Yes, he has a capable army.
是的 他是有一支能干的军队
And some nice villages.
另外还有善良的村民
No people riding *bicycles* or hot air balloons,
没有人骑自行车或者什么热气球
because *we* weren't cheating.
因为我们没有作弊
I didn't cheat!
我没有作弊!
Have you come to agree to our trade proposals?
你来是不是准备答应我们的
You mean demands?
你指的是要求吧?
Never.
不可能
Then I refuse to sit at the same table ...
那我觉得没有什么好谈的了…
Look, please, just - just sit.
听我说 坐下 先坐下
Thank you.
谢谢
This hostility between you -
你们相互为敌…
have your people lived like this for thousands of years?
难道你们的人♥民♥就这样生活了几千年?
No.
不是
There was once peace between our lands.
我们之间以前是和平的
Oh no.
噢 不
So this hostility - um,
这么说相互为敌是…
did it start a few years ago?
几年前才开始的?
Yes
是的
shortly after the Oracle resumed communicating with us.
在先知恢复同我们的联♥系♥之后不久
SoNwhat, they're starving?
这么说 他们会饿死么?
Well, not as of yet,
目前还不会
but if they don't change their approach to agriculture,
可如果他们不改变农业结构
it won't be too long before many of their people go hungry.
用不了多久就会有很多人要挨饿了
The frustrating thing is that
糟糕的是
there is a large piece of fertile soil in the south of the country
在这个国家的南部
that would be ideal for tuber cultivation, you know?
用来进行种植Tuber再合适不过了
Sorry, tuber?
什么 Tuber?
Tuber, yeah, tuber. It is indigenous to the planet.
是的 Tuber 一种土生土长的植物
It's a ... it's like a potato.
有点像土豆
So why didn't you say potato?
那为什么不直接称为土豆呢?
Because it's *not* a potato.
因为它不是土豆
it's - it's larger.
比土豆要大
It has the same texture and nutrients as a potato but
外观和营养成分很像土豆
it's a ... ... like a cantaloupe.
可看起来更像…香瓜
That's a pretty big potato.
这种土豆可真大啊
Yeah, it *is* a big potato.
是啊 大土豆
So if they plant this thing there, it'll grow?
这么说把它种在那里 就可以长了?
Yeah, oh yes, whole fields of it.
是的 所有田里都种上
I mean, they could sustain an entire village -
这样可以保证这个村庄的粮食供应
but they're oblivious to it.
可他们却不知道这样去做
Tell 'em.
去告诉他们
Anonymously.
匿名的
Oh, c'mon, Doc,
噢 拜托 博士
you can either stand here and let the people die, or you can
你要么站在这里 看着那些人饿死
help 'em out.
要么去帮他们渡过难关
Sounds like a no-brainer to me.
在我来看 不像是一个有头脑的人
As soon as we input the instructions into our console
只要我们在我们那边的控制台
they are relayed back to this device by a number of satellites in orbit over your planet.
它们就会被位于你们星球轨道上的卫星
Once you've carried out the instructions
一旦你们完成了指令
the satellites transmit their real-time results back to us on our homeworld.
那些卫星就会把相关结果
So you're saying this is a game?
你是说 这只是一个游戏?
no, no ... I mean, we *thought* it was a game, but, uh ...
不 不… 我是说
We didn't know there were real people on the other end.
我们不知道在另外一边
*You* are the Oracle?
你就是那个先知?
I'm *your* Oracle, yes.
是的 我就是你们的先知
That doesn't sound right.
听上去总感觉不对劲
I know this is difficult to absorb, but it is all true.
我知道 你们很难接受
You flew in the Puddle Jumper.
你搭乘过Puddle Jumper
You know they have the technology.
了解他们拥有的科技
I'm not listening to this.
我不想听这些
Just hold on here a sec. We can prove it to you.
等一下 我们可以证明给你看
How?
怎么证明?
Let's go for a ride.
我用飞船送你们去
Baden, Nola, this is Doctor Weir,
Baden,Nola,这位是Weir博士
leader of our expedition.
