剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
and I know you know all the people here
他们的不满你都清楚
and how they complain.
有谁在抱怨自己的工钱吗
So is anybody bitching about their paychecks?
就是有人被强迫承认
It's about people being forced to confess
自己偷了衣服或者鞋子或者电脑
that they stole clothing or shoes or computers.
如果你听到了什么消息 这是我的名片
So if you hear anything from anybody, here's my card.
让他们打给我
Tell them to call me.
你在干什么 芭芭拉
What the hell are you doing, Barbara?
我在干什么 我在吃三明治
What am I doing? I'm having a sandwich.
你在拉我的会员提起集体诉讼
You're dragging my members into a class action.
如果你说的是克扣工资的事的话
If this is about the salary garnishing,
我们没有拉...
we're not drag...
你惹到管理层了
You're pissing off management!
我们正处在协商合同的节骨眼上
We're on the eve of a contract negotiation,
你却惹恼了管理层
and you're pissing off management.
是有工会成员来投诉
It was a union-member complaint.
-我们只是... -不不不
- We are merely... - No, no, no, no.
是你们说服他
You convinced him
发起集体诉讼的
to pursue a class action,
就因为你们想要钱
because you wanted the money.
你们的人跑进我们的办公室寻求帮助
You came into our offices and asked for our help
就为了发起集体...
to collect a class...
就是她们两个
Those two did.
-你们和我们是有合约的 -没错
- Your contract is with us. - Yes.
而你们雇我们也是为了帮助成员和...
And you employed us to help your members and...
那只是做个样子而已
As a gesture, merely.
或许你们的成员想要知道这件事情吧
Uh, maybe your members would like to know that.
你是认真的吗
Seriously?
我们之间的合约就这么没有意义吗
That's how little our contract means to you?
你们居然在威胁我
You're threatening me?
天呐 如果那都算威胁 朋友
God, if that's considered a threat, friend,
我可真想活在你的纯真世界里
I would love to live in your world.
这起集体诉讼 我们一分钱都不会给
We won't pay a cent for this class action,
我们也不会提供任何协助
and we won't help in any way.
快放弃这个案子
So drop it.
你要怎么做
What are you gonna do?
我们去另找一个赞助人吧
We're gonna find another benefactor.
你手里有什么案子
So what do you have?
一个新案子 刚刚接下来的
A new suit. Very last-minute.
针对12家全国零售商的集体诉讼
Class action against 12 nationwide retailers.
我大概需要140...
I'll need financing on, say, 140...
有几个原告
How many in the class?
我们正在征集
We're gathering that as we speak,
大概有20个 可能更多
but we think 20, maybe more.
易博得同情的工薪家庭
Sympathetic, working-class families,
他们都是零售业工作人员
all retail workers.
试验案件是什么
Who's the test case?
第三页最上面
Top of page three.
弗兰克·格文 32岁
Frank Gwinn, 32 years old.
单亲父亲
Divorced father.
很适合作证 读过大学
Good witness. College-educated.
在BMI的门店工作
Worked at BMI selling shoes.
以往没有诉讼 也没有前科
No litigation in his background, and no priors.
-他有贷款没还 -那是学生贷款
- Uh, he's delinquent on a loan. - It's a student loan.
2012年申请的 现在要再次偿还了
2012. He's making payments again.
你的想法是
Your proposal?
你们资助600个工时的薪资
You finance 600 billable hours
头款要30万美元
for an initial payment of $300,000.
有两个退出时间点
You'll have two exit ramps.
一是提出驳回起诉的动议后
One, after the motion to dismiss.
二是庭审六个月后
Two, six months into trial,
前提是这官司会打这么久
if we even go that long.
你们能坐收报酬的40%
You share 40% of the award,
最高可达800万美元
up to $8 million.
不行
No.
为什么
Why?
这是最好的条件了
You can't get better.
是凯文·德拉戈法官负责审理驳回起诉的动议吧
Your motion to dismiss is in front of Judge Kevin Drago?
