剧集 | 继承之战 | 导航列表
你是说这本书叫"电动马戏团"吗
Yeah. I thou... I mean, shit. Is it The Electric Circus?
是啊 我想...我的意思是 我靠 是不是叫电动马戏团来着
Well, I think it's called...
嗯 我记得书名叫做...
That's all very interesting, but let's just agree to disagree, shall we?
这一切都非常有趣 不过 我们先求同存异 好吗
Sure!
当然
Well, that's just the sort of expert analysis.
嗯 那只是专家的分♥析♥
I'd expect from a deep state wonk with both lips
我期待从一个双唇牢牢地粘在索罗斯奶嘴上的
firmly glued to the Soros teat.
深度书呆子身上看到这一点
Well, you can't change Washington
好吧 你不能不了解华府
without knowing Washington.
就期望着改变华府
I mean, can you name me
我的意思是 你能说出
one member of the House Commerce Committee?
一个众议院商务委员会的成员的名字吗
Yeah, I think I know one.
是的 我想我知道一个
D·谁他妈在乎 众议员Representative Ferdinand D. Who Gives A Shit
斐迪南·
from the great state of No One Fucking Cares.
来自伟大的"谁他妈也不在乎"州
Well, I'm convinced. I mean, clear some space
好吧 我心服口服 我的意思是 清理一些
on Mount Rushmore, folks!
总统山的空间 伙计们
Yeah, yeah, well...
是的 是的 好吧...
I actually thought you said the wrecking ball.
我还以为你说的是破坏球
I just wanted to say, I'm...
我只是想说 我...
What you're doing, the PhDs, I think it's great.
你正在攻读的学业 博士学位 我觉得很棒
I'm sorry if I... No, no! It was a hit,
我很抱歉如果我... 不 不 你的笑话很受欢迎
a very palpable hit!
非常明显很受欢迎
I can take a joke.
我受得了开玩笑的
Right. Because it was a joke.
对 因为确实是个玩笑
Of course.
当然
Are you pleased to be out of politics, Siobhan?
你是不是很高兴退出政坛了 西沃恩
Yes, I am. I'm getting over it like a nasty stomach bug.
是的 我就像在克服令人讨厌的胃病一样克服它
It can be a dirty business.
这可能是一个肮脏的行业
Made dirtier by a certain cable news behemoth.
被某个有线电视新闻巨头弄得更脏了
Come on, Rhea, let's play nice now.
好了 瑞亚 我们友好点吧
We can discuss the white nationalist elephant in the room, can't we?
我们可以在房♥间里讨论白人♥民♥族主义的大象 不是吗
Tug on its trunk a bit?
稍微打开一下它的后备箱看看
I'm not operationally involved.
我不参与运营
Come on.
拜托
No, no, no, I let my people do their own thing.
不 不 不 我让我的人全权负责他们分管的事情
I mean, if you... If you wanna talk ATN, you know,
我的意思是 如果你...如果你想谈谈泛美网络 你知道吗
Tom's the barbarian.
汤姆是罪魁祸首
Hi, hello, I'm the... right wing ogre at your service.
嗨 大家好 我是...右翼食人魔 随时为您效劳
Really, you don't even believe your own stuff?
不会吧 你连自己的新闻频道也不信吗
Well, I've always wanted to balance Waystar's portfolio with...
好吧 我一直想平衡韦斯达的投资组合...
with... voice...
和...民♥意♥...
From the left? Well, no. Pierce isn't...
左翼的民♥意♥吗 好吧 不 皮尔斯不是...
Your people just follow the truth, wherever it leads, right?
你们只管遵循事实 无论事实指向哪里 对吧
Well, you know, our people are just hacks.
嗯 这个 你知道吗 我们的人只是黑客
But we like 'em. Come on!
但是我们喜欢他们 不是吧
I mean, I guess our... our people
我的意思是 我想我们...我们的人
try to follow the truth, too, Shiv.
也在努力追寻真♥相♥ 小西
You give them what they need, we give them what they want.
你给了观众他们需要的东西 我们给了他们想要的东西
We make a good match.
我们很般配
Of course. Right. No, Dad...
当然 对 不 爸爸...
I think we, Dad, just wants a bigger tent, a bigger pie.
我想我们 爸爸 只是想要一个更大的帐篷 一个更大的馅饼
It means more profit,
这意味着更多的利润
and then more investment.
然后更多的投资
So, I suppose that just makes me a prim little matron,
所以 如果我反对被市场这只看不见的手摸来摸去
if I object to being fumbled
我想 这只会让我被看作一个
by the invisible hand of the market?
一本正经的小主妇吧
Th... That's... No.
那...那...不
That's not what I meant. I...
我不是那个意思 我...
Sure, a fair exchange isn't exactly robbery,
当然 公平交易并不是抢劫
and money does allegedly make the world go round, so...
而且 据说金钱确实能让世界变得圆♥满♥ 所以...
Money? Money is a social construct,
金钱 金钱是一种社会结构
whereas virtue, integrity,
而美德 正直
these things actually exist.
这些东西实际上是存在的
Well, the... Just... Well, because just this morning,
嗯 ...只是...好吧 因为就在今天早上
I went to the store, and I bought a pound of ham,
我去了商店 我买♥♥了一磅火腿
and I paid for it by, you know,
我是这样支付的 你知道吗
telling them I was really worried about the environment.
