剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表
For me to be in business, I got to stay in business,
也就是我必须时不时
which means I got to play the populist
和多数人站在一边 才能再度当选
every now and again in order to get reelected,
也就是你看见的
which means those traditional judicial boundaries
那些以前的传统的法庭规矩
you see in your rearview mirror...
要无足轻重得多
Way tinier than they appear,
也就是说到最后
which means at the end of the day,
我听从良心指引
I let my conscience be my guide,
可能对卢·林克赖特不太有利
which will not bode well for Lou Linklatter.
是莱特
"Later."
卢·林克莱特
It's Lou "Link-later."
赖特 莱特
"Latter," "Later."
你告诉芬克死坦赶紧让她认罪
You tell Finkelfuck to plead this thing out.
我一直在跟你说的就是这个
That's what I keep telling you.
她不认罪 问题就在这
She won't plea. That's the thing.
判多久都不认
Not even to any time?
她宁可走庭审 赌一把
She'd rather roll the dice with the trial.
她只是不想再被监禁
She just wants out.
怎么可能
Well, is that at all possible?
她能被放出来吗
I mean, could she get out?
能 但我们必须快点行动
It is, but only if we go quickly.
因为什么
Because?
她的精神状态在恶化
She's regressing mentally.
卢要想赢 就必须出庭作证
For Lou to win, she would need to testify.
她必须可信可靠
She would need to be credible, relatable.
她要失去让人信服她的好机会了
She is losing her relatable fastball.
她说布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德在探望她
She says Brady Hartsfield is visiting her.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
她就这么说的
That's what she says.
她能听见他
She hears him.
她听见他说话
She... hears his voice.
她受不了被监禁
Incarceration is not working for her,
所以我们得快点行动
which is why we need to go fast.
车祸现场附近
There's only six families that live
只有六户人家
in the immediate area of the crash site.
我认识住在那儿的那家 克朗岑夫妇
I know the ones who live there, the Krantzes.
都九十多岁了 不可能散步
90s. No way they're taking walks.
年轻一些的一家住在这
Younger family lives here.
我看见了一个少年 他们家养狗了
Saw a teenage kid. They have a dog too.
狗需要拉出去遛
Dogs need exercise.
也许我该去那附近上门推销我的蜂蜜
Maybe I should knock on some doors selling my honey,
认识一下谁是谁
get a bit of a look-see as to who's who.
我能闻出来贼 还有渴望
I got a nose for thieves, you know, and a hankering.
-我不是贼 -你不是贼
- I'm not a thief. - You're not a thief?
我不过是想转弯而已
I'm just trying to turn a fucking corner, okay?
就这些
That's all.
你太敏感了 莫里斯
A little touchy, Morris.
你没事吧
You okay?
你一直在眨眼
You're blinking your eyes a lot.
你一直眨眼 那说明你
When you blink your eyes a lot, it's...
告诉我
Tell me.
我就是
I just...
我不能忘掉我对谁做了什么
can't shake what I did, who I did it to.
新闻上说
They're saying on the news that...
我杀了文化
I murdered culture,
我的行为比梅赛德斯先生还糟糕
that what I did was worse than the Mr. Mercedes guy,
因为他只是杀窝囊废
'cause he just killed losers,
但杀死约翰·罗斯汀的人杀了
while whoever killed John Rothstein murdered...
伟大 而我就是杀他的人
Greatness, which is exactly what I did.
我得了糖尿病之后 境况危机窘迫
When I got my diabetes, I was in dire straits.
没有医保
No insurance.
我去找约翰求他帮忙
I went to John to ask him for help.
我们曾经是爱人朋友 至少我是这么以为
We'd been lovers, friends, so I thought.
你知道他怎么说吗
You know what he told me?
他说我应该去印度
He said I should go to India,
首先 因为那里的医疗更便宜条件更好
first because the medical care was cheaper and better over there,
其次 既然我变得像奶牛
and second, since I had come to resemble a cow,
他们会按照印度教的信仰尊敬我
they would revere me, pursuant to their Hindu beliefs.
在我生病急需帮助的时候 他就这么跟我说
That's what he said to me in my time of sickness and need.
