剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表
against Mr. Mercedes,
尽管她非常害怕
and even though she was terrified,
她还是同意了
she agreed.
她怎么能不出现呢
How could she not be?
这个男人捅了她 留她在那里等死
This man had stabbed her, left her for dead,
而且即使是在监禁时
and demonstrated the capacity to kill
依然展现出了杀人的能力
even while in a custodial setting.
她不可能信赖法律去保护她
She couldn't trust the law to protect her.
政♥府♥ 实际上
The government, in fact,
想让他免受牢狱之灾
was seeking to spare him from prison,
歌♥颂他为医学的未来
to glorify him as the future of medicine.
布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德依然有未来
Brady Hartsfield still had a future.
那是可获得的 甚至是光明的
It was possible, even bright.
这是那个杀了很多人的男人
The man who had killed so many,
是那个试图杀死卢的男人
who had tried to kill Lou.
卢那天带了把枪去法庭
Lou brought a gun to court that day
是出于自卫
to protect herself,
然后 在她忍♥受着过去的创伤
and then after giving her testimony
当下的创伤 害怕
in the throes of past trauma,
恐惧 甚至还有
current trauma, fear,
消灭邪恶的冲动
terror, even, and yes,
提供完证词之后 她动手了
the compulsion to eradicate evil, she acted.
动手了 还击了
Acted, reacted.
就像霍莉说的 她的双手代替了我们
Like Holly said, her hands spoke
所有因为她的冲动变得更安全的人说话了
for all of us who she made safer with an impulse.
它就那么发生了
It just happened.
一级谋杀
First-degree murder,
那就是公诉人起诉她的罪名
that is what the prosecutor has charged her with.
最坏中之最坏
The worst of the worst.
最坏中之最坏
Worst of the worst?
一级谋杀对吗
First-degree murderer?
如果你们认为
If you think that,
卢·林克莱特是对社会的威胁
that Lou Linklatter is a menace to society
是应该被扔进监狱的人 那就同意这么判吧
who should be put in prison, then do that.
如果你不这么想 别同意
If you don't... don't.
我的天
Holy shit.
你想要概念验证 给你了
You wanted proof of concept, there you go.
七万五千
$75,000.
别客气
You're welcome.
一页罗斯坦手稿值这么多
For one page of Rothstein?
我跟你说了
I told you.
我怎么知道你就只得到这么些钱呢
How do I know that's all you got for it?
我怎么知道你没有多拿钱呢
How do I know you didn't get more?
可能多拿了很多
Maybe a lot more?
我刚给了你七万五千
I just gave you 75 grand
你却选择怀疑我
and you're choosing to doubt me?
小混♥蛋♥
Little shit.
如果真那么贪 我应该拿走
If anything, I should be taking
超过总钱数的四分之一
more than a quarter of the gross.
我是那个承担所有风险的人
I'm the one taking all the risk.
你 胡说
You... Bullshit.
如果我们被抓了 你最多
If we get caught, you'll do five,
在少管所蹲五六年
six years max in juvenile hall.
我会实时查看
I'd be looking at real time.
你把它卖♥♥给谁
Who'd you sell it to?
你不会想知道的 所以别问
You don't wanna know, so don't ask.
这是个非法生意
This is an illegal operation.
我们不会给收据 不会保留文件
We don't give out receipts and keep paperwork.
我什么时候能拿到手稿
When do I get the manuscripts?
很快
Soon.
事实上 非常快 但是条件有变
In fact, real soon. Little change of plans.
怎么说
How so?
我会给你所有的手稿
I'll bring you all the manuscripts,
但是我想要先付款
but I want to be paid in advance.
那不可能
That's impossible.
你认为我有那么多钱吗
You think I have that kind of money?
你最好有
Well, you better get it.
你到底在做什么
What the fuck are you doing here?
我刚刚给了你概念验证
I just gave you proof of concept.
我只想结束所有的这些
I just wanna be done with all this shit
然后回归我的正常生活
and get back to my normal life.
你想回归正常生活
Oh, oh, you wanna get back to your normal life?
天哪
Gee.
你现在藏匿着
You're fencing stolen books
美国现存最伟大的作家所被盗的书稿
by the greatest living author in America,
只是这位作家现在因枪击而死
who only now isn't living because he was shot dead,
而既然你手里有他的书
and since you've got his books,
你就成了嫌疑人
you'd be a suspect.
这就是你新的日常
This is your new normal.
我只需要寻找一个新的买♥♥家
I'll just find a new buyer.
你倒是让我看看那怎么行得通
Yeah, you let me know how that goes.
我可以预见你屁滚尿流的样子
I can see you're about to shit your pants.
如果我拥有你的这些
If I was sitting on what you got,
警♥察♥们在努力搜寻的东西
with the police on the hard sniff...
接下来是我们能达成一致的
Here's what we can agree on.
我们改变一下条件
We got changed circumstances.
这是我新的提议
Here's my new and improved offer.
你把那些书都给我
You bring me all those books, and in exchange
我将在寻找买♥♥家期间保管这些书
for me sitting on them as I look for buyers,
且考虑到风险不断增加 作为交换
in exchange for me assuming that risk going forward,
把我的提成增加到百分之四十
I increase my cut to 40%.
根本不可能
No fucking way.
这是唯一的办法
Oh, it's the only fucking way.
这是你摆脱这个麻烦的唯一方法
It's your only fucking way out of this mess.
- 我给你百分之三十 - 百分之四十 不然就算了
- I'll give you 30%. - 40%, or fuck off.
风险太大了
It's too much risk.
- 我考虑一下 - 你尽管考虑它
- I gotta think about it. - Yeah, you think on it.
你尽管祈祷它
You pray on it.
尽量快一点就行
Just do so quickly.
滚蛋
Fuck off!
她打印了枪
She printed the gun,
用陶瓷子弹躲过金属探测器
used ceramic bullets to avoid the metal detectors.
这是经过周密计划的
It was meticulous,
而执行过程既是事实
and the execution itself was as matter-of-fact
也很残酷
as it was cold-blooded.
我不会花时间说服你们
I'm not gonna spend time convincing you of something
一些你们已经知道的东西
you already know,
我也不会谈论布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德
and I'm not gonna talk about Brady Hartsfield either,
因为我们知道他是什么样的人
because we know who and what he is,
同时我们也很清楚
and we pretty much know
卢·林克莱特是谁 不是吗
who Lou Linklatter is, don't we?
一个完完全全的好人
A fundamentally good person
做了非法的事情
who committed an illegal act.
我不会让你们不要去同情她
I'm not gonna tell you not to feel for her.
我同情她
I do.
我也不会让你们去评判她这个人
And I'm not gonna ask you to judge her,
只是她做的事情
just what she did.
在这开始之前
At the beginning of this,
我说过这个庭审完全是关于我们的
I said that this trial was really about us.
更多的是你们
Mostly you.
我们是不是在一个法律和制度的社会
Are we a society of law and order or not?
我们是每个人都遵守相同的法律
Is everyone held to the same law,
还是有些人足够受欢迎
or if someone is popular enough,
就可以实行谋杀
they get to commit murder?
可以向赤手空拳的人的头部开枪
Okay to shoot unarmed people in the head
仅仅因为他们是坏人
just so long as they're bad people?
真的吗
Really?
我知道布雷迪是什么样的人
Yeah, I know who Brady is.
我也知道卢是什么样的人
And I know who Lou is.
那你们是什么样的
Who are you?
所以
剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表