剧集 | 继承之战 | 导航列表
所以...
this afternoon, so...
有意思
Interesting.
这只是...只是胡说八道
It's just-- Just nonsense.
你怎么会在这里
How come you're in?
你现在在这里工作吗
You work here now?
不 我只是...我们一家人共同拥有这家公♥司♥
No, I just... my family owns the joint.
我不清楚你是不是知道这一点
I don't know if you knew that.
...没有关于任何伤亡人数的消息
...no word on any number of casualties,
但我们确切地知道 至少开了一次枪
but we do know that there has been at least one shot fired.
不是你喜欢的风格吗
Not your favored style?
这个 要取决于你怎么看待新闻
Well, depends what you think news is.
是公用事业 还是娱乐选项
A public utility, or entertainment option.
实际上你可以两者兼顾 通知和参与
You can actually do both. Inform and engage.
好吧 它肯定充满了活力
Well, it's certainly full of vim.
充满了精力
Full of piss and vinegar.
我想 任何报价你都不会认真对待吧
I take it you're not taking any offer seriously?
实际上 小西 我们进行了富有成效的会面
Actually, Shiv, we had a productive meeting,
所以 还是让我和爸爸处理这件事吧
so maybe let me and Dad handle this.
抱歉 劳驾 笨拙的老小西
Sorry. Excuse me. Clumsy old Shiv,
穿着我的工作靴到处跺脚
stomping all over it in my work boots.
这次聊天很不错 不过我觉得 "难以接受"是最好的回答
It was a good chat, but I think "hard no" was the take home.
没有必要给这个会面定调
There's no need to put a name on it.
我也觉得并购不合适
Doesn't feel right to me either.
我们非常重视她的观点
And we take her view very seriously,
她多年的媒体业务经验
what with her years of media business experience.
我只是看不到并购的可能性
I just can't see it.
就像 对我而言 从文化上 政♥治♥上来说
Like, the thing for me is that culturally, politically,
你的运营 正是我们在投资组合中所缺乏的
your operation, it's exactly what we lack in the portfolio.
但我不知道业务方面是如何运作的
But I don't see how the business side works.
好吧 我会说商业合并效果很...
Well, I'd say the business synergies are--
很明显 你知道
are obvious, you know.
可以合并为一个法律 财务 分销
One legal, finance, distribution,
市场部门
marketing department.
我认为 是不相容的企业文化
I think it's the incompatible cultures
阻碍...阻碍了这笔交易
that-- that stink up the deal.
这方面...
On that...
我们确实有一件事要提
We did have one thing to mention that could,
可以解决这个问题
address that issue.
210亿美元
Twenty-one billion dollars.
好的 好吧 听着 我只是一个传声筒
Okay. Well, look, I'm a mere conduit.
好吧 也许你应该传传刚才的报价
Well, maybe you should conduit that.
你知道吗 我觉得问题在于
You know, I suppose the thing is,
这对皮尔斯家族来说 是企业感情的问题
it's an emotional matter for the Pierces.
金钱并非无关紧要 但是...但是 我该怎么...
Money is not irrelevant, but-- but, how can I put it--
去提出来呢
Relevant?
-不过... -215亿
-Nevertheless... -21.5.
肯德尔 他...他有权利报价吗
Kendall. I-- Is he allowed to just say numbers?
-够吗 -这并不取决于我
- Is that enough? - It's not up to me,
你这样只是在跟自己竞标
so you're just bidding against yourself there.
听着 我是个人人都讨厌的毛茸茸的老混♥蛋♥
Look, I'm a hairy old bastard who everybody hates,
等等 等等
yadda, yadda.
但我他妈的爱死新闻和新闻人物了
But I fuckin' love news, and news people.
我们可以争论新闻的立场 但我会投资
We can argue the angles, but I will invest.
嗯 就目前的情况来看 这会花费
Well, it would take a hell of a lot of investment
大量的投资
from where things are.
-220亿 -天啦 肯德尔
- Twenty-two billion. - Jesus, Kendall.
他能这样报价吗 爸爸
Can he say that, Dad?
我的意思是 根本都不是钱的问题 对吧
I mean that's not even the issue, right?
-这个嘛... -那...那问题是什么
- Well... - So-- So what's the issue?
编辑的独♥立♥性吗
Editorial independence?
如果缺了这个 我认为根本就没必要谈了
I don't think there's anything to even say without that.
嗯 好吧 有模型的 对吧 独♥立♥董事的模型
Well, okay, there are models, right, for an independent board.
先不管出价的问题 有设计好的结构
And forgetting the numbers, there are structures designed
确保目前的理念和目标
to ensure the current philosophical approach
受到保护
is protected.
好的 谢谢你 现在...
Okay, thank you. And now...
