剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
Oh, your check came.
-我请客吧 -不用了 我自己付
- Let me treat. - No, no. I got it.
老实说吧
Here's the thing, uh...
-埃尔斯贝特 -埃尔斯贝特
- Oh, Elsbeth. - ...Elsbeth,
我确实在司法部有些影响力
I do have some sway at the DoJ,
而且你会发现我是一个相当强劲的对手
and I think you'll find that I'm a pretty tough foe.
你工作上找我麻烦 我就让你生活不痛快
You go after me professionally, I'll go after you personally.
而且我往往都会赢
And I tend to win.
天啊 听起来好吓人
Yikes. That sounds scary.
不 我只是在陈述事实
No. Just telling the truth.
别再跟着我
Don't follow me.
别再偷听我打电♥话♥
Don't listen to my phone calls.
辩方要求传唤莫里斯·温特莱布先生作证
The defense calls Mr. Maurice Weintraub to the stand.
反对 法官阁下
Objection. Your Honor,
抱歉 但温特莱布先生不在辩方证人名单上
I'm sorry, but Mr. Weintraub isn't on the defense witness list.
我们是将他作为反驳证人传唤的 法官阁下
We're calling him as a rebuttal witness, Your Honor.
温特莱布先生是在原告证人名单上的
Mr. Weintraub was on the plaintiff's list.
好吧 他反正是在某个名单上的
Well, then he's on a list somewhere.
让他出庭作证吧
Let's get him here.
温特莱布先生
Mr. Weintraub,
你们电视台计划什么时候播出费斯克先生的剧集
when did your network plan to air Mr. Fisk's episode?
先更正一下
A quick correction.
-这并不是他的剧集 -他写的那一集
- It's not his episode. - The episode he wrote.
不 从版权角度来说 是我们写了那一集
No, for the purpose of copyright, we wrote the episode.
我们制片厂和电视台
The studio and the network,
聘用了费斯克先生 也给了他报酬
we paid Mr. Fisk - for a work for hire.
好吧 那我们就来讨论一下你们写的剧集
Okay. Then let's discuss the episode you wrote.
面对没字的白纸一定很艰难吧 先生
It must've been hard facing that blank page, sir.
海明威是怎么说的来着
What did Hemingway call it?
反对 法官阁下
Objection, Your Honor.
我想这应该算嘲讽性纠缠证人了
I guess I'd call it sarcastic badgering.
我不带嘲讽地说 反对有效
Sustained. Unsarcastically.
好吧 那我换个问题
Okay, then let's try this.
你决定什么时候播出这一集呢
When did you decide to air this episode?
本想五月份左右
Sometime in May,
但现在它已经被放上网了
but now it's been online,
所以没有必要再这么做了
there's no value in doing so.
那你们公♥司♥每年会播出这个节目
And how many episodes of this show
-多少集呢 -22集
- does your network air every year? - 22.
但你今年不是订了23集吗 先生
Didn't you order 23 episodes this year, sir?
是的 没错
Yes, that's true.
而且你并不是像往常一样在年初
And didn't you order 23 episodes
就预订了23集节目 而是在你决定
not at the beginning of the year, as you usually do,
不能播出费斯克先生的剧集之后才定的
but after you decided you couldn't air Mr. Fisk's episode?
是的 没错
Yes, that's right.
我们发现费斯克先生私自放出了剧集之后
When we realized Mr. Fisk had put the episode online,
我们认为我们需要多追加一集
we knew we needed an additional episode.
没错 但这在他放出那集之前就发生了
Yeah, but this happened before he put the episode online.
反对 律师自证
Objection. Counselor is testifying.
反对有效
Sustained.
好吧 这有一份写给
Okay, well, here is a memo
节目编剧成员的备忘录
to the show's writing staff,
上面写着要求追加新的一集
asking for an additional episode.
你能读出这上面的日期吗
Could you read the date there?
2016年11月18日
November 18, 2016.
我的客户那时不是还没有放出剧集吗
Wasn't that before my client put the episode online?
反对 超范围提问
Objection. Beyond the scope.
反对有效
Sustained.
难道不是因为特朗普上台之后
Isn't it true, sir, that after Trump won the presidency,
你担心那一集节目会冒犯到他
you were worried the episode would offend him,
所以才决定不播出那一集
so you decided not to show it,
所以才要求追加第23集吗
and that's why you needed a 23rd episode?
