Let me ask you a question.
问你们个问题
Say there's a runaway train.
假如有列失控的火车
It's hurtling out of control towards ten people standing in the middle of the tracks.
正冲向站在轨道中的10个人
The only way to save those people
拯救这些人的唯一办法
is to flip a switch - send the train down another set of tracks.
就是扳动道岔
The only problem is
可问题是
there is a baby in the middle of those tracks.
在那个轨道上 有一个婴儿
Why would anyone leave a baby in harm's way like that?
谁会冒险把婴儿放在那里呢?
I don't know. That's not the point.
不知道 这不重要
Look, it's an ethical dilemma.
这是一个很难抉择的伦理问题
Look, Katie Brown brought it up over dinner the other night.
Katie Brown曾在晚餐上提起过
The question is:
现在的问题是
is it appropriate to divert the train and kill the one baby
扳动道岔 让火车去撞死那个婴儿
to save the ten people?
从而换取是个人的性命
Wouldn't the people just see the train coming and move?
难道那些人看不到火车要来了
No. No, they wouldn't see it.
不 他们不会看到
Why not?
为什么?
Well ... ... Look, I dunno - say they're blind.
我不知道… 假如说他们都是瞎子
*All* of them?N Yes, all of them.
﹣全部都是?
Then why don't you just call out and tell them to move out of the way?
那为什么不朝他们喊 叫他们躲开呢?
Well, because they can't hear you.
因为他们听不到
What, they're deaf too?
怎么 他们还是聋子?
How fast is the train going?
火车开得有多快?
Look, the speed doesn't matter!
速度并不重要!
Well, sure it does.
不 当然重要
If it's goin' slow enough,
如果不是很快的话
you could outrun it and shove everyone to the side.
你可以赶在它前面 把所有人都推开
Or better yet, go get the baby.
更简单的办法是直接抱走那个婴儿
For God's sake! I was just trying to ...
看在上帝的份上 我只是想…
Yes. Go ahead.
在 讲吧
Major Lorne just dialled in from M4D-058.
Lorne少校刚刚从M4D-058号♥行星
He says he's got something you'll want to see.
说想给你看样东西
Work it out.
好好想想吧
We came through the space Gate and
我们穿过太空中的星门后
immediately noticed a bunch of small satellites in geosynchronous orbit above the planet.
马上注意到在行星的同步轨道上
An advanced civilisation?
一个高度发达的文明?
That's what *we* thought,
开头我们也这样想
then we picked up life signs directly below, so we flew down,
在探测到行星上有生命信♥号♥♥后
saw several villages separated by a large river
看到一些村落被一条大河隔开
and decided to check one of them out,
然后决定到一个村子里去看看
and as you can see ... Sergeant?
于是看到了…
these people don't exactly look like they're ready to be launching any satellites -
看上去这些人并没有能力发射卫星
at least not for the next five hundred years or so.
至少还要等上五百年
The Ancients probably put 'em up there.
卫星也许是古人布置的
Send a science team to check it out.
派一支科考队过去看看
Uh, actually,
事实上
I think Doctor McKay may wanna come check this one out for himself.
我觉得McKay博士应该亲自来看看
Why?
为什么?
Take a look.
看吧
Stargate AtlantisNSeason 03 Episode 15
星际之门之亚特兰蒂斯
How the hell did your face get on that flag?
你的画像是怎么出现在那面旗子上的?
Uh, I don't know.
不知道
Here's the thing, though:
不过有一点
that flag's very similar to the one I designed in our game.
那面旗子跟我在游戏中设计的非常相像
It's *exactly* like the one you designed in our game.
跟你在游戏中设计的一模一样
What game?
什么游戏?
The game Rodney and I have been playing.
我和Rodney一起玩的那个游戏
We didn't tell you about the game?
我们没跟你说过那个游戏?
We've been playing for a while now.
已经玩了好长时间了
Yeah, off and on in our spare time, you know -
当然 是在我们的休息时间
at night, between missions, uh ...
比如晚上 任务的间隙
I could have sworn we told you about it?
我们肯定跟你提到过的
*What* game?
什么游戏?
Well, it started a while ago ...
好吧 这还要从很久以前说起
a few months after we arrived here.
我们到这里来后的几个月
We were exploring the city,
当时我们正在探索这个城市
checking out some labs on the east pier
检查东部区块的实验室
when we discovered a room.
