500年来都没有人从那个大井里穿行了
Yeah well, here's the thing. We're a little lost.
是的,就是一个大井。我们迷路了
And you are all older than 24.
你们都是超过24岁的长者
Ford? How old are you?
Ford?你多大了?
25 sir.
25岁
I guess so.
我猜是这样
Is that a problem?
有问题吗?
Please, sit.
请坐
They are trespassers Karris,Nwe don't have to explain ourselves.
Karris,他们是入侵者
I apologise.
我道歉
You are familiar with the Wraith?
你们也知道幽灵吗?
Yes
是的
Well we're not friends or anything like that.
但我们和幽灵不是朋友
The Wraith used to farm our planet.
幽灵过去侵占了我们的星球
As we used to farm livestock and beasts of burden.
就像我们过去豢养家禽和野兽一样
Only we were their herd.
只有我们是他们的畜群
Yeah, they seem to do that everywhere.
是的,他们到哪里都那样做
Our ancestors fought them,Nbut our weapons were not strong enough.
我们的祖先抗击过他们
Our people tried to hide from them,Nbut they were always found.
我们试着躲起来
None died peacefully.NNone could enter into the eternal rest.
没有人能安乐的死去
Eternal rest?
永恒的安宁?
To die at the hands of the Wraith.
死在幽灵的手里
To breathe your last breath amongst such hatred and evil.
在仇恨和邪恶中咽下最后一口气
There is no way to move peacefully intoNthe next world, when that is your fate.
你不可能安宁的去到另外一个世界
My ancestors decided that to beat the Wraith,Nwe must learn to think as they think.
我们的先人认为要打败幽灵
We ensure that we never provideNthe Wraith with a crop worth picking.
我们决定不给幽灵留下任何一个有利用价值的人
By?
怎么做到?
None of us passes the age of 24.
我们没有人活过24岁
How do you manage that?
用什么方法?
On the eve of our 25th year, we make the sacrifice.
在我们25岁的前夜,我们就祭祀
Both for our people and for our ownNsafe passage into the eternal rest.
为了我们的族人和我们自己
What?
什么?
You kill each other?
你们互相残杀?
No. We take our own lives.
不,我们自行了断
And so the Wraith have not returned for nearly 500 years.
所以幽灵已经500多年没有来这儿了
Never in my life have I ever felt so old.
我从来都没像现在这样觉得自己已经很老了
This is without a doubt, the mostNscrewed up way of life I can imagine.
毋庸置疑,这是我能想像到的最悲惨的生活
They seem to accept it.
他们好像已经习惯了
They're kids, what do they know?
他们只是孩子,怎么会知道呢?
Kids that don't want to keep us around.
孩子们不希望我们在这儿
Because they believe our presenceNmay bring back the Wraith.
因为他们觉得我们的到来会引来幽灵
They can't be right can they?
他们这么想是不对的,是吗?
What the Wraith just ignore them,Nbecause they're young?
幽灵放过他们是因为他们还很小吗?
Reminds me of veal. Can't be the same thing can it?
我想起了小牛犊,是不是很相似
Of course not. Veal is delicious.
当然不是,小牛肉很美味的
The Wraith don't come by anymore,Nbecause when their darts fly close to the villages,
幽灵再也不来了是因为
the electro magnetic field takes them out.
电磁场就会干扰他们
Much like what happened to our Puddle Jumper.
就像干扰我们的飞船那样
Why do they not just land outsideNthe disturbance and take the village by foot?
他们为什么不在干扰之外的地方着陆
I'm sorry, perhaps I'm not being clear.NNothing works here!
对不起,也许我没说清楚
Not their stunners, their darts.
他们的迷幻术、他们的飞船都不行
Even their shields wouldn't function correctly.
甚至连他们的防御设备也不能正常运行
I mean, why would they risk their advantage,
我是说他们没必要冒这么大险
when there's a smorgasbord,Nthrough some other stargate?
因为通过星门还有很多地方有他们的猎物
Our guns work though, right?
我们的枪在这儿可以使用,是吗?
Because they're relatively primitive.NThey don't generate an EM field.
因为他们相对来说比较原始
We must tell them.
我们必须告诉他们
Not before I've had a chanceNto look at those ruins, we don't.
在我有机会检查这个古迹之前不要告诉他们
They're sacrificing themselves for no reason.
他们毫无理由的自杀
What are we going to tell them Teyla?
Teyla,我们要告诉他们什么?
Listen kiddies, everything you believe to be true is wrong,
听着,孩子们!你们所相信的那些东西都是错的
and trust us, because we've been here for almost an hour.
