剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
真是个有意思的头衔
What an interesting title.
你俩在哪上的法学院
Where'd you guys go to law school?
我们没读过法律
We didn't.
那你们能解释一下你们是如何直接参与到
Then can you explain how you've been directly involved
超过75起民事案件中的吗
in over 75 civil cases?
我们为律所提供融♥资♥服务
We provide financing to law firms
以便让他们在短时间内手头有大笔官司时
that allows them to cover operating costs
获取周转资金来支付必要的运营成本
while undertaking time-intensive legal battles.
比如像雷迪克&博斯曼这间律所
Law firms like Reddick/Boseman.
你们为多少个案子提供了资金支持
How many of their cases have you bankrolled?
-21个 -不
- Twenty-one. - No.
是23个
23.
你是怎么算的
Wha... how do you figure?
还有那次上诉和圣诞节的庭外和解
The appeal and the Christmas settlement.
不 是21个
No, that's 21.
不对 21加2是23
No, 21 plus two is 23.
就是21个
It's 21 period.
好了 先别管是21还是23了
Okay, let's leave it at 21 or 23.
雷迪克&博斯曼律所为你们提供什么
What does Reddick/Boseman give you
作为融♥资♥的回报呢
in return for this financing?
我们约定将庭外和解金额的一部分作为报酬
An agreed upon percentage of the settlement amount.
我假定雷迪克&博斯曼律所支付给你们的是
Well, I assume Reddick/Boseman
他们从庭外和解总金额中所获佣金的一部分
pays you your percentage out of theirs.
你是真的这么假定还是你只是想
Do you really assume that or are you just trying
通过说你假定来表达一个观点
to make a point by saying you assume it?
报酬百分比是按什么计算的 华少夫斯基先生
Where does the percentage come from, Mr. Warshofsky?
是23 不是21
It's 23, not 21.
好了 杰瑞 就
Okay, Jerry, j-just...
按照如果没有我们投资 委托人根本收不到的
From the client's percentage of money he never would've seen
那笔和解金中的一定百分比计算
if it weren't for the money we invested.
谢谢
Thank you.
在2月20日 就在达成庭外和解之前
On February 20, just before the settlement,
你们二位决定通过继续往此案中注资的方式
you gentlemen decided to increase your stake in the case
提高你们投资的分成比例 为什么会这么做
by investing more money. Why was that?
博斯曼先生非常自信他们将
Mr. Boseman was confident they'd
争取到500万美元的赔偿金
come in north of five million.
他有告诉你们他这么有信心的依据是什么吗
Did he tell you the basis for this confidence?
他有个内部消息来源
He had a-a source on the other side
告诉他对方愿意以此金额进行庭外和解
who told him they were ready to settle.
当时的这个对方内部消息来源是戴安·洛哈特
The other side at the time being Diane Lockhart.
博斯曼先生有没有告诉你们
Did Mr. Boseman tell you
对方出于什么原因这么急于达成和解呢
what the other side was nervous about?
他们发现了一项如果上庭
They-they discovered a piece of evidence
会对他们不利的证据
that would hurt them if they went to trial.
他跟我们说我们不允许跟任何人说
He told us that we're not allowed to-to tell anyone
我们在问询中被问了些什么问题
what they asked us in there.
没错 但你可以告诉我们你们说了些什么
Well, that's true, but you can tell us what you said.
这就是言论自♥由♥了
That's free speech.
-我 -我不想搅这趟浑水
- I... - I don't like getting involved in this.
-我们走吧 -等等 留步
- Let's go. - Wait, wait. One second.
我们一起赚了很多钱
Now, we have made a lot of money together.
-对吗 -没错
- Right? - Right.
那么你们是不是聊到了我们经手的一个案子
So, did you talk about one of our cases?
是某个警♥察♥暴♥力♥执法的案子吗
Was it one of the police brutality cases?
是我们正在代理的案子吗
Is it the one we're running now?
不是
No.
我觉得我们不应该继续回答问题了
I don't think we should answer any more.
我知道 但是
I-I know, but...
就再问一个问题
Just one more question.
是我和戴安共同代理的某案子吗
Is it a case that Diane and I worked on together?
是的 但不是共同代理的
Yeah, but not together.
妈的
Fuck.
