We never do these things at your house, Abe.
我们从没在你们家用过晚餐 亚伯
Our place is bigger,
我们家更宽敞
Moishe, more entertaining space.
莫伊舍 接待客人更方便
Sorry I'm late, everybody.
抱歉 诸位 我来晚了
Joel. Thank God.
乔尔 谢天谢地 你终于来了
Hello, Mom.
你好 妈
Hello, Rose. Abe.
你好 罗斯 亚伯
Hello, Joel.
你好 乔尔
Somebody's sending a message, Shirley.
有人在使眼色 雪莉
What message? What are you talking about?
什么眼色 你说什么呢
Ethan wanted to say good night.
伊森想跟大家说晚安
Daddy. Hey, pal.
爸爸 嘿 小家伙
Get over here.
过来
You got your new pajamas on?
穿了新睡衣
Looks good, it looks good. Go say hi to Grandma, okay?
不错 真好看 去给奶奶打招呼 好吗
Yeah. Grandma. Come here, Ethan.
耶 奶奶 过来 伊森
You are such a precious boy.
真是个乖宝宝
All right, come on, come to Grandpa.
好了 过来 到爷爷这来
No, I don't want him to go.
不 我不想让他走
This might have to last me for a long, long while.
下次抱他可能要等到猴年马月了
You miss the Dodgers?
你想道奇队(美国加州洛杉矶的一支职棒大联盟球队)了吗
You know, they left because of you, right?
你知道吗 因为你他们离开了
Moishe. They left because
莫伊舍 他们离开是因为
you never went to a game, and they said,
你从不去看比赛 他们说
when the hell is Ethan coming to a game?
伊森到底什么时候才来看比赛
Shirley? Do you need something?
雪莉 你需要什么东西吗
Thank goodness...
我的天
There he goes.
又跑了
You know, my strongest memory of Joel is him running away from us
你知道 我对乔尔印象最深的就是他穿着绿色的小裤衩
in his little green pants.
从我们身边跑开
How are you doing, Miriam?
你还好吗 米里亚姆
I'm doing fine.
我很好
If you ever need anything, Shirley and I are here for you.
如果你有什么需要 尽管跟我和雪莉说
I appreciate that.
谢谢
You know, when my sister's husband died young,
你知道吗 我妹夫死得早
she started volunteering at the old ladies nursing home,
我妹妹就去养老院当志愿者
reading stories, teaching cha-cha classes,
为老太太读故事 教她们跳恰恰舞
things like that.
诸如此类
Helped her get through the long, lonely days,
借以消磨漫长孤寂的白天
and at night, jigsaw puzzles, portraits,
晚上 她就玩拼图 画画
basket of puppies was a big one.
她最喜欢画的是篮子里的小狗
Could you excuse me just a minute?
请允许我离开一下
Can I see you in the bedroom a minute?
你能跟我来卧室一趟吗
I just don't understand
我就不懂
why you didn't ask me to bring something.
为什么你不叫我带点东西过来呢
Because you're a guest, Shirley.
因为你是客人 雪莉
I don't even know what this is.
我都不知道这是什么
I'll make soup. Soup we understand.
我来做汤 汤我会做
Shirley, you're a guest. You're our guest.
雪莉 你是客人 你是我们的客人
You're a guest.
你是客人
What is that? Chicken soup.
这是什么 鸡汤
Where did that come from?
从哪儿来的
I put it in the freezer last time I was here.
我上次来的时候放冰箱里的
Do you have any matzo meal?
你们有逾越节薄饼吗
Never mind, I have some in my purse.
算了 我包里有
I think I brought some...
我记得我带了些
Stop there.
就站那儿吧
I am not a violent man, Joel.
我不是个暴♥力♥的人 乔尔
But if I were, I would take you upstairs to my apartment
不然的话 我就会把你带上楼
and throw you out the window.
把你从我的窗户扔出去
Do you know why I'm not throwing you out this window?
知道为什么我不把你从这个窗户扔出去吗
No. Because my window
不知道 因为我的窗户所在的楼层更高
is on a higher floor and I want to make sure it sticks.
我想确保能摔死你
Abe... No.
亚伯 别
You do not call me Abe.
别叫我亚伯
What do I call you? Nothing.
那叫你什么 什么也别叫
You call me nothing.