相信我们吧,因为我们到这儿已经有一个小时了
We've talked it over.NYou can stay until you've fixed your ship.
我们讨论过了
But you must work quickly.
但是你们必须快点
Your being here makes our people uncomfortable.
你们来这儿让我们感觉很不舒服
That's fair enough. We'll work as quickly as we can.
这已经够公平了,我们尽快吧
There may have been somethingNin the ruins where you picked us up that,
在你们遇到我们的那个地方的古迹里
caused us to lose control of our ship.
使我们的飞船失去了控制
They should be watched at all times.
他们任何时候都应该被监视
No, no, no, that's fine. Totally understandable.
哦,不,很好!完全可以理解
I'll choose two of the villagers to keep an eye on you.
我会派两个村民来跟着你们
Casta say's you're 100 years old. Are you?
Casta说你有100岁了,是吗?
Who's Casta?
谁是Casta?
Me.
我
Where are you getting your information Casta?
Casta,你是从哪儿听来的?
Why are you going to the old city?
你们为什么要去那个古迹?
I gotta check something.N What kind of thing?
我们要检查一些东西
It's grown up stuff.
这是大人的事情
What's a grown up.
什么是大人?
Someone that's older than you are.
比你年长的人
I'm 3 years older than Claire. You can tell me.
我比Claire大3岁,你告诉我吧
Nice try, but you're not a grown up.
很好,但是你不是大人
But you just said,Nsomeone that's older than me is a grown up.
你刚刚说比我年长的人就是大人
I don't need you to tell me what I just said, ok?
我不需要你来告诉我我刚刚说了什么,好吗?
Ok
好
So, why are we going to the old city?
你们为什么要去那个古迹?
Ford, a little help here.
Ford,我需要你的救援
What are you talking about? You're a natural.
你在说什么?你是白♥痴♥
Let's see how long we can be quiet.
让我们来看看我们能多久不说话
Who can be quiet the longest, huh?
谁会是最久的呢,嗯?
Well, I'm not a quiet person.
哦,我是不是个安静的人?
That's not quiet. That's talking.
那不是安静,你已经在说话了
Well I'm not a quiet person. I talk a lot.
我不是个安静的人,我话很多
You have young?
你有小孩吗?
Me? No. Not yet anyway. You?
我?还没有,你呢?
Oh yes. They're raised in one of the other villages.
我有了,他们在另外一个村子里
Other villages?
另外一个村子?
To keep family lines apart.
延续我们家的香火
God. How many villages are there like this?
天啊,像这样的村子有多少个?
Twelve. There are few larger than this one,Nbut, more smaller in number.
12个,他们都比这个要大一点
And they all make the sacrifice?
他们都自杀吗?
Yes. We all do. As have the many before.
是的,我们都这样
No-one ever....
没有人曾经……
What?
什么?
Well, decides not to go through with it.NTakes off. Runs away.
就是决定打破这个规矩
There has been hesitation.
我们有过犹豫
I bet.
我打赌
We can be persuasive when the time comes.
只要时机合适,我们是可以被说服的
I know what that means
我知道这是什么意思
Look, I gotta tell you.
听着,我想告诉你
I don't understand this at all.
我完全不理解这是怎么回事
Where I come from, we value lifeNmore than almost anything else.
在我来的那个地方
Lt Ford, he's just a year older than you.
Ford中尉,他只比你大1岁
Do you know what he would haveNmissed out on if his life was over a year ago?
你知道如果他1年前就死了
We're not all that different.
我们其实没有那么多不同
It's just that I would rather have 24 years of peace,Nthan a life of fear.
只是我宁愿拥有24年的宁静
What if there's another way.
但如果有另外一条出路呢?
Naturally, when the time comes.
自然,当时机到来的时候
The time comes.
时机到了
Well of course it does, that's part of living a life.
当然了,那是生命的一部分
I mean for me. Tomorrows the first day of my 25th year.
我是说我自己
Tomorrow?
明天?
Yes. That's why I lead the council of elders.
是的,这就是为什么我是这里的头
I'm oldest among the 24's.
我是所有24岁的人中最大的
You mean tomorrow you um....
你是说明天你要……
Tonight.
今晚
Tonight?
今晚?
Our rule was put in place long ago, and it works.
我们的规定很久之前就定下来了,现在依然在执行
It is not for me to question it. Tonight I die.
这不容我去质疑
How many?
多少个人?
Four. They claim they're alone,Nbut we can't be sure. There may be more.
剧集 | 星际之门:亚特兰蒂斯(2004) | 导航列表