People with the best of intentions just grow apart.
出于好意 人们随着成长就彼此分开了
That's all. Just wanted you to know.
仅此而已 就想让你知道这点
That you and Midge split up?
知道你和米琪分手了吗
Yes. Okay. Sorry to hear it.
是的 好的 我很遗憾
I always liked Midge.
我一直很喜欢米琪
Just not the one?
不是对的人 是吗
That's gonna be a hell of a phone call to your mother.
打电♥话♥告诉你母亲这件事太残忍♥了
I'll do it when I get home.
等我回家我会打给她的
Home? Okay. You'll call your mother when you get home
回家 好的 你回家后打电♥话♥给你母亲
and let her know your marriage is over.
让她知道你的婚姻完蛋了
That'll be terrific. Hey!
那太棒了 嘿
Don't bother calling your mother. I'll tell her.
别打给你妈妈了 我会告诉她的
That roll of pink tulle you're dragging across the ground...
你拖在地上的那卷粉色薄纱
it's French.
是法国的
Do you know what else is French? The guillotine!
你知道还有什么是法国的吗 断头台
Turn your back for one minute,
一分钟不看着
everybody is the village idiot.
就都变成乡下白♥痴♥
Well, at least Abe's gonna be happy.
好吧 至少亚伯会很开心
What are you talking about? He never thought much of you.
你在说什么 他从来都没看上你
That's not true. No?
不可能 不可能吗
Okay. My mistake.
好吧 我错了
Put it down!
放下
Put it... Let me see your hand.
放 让我看看你的手
Up in the air... left hand right now!
举起左手 马上
Morning, Professor.
早上好 教授
Good morning, Professor Weissman.
早上好 维斯曼教授
There it is.
就是这样
Study it.
好好研究下
Now, this matrix is composed of two row vectors...
现在 这个矩阵是由两个行向量组成
v-one and v-two, but the rank is only one.
V1和V2 但只有一个秩
Can anyone tell me why?
有人能告诉我为什么吗
No. No.
不 不
No. No. Truman?
不 不 杜鲁门
Because once it's reduced to echelon form,
因为一旦转换成梯阵式
there's only one independent vector.
就只有一个独♥立♥的向量
Correct. Now, can anyone tell me the nullity of this matrix?
答对了 现在有人能告诉我这个矩阵的零向量吗
No. No. No. No.
不 不 不 不
Truman? Unbelievable.
杜鲁门 又是他
I'm sorry. Do you have something to say?
抱歉 你有什么要说的吗
You never call on me. You never call on anyone.
你从来不叫我 也不叫别人
You only ever call on Truman.
你只会抽杜鲁门
Truman knows the answers.
杜鲁门知道答案
Truman always knows the answers.
杜鲁门总是知道答案
Yes, but we could know the answers.
是的 但是我们也能知道答案
Really? Did you?
真的吗 你知道吗
No.
不知道
Did you know the answer? No.
你知道答案吗 不知道
No? Did you know the answer?
不知道 你知道答案吗
No. No.
不知道 不知道
So none of you knew the answer.
所以你们没人知道答案
No. But Truman.
没有 除了杜鲁门
But we could have known the answer. That's the point.
但是我们本可以知道答案 这才是重点
Could have?
本可以
Could have. Charlie...
本可以 查理
Lance. Could have doesn't count.
兰斯 本可以 没意义
Maybe doesn't count.
也许 没意义
"I took a shot" doesn't count.
我猜的 也没意义
Because this room is a sanctuary
因为这个房♥间是一个
from the variables in the outside world.
远离外面世界变数的圣所
In this room, we deal with absolutes.
在这里 我们和绝对打交道
Period.
在我的课上
In this room...
在这个房♥间里
this is what counts.
这才是重要的
These two vectors are collinear.
这两个向量是共线的
They go... together.
它们在一条线上
And they will always go together.
并且它们永远都会在一条线上
This is the solemn vow made by mathematics.
这是神圣的数学誓言
In this room, v-two is never going to break that vow
在这里 V2永远不会打破这个誓言
and decide that it doesn't need the other vector anymore,
并且决定它不再需要其它的向量
that it's gonna run off and become linearly independent.
