The Wraith cannot possibly perceive us as a threat.
幽灵不会把我们当作是种威胁的
Y'know, to tell you the truth,NI don't know how they would react.
你知道么,老实告诉你吧,我不知道他们会有什么反应
If they choose to wipe youNout of existence, you will be helpless.
如果他们选择将你们除去,那你会一点办法都没有
We cannot hope to control their actions.
我们不能寄希望于控制他们的行动
We can only do what we can
我们做我们能做的
to end the cycle that has gone on for far too long.
就是结束这个进行了太久的循环
His name was Ferrel Mylan.
他的名字是Ferrel Mylan
Before he died in the last culling,
在他在上次优胜劣汰中死去之前,
he was one of our most celebrated medical researchers.
他是我们这里最有名的医学研究者之一
He was the one who found it.
他是创建者之一
Found what?
创建什么?
The key.
钥匙
His journals tell of one man whoNsurvived an encounter with the Wraith.
他的日记,告诉我们一个男人如何在一次和幽灵的相遇中存活下来
Ferrel Mylan's team discovered thatNthis man possessed a unique protein,
Ferrel Mylan的小组发现这个男人拥有一种特殊的蛋白质,
one that enabled him to resist theNchemical released by the Wraith
一种可以抵抗幽灵释放的化学药物的物质
to precipitate draining of life from their victims
可以帮助他们的受害人将毒物排出
After painstaking trial and error...
在反复试验之后
Ferrel made a copy of the protein.
Ferrel 制成了蛋白质的翻版
He was eventually able to create a prototype of a drug
他最后终于可以制成这个药物的原型
designed to interfere with the Wraith feeding process.
可以用来扰乱幽灵的膳食
And it worked?
有用么?
Ferrel was killed beforeNthe drug could be used to defend Hoff.
Ferrel在这种药物可以用来保护Hoff前被杀了
And it's been your job
现在这成了你的工作
to make certain his work wasn't in vain.
要证明他的努力不是白费的
Quite the responsibility.
很大的责任
It is a great honour.
是很荣幸的
How do you know for certain that thisNFerrel wasn't just embellishing his results,
你如何确信
or for that matter making them up?
或者这只是虚构的?
I mean, all you have to go on are his notes.
我的意思是,你所能利用的只有他的笔记
He and his team worked until the last possible moment.
他和他的伙伴一直工作到最后一刻
They knew the Wraith ships were overhead
他们知道 Wraith的舰队就在头顶上
and still they worked through the night,
但仍然在晚上头头的工作,
hoping to provide one more insight,
希望能找到更有力的发现,
one last thread of knowledge not for themselves
不是为了他们自己
but for the generation that would survive.
而是为了下一代
Ten thousand soldiers gave their livesNto give them those last few hours.
为了能为他们创造这一点点宝贵的时间,成千上万的士兵们牺牲了性命
The last words of Ferrel's journalNare known to all Hoffans.
Ferrel's 日记上的最后一句话,所有Hoffans人都知道
I meant no disrespect, Perna.
我不是冒犯, Perna
It's alright.
没关系
More than just his journals survived the culling.
在那时候,不止是他的日记留下了
His research materials were safeguarded as well,
他的研究材料也被保存得很好,
including carefully preserved Wraith cell samples
包括细心保存的幽灵细胞的样本
which we still use in our work today.
我们现在仍然可以利用
Please.
请
See for yourself.
你自己看
Oh!
哦!
That's incredible!
简直是难以置信!
I saw it with my own eyes, Doctor Weir.
我亲眼看到了, Weir博士
Yes, in a Petri dish,
是的,在这个培养皿里,
and we are talking aboutNa hundred and fifty year old Wraith cells.
我们谈论的是150多年前的幽灵的细胞
I mean, for all we know, they could be immune toNthe drug by now,
我的意思是,他们现在对这些药物已经免疫了,
or come up with defences against it.
或者找别的东西对付它
Well, I don't think so, Doctor.
嗯,我不这么想,博士
I took the liberty of running a few tests of my own
我使用了一点研究人员的特权
using cells taken
使用了一些
from the Wraith armNMajor Sheppard brought back from Athos.
Sheppard少校从Athos带回的幽灵的胳膊上个的细胞
The results were the same...
结果还是一样
near complete resistance.
几乎可以完全抵抗
They've definitely got something.
这其中肯定有点什么
Believe me, I'm more surprised than anyone.
相信我,我比任何人都觉得惊讶
So what do you recommend?
所以你的建议是?
