剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表
Hear ye, hear ye. Justice dog by the balls.
全体起立
All rise.
现在开庭
This court is now in session.
法官伯纳德·莱茵斯主持
The honorable Judge Bernard Raines presiding.
大家好
Hello, everybody.
很高兴让伟大的俄亥俄州
Nice to wake up in the grand state of Ohio
在这温暖的阳光中醒来
to this warm sunshine, huh,
二月的暖阳
in the month of February?
请坐
Sit.
检察官女士
Madam Prosecutor,
有什么要说的
what have you got for me?
俄亥俄州人♥民♥支持庭审 法官大人
The People of Ohio stand ready for trial, Your Honor.
你说什么
I beg your pardon?
俄亥俄州人♥民♥支持庭审
The People of Ohio stand ready for trial.
芬克斯坦先生 你有什么想说的吗
Mr. Finkelstein, something you want to say?
有 法官
Yes, Judge, I do.
现在 我们要修改诉状
At this time, we would amend our pleadings
用必要性积极抗辩
and affirmative defenses to include necessity.
好 必要性
Okay. Necessity.
我坚信应该做必要的事
Well, I'm a big believer in doing what's necessary.
请被告起立
Will the defendant please rise?
首先 因为没有足够的证据
First, based on a lack of sustainable evidence,
我禁止你用自卫积极抗辩
I hereby am excluding self-defense as your affirmative defense,
所以这也不存在了
so that's... that's gone too.
你不能那么做
You can't do that!
你的反对我知道了
Your objection is noted,
律师 反对无效 因为我绝对可以那么做
Counsel, and overruled, because I absolutely can do that,
而且我就这么做了 并且
and I hereby do so, and furthermore,
如果你对陪审团也称
if you so much as suggest
你的代理人是自卫
that your client acted in self-defense to a jury,
我就判你藐视法庭
I will hold you in contempt,
现在 你应该知道我说到做到
and by now, you should be comfortable knowing that I mean what I say.
所以 你就只剩下必要性了
So that leaves you with necessity.
在我们继续之前
Are you sure there's not some rethinking
你确定你没有什么要重新考虑的吗
you might want to do before we proceed?
没有 法官大人
No, Your Honor.
辩方准备接受庭审
The defense remains ready for trial.
对吗 林克莱特小姐
Is that right, Miss Linklatter?
你准备好用必要性赌一把了吗
You ready to, uh, roll the dice with necessity?
林克莱特小姐 我跟你说话呢
Hello? Miss Linklatter, I'm talking to you.
我在听 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor.
你准备好用必要性
Are you prepared to roll the dice with, uh, necessity
作为你唯一的辩护理由了吗
as your sole defense?
是的 先生 法官大人
Yes, sir... Your Honor.
你没事吧 林克莱特小姐
Are you all right, Miss Linklatter?
你看起来有点受了精神创伤
You look a little traumatized.
你没事吧
Are you okay?
我现在
I've had...
不太好
Better days.
肯定是
I bet you have.
我们继续
Before we proceed
坚定不移地追求正义之前
with our never-ending, unflinching quest for justice...
我认为有必要
I feel duty-bound to make sure
确保你的头脑是清醒的
that your head is in proper working order,
所以按照俄亥俄州刑法48B条
so pursuant to Provision 46B of the Ohio Criminal Code,
我命令将被告
I'm ordering that the defendant be transferred
-转移到哥伦布的 -什么
- to the mental facility in... - What?
精神病院
Columbus for a period of not...
时间不得短于四周 不得超过一年
Not less than four weeks, not more than a year,
-让你得到全面检查 -法官大人
- in order that you may be tested...- Your Honor!
以确保
In order to make sure
你的精神状况符合审判标准
that you are mentally competent to stand trial.
反对 没有证据支持能力检查
Objection! There is no evidence to support a competency test!
我也没有申请做检查 法官大人
Nor am I asking for one, Your Honor.
我不需要你允许
I don't need your permission!
你的理由是什么
And what's your source?
我正看着她呢 她看起来不对劲
I'm looking at her, and she don't look right,
所以我得做出决定
so I got to make a call.
裁决权
Sua sponte.
你们知道裁决权是什么意思吧 律师们
You know what sua sponte means, Counsels?
是拉丁语
It's Latin...
意思是"我想怎么办就怎么办因为我是法官"
for "I get to do whatever I want because I'm the judge."
把被告带回监禁
Take the defendant back into custody.
芬克斯坦 你说的
Finkelstein, this is what you said...
-你说不会这样 -法官大人 你不能这样
- You said this wouldn't happen. - Your Honor, you can't do this!
"法官大人 你不能这样"
"Your Honor, you can't do this."
他们不会的 我会把你弄出去的
They're not going to do it. I'm gonna get you out of there.
为什么没人听我说呢
Why does nobody listen to me?
-你撒谎 -我没有
- You fucking lied. - I did not lie.
我跟你保证
I promise you.
没人听我说
Nobody listens to me.
我一直想告诉你 但你现在有裁决权了
I tried to tell you, but now you got sua sponte,
她去检查头脑 休庭
she gets her head examined, and we are adjourned!
没人听
Nobody ever listens.
这就是这些人的问题
That's the damn trouble with these people.
你今天过得如何
How was your day?
还行
Fine.
有好多作业
Got a lot of homework.
等等 你不先吃晚饭吗
Wait, aren't you gonna have dinner first?
皮特
Pete!
皮特 宝贝 吃饭了
Peter, honey! Dinnertime!
马上
Be right there!
皮特 你妈妈叫你
Peter, your mother called!
-你没听见吗 -来了
- Didn't you hear? - Coming!
好好子
Good boy.
这是最坏的吗
I mean, is it the worst thing?
他们认为她无能力参加庭审 她不会被定罪
They deem her incompetent, she won't be convicted.
这就是我在想的
That's the way I was thinking.
问题是 不能永远把她关在疯人院里
Problem is, she can be kept in the loony bin in perpetuity,
甚至连庭审都不可能
never even get to trial.
该死
Fuck.
这比坐牢还糟糕
This is worse than prison.
精神病院不是为了治好病人
I mean, these places are not about healing you.
不是帮人痊愈
They're not about helping people get better.
是为了隔离开社会不想要的那些人
They're about sectioning off the undesirables from society,
他们认为的讨人厌的人
you know, the people that they deem icky,
他们认为的病人
the people that they deem sick.
我们没病
We are not sick.
抱歉 我道歉 那太...
Sorry. I apologize. That was...
没必要
There's no need.
我就是 我以前有过一次
You know, I just... I used to be in such a place,
我知道你们知道
which I know that you know,
但我还是要重复 因为我就喜欢重复
but it bears repeating, 'cause that's what I do.
我紧张的时候就重复
I repeat myself when I'm anxious and...
重复再重复 抱歉
repeat and repeat and repeat... I'm sorry.
这样太不专业了 我应该...
It's unprofessional. You know, I'm meant to be...
在办公时间保持理智
sane during business hours.
我道歉
I apologize.
现在已经过了下班时间 没事的
It's after business hours, so it's okay.
霍利 我们都有点疯狂
Holly, we're all a bit mad.
所以我们才是人
It's what makes us human.
疯狂和文学
That and literature.
对
Right.
你是我们这里最纯粹的人
You're the most human of us all here.
大多数时间是吧
Well, most of the time.
我们依赖这种人性
We look to that humanity, you know?
甚至以此为生
We even feed off it.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们会帮助卢的
We're gonna be there for Lou.
我们得先把她救出来
We just have to get her out...
不然她就会变成他们说的那样
剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表