活动
Important people!
重要的人
Go ahead.
去吧
Tack the picture up on the headboard there.
把这张图钉在床头板上
Did you see the looks on people's faces
你看到人们脸上的表情了吗
when I told them that your cousin, Sergeant Meyer Schultz,
当我告诉他们你的表哥迈耶 舒尔茨中士
piloted the plane that struck that Jap battleship
在珍珠港偷袭事件的三天后驾驶了那架
three days after Pearl Harbor?!
击中日本战舰的飞机
They couldn't believe it.
他们简直不敢相信
He's a hero. You bet he's a hero.
他是个英雄 他当然是个英雄
And now, Joely, I'm gonna come clean with you,
还有现在 乔乔 我要和你坦白
'cause you're 13 and you're a man now.
因为你已经13岁了 是个成人了
He's not your cousin.
他不是你的表哥
He's not? No, he was our paperboy,
他不是吗 不是 他只是个报童
and just this side of idiot.
而且还是个白♥痴♥
See, it's all part of the big picture...
你看 这都是为了大局着想
The hall, the lavish buffet, the fake cousin.
那个宴会厅 奢华的自助餐 假的表哥
It's very important that you show people
向别人展示你比他们更强大更优秀
you're bigger and better than them.
是非常重要的
Because if they think it, then you'll be it.
因为如果他们这么想 你就真的会变成那样
That's how you get ahead in the world, become a conqueror.
这就是你领先众人成为胜利者的方法
Yes, sir. I want everyone to know
是的 父亲 我要所有人都知道
that you, Joel Maisel, are a conqueror.
你 乔尔 麦瑟尔是一个胜利者
And today, in that temple, in that banquet hall,
今天在那个庙里 在那个宴会厅里
they learned.
他们了解了
And now... we got to pay for it.
而现在 我们得付钱了
You understand?
你明白了吗
I could've just gone down the street,
我本来可以到街尾去
thrown your bar mitzvah in the room in the back
在你叔叔的保龄球馆后面
of your uncle's bowling alley.
随便找个地方举♥行♥你的成年礼
We would've gotten it for free.
我们本来可以免费举办的
Free's good. We like free.
免费很好 我们喜欢免费
But then, everyone who came to that bowling alley,
但是如果那样 每个到了保龄球馆的人
with its stench of beer and piss and lane oil,
都会闻到混合着啤酒小便和机油的恶臭
they would have known we got it for free,
他们会知道我们是免费举办的
and that is not acceptable.
那是不能够容忍♥的
No. Today these people walked in
不能 今天这些人走进来时
thinking their Saturday's been ruined
想着他们的周六
by another stupid bar mitzvah,
要被又一个愚蠢的成年礼糟蹋了
but they walked out thinking the Maisels...
但他们离去时 心里想的是麦瑟尔一家
are really going to be something.
真的能成就一番事业
It's Mommy rooster.
这是妈妈的叫早服务
Rise and shine, Joely.
太阳晒屁♥股♥了 乔乔
It's 7:00 in the a.m.
已经早上七点了
Good morning, Ma. Look at that.
早上好 妈妈 看看
Another gorgeous sunshiny day.
又是阳光明媚的一天
You should ride your bike. I don't ride bikes anymore, Ma.
你应该去骑骑车 我再也不会骑车了 妈妈
Wear a hat. You'll get a sunstroke.
戴顶帽子 你会被太阳晒坏的
I'm not riding a bike, Ma.
我不要去骑车 妈妈
It's been so nice having my boychik home.
能看到我的小宝贝回家真是太好了
I'll get your father's boxes out of here.
让我把你父亲的箱子拿出去
And the sewing machine, too. It's just temporary.
还有这台缝纫机 我只是暂时回来住
Sure, temporary, temporary.
当然 暂时的 暂时的
Ooh. I'm doing a load of whites.
我要洗一堆白衣服
Give me everything you got.
把你所有的衣服都给我
All your poopoo undies. You don't have to.
还有你所有粘着便便的内♥裤♥ 你不必这么做
Is this a girl's suitcase?
这是个女士行李箱吗
Ma, please. I need to get ready for work.
妈妈 拜托 我得准备去工作了
Of course. I'll make you a plate of yummy eggs.
没问题 我给你做一盘美味的鸡蛋
Would you like that?
你喜欢吗
Sure. Make me a plate of yummy eggs.
当然 来盘美味的鸡蛋吧
Now, don't bother looking under the bed
还有 不必麻烦在床底下翻箱倒柜
for the magazines you left when you moved out.