不是的 有时我们只是
No, sometimes we just...
这个节目很受欢迎
it's a popular show.
有时我们会预订更多的集数
Sometimes we order more episodes.
很好 我没有其它问题了
Okay. Nothing further.
博斯曼先生 来聊两句
Mr. Boseman, a word.
我听说你们律所在寻求
I hear your firm is looking to branch out
向其它专业领域拓展业务
into other areas of expertise.
我们一直都在寻找机会
We're always looking for opportunities.
如果你不介意的话 我给你点忠告
Well, if you don't mind some unsolicited advice...
是免费的吗
Is it free?
你会发现娱乐法这里是个非常小的圈子
You'll find that entertainment law is an extremely small pond.
你们使出的那些小伎俩
This little performance you're putting on
只会让你们尝到一点甜头
will only help you up to a point.
但如果你让温特莱布先生这样的人难堪
When you embarrass men like Mr. Weintraub,
那你就什么都得不到了
you've passed that point.
你还真是会扫兴啊
You are a real kick.
没错
Yep.
而且只要你不留神 我还会让你更扫兴呢
And I'll kick your ass if you're not careful.
我可真期待
Oh. I can't wait.
你表现得不差嘛
You're not bad.
是啊 我很棒
No, I'm good.
好吧 但语气可能有一点嘲讽
Well, a little sarcastic, maybe.
法官可不喜欢那样
Judges don't like that.
你的评判真是对我大有裨益 谢谢
This is so helpful, being graded. Thank you.
我觉得有人在讽刺我啊
I think we have a sarcasm problem here.
你来这里有什么事吗
Is there some reason why you're here?
有 我帮你们所
Yes. I spoke to the assistant attorney general
和助理总检察长谈过了
on your firm's behalf.
我觉得你们不会有什么麻烦了
I don't think you'll be having any problems anymore.
常规回答是谢谢
The usual response is thank you.
好 谢谢
Yes. Thank you.
他现在对我们律所和林德尔基金
He's now coming after our firm for our connection
的关联紧盯不放
to the Rindell Fund.
我们不得不雇佣一个代理整个律所的律师
We've had to hire a firm-wide lawyer.
-什么 -是的
- What? - Yeah.
谢谢
Thank you.
好吧 现在我很生气
Okay. Okay, now I'm pissed.
你看起来是挺生气的
Yeah, you look it.
谢谢
Thanks.
太棒了 你们太棒了
It was fantastic. You were fantastic.
你们看到让他读日期的时候他的表情了吗
Did you, did you see his face when you made him read the date?
你们让他读出来了 真是太棒了
You made him read it. It was classic.
-就像「佩里·梅森」里演的一样 -是的
- It was like Perry Mason. - Yep.
老牌律政剧
我认为我们做的已经很好了
I think we've taken this as far as we can,
所以我们应该要考虑和对方达成协议了
so we should think about a possible deal.
什么
What?
抱歉 我 我们赢面很大 不是吗
I'm sorry, I... we have them on the run now, right?
我们没有确凿证据
We don't have a smoking gun.
没有确凿证据的话
Without that,
就得假设我们在实体审讯阶段会输掉
we have to assume we're gonna lose the case on the merits.
基思 我们现在能做的就是争取让电视台
What we're left with, Keith, is trying to get the network
同意把金额限制在你能忍♥受的范围内
to agree to a dollar amount you can live with.
抱歉 失陪一下
If you'll excuse me.
所以 我们来谈谈你的财产
So, we should talk about your assets.
这会毁了我的
It'll ruin me.
他们不会拿走我的普锐斯汽车吧
You don't think they'll take my Prius, do you?
不 你好 戴安
No. Oh, hi there, Diane.
-格罗斯先生 -看看这地方
- Mr. Gross. - But look at this place.
一个真正的非裔美国人的律所
A real African-American law firm.
我爱这里
I love it.
目之所及的每个地方
Everywhere you look.
除了这里 三个白人
Except here. White, white, white.
-梅丽莎 -我要走了
- Marissa. - Yep. I'm leaving.
不用 等等 留下来
Oh, no, no. Wait, stay.
做点记录什么的
Take some notes or something.
没问题 我就坐在这里
Sure. I'll just sit right here.
戴安 我正在考虑让贵所加入处理
So, Diane, I am thinking of adding your firm
我在中西部的业务
to my Midwest business.
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表