但请别说脏话 好吗
But hey, please, don't swear, okay?
-好的 我明白 -我们
- Ah! Okay. I-I-I got it. - We...
会吓到杰
It bugs out Jer.
很抱歉
I'm sorry.
谢谢 谢谢你们能来
And thank you. Thank you for coming.
-祝你们好运 -谢谢
- Yeah. Yeah, good luck. - Thank you.
让我来
Let me get that.
谢谢
Appreciate it.
不客气
Yeah, yeah.
这跟托比·肯德尔先生的案子有关
It's about the Toby Kendall case.
他们是想指控我
They're coming after me
告诉你摄像头证据的那件事
for telling you about the camera evidence.
你没告诉过我任何有关摄像头证据的事
You didn't tell me about any camera evidence.
你让我雇佣了一个律师
You told me to hire an associate
然后 是她发现了证据
who, in turn, discovered evidence.
不 我没有 我透露了更多的信息给你
No, I didn't. I told you more.
而那足以吊销我的律师执照了
That's disbarrable.
戴安
Diane.
听我说
Listen to me.
我们都知道 有时我们会游走在法律的边缘
We all know we get close to the line sometimes.
但现在 我们都试着坚守在法律正义的一方
Now, we try to stay on the right side of the law.
你是想要成为一名好律师
You want to be a good lawyer,
但水至清则无鱼 你也知道你不得不这样做
you need to get close to that line and you know that.
这跟成为一名好律师无关
This wasn't about being a good lawyer.
这就是为了得到一份新工作
This was about getting a new job.
你才不是为了新工作
Not for you,
林德尔家的孩子才是 戴安
for the Rindell kid, Diane.
别再自责了
Stop kicking yourself.
我们正在对付的是
We are dealing with people who are coming at us
紧咬着我们最小的犯规之处不放的人
for the smallest infraction.
那么 我们该怎么为自己辩护
So, how do we defend ourselves?
夸大其词
Mere puffery.
你认真的
Seriously?
自从毕业我就没用过了 不过
I haven't used it since law school, but, hey.
我想我还从来没用过这招
I, I don't think I've ever used it.
-夸大其词
- Mere puffery.
这招真的有用吗
Does that even work?
我们试试就知道有没有用了
Uh, we will find out if it works.
我猜他们下一个会传召你
My guess is they call you next.
该死
Damn it!
老天 谁把你惹毛了
Yikes, who pissed you off?
我们能下次再找时间闲聊吗
Can we do the cute talk another time please?
也许我能帮你呢 什么事
Maybe I can help. What's up?
一串九位数 部分数字有重复
A nine-digit number, some repeats,
都和一些顶尖的首席执行官有关
all connected to top CEOs.
但它们都和纳税申报单号♥ 法律案件号♥
But none of them are from tax returns
或员工编号♥无关
or legal cases or employee numbers.
你有试过社会保障号♥码吗
Did you try Social Security numbers?
当然
Yes.
也许这些是密♥码♥
Maybe they're passwords.
然后恰好都是九位数的密♥码♥
That just happened to all be nine digits?
也许这些和有钱混♥蛋♥的秘密帮会有关
Maybe they're part of some secret society of rich assholes.
怎么了
What?
我先澄清一下 我从来没赢过任何东西
Just so I'm clear, I never win at anything.
比方说买♥♥彩票 我选的号♥一个都没中过
If it's a lottery ticket, none of my numbers ever match up.
好吧
Okay.
我见过这个数字
I know this number.
这也是 还有这里
Here, too, and here.
这是我去年的全年薪资和纳税表
This is my W-2 from last year.
然后
And, uh,
这里 那个数字 那是什么
here. There, that number, what is that?
美国公♥司♥联邦税号♥
Federal Tax I.D. Number.
和这个一样
It's the same.
《雨人》 达斯汀·霍夫曼主演的电影
其饰演的角色"雨人"患有自闭症但对数字有超强记忆力
你是什么人啊 雨人
Who are you, Rain Man?
你还没见过我玩21点的风采呢
You should see me at the blackjack tables.
这份全年薪资和纳税表从哪来的
Who's this W-2 from?
我上一份工作 洛哈特&德克尔
My last job, Lockhart, Deckler...
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表