找你留下的宝贝杂♥志♥了
I found them and threw them out.
我已经把它们找出来全丢了
Bad boy.
坏小子
I don't want the magazines, Ma.
我不要那些杂♥志♥ 妈妈
Eggs'll be ready in a jiff.
鸡蛋马上就好
East Coast is exactly where we want.
东海岸正是我们想要的
But the West Coast operation is in disarray, and they say
但是西海岸运营状况一团糟 他们说
it's all due to supply. The chain is gridlocked,
都是因为供给问题 供给链不畅
and it's not seasonal anymore, it's year-round.
而且不再是季节性状况了 全年都如此
Dow Chemical's scrambling
陶氏化学公♥司♥正在
for supplies themselves... Phenolic resin,
奋力争夺供应量 酚醛树脂
formaldehyde... They can't get enough.
还有蚁醛 他们简直贪得无厌
Just pour some formaldehyde on a rag and hold it over my face.
干脆在布上倒点甲醛把我毒死吧
Their chief scientists say there are breakthroughs within sight,
他们的首席科学家说 取得重大突破仅一步之遥
but that's all they'll say.
但是除了这句话就没后文了
"Within sight"? That's nice and vague.
一步之遥 那可真是好听又虚晃
Any suggestions? There's nothing to do, boss,
有什么建议吗 我们什么都做不了 老板
except get in line and wait our turn.
只能排着队慢慢等
And hope we don't go out of business first.
然后祈祷我们别第一个关门大吉
Excuse me?
你说什么
We can't just wait.
我们不能坐以待毙
Everything'll come to a complete stop.
这样的话一切都会止步不前
What do you suggest, Maisel?
你有什么建议 麦瑟尔
Let's acquire the supply.
我们要获得供应商
What was that?
此话怎讲
We can't control our supply of chemicals
要是我们无法控制供应商
if we can't control the supplier.
我们就无法控制供给的化学品
So... let's become the supplier.
那我们干脆 就变成供应商
And how would that work? We buy Union Carbide?
这要怎么做 难道要买♥♥下联合碳化公♥司♥吗
We start small, Curtis.
我们一步一步来 柯蒂斯
We acquire a local lab.
我们先并购一家本地实验室
We dig through universities for talent.
在大学里挖掘有才能的学生
We got a few of those in New York.
我们在纽约已经招来几个人了
A few. We hire our own technicians, our own scientists.
是有几个 我们雇佣自己的技术人员和科学家
We build our own chain and become our own suppliers.
我们搭建自己的供应链 成为自己的供应商
They turn chemicals into plastic,
他们把化学品制成塑料
and we turn plastic into toys and coasters.
而我们把塑料做成玩具和杯垫
Hell, let's make the chemicals, too.
我们干脆也做化学品啊
Life magazine says conglomerates are the future.
生活杂♥志♥说 综合性企业才是未来
Francis, call Chase Manhattan.
弗朗西斯 打电♥话♥给大通曼哈顿银行
Let's take some baby steps.
让我们采取点措施吧
Set up a line of credit, see what's out there.
确立信贷额度 看看我们到底能做成什么
And we need to call the West Coast, give 'em a heads-up.
打电♥话♥给西海岸 给他们提个醒
Curtis, give 'em a buzz. Will do, boss.
柯蒂斯 给他们打电♥话♥ 没问题 老板
We should send the CFO out there, too.
我们还得派财务总监去跟进
As soon as possible. Now, what else, guys?
越快越好 还有其他事吗 伙计们
Just a couple of personnel things.
还有一些人事的事情
Can you believe our babies are turning four?
你敢相信我们的宝宝就要4岁了吗
They just turned three. They'll be in school
他们才刚3岁 他们就要去上学了
before you know it, then college,
一切都在不知不觉间 然后上大学
then marriage, they'll have babies,
结婚 有小孩
become grandparents... We'll be dead by then.
变成祖父母 那时候我们差不多就死了
Yay. Sorry.
真棒 不好意思
Wait. You put marbles in here. I'm doing marbles.
等等 你放了玻璃球 我才是负责放玻璃球
I thought you were doing gum. And you're putting.
我还以为你在放口香糖 你还在
Tiny Tina baby carriages in the boys' bags.
男孩的宝宝里放了小缇娜婴儿车
I told you, we should get gender-specific bags.
我跟你说过了 男女生应该用不同礼袋
Too much chatter. Sorry, Papa.
你们太吵了 不好意思爸爸
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表