We got to head home, too.
我们也要回家了
We can't leave. I have an early morning meeting.
我们还不能走 我明早有个早会
I say we just tell everybody it was Allen Ginsberg.
要我说咱们告诉大家 他是艾伦 金斯堡
You're up.
到你了
What? What did he say?
什么 他刚刚说了什么
I think she said you're up.
我想她刚刚说到你了
Goodie.
太好了
Man.
男人
Thank you Janet Shaw.
谢谢 珍妮特 肖
Don't need to go to Spokane now.
现在不需要去斯波坎了
All right, up next, we have a comedian.
好了 接下来是一出喜剧
That's you. Go. Be funny.
到你了 快去 闹翻全场
Joel Maisel.
乔尔 麦瑟尔
Whoo!
哇哦
Thank you. Thanks a lot.
谢谢 非常感谢
So exciting.
太兴奋了
So...
那么
my sweater...
我的毛衣
It's a new sweater,
其实这是一件新毛衣
but I asked my wife to bring it to me
但是是我夫人带来个给我的
because I work during the day,
因为白天我要工作
so she does, and I put it on.
她这样带来了 然后我就穿上了
Holes.
发现都是 洞
Holes in my sweater.
全是洞的毛衣
So I asked, "How did this happen?"
然后我就问 这到底是怎么回事
And she says "Moths."
然后她回答 蛀虫
And I'm like, "Moths? What moths?"
然后我就问 蛀虫 什么蛀虫
And she says "Ted."
然后她回答 泰德
"Ted the Moth."
泰德斜纹蛀虫
He's very avant garde.
他很前卫啊
Th-That was just... That was just something
这 这就是 这件事就是这样
that, happened.
这样 发生的
Okay. So...
好了 那么
anyhow, this is,
另外 我今天要说的是
a press agent talking to Abe Lincoln.
一位媒体经纪人与亚伯 林肯的谈话
Hi, Abe, sweetheart. How's Gettys...
嘿 亚伯 甜心 格蒂斯怎么样
Sorry. Did... Did any of you read the book.
不好意思 你们 你们是否看过这本书
The Hidden Persuaders?
《隐秘的说服者》
It's about marketing agents,
是关于营销代理的
and they had to create Abe Lincoln.
他们必须创造一个人物亚伯 林肯
I mean, if they had to create Abe Lincoln.
我是说 如果他们必须创造亚伯 林肯
The book's not about that.
这本书和我要讲的无关
This... this bit...
这个 这个
Anyhow...
不管怎样
Hi, Abe, sweetheart. How's Gettysburg?
嗨 亚伯 葛底斯堡进攻得怎么样
Kind of a drag?
有点吃力吗
Well, Abe, you know them small Pennsylvania towns...
亚伯 你知道在宾夕法尼亚州的那些小镇吗
you seen one, you seem them all.
他们都一样
What's the problem?
有什么问题
You're thinking of shaving it off?
你想把胡子剃掉吗
Abe, don't you see?
亚伯 你还不懂吗
That's, That doesn't go with the string tie and b...
那和领结不搭调啊
Don't you see that's part of the image?
难道你不觉得这和你形象挂钩吗
Right, with the shawl and the stove
看到了 披肩 火炉帽
pipe hat and the string tie.
还有领结
You told me to talk about my sweater.
是你要我说我的毛衣的
I know.
我知道
I just thought you'd put it
我只是让你把它
into some sort of joke form or something.
当作一个笑话来讲
Sorry.
对不起
Don't.
别写
Can I get you anything?
需要我帮你拿什么吗
What are you doing?
你在干什么呢
I have to go.
我要走了
I have to leave.
我必须离开
You. I have to leave you.
你 我必须要离开你
That's my suitcase.
那是我的箱子
It is?
是吗
You going to leave me with my suitcase?
你是要拿着我的行李箱离开我吗
Joel, tomorrow's Yom Kippur.
乔尔 明天是赎罪日
I'm... I'm... I'm not happy.
我 我 我不开心
Nobody's happy. It's Yom Kippur.