决定了它会逃跑并变成线性独♥立♥
V-two is never going to come home from work one day
V2永远不会某天下班回到家
and tell v-one, "You know what?"
告诉V1 你知道吗
"I think I need my own vector space.
我觉得我需要自己的向量空间
See ya."
再见
And then v-one's dad has to come in and tell her, "No",
然后V1的爸爸不得不走进来告诉她 不
"you can't let v-two do that.
你不能让V2那么做
You-you got to go get v-two back,"
你 你要让V2回来
an impermanent solution,
一个暂时的解决方案
because v-one's dad is not gonna be around forever
因为V1的父亲不会永远在她身边
to solve all of v-one's problems.
去解决V1所有的问题
Write that down.
记下来
And just like that, Joel left, in the middle of the night,
就这样 乔尔在半夜离开了
like a cat burglar. God, that's terrible.
像一个飞贼 天呐 太糟糕了
I'm so surprised. He seemed
我很惊讶 他看起来
so crazy about Midge. You want sugar today?
很爱米琪 今天要加糖吗
No. Maybe a lump.
不用 要不加一块
Two lumps. I put in three.
两块 我放了三块
It's a stressful time.
现在你压力挺大的
Drink.
喝吧
How is poor Miriam?
可怜的米里亚姆怎么样了
Who can tell with her?
谁能和她谈谈心呢
You know, maybe I sensed something.
你知道吗 我可能察觉到了不对劲
But just last week, I told her to get pregnant again.
但上周 我还叫她再要个孩子
Too hot.
太烫了
I told her, "Three before 30." That was my mistake.
我跟她说 30岁之前要3个孩子 是我的错
I waited too long between Miriam and Noah.
生米里亚姆和诺亚之间我隔太久了
I could only fit in two. You need to drink the tea, honey.
我只能要两个了 亲爱的 先喝茶吧
But Miriam is Miriam.
但是米里亚姆就是米里亚姆
She wanted to play and run around
她想到处游玩
dressed in black like a FellinI film.
像费里尼电影里一样穿黑衣服
It's fine now.
现在不烫了
There's beer in her refrigerator.
她冰箱里有啤酒
Dear. Joel thinks she's frivolous.
天呐 乔尔觉得她轻浮
That's why he left. She's always been her own girl.
所以他抛弃了她 她一直在做她自己
Do you remember when
你还记得
she wanted to learn to drive?
她想学开车那会儿吗
Because she found pink driving gloves.
因为她发现了粉色的驾驶手套
Everything with Midge starts with an accessory.
米琪的所有想法都是由配饰激发的
How's Abe taking all this?
亚伯怎么说的
Abe got up this morning and went to work.
亚伯今天早上起床就去上班了
The world could be ending, and he'd get up and go to work.
就算世界要毁灭 他还是会起床去上班
And if Columbia University fell into the ocean,
如果哥伦比亚大学沉入了海里
he'd work from home.
他就会在家里工作
Here. Does the rabbi know?
给你 拉比知道吗
What? No. God, no. Good.
什么 不 天啊 不知道 很好
Can you imagine? I don't want to.
你能想象吗 我不想
Very, very sick. You did not see me today.
非常 非常严重 你今天没见过我
Who am I talking to? No one. I'm alone here.
我能跟谁说啊 没人 这儿就我一个
Okay, let's take a look at this.
好的 我们来看看这个
I failed her. I failed her somehow.
我对不起她 在某种程度上
My whole family, everyone's married.
我家族的每个人都结婚了
Abe's family, everyone's married.
亚伯家族的每个人也都结婚了
I should've sent her to Paris. My mother sent me to Paris.
我应该送她去巴黎的 我妈妈就送我去了巴黎
Paris is wonderful, but it's good Midge didn't go.
巴黎很棒 但是米琪没去是好事
There was danger for her there.
那对她来说很危险
Too much bread. Yes.
太多诱惑了 是的
Okay, let's see.
好的 来看看
I just need to know whether or not
我只需要知道是不是
this separation is actually going to happen.
真的要分开
I see a hammer. Is a hammer good?
我看见了一个铁锤 铁锤是好事吗
剧集 | 了不起的麦瑟尔夫人(2017) | 导航列表