就在那时发现了一个房♥间
There were several Ancient consoles and screens -
里面有一些古人的控制台和屏幕
it was quite an impressive layout.
非常先进的布局
As usual, everything sprang to life as soon as we entered.
跟往常一样 我们进去之后
At first we thought it was some kind of a geological facility ...
开始我们还以为是某种地质实验室
There was a screen with a map
有个屏幕显示着一张地图
that we assumed was of the Lantean mainland.
我们以为那是Lantean大♥陆♥
Yes, I remember you briefing me about that.
是的 我记得你向我报告过
Right! There you go! We *did* tell you!
对!想起来了?我们提过的吧!
You mentioned nothing about a game, though.
可你们没有提到什么游戏
Because at first we didn't know what it was ...
因为开始我们也以为不是
then Rodney studied it more closely.
直到后来Rodney仔细研究了一下
He realised it wasn't a geological lab at all.
才发现那根本就不是什么地质实验室
No, it turns out it was, in fact, a kind of, uh, Ancient game room.
实际上 是古人的游戏室
The map was of a fictional civilisation as part of a simulated world.
那张地图展示了一个虚构的文明
Sweet!
真棒
Yeah, what you do is, you'd take these countries that are already in the database
你要做的就是
and you'd assume control of them.
然后开始控制它们
Two societies separated by a river straight down the middle.
两个社会 中间由一条大河隔开
Sheppard took one country; I took the other.
Sheppard控制一个国家
First thing Rodney did was started by renaming his country
Rodney做的第一件事
and putting his face all over the flag.
以及在旗帜上印上他的画像
I think you need to check this planet out.
你们该去检查下那个星球
So the Ancestors created this game?
这么说 是古人创建了这个游戏?
Yes, but this is no ordinary game.
是的 可这不是平常的游戏
I mean, it is incredibly challenging, instructional ...
当中充满了难以想像的
I mean, the sheer number of options built into it? Staggering.
有很多完全不同的选项
How does one play it?
这个游戏怎么玩呢?
You have to figure out the best way to run your country.
你要想办法尽量管好自己的国家
Yeah, you build roads,
是啊 可以按照自己的想像
you establish laws moulded
修建道路
to your own specific ideology ...
制定法律
You can control everything:
你可以控制一切
proper sanitation systems with water delivery ...
带污水处理的环卫系统…
... transportation ...
交通系统…
I mean, *every* detail can be manipulated -
所有细节都可以控制
I mean, right down to the women's hairstyles.
甚至包括女人的发型
(Samantha Carter's hairstyle)
(Samantha Carter的发型)
Hello there!
你好!
So how do you win this game?
那怎样在游戏中取胜呢?
It's not really about winning.
关键不在于取胜
It's more about whose society outshines the other's.
关键是如何让你的社会
I mean, who creates a better infrastructure, who's better at trade.
谁的基础设施建得好
What?
怎么了?
Hey, don't start. I tried to negotiate with you.
别这样 我当时想要跟你谈判的
Making a list of demands
提出一系列要求
and not giving anything in return is not negotiating.
却不想做出什么回报 这不叫谈判
I offered you an entire crop of beans.
我把收获的豆子都给了你
I don't *need* beans. I need lumber.
可我不需要豆子 我要的是木头
Oh, right -
是啊
to build defensive fortifications for your army,
这样你的军队就可以建造防御工事了
which he doubled in size, by the way.
顺便说一下 你的军队扩张了一倍
Surprise, surprise.
太出人意料了
I only did that after you started cheating.
我是在你作弊之后才开始的
I did *not* cheat.
我没有作弊
He's giving his people *way* too much technology for their level of development.
他教了他的人♥民♥很多科技
I'm not the only one increasing my army, by the way.
另外 你的军队也扩张了
I had to do something to protect the people of Geldar from you.
我必须采取措施保护Geldar的人♥民♥
The name of Rodney's country.
Rodney那个国家的名字
He named it after a girl he stalked in college.
曾经是他大学中暗恋的一个女孩的名字
I did *not* stalk her.
不是暗恋她
We dated twice.
我们见了两次面
I always used to think her name reminded me of some kind of a mythological land.
在看到某种神话中的大♥陆♥时
剧集 | 星际之门:亚特兰蒂斯(2004) | 导航列表