that a 13-year-old would offer to help.
要帮她的忙听起来很搞笑
The emphasis on education in the Jewish faith
犹太教中对于教育的重视
may be the thing that I admire the most.
可能是我最为赞赏的一点
Anyway, she let me try.
无论如何 她让我试了一试
And I graded them perfectly...
然后我完美地帮她打了分
without even using the key.
甚至都不用看答案
She looked at me, astonished, and then said,
她惊讶地看着我 然后说
"Abraham Weissman, you are a natural born"
亚伯拉罕 魏斯曼 你是天生的
"mathematician."
数学家
I was so proud.
太让我自豪了
Did you stay in touch with her?
你跟她还有联♥系♥吗
That moron? No. Abe.
那个蠢货吗 没有 亚伯
What? There were mistakes she didn't find
什么 她那天改的试♥卷♥里面
in the papers she graded that day.
有错误她都没发现
So I corrected them and immediately transferred
我把它们都改正过来后就立刻
out of her class. He couldn't just stop
转班了 他不知道
at the nice part... he just, he had to keep going.
适可而止 他一定要继续说
She left the school after that, on my recommendation.
那次之后她就辞职了 我建议的
I would like to propose a toast.
我们来举杯吧
I have never understood
我长这么大从来没听懂过
what Abe Weissman was talking about ever in my life.
亚伯 魏斯曼说的话是什么意思
One time I made the mistake of asking about his day.
有一回我真不该问他那天过得怎么样
45 minutes later, he was still talking,
45分钟过去了 他还说个不停
but I had taken to my bed.
而我已经回房♥睡觉去了
So for both of our sakes,
所以为了我们俩好
I'm very glad that he's finally found
我很高兴他终于找到了
some people who truly speak his language.
真正和他有共同语言的人
And apparently whatever he's been saying is very impressive.
而且很显然 不管他说的是什么其实都很令人倾佩
So please join me in toasting my father,
让我们一起祝贺我的父亲
the great Abe Weissman. Cheers.
致伟大的亚伯魏斯曼 干杯
L'chaim!
干杯(希伯来语)
What do we do? We should leave.
怎么办 我们走吧
We're not leaving. He's practically on top of us.
我们不走 他几乎和我们正对着
Wait, is that the secretary?
等会 她就是那个秘书吗
There are a thousand restaurants
城里面有上千家餐厅
in the city... what are the odds?
能遇到的几率有多大
One in sixteen thousand, four hundred fifty...
百分之零点零一万六千分四百四十
Twelve thousand, three hundred...
是百分之零点零一万二千三百
I'm taking into account weather effects,
我把天气因素都考虑进来了
that some restaurants are closed on Mondays...
有些餐厅星期一不开门
Yeah, yeah, but I'm calculating differentials in geography,
没错 但我算的是地理位置上 质量上的
quality... We get it, guys, the odds are low.
差异性 我们懂了 两位 几率很低
She doesn't even look Jewish.
她看起来甚至都不像是犹太人
Is she Jewish or...? We should leave.
她是犹太人还是 我们走吧
Papa, this is your celebration.
爸爸 今晚是你的庆祝宴
Don't let him ruin it.
别被他扫兴
I couldn't find my Finchley cuff links.
怪不得我找不着我的芬奇利袖扣
It was an omen. I should have heeded it.
这是个预兆 我应该注意到的
Papa, your cuff links were not an omen.
爸爸 你的袖扣丢了不是预兆
Her ankles are the same size as her calves.
她的脚踝跟她的小腿一样粗
Okay, if we're gonna stay, we should probably
够了 如果我们要留下来 我们应该
figure out something else to be talking...
聊个别的话题
We should go.
我们还是走吧
Put the egg rolls in your purse.
把蛋卷放进你的包里
My purse is silk. Fine.
我的包是丝绸做的 好吧
Anyone with pockets, grab a roll.
有口袋的人 装个蛋卷走
I'll get us a cab. We should walk.
我去打辆车 我们走回去吧
I'm in heels. Fine, we're getting a cab.
我穿着高跟呢 好吧 我们打车回去
Noah, get us a cab. Okay.
诺亚 去叫辆车 好的
Taxi!
的士
Taxi? Hey. Taxi!
的士 嘿 的士
Midge. Joel, please...
米琪 乔尔 拜托
I'm sorry. It's okay.
我很抱歉 没关系
I didn't know you'd be here. How could you?
我不知道你会在这 是的
I didn't know you came here. We don't. We never have.
我不知道你来了 没有 我们从来没来过
I've been steering clear of Barney Greengrass and Zabar's.