什么也别叫
You don't talk to me or look at me.
不要跟我说话 也别看我
If you see me on the street, you will cross the street,
如果你在街上看到我 就马上穿到街对面去
whether or not there is a crosswalk present.
不管有没有人行道
Your pedestrian safety is of no importance to me anymore.
你走路安不安全再也不关我的事
I... You what? You're sorry?
我 你怎么 你很抱歉
You didn't mean to do what you did? It just happened?
你不是故意的 事情就那样发生了
You have children, Joel.
你们还有孩子 乔尔
You made promises. I know.
你发过誓的 我知道
You stupid, stupid boy.
你这个傻小子
Where are you going to find a girl like Miriam again?
你上哪儿再找像米里亚姆这么好的姑娘啊
Dinner's ready, Papa.
晚饭好了 爸爸
Can I help you with that?
需要我帮忙吗
I've got it.
我可以的
You look really beautiful tonight.
你今晚很漂亮
Well, I've got an armful of meat.
我还端着一盘肉呢
Yeah, that can't hurt.
是啊 无伤大雅
We should probably figure out some logistics.
我们可能要好好商量下后续的事情
Logistics?
后续
You have things here. Clothes.
这儿还有你的东西 衣服什么的
I can pack them all up for you, if you'd like.
如果你需要 我可以都给你打包
Okay...
好吧
Can I come by and see the kids sometimes?
我可以时常来看看孩子吗
I'll take 'em out so I'm not here.
我会把他们带出去玩的
Of course. You're their dad.
当然 你是他们的爸爸
They love you. We'll figure something out.
他们爱你 我们会处理好的
We're sitting down, Shirley. I know.
我们该入座了 雪莉 我知道
I just wanted to do one more thing...
我只是想再做一件事
You've done so much already.
你做的已经够多了
Dinner, everyone. Move.
开饭了 各位 来吧
Abe, I know this is your gathering,
亚伯 我知道你才是这次聚会的主人
but I'd like to take a moment to talk about family.
但我想占用几分钟说说家事儿
Terrific. I know we're going through
很好 我知道我们正在经历
a rough, rough time, and I just want to
一段艰难的时光 我只是想
thank everyone for coming together tonight.
谢谢各位今晚的到来
Do you smell something burning? Because by coming together
你闻到烧焦的味道了吗 因为在这样困难的时期
under these trying circumstances
我们聚在一起
we're showing future generations,
向下一代展示
your Ethans, your Esthers, that in times of hardships,
包括你的伊森和埃丝特 在这种艰难的时刻
self-sacrifice is often necessary.
自我牺牲是必不可少的
Like the sacrifice I made pulling 13 Jews out of Germany
就像1943年 我从德国解救十三个犹太人时
in 1943. Here we go.
所做的牺牲一样 又开始了
I got that call, I didn't know who these people were,
我接到一通电♥话♥ 我并不知道他们是谁
I didn't know how to do it, I just knew there were
我也不知道怎么办 我只知道有十三个犹太人
13 Jews that wanted out of Germany,
想要逃离德国
and I was the man to get them out.
而我就是帮助他们出逃的那个人
At great cost. What I paid per head.
我付出了很大代价 为每个人都花了一笔钱
Okay, time to eat. Anyhow,
好了 可以开始吃饭了 尽管如此
the other day, sitting in temple,
前几天 我坐在圣殿时
looking at all the empty seats next to us...
看着我们旁边的那些空椅子
seats we paid for as a family...
那是我们还是一家人时买♥♥的位置
I was filled with great sadness.
我陷入了深深的悲伤
Something wrong, Abe?
有什么问题吗 亚伯
Seats I paid for, actually.
实际上 钱是我付的
You were going to pay me back...
你本来是要还我的
So it's about money.
所以就是因为钱吗
I didn't realize you were hurting.
我没想到你会为此难受
I'm not hurting.
我没有难受
I'm just saying we had an agreement.
我只是说我们之前说好了的
Well, you seem to have a nice life,
好吧 你看起来生活很幸福
you've got your lovely home,
你有一个温馨的家
you've got your servant here.
有一个仆人
Zelda is not a servant, she's an employee.
塞尔达不是仆人 她只是个员工
She's family. Family, too.
她是家人 对 她也是家人
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表