剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
发起这些诉讼是想对此事
Initiating these proceedings
进行干扰 这是损人利己的做法
is a cynical attempt to interfere with that.
强烈反对
Vehemently disagree.
阿德里安
Adrian.
早上好 法官阁下
Good morning, Your Honor.
克里斯特瓦先生的大陪审团调查...
Mr. Kresteva's Grand Jury Investigation...
反对 法官阁下
Objection, Your Honor.
他是律师还是原告
Is he the lawyer or the plaintiff?
原告
The plaintiff.
那他不应该在法庭之上进行辩护
Well, then, he shouldn't be arguing in court.
他应该作为证人被传召
He should be called as a witness.
那我想传召阿德里安·博斯曼先生作为证人上庭
Oh. Then, I'd like to call Mr. Adrian Boseman as a witness.
不行 打断一下 不行 不...
No, excuse me, no. No. Uh... uh,
法官阁下 你还没有听我的撤案动议
Your Honor, you never heard on my motion to dismiss.
是 但你刚让他们让他作为证人出庭
Yeah, but you just told them to put him on the stand.
不 我说他不应该在法庭上进行辩护
No, I-I said he shouldn't be arguing in court.
辩护方在利用这个民事权利...
The defense is using this civil action...
"原告" 你应该指的是这个吧
"The plaintiff"? Is that the word you're looking for?
是的
Yes.
原告...
The plaintiff...
利用这个民事诉讼 妄图发现点什么
is using this civil action as a poor man's discovery.
他们没有机会进入我们的大陪审团房♥间
They don't have access to our Grand Jury room,
于是他们试图利用这个法庭去试探...
so they are using this court as a way to find out...
大陪审团的动态
uh, what's going on in the grand jury room.
这是你们的企图吗 律师
Is that what you were doing, counselor?
不是 法官阁下
No, Your Honor.
我要是有这么聪明就好了
I wish I were that smart.
这个主意不错
Good idea.
好吧 反对无效 传唤你的证人
Okay, overruled, call your witness.
埃尔斯贝特
Elsbeth.
让我做你的次席律师
Make me your second chair.
为什么
Why?
因为这是个好主意
Because it's a good idea.
博斯曼先生 为什么你要起诉他们侵权干涉
Mr. Boseman, why are you suing for tortious interference?
我们的客户在流失
We're losing clients.
上两个星期我们失去了三名客户
Three clients in the past two weeks.
为什么这个案子现在开审对你很重要
And why is it important that this case be heard now?
因为这个大陪审团就是我们客户流失的原因
Because this Grand Jury is the reason we're losing clients.
克里斯特瓦先生并不是想要定罪
Mr. Kresteva doesn't want a conviction.
他想要我们破产
He wants our bankruptcy.
反对 引导证人推测
Objection. Speculation.
这个反对只能对我的问题有效
Uh, that's a proper objection for a question,
但对回答无效
not for a response.
如果莫雷洛先生有反证证人
If Mr. Morrello has a rebuttal witness,
他应该让他出庭
he should present him.
我同意 反对无效
I would agree. Overruled.
博斯曼先生
Mr. Boseman,
有客户向你解释了他们离开的原因吗
did any of your clients explain why they were leaving?
有 佩斯利集团说
Yes. The Paisley Group said
联邦探员到他们的工作地点
federal agents came to their workplace
盘问我们的工作
questioning them about our work.
他们不想惹麻烦
They didn't want the hassle.
你认为这是克里斯特瓦先生的干涉行为
And you think this was an intentional move
导致的吗
on Mr. Kresteva's part?
-反对 -当然
- Objection. - Absolutely.
这次也是引导证人推测
This time calls for speculation.
瞧瞧 你能做出合理反对了
Look at you, making a proper objection.
反对有效
Sustained.
我没有问题了 法官阁下
Nothing further, Your Honor.
我问完了 莫雷洛先生
Your witness, Mr. Morrello.
谢谢 奎因女士
Thank you, Ms. Quinn.
你失去的这三位客户
These three clients you lost,
他们对你们的财务影响有多大
how important were they to your bottom line?
每位客户都非常重要
Every client is important.
这听起来并没有很重要
Hmm. That sounds like not very important.
反对 非常牵强 有争议
Objection. Lamely argumentative.
对 在我看来也是
Yeah, no, it sounded that way to me, too.