说到出价
remembering the numbers,
多少出价可以改变他们的心意
what would move the dial for them?
225亿
22.5?
现在 老实说 说话小心点 不然我会当真的
Now, honestly, be careful or I'll take you seriously.
好吧 如果业务方面行得通
Well, if the business side can work,
那我觉得 面对这个家族的论调可以是
then I guess one pitch for the family could be,
"韦斯达不是来强♥奸♥你的
"Waystar isn't coming in to fuck you,
而是要和你做♥爱♥ 甜蜜得不能再甜蜜的无限的爱"
but to make sweet, sweet, Barry White-investment love."
美女被野兽拯救才是基调
Beauty saved by the beast would be the flavor.
我认为这说明你最积极的一面
I think it's telling that your most positive spin
听起来还是有点强♥奸♥的感觉
still sounds a bit rapey.
-你相信我吗 -我相信你吗
- Do you trust me? - Do I trust you?
真正的问题不是这个 爸爸
That's not really the issue, Dad.
我的意思是 你又不能活一万年
I mean, you're not gonna be around forever,
所以需要一个体系
so there need to be structures in place
-来保证... -西沃恩 请你别插嘴了
-that are-- -Siobhan. Please.
这就是问题的症结所在
This is what it comes down to.
你知道 我们可以起草一份协议
You know, we can draw up some agreement
里面可以有这样那样的规定
with any number of provisions in it,
但是你知道 如果我想 我会找到绕开这些规定的方法的
but you know that if I want, I'll find a way round it.
所以 最后 还是同样的问题 对吧
So, in the end, it's a question, right?
如果我说 我不会乱动皮尔斯
If I say I won't fuck Pierce over,
我将保留品牌 他们的编辑 他们的人
I'll keep the brand, their editors, their people,
你相信我吗
do you trust me?
你会告诉他们相信我吗
And will you tell them to trust me?
因为当我说某件事情会发生的时候...
Because when I say something will happen...
那件事就会发生
that thing will happen.
我说得对吧 孩子们
Am I right, kids?
-对 -是的
- Right. - Right.
所以 你会告诉他们吗
So, will you tell 'em?
240亿 而且 我说话算话
Twenty-four. And they can trust me.
我...我和他一起的
I-- I'm with him.
所以 这是安全屋吗
So is this the safe room?
是的 显然 这里坚不可摧
Yes. Apparently it's impregnable.
好吧 他们宣布了获胜的广♥告♥语
Well, they announced the winning pitch.
宣布了吗
They did?
你是想吊我的胃口吗 布莱恩
Are you attempting to do suspense on me, Brian?
我们赢了
We won.
瞧瞧 真棒
Look at that. Great.
-你不相信我吗 -不是
- You don't believe me? - Nope.
在他们把获胜名单交给那个人之前 你不会正好知道
Do you happen to know who they were going to give it to,
他们要给的那个人姓什么吧
before they gave it to the name?
我觉得跟姓名无关
I don't think it was the name.
好吧 这话非常感人
Well, that's very touching,
但是 我他妈基本上就是这里的猫王了
but I'm basically fucking Elvis around here.
那 你想去核实一下吗
So you wanna go check?
是啊 是的 我们他妈的去核实一下
Yeah. Yeah, let's fucking check.
酷 好了 我马上回来
Cool. Well, I'll be right back.
宝贝 悼词用这个怎么样
Baby, how about this for the eulogy?
-"莱斯特感动了我们所有人 " - 好吧 不
-"Lester touched all of us." -Okay, no.
我认为你不应该发言
I don't think you should do your speech.
家里不会有别的人来参加了 我必须发言 我说了我会发言
No one else is gonna get here. I have to. I said I would.
宝贝 我觉得这样做对你的竞选来说真的很不好
Baby, I think it could be really bad for your campaign.
我的意思是 我刚刚在和那边的那些人聊天
I mean, I was just talking to those guys over there.
-狼群吗 -"狼群"
- The Wolf Pack? - "The Wolf Pack"?
是的 都是爸爸的老部下 当年打天下的时候
Yeah, Dad's old crew, back in the day.
天啦 好吧
Jesus. Okay,
他们和老莫之间的一些事情
some of the stuff that they got up to with Mo,
-你不会想扯上关系的 -当然不 我知道
-you do not want to be -associated with. -Sure, no. I know.
不过 情况还是很复杂 当时的时代不同
Still, it's complicated. It was a different time.
但是 那时候已经有法律了 不是吗
But it wasn't a time before they invented laws, was it?
我的意思是 如果这些屁事爆出来
I mean, what if this shit comes out,
而你还在公开赞美他 那怎么办
and you're on the record praising the shit out of him?
简直是一场噩梦
This is a nightmare.
剧集 | 继承之战 | 导航列表