"去印度吧 死肥奶牛"
"Go to India, you fat cow."
从那之后 我就憎恨约翰·罗斯汀
I had a great hatred for John Rothstein after that,
但我意识到他不过是我们社会的产物之一
but my animus softened with the realization
我的恨意就消解了
that he was simply a product of our society,
这个社会里 富人不仅不去帮助没那么幸运的人
where the wealthy not only fail to help the less fortunate
还想尽办法迫使他们接受困境
but find ways to condemn them.
我们住在世界上最富有的国家 莫里斯
We live in the richest country in the world, Morris,
我们能吃上蛋糕
where we get to eat cake.
我们得不到教育
We don't get educated.
没有医保
We don't get health care.
没有基本生活工资
We don't get living wages.
什么都没有
We don't get shit.
约翰·罗斯汀代表着有特权的少数人
John Rothstein embodied the privileged few:
富有 漠不关心 歌♥颂减税
rich, uncaring, exalting his tax breaks
却不同情别人的苦难
over compassion for human suffering.
你猜怎么着
Well, guess what.
到头来
Comes a time of reckoning.
杀死约翰·罗斯汀
Killing John Rothstein...
让你成了我书中的英雄
That makes you a hero in my book.
你也会成为约翰书中的英雄
And you'd be a hero in John's book as well.
你怎么知道
How do you figure?
吉米·古德敬佩谁
Well, who did Jimmy Gold admire?
萨姆·亚当斯 丹尼尔·谢司 莫利帮份子
Sam Adams, Daniel Shays, the Molly Maguires.
今天这些对抗不公的榜样哪去了
Where are those beacons today to rise up against injustice?
你就是新的吉米·古德 莫里斯
You're the new Jimmy Gold, Morris,
现代托马斯·潘恩
the modern-day Thomas Paine.
和所有革命一样 需要流血
And like with all revolutions, it requires bloodshed.
约翰·罗斯汀就是个好开始
John Rothstein was a good start.
不管是谁拿了书
Whoever took the books,
你的书
your books,
你的钱
your money...
下一个就轮到他
He's next.
放了卢 放了卢
Let Lou go! Let Lou go!
放了卢 放了卢
Let Lou go! Let Lou go!
-放了卢 放了卢 -让让 让我过去
- Let Lou go! Let Lou go! - Back up for me, please.
放了卢 放了卢
Let Lou go! Let Lou go!
霍奇斯警探 你有什么想说的吗
Detective Hodges, could I get a comment, any statement?
-今天没有 -你对公平怀有希望吗
- Not today. - Are you hopeful for justice,
你认为此案的公平是什么
and would your idea of that be in this case?
我认为的公平赢不了的
My idea of justice doesn't carry the day.
如果真是那样的话
Would that it did.
放了卢 放了卢
Let Lou go! Let Lou go!
但我要说
But I do say this:
人♥民♥的意愿很重要
the people's will, you know... It matters.
在他们心中很重要
It matters in their hearts.
在投票亭中很重要
It matters in the voting booth.
我很高兴看到大家在这里集♥会♥
I'm glad to see public assembly such as this here.
不久之前 人们还害怕人群密集场所
Not too long ago, people were too terrified to gather in crowds
害怕被疾驰的车碾压
for fear of the oncoming grille of a speeding car.
那恐惧已经被消灭了
That terror has been eradicated,
被卢·林克莱特消灭了
extinguished by Lou Linklatter,
所以我希望她的英勇行为
so I'm heartened to see her heroism recognized today
今天能够被人♥民♥的意志承认
by the will of the people.
我们只能希望
We can only hope that legal justice
法律正义对得起普通人的良心
rises up to the conscience of the common man.
可悲
Pathetic.
谢谢
Thank you.
刚才很棒
That was impressive.
我刚才是闹着玩的
What that was, was a farce.
让法律之狗围着媒体团团转
It's the media tail waving the justice dog by the balls.
先是华盛顿那群贱♥人♥ 现在又轮到法官
First those whores in Washington, now the judges.
说得好 让法律之狗团团转
剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表