That we take their work to the next level.
我们将他们的工作推向另一个水准
I've informed the Hoffans of our guest in the brig.
我已经通知了 Hoffans ,我们有客人
You realise what you're asking for?
你知道你在说什么么?
I do.
我知道
Anything I should know about, Sergeant?
有什么新情况,军士?
No, sir, he's been quiet.
没有,长官,他很安静
Still trying to make you see things?
还在试图让你看到什么?
He's given up on that.
他已经放弃了
I didn't think he'd last this long.
我觉得他坚持不了多久
Hello again, Major Sheppard.
又见面了, Sheppard少校
Sorry if I woke you.
很抱歉,如果我打搅了你
Just came by to see if there's anything you needed.
只是过来看看你有什么需要
Magazine, fresh towels.
杂♥志♥,干净的毛巾
You hide your fear poorly, Major.
你没有很好的掩饰你的恐惧, 少校
Y'know, we've been having these conversationsNfor a couple of weeks now,
你知道的,我们像这样谈话已经好几个星期了,
and I don't even know your name.
但我还不知道你的名字
You guys do have names, right?
你们也有名字,对吧?
Let me guess...
让我猜猜
Steve?
Steve?
I am your death.
我是你的死神
That is all you need to know.
你只要知道这个就够了
I prefer Steve.
我更喜欢Steve
What do you hope to gain from this?
你想要什么?
Just trying to bridge the gap betweenNour two cultures; get to know you better.
我只是想更加了解你们一些,打破我们之间的隔阂
That and try to figure out how to keep your kind
试试看如何让你变温和一些
from sucking the lifeNout of millions of innocent people.
从上百万无辜的人那里获得生命
Even if I told you what you want to know,
就算我告诉你那些你想知道的东西,
it would change nothing.
也不会改变什么
You are doomed as are any humans that stand in our way.
你的命运和那些阻碍我们的人类一样
Can't be a nice way to die?
没有更好的死法了么?
Hungry,
饥饿,
slow,
慢慢的,
knowing your food source is just...
你的食物
out of reach.
看得见摸不着
Why do you keep me here?
为什么把我关在这里?
I need to know what we're up against.
我要知道我们将要面临的是什么
For example,
比如说,
how many of those big hive shipsNhave you got and where are they?
你们到底有多少这种大的飞船,它们在哪里?
You have nothing to offer me in return.
告诉你有什么好处
We could talk about easing your hunger...
或许我们会给你吃的
You would never sacrifice one of your own kind.
你不会牺牲你的同类的
And yet, it is all that stands between
它们就站在
you and the information you seek.
你和你找寻的那些信息之间
Using living Wraith cellsNis our only recourse at this juncture.
现在我们唯一的资源就是活的幽灵细胞
Without them we have no way of knowingNfor certain if the drug is actually viable.
否则我们无法确信这种药物是否有用
You said it worked effectively on the cells
你说过它
of the severed Wraith arm we brought back.
对我们带回来的那只幽灵胳膊上的细胞是很有效的
It did.
的确如此
But those were already in a partially decayed state.
但是它有很多地方已经腐烂了
We need live samples.
我们需要活的样品
And with new samples
如果有新的样品
you think it's possible to create a prototype?
你就可以研制出药物原型?
Given enough time, yes I do.
只要有足够的时间,我就可以
He's got a good pointNthe Hoffans are practically obsessed.
他已经突破了困扰 Hoffans的地方了
Thank you, Rodney.
谢谢, Rodney
I agree, Doctor.
我同意, 博士
But their obsession may become their undoing.
但是那对于他们来说或许没什么
Well, even if they do... undo, it'd be good for us.
嗯,不管怎样,对我们总有好处
I mean, given the choice, wouldn't you want to be immune?
我的意思是,如果有机会,难道你不想注射这样的疫苗么?
Not if it meant the livesNthe Wraith might otherwise spare.
否则就要成为幽灵的食物
This drug would only be of value if everyone,
除非每一个人,每一个角落都有这样的免疫力,
everywhere, possessed the same immunity.
这药才是真正有用的
There's a thought worth pursuing.
这个想法倒是不错
I agree.
我同意
Major, have you made any progress with your prisoner?
少校,跟你的犯人有什么新的进展了么?
Well, not yet, but he just blinked.
没有,他眨了下眼睛
He blinked?
眨眼?
What does that mean?
这是什么意思?
It means he's still holding on
说明他仍然有把握
剧集 | 星际之门:亚特兰蒂斯(2004) | 导航列表