我们曾在他审理的案子里胜诉
We've won in front of him before.
我们的算法并不喜欢他
Our algorithm doesn't like him.
这个案子里不行
Not for this case.
你的算法并不知道
Your algorithm's not taking into account
我是个吊炸天的好律师
that I'm a fucking good lawyer.
别爆粗 好吗
Don't swear, okay?
会吓到杰
It bugs out Jer.
对不起
I'm sorry.
你们的算法喜欢这个案子吗
Does your algorithm even like this case?
喜欢
It does.
前景很好 潜在回报也很高
Good optics, good potential pay-out.
问题就是法官
It's just this judge.
没关系 我去换个新法官
It's okay, I will get you a new judge.
要怎么换
How you gonna do that?
我可是个好律师
I'm a good lawyer.
我们要上庭了
We're going to court.
去他妈的工会 我们自己出钱
Fuck the union, we will finance this thing ourselves.
你 我要你也出庭
You, I want you in court.
你叫什么来着
Uh, uh, what is your name again?
-玛娅 -玛娅 很好
- Maia. - Maia. Great.
-次席律师 -我...谢谢你 先生
- Second chair. - I... Well, thank you, sir.
只可惜我们遇到麻烦了 阿德里安
Unfortunately we've run into a snag, Adrian.
什么麻烦
What?
原告人数不足 没有工会帮忙
The class. Without the union's help,
我们很难找到那些
we're having a little trouble locating employees
被抵扣工资的雇员
with garnished wages.
去查查犯罪报告
Check crime reports.
只要有丢失的库存
Any business missing back-stock
-他们就会上报的不是吗 -不行 他们试过了
- they'd report it, right? - No. They tried that.
那就去发传♥单♥ 到网上查
Let's post fliers. Let's check Reddit.
发挥创造力 我已经和资金合伙人说
Let's get creative. I've told our financial partners
会有20名原告 所以赶紧去找吧
that we would have 20 members in the class, so let's get to it,
-可以吗 -这上面有23个被其雇主
- all right? - Here's 23 employees who were accused of theft
指控偷窃并被扣薪水的员工资料
by their employer and had their wages garnished.
还有十几个备选的
And I have feelers out to a dozen more.
外面还有两个人等着进来面试
And there are two more people here to be interviewed.
她是谁
Who is that?
我的新助理
My new assistant.
凯文·德拉戈法官
你想让我回避此案
You want me to recuse myself?
很遗憾是的 法官阁下
Yes, Your Honor. Regretfully.
你不喜欢我吗 律师
You don't like me, Counselor?
不会啊 我很喜欢您
No, I love you.
在我们律所 大家都对您赞誉有加
At our firm, we speak very highly of you
一直如此 法官阁下
all the time, Your Honor.
但不幸的是 在本案中
But unfortunately, in this instance,
存在利益冲突
there is a conflict of interest.
我们没问题 法官阁下
We're good here, Your Honor.
一点问题都没有
No problem.
这不就是个驳回指控的动议嘛
Isn't this just a motion to dismiss?
我不明白我能与此案有什么利益冲突
I'm not sure how I can be conflicted out.
我在BMI的门店买♥♥过东西 也就这样
I've shopped at BMI, but that's about it.
你呢 先生
And you, sir?
我认识你吗
Do I know you?
不认识 法官阁下
No, Your Honor.
你已经尽力了 博斯曼先生
Nice try, Mr. Boseman,
但我还是要驳回你想让我回避此案的动议
but I reject your motion to recuse me.
可以开始传唤你方的第一位证人了
We can start with your first witness.
法官阁下 其实还有一件事
Actually, Your Honor, there's one more thing.
你是在挑战我的耐心 先生
You're trying my patience, sir.
最近您在一次投资中亏损了超过100万美元
Recently you lost over a million dollars in an investment.
我说得没错吧
Am I correct?
那不关你事
That's none of your business.
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表