没有人是开心 明天是赎罪日
I don't know how to do this.
我不知道该怎么做
I'm not good at things like this.
我不擅长这种事情
Things like what? Like leaving me?
什么事情 离开我吗
Yes. So don't. Practice a little.
是的 那就别走 先练练吧
Try it again when you feel more confident about the moves.
等你更有信心再试吧
Yeah. I know he is.
我知道
Five years we've been trying to get the rabbi,
五年里我们一直希望他来
and this year we got him. We got the rabbi.
今年终于得偿所愿 拉比终于要来了
I should go. No. PPlease.
我该走了 不 求你别走
I don't understand.
我不明白
I thought my life was going to be something different.
我以为我的人生会与众不同
I thought I was going to be someone different,
我以为我会与众不同
but tonight was just so terrible.
但今晚简直糟糕透顶
I mean, a whole room full of people just watching me bomb.
一屋子的人看着我丢人现眼
It was one stupid night.
就是个糟糕的夜晚而已
And I'm up there dying,
我站在那里 简直想死
and I'm thinking about last week.
然后我想起上周
We're in temple, and the rabbI tells
我们在聚会上 拉比讲了
and suddenly the whole synagogue goes nuts.
突然之间整个集♥会♥上的人都疯了
So? He got more laughs in five minutes
然后呢 他在五分钟里得到的笑声
than I did in five months.
比我在五个月里得到的还要多
You're jealous of the rabbi?
你不会是嫉妒拉比吧
Did you ever think you were supposed to be something,
你有没有想过你可能会成就大事
and, and you suddenly realize you're not?
然后突然你发现你其实一无是处
Yes. Married.
有啊 我结婚了
That's good. You're good. Joel, please.
呵呵 挺好 你挺好的 乔尔 拜托
I'm never going to be a professional comedian, Midge. Never.
我永远也成不了专业的喜剧演员 米琪 永远都成不了
No, of course not.
是啊 你说的对
What do you mean, of course not?
你什么意思 什么叫我说得对
What do you mean, what do I mean?
你问我什么意思是什么意思
What did you think all those nights at the club were?
那你以为在俱乐部的那些夜晚是做什么
I thought they were fun.
我觉得挺有意思的
I thought they were our fun couples thing,
我以为那就是我们夫妻俩找找乐子
like how the Morgensterns play golf
就像摩根斯顿夫妇打高尔夫
or how the Meyers ballroom dance
或是梅耶夫妇跳交际舞
or how the Levins pretend they're from Warsaw once a week
还有莱文夫妇每周都要假装他们来自华沙
to get 10% off of that Polish restaurant
这样去那家波兰餐馆吃熏肠
that does Kielbasa Night. I can't believe this.
就能打个九折 我真是不敢相信
I never knew you were serious about it.
我从不知道你把这当真了
Of course I was serious, Miriam.
我当然是认真的 米里亚姆
What the hell ever made you think I wasn't serious?
到底是什么让你认为我不是认真的
Well, for starters, you were doing someone else's act.
首先 你模仿别人的表演
I told you, everybody does that when they start.
我告诉过你 大家一开始都这么干
If you wanted to be a comedian,
如果你想做喜剧演员
you should have at least written a joke.
你至少应该自己写一个笑话吧
I tried with the Ted thing.
我不是写了那个什么泰德的笑话嘛
I wrote the Ted thing. And it bombed.
那是我写的 然而失败了
Because you killed it. Forget it.
因为你没有发挥好 算了吧
Joel, come on. You have a job.
乔尔 不要这样 你还有工作啊
Yet the comedy was a dream.
但喜剧是我的梦想
Do you know what a dream is?
你知道梦想是什么吗
A dream is what keeps you going
梦想是促使你做讨厌的工作
in a job you hate.
的动力
Since when do you hate your job?
你什么时候开始讨厌你的工作了
Do you know what I do, Midge?
你知道我是做什么的吗 米琪
You're the vice president of...
你是副总裁
No, no, no, no.
不 不 不 不
Do you know what I do every day?
你知道我每天都在干什么吗
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表