我告诉他们 我真的很担心环境
Don't mind Tom, he finds other people's integrity
别介意汤姆 出于某种原因
a personal affront, for some reason.
他认为别人的诚信是对他个人的冒犯
Well, yes, that's... Thank you, I'm a piece of dirt.
嗯 是的 那是...谢谢你 我就是一块烂泥
Yep. Yep. I'll take it.
是的 是的 我接受了
Right!
对
Wait a minute, but Tom, Tom, if there was an acquisition,
等一下 汤姆 汤姆 如果真的收♥购♥了
then, as head of news,
那么 作为新闻部门的负责人
you would be the guy in charge of our crown jewels, right?
你会成为掌控我们皇冠上的珠宝的人 对吧
Well, we'd have to see about that.
好吧 这一点我们必须再看看
Hear that, Tom?
听到了吗 汤姆
Sounds dicey. Got a pitch?
听起来不确定哦 要毛遂自荐下吗
Tom, everything rests on what you're about to say.
汤姆 一切都取决于你要说的话
Lay off him!
放过他吧
Wait a minute, though. I didn't hear.
等一下 我没有听到答案
So, would he stay on as the head of news?
那 他会继续担任新闻部门的负责人吗
I... King of edible leaves,
我... 噢 可食用菜叶之王
His Majesty, the spinach.
菠菜陛下
Look, I just... I think there's...
听着 我只是...我觉得...
The business, the journalistic values...
商业 新闻价值...
There's a lot of admirers in this family. That's all.
这个家里有很多你们的崇拜者 就是这样的
Like all recent converts, Shiv is a zealot.
跟所有刚刚皈依的人一样 小西是一个狂热者
I think what we can all agree on is that
我想我们都能达成共识的是
it's great for people to communicate, of whatever stripe.
不管是什么样的立场 对于人们的沟通都是很好的
I think it was Thoreau who said of the telegraph,
我想 梭罗在电讯报上是这么说的
Maine may speak to Texas, but what if they have nothing
"缅因州可能会和得克萨斯州对话 但是 如果他们之间"
to say to one another?"
没什么可说的呢"
iPhone手♥机♥外壳上That should be engraved into the bezel of every iPhone in the world.
这句话应该刻在世界上每一部
Hear, hear! The bezel. Have you spoken to Shirley?
说得好 刻在外壳上 你和雪莉通过话吗
I'm so sorr... Will you excuse us for two seconds?
我很抱...我们先失陪两分钟
I'm so worried about our... It's a... Our dog, Mondale.
我很担心我们的...是... 我们的狗 蒙代尔
It's a dog thing. So silly. Sorry to...
是狗的事 真是蠢大了 对不起...
Is very ill at the moment.
它现在病得很重
Arthritis. We think it's arthritis.
关节炎 我们觉得是关节炎
So sorry. His hips.
非常抱歉 他的臀部
Excuse us. Sorry.
请原谅我们 抱歉
They have a dog. A dog named Mondale.
他们有一只狗 一只叫蒙代尔的狗
That's helpful, right?
很有用 对吧
Yeah, it is.
是啊 是的
This is... This is what happens. You get given the keys to the castle,
这就是...这就是发生的情况 给了你城♥堡♥的钥匙
and then you get paralyzed, staring into the eyes of the cobra.
结果你瘫痪了 在那傻盯着眼镜蛇的眼睛
You're riding me pretty hard in there.
你在里面把我逼得太狠了
You think I should fight back more? You know, and then,
你认为我应该多点反击吗 你知道 然后
he smells the vacillation, and then he's just...
他感觉到了你的踌躇 然后他就是...
He's got you. You're done. He's juiced another lemon.
他吃定你了 你完了 他又搞定了一个柠檬
It would be nice if you stopped beating up on me too.
如果你也不再敲打我 那就太好了
What? Maybe you could stop
什么 也许你也可以
beating up on me too. What? What do...
停止敲打我 什么 什么啊...
That's just nothing. That's silly.
那什么都不是 那太傻了
What... No one cares. Well, technically, I care.
什么...没人在乎 从技术上讲 我很在乎
I care. Well, sometimes you say stupid things.
我在乎 好吧 有时你会说些蠢话
You know, he's got me second guessing myself.
你知道吗 他让我反省自己了
I'm wavering on the best strategy for landing a deal that I don't even like.
我对达成交易的最佳策略犹豫不决 而且这交易我根本不喜欢
I really want this! I know.
我真的很想要这个 我知道
Really, I wanna be sitting at that table.
真的 我想坐在那张桌子旁
Listen to me.
听我说
You are sitting at the table.
你就是坐在桌子旁
You are.
你是
Yeah. Yeah?
是的 好吗
I'm good. Let's go.
我没事了 我们走吧
They're trying to adopt. You know, the list is,
他们打算领养小孩 你知道吗 那个排队清单
like, insane, so I'm thinking, like, if they can't have a baby
有点 疯了 所以我在想 如果他们在六个月内
in six months, I'm just gonna, you know, offer them my womb.
不能生孩子的话 我会 你知道吗 我会把我的子♥宫♥借给他们
Why not? I'm young, I'm hardy.
剧集 | 继承之战 | 导航列表