我们探险队的队长
Welcome to Atlantis.
欢迎来到Atlantis
If these two gentlemen haven't done so already,
如果这两位先生还没有道歉的话
let me please offer you our sincerest apologies
请允许我向你们致以诚挚的歉意
for this intrusion into your lives.
很抱歉他们操控了你们的生活
Intrusion?
操控?
An imposition, maybe, and a benevolent one at that.
怎么说也只算是要求吧
I mean, if you could have seen the villages now
如果你去看看那些村子
compared to the way they were when we started ...N Rodney.
﹣比较一下我们开始时的状况
Now, why don't you take them to your game room
为什么不带他们去你们的游戏室呢
show them what you two have been up to?
给他们看看你们都做过什么
Right.
好吧
Shall we?
可以么?
So, this is Geldar and this is Hallona.
这个是Geldar 而这个就是Hallona
Look, two weeks ago I instructed you
两个星期前 我指示你们
to start digging a well for the new settlement on the eastern slope
为东部坡地的居民点挖一口井
and on here ...
看这里…
There. See?
这里 瞧
(60 ft ; Completed: 74% ; Water Table: 46 ; Aquifer Sedimentary G4.)
(目标深度:60英尺 完成度:74%
Construction's already begun.
工程已经开始了
Yes.
是的
I gave the order myself.
我亲自下的命令
Our lives are just a game.
我们的生活只是一场游戏
Well, now, no.
不
They're not games to you and
对你们来说 这不是游戏
in our defence,
对我们而言
we were trying to improve your lives.
我们只是在帮你们改善生活
It's like he said: everything we did, every instruction we gave
他说得对 我们所做的一切
was to better conditions for your people.
都是为了改善你们的生活
And if that meant cheating ...
如果那也意味著作弊的话…
OK, you know, *enough* with that already!
OK 够了!
Is the room OK?
房♥间还可以吧?
It's fine
很好
Well, then, if you need anything at all
如果你需要什么
don't hesitate to ask, OK?
尽管开口 OK?
You hungry?
饿了么?
'Cause we could walk across to the Mess Hall.
我们可以到食堂去
They've got, um, I think it's, uh, Salisbury steak today.
他们今天有索尔斯伯利牛肉饼
It's very good. They have a gravy that they put on the ...
非常好吃 饼子上面…
steak part and, uh ...
还有肉汁
The Oracle was a god to us.
对我们而言 先知就是上帝
I believed in his teachings,
我非常相信他的教导
so much so that my people elected me leader
也正是这样人♥民♥选举我为领导人
because of my passion for scientific advancement.
因为我对科学进步具有极大的热情
they obviously made the right choice.
很显然 他们的选择是对的
Now I must resolve myself to the fact
可现在我必须面对的现实就是
that the Oracle is only a man.
先知只是一个普普通通的人
Yeah.
是啊
Sorry about that.
很遗憾
It's like I said, though -
正如我所说的 虽然这样…
I did what I did with the best of intentions.
我所做的一切 意图是好的
To win a game.
为了在这场游戏中取胜?
No.NNo, no.
不 不不
It is not about winning or losing.
这不是取胜还是失败的事情
Look, the information I gave you and your people is very real
我向你和你的人♥民♥所传达的信息
very useful.
非常有用
I've set you on a course
我正将你们引往一条
that will allow you to develop into a modern society.
向现代社会发展的道路上
I mean, what were you two years ago?
想想看 你们两年前还是什么状况?
You were a primitive, disparate cluster of villages stalled in development.
只是一群原始 散居的村落
Now you're making dirigibles.
可现在你们都有飞艇了
Do you have any idea how momentous that is?
你有没有意识到这是多么大的进步?
The Oracle once said,
限制曾经说过
"Ask not what Geldar can do for you,
不要问Geldar能为你做什么
but what you can do for Geldar."
先问问你能为Geldar做什么
剧集 | 星际之门:亚特兰蒂斯(2004) | 导航列表