剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
那是伪造的
They were forged.
亲爱的 我觉得他们不会这样认为
Honey, I don't think they'll believe that.
你是说 你录下我们的谈话
You're saying you were recording our conversations
用它来对付我的律所
and using them against my law firm
是明显在为我好吗
out of some clear concern for me?
没错
Yes.
联调局威胁说要起诉你
The Feds are threatening to prosecute you.
-他们在撒谎 -他们没有
- They're lying. - No, they're not.
我的天 那就别他妈利用我
Oh, my God, then don't fucking use me
来消除你的愧疚感 爸爸
to clear your conscience, Dad.
你想为自己做笔交易 那就去
You want to make a deal for yourself, do it.
别说是为了我
Don't do it for me.
他们在你律师的录音里找到了那段谎言
They discovered the lie on your lawyer's recording.
他们知道贿赂的事是杜撰的了
They found out the bribery was made up.
我为什么要相信你 爸爸
Why do I trust you, Dad?
因为
Because in, um,
十分钟后
in ten minutes,
你的合伙人们就会收到传票
your partners will be subpoenaed.
明天他们就会被拉到大陪审团前面
Tomorrow they'll be dragged in front of the grand jury.
克里斯特瓦不在乎能否定罪
Kresteva doesn't care about a conviction.
他只想要一张起诉书
All he wants is an indictment
就能毁了你们律所
to destroy your firm.
有五种法式酱料必不可缺
There are five essential French sauces.
如果想学做法国菜
If you are to learn French cuisine,
这些酱料就是基础
these are foundational.
这个奶酱做得很不错 阿德里安
Now, that is a beautiful velouté, Adrian.
谢谢
Ah, merci.
大家都过来看看阿德里安的成果
Everyone, come and look at Adrian's work here.
你们都要向他学习
This is what you want to imitate.
-博斯曼先生 -是我
- Mr. Boseman. - Oui.
你被传唤了
You've been served.
我很高兴你打给了我
I'm glad you called me.
我昨天还在想大学时候的事
I was thinking about college just yesterday.
我们要怎么征服世界
How we were gonna rule the world...
你基本上已经做到了 不是吗
Which you basically did, didn't you?
有什么特色菜吗
Are there any specials?
不知道 我没看宣传牌
I don't know. I didn't see the board.
我不是你服务生
I'm not your waiter.
芭芭拉·科斯达 你被传唤了
Barbara Kolstad, you've been served.
八位合伙人 四名律师被传唤
Eight partners subpoenaed, four associates.
他没查到什么
He's got nothing on us.
他没法立案
He has no case.
他不需要立案 芭芭拉
He doesn't need one, Barbara.
他还是能把我们拖到大陪审团面前
He'll still drag us in front of the grand jury,
大喊几声「反诈骗腐♥败♥组织集团犯罪法」
scream "RICO."
不管怎样他都能拿到起诉书
He gets his indictment no matter what.
-我同意 -你同意吗
- I agree. - You do?
是的
Yes.
大陪审团总会选择起诉
Grand juries always indict.
除非是警方施暴案
Unless it's a police brutality case.
除此之外还有个问题是
And then there's the additional problem
克里斯特瓦不相信那个受贿故事了
that Kresteva no longer believes our bribery story.
所以我们要怎么做
So what do we do?
他要的不是定罪
Well, he doesn't want a conviction.
我喜欢这耳环 尤其喜欢这形状
I like those earrings. Especially the shape.
谢谢
Thanks?
希望我也能戴这种耳环
I wish I could wear earrings like that,
-但会显得我无精打采 -埃尔斯贝特
- but they make my face droopy. - Elsbeth.
没错 抱歉 你太棒了
Right. Sorry. You're amazing.
他想让你们破产
Um, he wants to bankrupt you.
没错 我接到了佩斯里集团的电♥话♥
Right. I got a call from the Paisley Group.
昨天有联邦探员过去
There was a federal agent over there yesterday
问了一些关于我们的问题
asking questions about us.
他想吓跑我们的客户
He's trying to scare off our clients.
怎么了
What?
-怎么 -不 我说你怎么了
- What? - No, you. What?