这三位客户的离开
How much money a year do you lose
使你一年损失了多少钱
from losing these three clients?
我想 130万美元
I guess... $1.3 million.
但我们不能再这样下去了 法官阁下
But that's why we need to stop this leakage now, Your Honor.
你们不是刚刚和查查网签约了吗
And didn't you just sign Chumhum,
一个社交媒体巨头
a massive social media empire
每年可以向你的律所贡献8600万美元
worth $86 million a year to you?
-是的 -那么 130万美元
- Yes, we did. - So... $1.3 million
对比8600万美元
versus $86 million.
二者并无关联
Those two things are not connected.
别在这哭穷
Whah-whah-whah-whah, don't cry poverty in here!
我们不是在哭穷
Oh, we're not crying poverty.
奎因女士很明显是想
Ms. Quinn clearly wants to avoid any oversight...
我们只是说司法部
We're just saying that the DOJ
故意想将...
is intentionally trying to take something...
每次搞点小偷小摸时
...by officials and every time they have their hands
都能逃过有关部门的监管
caught in the cookie jar...
不不不 你们两个 都回座位去
No, no, no. Both of you, back in your seats.
注意礼节
Decorum.
这是我一贯主张的
That's what I insist on.
抱歉 法官阁下
My apologies, Your Honor.
我能问个问题吗
May I ask a quick question?
可以 小声点儿
You may, quietly.
被告为什么不出庭呢
Why is the defendant not here?
我看到只有被告律师来了
I see that the defense sent its lawyer,
难道被告觉得这次庭审无足轻重
but does the defendant think so little of this court
才只派律师出庭吗
that he only sends his lawyer?
我相信原告律师知道原因
I believe the plaintiff's lawyer knows the reason.
被告正忙着大陪审团问询的事
The defendant is busy running a grand jury room.
这样啊 所以克里斯特瓦先生
I see. So, Mr. Kresteva
抽不出空给伽洛法官对吗
is too busy for Judge Gallo?
你有解释我在主持大陪审团问询吗
Did you explain that I'm conducting a grand jury?
说了 可主审是伽洛法官 他讨厌被人轻视
I did. It's Judge Gallo. He doesn't like being dissed.
天哪 好吧 什么时候开庭
Dear God. Okay, when?
今天下午
This afternoon.
目前的情形正合他们意 你看出来了吧
This is playing right into their hands. You know that.
当然
I sure do.
那么 戈德女士
So, Ms. Gold,
你和戴安·洛哈特是什么关系呢
what is your relationship with Diane Lockhart?
她是我的老板
She's my boss.
-我还将她视为我的导师 -是吗
- Also, I consider her my mentor. -Really?
她教你什么了
What does she mentor you in?
自从进入非裔律所工作
Well, since coming to work at an African-American firm,
我得说是让我开始意识了到白人特权
I'd say it's becoming aware of the nature of white privilege.
你曾与洛哈特女士在她之前的律所共事过
And you worked with Ms. Lockhart at her previous firm,
-是吗 -没错
- did you not? - I did,
但那里绝对和非裔美国人没关系
but that was definitely not an African-American firm.
完全跟特朗普的白宫似的
It was like the Trump White House there.
戈德女士 我们不是在问
Ms. Gold, we're not asking
这家律所的种族问题
about the racial makeup of the firm.
不好意思
Oh, sorry.
真敏感
Touchy.
你是否注意到
You were aware, were you not,
洛哈特女士在去阿德里安·博斯曼的律所前
that Ms. Lockhart had frequent meetings and phone calls
就和他有频繁会面及电♥话♥来往
with Adrian Boseman prior to going over to his firm?
有
Absolutely.
博斯曼先生的律所曾替一位
Mr. Boseman's firm was representing a young, African-American man
遭白人警官毒打的年轻美国黑人辩护
who had been pretty severely beaten by a white police officer...
再次申明 这与种族无关 女士
Again, this is not about race, ma'am.
我同意 不过是你们一直在问这方面问题
I agree, but you guys keep asking me about race.
那洛哈特女士是否向博斯曼先生透露过
Isn't it true that Ms. Lockhart slipped privileged information
这件案子的保密信息吗
to Mr. Boseman about this case?
你是指被白人警♥察♥毒打的黑人
You mean the case about this African-American kid
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表