格林格拉斯餐厅和拉巴超♥市♥的人都避开我
I go all the way over to the East Side
我大老远跑到东区去
just to buy a pack of cigarettes.
只是为了买♥♥包烟
We're celebrating. It's a special occasion.
我们在庆祝 是个特别的聚餐
My father got a job at Bell Labs.
我父亲要到贝尔实验室工作了
Bell Labs? Wow, that's terrific. He finally got it.
贝尔实验室吗 哇 太棒了 他终于如愿以偿
It's a special occasion. That-That's all.
一个特别的聚餐 仅此而已
I'll never come here again.
我再也不会来这里了
We'll never come here again.
我们再也不会来这了
I'm sorry. I just...
我很抱歉 我只是
I didn't mean to spoil the night.
我不是有意要破坏你们今晚的兴致
You didn't. It's...
你没有
You should go back inside.
你应该回里面去了
Tell your...
告诉你的
That's great...
太棒了
about Bell Labs.
去贝尔实验室
And this is Rabbi Schneerson.
这是拉比 施内尔森
A very good man, but that card's in every pack,
一个非常伟大的人 每个包裹里都有这张卡
so no one will trade you for him.
所以没人会找你要走他
Capers and mustard.
酸豆和芥末
That's it for things I recognize in here.
冰箱里我只认得这两样东西
We should have taken the champagne.
我们应该把香槟也带走的
It was already poured. That's why God invented funnels.
它已经开封了 这就是为什么上帝创造了漏斗
No, wait, I see cottage cheese.
等会 我找到了白软干酪
I like cottage cheese. You got a Hirchensohn!
我喜欢白软干酪 这张是Hirchensohn
Chief rabbi of Hoboken!
霍博肯的拉比领袖
Have you ever seen a Hirchensohn?
你见过Hirchensohn的圣卷吗
To be honest, I've never seen rabbi trading cards.
说实话 我从来没见过拉比会交易卡片
One of the wonders of Israel.
犹太人的一大奇观
That and Shabbat on a kibbutz.
另一奇观是在基布兹集体农场上过安息日
Okay, this might be soup or gravy. I don't know.
好了 这碗可能是汤或者肉汁 我不知道
It's a container of brown... should we try it?
一碗褐色的汤或汁 谁想喝
This is no longer cottage cheese.
这也不是白软干酪了
I can't believe someone actually came in here
我简直不敢相信真的有人进来这里
to steal the gefilte fish... we could be eating that.
偷走了鱼饼冻 不然我们现在就能吃上了
Astonishing. You sure it's not here?
令人震惊 你确定不在这里吗
I looked. We looked.
我找过了 我们找过了
Can I go to bed now?
我可以去睡觉了吗
Of course, sweetie.
当然可以 亲爱的
Here, I'll take you. And I can sneak in
来 我带你去 我可以顺便潜进去
and steal a little kiss for my baby Esther.
偷偷亲一下埃丝特宝贝了
No, the baby just went to sleep, Astrid.
不 宝宝才刚睡着 阿斯特丽德
I promise you can kiss her in the morning.
我保证你明天早上就可以亲她了
Good night, Ethan. Sweet dreams.
晚安 伊森 好梦
Cookies. I found cookies.
饼干 我找到饼干
Ignore what your brother says...
甭管你弟弟说的话了
you are officially my favorite.
我宣布你是我最爱的孩子
It's not going to last.
不会长久的
What's not? Joel and that woman.
什么不会长久 乔尔和那个女人
I saw him check his watch. Twice.
我看到他看表了 两次
Mama, don't... Trust me.
妈妈 别 相信我
That girl is on her way out.
那个女孩要出局了
Cookie for a smoke?
来块饼干换根烟吗
If the parents catch us, this was your idea.
如果被爸妈发现了 都是你的主意
What a dinner?
今晚那顿饭真够呛
What? Did something unusual happen?
怎么 有什么异常状况吗
I wasn't paying attention.
我当时没留意
I still can't believe you and Joel split.
我还是不相信你跟乔尔分开了
Wasn't my plan, believe me.
我也没想过 相信我
It's so disappointing. I really liked the guy.
太令人失望了 我以前挺喜欢他的
God, and that girl he was with.
天啊 还有他旁边那女的
When I saw that, I thought, "I should hit him."
我看到他 我就在想 我要去揍他
And I would've.
我差点就去了
But then I remembered once we were joking around,
但我想起那次我们在开玩笑
and I sort of fake-punched his arm...
我假装打了他手臂一拳
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表