-你本想说些什么的 -不 我只是
- You were about to say something. - No, I just...
我不知道这有没有用
I'm not sure if this helps,
但克里斯特瓦的上司
but Kresteva's boss,
助理总检察长
the assistant attorney general,
在担心这调查显得有些
was concerned that the investigation was seeming...
种族歧视
racist.
你怎么知道的
How do you know that?
我只是知道而已
I... I just know.
这样可行
That's a possibility.
什么可行
What's a possibility?
我不太想直接说出来
Uh, well, I don't want to say it.
我们是非裔美国人的律所
We're an African-American firm
被一个大多为白人的部门起诉
being persecuted by a majority white department?
你想让我们把回答引到种族问题上来吗
You want us to turn our answers toward race?
没错
Yes.
阻止被起诉的唯一办法
The only way to prevent an indictment
是停掉大陪审团
is to close down the grand jury.
而停掉大陪审团的唯一办法
And the only way to close down the grand jury
是说服助理总检察长威尔伯·丁肯
is to convince Wilbur Dincon, the assistant attorney general,
这事对他没好处
it's not in his interest.
而要说服他这事对他没好处的唯一办法
And the only way to convince him it's not in his interest
就是把回答引导到种族的问题上来
is to turn our answers toward race.
没错 我们只有一个观众 威尔伯·丁肯
Yep. We have an audience of one: Wilbur Dincon.
芭芭拉 你觉得呢
Barbara, what do you think?
打种族的牌吗
About using race?
那这就是种族的问题了
Well, it is about race.
阿德里安·博斯曼
Adrian Boseman.
我是雷迪克&博斯曼&科斯达律所的律师
I'm an attorney with the firm of Reddick, Boseman & Kolstad,
中西部最大的非裔美国人律所
the largest African-American firm in the Midwest.
被「美国律师」誉为国内前十的
Named by American Lawyer as one of the top ten
黑人律所
black firms in the country.
你说完了吗
You finished?
说完了
Yeah.
博斯曼先生 你在芝加哥当了多久的律师
Mr. Boseman, how long have you practiced law in Chicago?
35年
35 years.
我由哈罗德·华盛顿市长宣誓入职
I was sworn in by Mayor Harold Washington,
他是市里首位也是唯一一位黑人市长
the city's first and, so far, only black mayor.
其实我口袋里都还揣着张他的照片
I actually keep a photograph of him in my pocket just to
时刻提醒着我
remind me of the struggles of
那些在之前奋斗过
black people who've come before and...
为我铺平道路的黑人们
paved the way for me.
好了 谢谢你
Okay, thank you.
你会同意说 起诉芝加哥警局
Would you agree that suing the Chicago Police Department
是你们律所的主要收益流吗
has been a major income stream for your firm?
我同意我们的律所
I agree that our firm,
是一家由非裔美国人多数参股的律所
as a majority-owned African-American firm...
女士 我并没有问贵所的种族成分
Ma'am, I didn't ask about your racial makeup.
是的 但是你让我用自己的话来表达的
Yes, but you did ask me to answer in my own words,
这就是我的话啊
and these are my own words.
请继续
Please, continue.
谢谢
Thank you.
就像我说的
As I said, there's no mistaking that,
作为一家由非裔美国人拥有的律所
as an African-American owned firm...
威尔伯·丁肯
助理总检察长
"某些受害者会觉得到我们律所来
"...certain victims feel more comfortable coming to us
比去由白人控股的律所更舒服
than to a majority Caucasian firm."
提问 "再说一遍 这跟种族无关 女士"
Question, "Again, this is not about race, ma'am."
回答 "是你问上下文剧语境的 先生
Answer, "You asked for context, sir,
而语境里就包含我们律所的种族成分"
and the context involves the racial makeup of our firm."
什么情况
What the hell is going on?
你本应该跟种族不沾边的
You were supposed to stay away from race.
我们没沾 不是我们提出来的 是他们
We are. We're not the ones taking it there, they are.
我不管谁提的
I don't care who is.
这事看上去像迫♥害♥了
It's looking like a persecution.
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表