As I said, by my calculations, when I reach ninety six percent,
正如我说的 根据我的计算
I either ascend or die.
我要么升♥天♥ 要么死亡
Now, what's my EEG?
我的脑电波频率是多少?
Twenty nine Hertz,
29赫兹
which is about average for someone in an extremely heightened *wakeful* state.
大概是人完全清醒状态时
OK, so I just need to, uh, clear my mind and, um, relax.
OK 就是说我只需要什么也不想 放松
What's that now?
现在多少了?
What?! Oh, come on,
什么?噢 拜托
that's impossible! You must have me hooked up wrong.
这不可能!你肯定是搞错了
No I didn't, thank you very much.
不 我没有 非常感谢
We're getting a clear reading.
读数非常清楚
the Ancients that eventually learned to ascend
古人最终学会升♥天♥
dedicated their entire lives preparing for this moment.
他们倾注了自己的一生
Trust me, this will work. I just need some more time.
相信我 会起作用的
Now stop talking so much.
不要讲这么多废话
you're rippling my pond.
你在打乱我的思维
I think he's having a hard time accepting this can't be solved with science,
我想他很难接受
no matter *how* brilliant he is.
无论他有多么聪明
You know what he needs?
那他需要什么?
He needs to ...
他需要…
release his burden.
放下包袱
Yeah, well, you know McKay.
是啊 你很了解McKay
Maybe Doctor Heightmeyer can help.
也许Heightmeyer医生可以帮忙
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of you.
实际上 我觉得你更能胜任
Me?
我?
Mmm-hmm.
嗯
You lived with the Ancients for six months on the brink of ascension.
你在一群古人升♥天♥之前
You helped them face their fears and finally ascend.
帮助他们面对恐惧 并最终升♥天♥
I fought a scary monster - that's what I do best.
我只是跟一个吓人的怪兽打了一架
And for Rodney,
对Rodney来说
I'm sure this seems like a pretty scary monster.
我想这应该是一个非常吓人的怪兽
I don't think this is gonna work with you hooked up to the machine.
我想跟机器接在一起
How else am I gonna know if it's working at all?
我怎么知道会不会有用
Look, you're teaching me how to meditate.
如果你想来教我怎么冥想
Not exactly good odds there to start with.
我想成功的机率也不会很高
I realise that.
我知道
Truth is,
事实上
I was never really very good at this myself.
我自己也从来没有觉得
So why am I here?
那让我来这里做什么?
Elizabeth made me.
Elizabeth叫我这么做的
Oh. Yeah. Me too.
哦 是啊 我也是
I was with those Ancients for six months.
我跟那些古人一起待了6个月
Maybe I picked up something that might be able to help you.
也许可以想起些什么对你有用的
Yeah
好吧
The first thing I think you need to come to terms with is,
首先我想你必须明确的一点是
this is not a means to an end.
这并不是意味着终结
What?
什么?
Well, of course it is.
当然这是
No, no, no, you can't do that. You can't think
不不不 你不能这样想
that you're just gonna ascend and then re-take human form and be done with it all.
你不能想着先升♥天♥
That is *exactly* what I'm trying to do.
这就是我正准备做的
Look, from what *I* understand, dishonesty's not gonna help the process.
根据我的了解
Good point.
说得对
You know, while we're at it, my knees are killing me.
知道么 现在说话的时候
How's anyone ever relax like this?
采用这种姿势
Find a position that works.
那就换对你有用的姿势
Right. OK.
好的
Fine
好
Now
现在
I want you to become aware of your breaths,
我要你数着自己的呼吸
going in and out of your body.
吸气然后呼气
In ...
吸气…
and out.
然后呼气
Do it without talking.
照做 不要说话
Oh - right.
哦 好的
Now
现在
I want you to think about the things that you worry about the most.
想一下你最担心的东西
You mean, like death?
你是说 死亡?
There's no talking.
不要说话
Think of anything that makes you anxious.
想一下任何能够让你担心的事情
Oh, God, there's so many things.
噢 老天 太多了
Not talking happens to be one of them, by the way.
顺便说一句
Deal with it.
忍♥住
Now.
现在
Imagine yourself sitting on a Ferris wheel.
想像自己坐在一个摩天轮上
What?!
什么?
Look, I told you, I didn't pay much attention to what the Ancients were teaching me.
我跟你说过 古人教了我什么
*I* like Ferris wheels, so that's what *I* thought about ...
我喜欢摩天轮
*and* the fact that the woman
而且那个女的
teaching me how to meditate was ...
教我怎样冥想的那个女的
very attractive.
很有魅力
Why am I not surprised you didn't ascend, huh?
难怪你没有升♥天♥ 啊?
OK, look,
OK 听着
I'm a busy man,
我是个忙人
you're a busy man. We're both busy men.
你也是个忙人 我们都很忙
Just ... relax, alright?
放松… 好么?
I'm gonna try to remember what the woman taught me.
我努力回想一下
Alright.
好吧
Now -
现在
there's a dark storm
有一个黑暗的风暴
swirling around your head.
在你的头上旋转
How is that comforting?
这能让人静下心来么?
I'm *getting* there.
就要说到那部分了
I just thought of a brilliant adjunct to the Chaos Theory.
我刚刚想出一个绝好的方案
Look, I should write this down ...N McKay.
﹣我该把它写下来…
Letting it go. Letting it go.
不管它 不管它
Now,
现在
the sky is clearing.
天空放晴了
All of your troubles are fading away.
所有的苦恼都渐渐退去
Bright blue sky. I am there.
晴朗的蓝天 我来了
How'm I doing?
做得怎样?
Don't think that way!
不要这样想!
Oh, forget it.
噢 算了吧
Look, this is never gonna work.
这样不会有用的
What's wrong now?
又怎么了?
I just realised why light behaves as both particles and waves.
我刚刚想起来
Rodney, if you don't try to do this ...
Rodney 如果你不努力尝试的话…
I know.
知道
I don't have much time left.
剩下的时间不多了
Hey.
嘿
Hmm? Just a second.
嗯 稍等
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
There are, like, fifty simulations I'd like to be running right now,
我现在正在运行
but the computers can't keep up with me
可是电脑不能跟上我的步伐
the irony being that I've actually figured out how to make them run ten times faster
实际上 我已经想出了
but I haven't had time to actually stop and do it.
可我没有时间停下来实施
Oh,
噢
I've uploaded the virtual prototype
我已经把为Puddle Jumper飞船设计的
for a hyperspace generator for the Puddle Jumpers into the database.
超空间发生器的原型设计图
Well, that sounds great.
听起来不错
Are you sure that
你确定
this is how you want to ...
这就使你所想要的…
spend my last couple of days alive?
度过我剩下的几天?
Don't have a lot of choice, do I?
我别无选择 不是么?
Rodney, I think
Rodney 我想
it's very decent and noble of you to want to leave a scientific contribution behind
你希望留下科学贡献的想法
but I still believe there's a chance you can ascend
可我仍然认为
if you put your mind to it.
如果你用心去做的话
We both know that that is a waste of time.
我们都知道那是在浪费时间
Maybe *you* could do it, but ...
也许你可以做到 不过…
剧集 | 星际之门:亚特兰蒂斯(2004) | 导航列表